AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-21, 22:23   Link #161
grecefar

since the beginning, utena only joined because she was forced, kiwi just because and korisu because she wanted friends. For the looks of it vena knew for a while that enorme will betray him and made another party just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
But if she doesn't lose to begin with she doesn't need to be able to withstand Beeze playing with her and she was doing decently well before she was caught the last time during 1v1.
ehhh, with some sweet talking I'm sure that azure will fall quickly unless she beats utena before anything happens like saitama. Or just by seeing the other girls suffering she will be jelous and we already saw it before.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-21, 22:37   Link #162
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
But if she doesn't lose to begin with she doesn't need to be able to withstand Beeze playing with her and she was doing decently well before she was caught the last time during 1v1.
She loses because of her masochism. After the first few times she began to flinch back in anticipation of the ways she'd be tortured, then started to unconsciously welcome it. She was trying her hardest that time, and even then the moment Baiser got serious and upped her game, she couldn't take the slightest amount of abuse and easily fell. At this point, even if she may be able to hold out briefly with great effort if she's desperate enough, one hit may be enough to have her begging to be made a slave. She's unpredictable at best and a liability at worst until she confronts her masochism and finds a way to control it or learn a way to fight without it interfering.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-22, 04:22   Link #163
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
She loses because of her masochism. After the first few times she began to flinch back in anticipation of the ways she'd be tortured, then started to unconsciously welcome it. She was trying her hardest that time, and even then the moment Baiser got serious and upped her game, she couldn't take the slightest amount of abuse and easily fell. At this point, even if she may be able to hold out briefly with great effort if she's desperate enough, one hit may be enough to have her begging to be made a slave.
It's certainly not going to help that Baiser and NeoAlice will continue to torment them "tenderly," while Lord Enorma and Sulfur are portrayed as physical abuse and physical violence respectively.

Even if Utena willingly ignores Azure to make sure she doesn't start slipping downward again, Azure would probably interpret it as neglect play. sigh.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-22, 04:52   Link #164
GDB

Quote:
Loco's VA is surprisingly skilled. I've heard bad singing is remarkably difficult for actors and VAs, especially ones that do any real singing. They train their voices day and night, so they tend to autotune themselves, instantly correcting their pitch when they're a bit off. That's why so often their "bad" singing is just ridiculously off to the point of absurdity. This sounded much more like "proper" bad singing, and that takes some serious talent.
Yeah, I was really impressed by how she actually sounded like she sucked at singing without being "so bad it's silly".
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-22, 07:21   Link #165
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 8:

Loco's singing is actually hard to listen to.. good work to the VA.

well, and when Utena's face turn monstrous, we can expect something (bad) will happen to her enemies. LOL
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-22, 08:44   Link #166
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
One thing I didn't like, though I kind of expected it, is the way they drew Loco being tortured. It's clear she's supposed to be terrified and seriously dislike it, but some of the images look more like she's enjoying herself, which doesn't fit well with her terror when Enorme pulls her in for more direct threats.
This will... probably make more sense next episode.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-25, 01:24   Link #167
Alchemist007
*Author

Doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to get core members to switch sides considering the leader, unless she knows their real identities or has other dirt.
Old 2024-02-25, 05:47   Link #168
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
since the beginning, utena only joined because she was forced, kiwi just because and korisu because she wanted friends. For the looks of it vena knew for a while that enorme will betray him and made another party just in case.
Clearly Vena made this new party because it's better for business. How can you keep running your Magical Girl Scam to sell merchandising when the bad guys don't follow the script and lose when the time comes?

I'm just kidding on that but it would make for a fantastic twist if the author went with it (sadly, I don't think it will)
Old 2024-02-25, 06:33   Link #169
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm just kidding on that but it would make for a fantastic twist if the author went with it (sadly, I don't think it will)
I'm not. Vatz has said much more concerning things than Venalita.

Venalita encourages and helps Utena, maybe not in the most positive manner, but still helps her develop and doesn't even criticize her when she does her own thing. Vatz makes sure that Tres Magia is on time for their photoshoots.
Old 2024-02-26, 07:14   Link #170
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-26, 12:44   Link #171
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
I'm not. Vatz has said much more concerning things than Venalita.

Venalita encourages and helps Utena, maybe not in the most positive manner, but still helps her develop and doesn't even criticize her when she does her own thing. Vatz makes sure that Tres Magia is on time for their photoshoots.
Well, we just saw how insane potential Utena has, so it wouldn't be surprising for Venelita to let her play freely to develop her talent even if the way she does things isn't the most efficient to his goals.

Though I don't think they are doing it for money, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole disagreement between the good x bad sides was something utterly trivial and stupid.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-26, 16:56   Link #172
The Green One

What actually ARE Venalita's goals? Do they even care about world domination? They appear to favor Utena and her team, but they're still watching Lord's team as well.

They talk about "preparing" before going to take over the world, but seem perfectly content to let Utena's group fuck around and mess with Tres Magia non lethally.
Old 2024-02-26, 20:47   Link #173
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I don't think training in and of itself is a bad idea. At least it's trying to be proactive at something. Though I do think Azure has to take a deeper look at herself. So long as she doesn't face herself she's just walking a fine line between glory and disaster. In theory I suppose she could raise her level so high that even Utena getting powered up by how excited she is won't be able to catch up fast enough. But...tackling her weaknesses is also a way to eliminate becoming a glass cannon. But that is easier said than done. It might be one of the easier of her options, but at least she's trying to pick herself up. Could be handling this worse.

In some ways I'm impressed Utena didn't immediately fly off the handle over the magical girl hunts thing. She did fly off the handle later. But I'm surprised she didn't snap immediately. Has more self-control than I thought.

Really shows what a shaky organization this is. Obviously have the standard goal of world domination. But some are more into it than others. I really wonder what Venalita is plotting. Presumably he's behind giving power to everyone in that room. But he's not exactly on the same page as everyone. Does he actually care about world domination or is there something else at play? At least doesn't seem to have any serious issue with Utena being against finishing off magical girls. He wants them to get stronger, but what does he actually want that power to be used for? I agree with Utena that he clearly expected Lord to make the move she is making. And I'm sure he wants Utena and company to put a stop to her. But why? What the heck is this little thing after?

Also oh no Youko Hikasa voicing a major figure in an anti-magical girl organization again . Just makes me think back to Maria (Symhpogear). Certainly Lord Enorme is good at playing up to being a big bad. Obviously not good things have happened to the magical girls she went after. But she's also a bit awkward when people aren't playing into her script. Not exactly good at team spirit building...

Loco...is pretty darn crazy. I think she got a perfectly valid name. Honestly based on her ability I don't think it's a huge hurdle for Utena and company to overcome. Even the Giant while durable is hardly impossible to handle. But yeah, idol girl isn't a huge problem. Frankly she's lucky that this is the one time the magical girls didn't notice something serious happening in the middle of town. I know they were training, but was it just outside their sensor range? Honestly it would have been interesting to have them need to step in here. I know they can't handle Utena, but I feel like an idiot like Loco would be a good test for them.
Old 2024-02-28, 14:38   Link #174
Huh...?

So we have someone who is into Shame-Play.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-28, 16:51   Link #175
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Nah that's just straight up exhibitionism. Its good that Loco found her voice though... and seems to be joining Baiser's gang.
Old 2024-02-28, 17:40   Link #176
ryllharu

It's pretty funny that Utena is performing "healing" type activities through the worst possible methods.

It's almost like she's living out her original ambition.
Old 2024-02-28, 18:45   Link #177
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Loco can actually sing well!

... if she is completely naked in front of the audience. Kind of figured she wouldn't remain an antagonist for long since she's just way too goofy.

Azure's training is not going so well
Old 2024-02-28, 20:42   Link #178
The Green One

A fun episode this week. Baiser, Leo, and Alice square off against Loco and Lieber and with sound tactics and observation Baiser figures out Loco and Lieber's techniques and turns the tables on them before proceeding to do what Baiser does best and and forces Loco to sing for them naked.

And she surprisingly can sing really well when Loco discovers her own exhibitionism kink.

For the first time Loco gets some honest and earnest validation for her singing and it's enough to make her turn sides and join Baiser's team, and apparently drag her partner along with her.

But will it really be so easy for Baiser and crew to accept them? Especially for Baiser considering what Loco and Lieber were party to with the Magical Girl Hunt? I expect we'll find out next week.

Meanwhile Azure continues to try to control her masochism through training.... with mixed results apparently.... Fight on you little deviant masochist! Fight on so your Mistress will approve of you!

Last edited by The Green One; 2024-02-29 at 00:30.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-28, 21:41   Link #179
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well got to like going to a forced concert with a girl who cant sing

So Loco Musica can sing better under extreme embarrassment
Old 2024-02-28, 21:46   Link #180
grecefar

loco x leber. Great tittle for the next chapter, after this I ship them.

quite good chapter, lot of fun moments and I did like that loco and leber were stronger than them, it does show their experience and teamwork. They had to have a good plan to beat them and not only that, utena made join their party.

I doubt that was the objective but hey, it works for me. I like loco design.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magical girls, yuri