AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-06-28, 06:42   Link #81
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Why did you quote my post in your post #70 and say all those things to me, exactly? I already know all of that I and I agree with you. I also mentioned that Ddraig once said that while Vritra was a troublesome opponent for him due to his versatility, he could still beat him if he tried. I also know already that with Ddraig being a Heavenly Dragon and Vritra being a Dragon King, the former is of course much more powerful. I never even doubted that, so I don't know why you're saying that to me.

And we all have the Ise vs. Saji fight from the previous Gremory vs. Sitri match to take into account here, don't we? There, too, even though Ise managed to beat Saji, not only was it a hard fight for him but he'd also taken attacks that had lasting effects and ended up making him ultimately retire from the match after a while. Like the one Absorption Line sucking his blood, or the one sucked his power out. He can't afford to fall victim to these kinds of attacks when fighting Saji this time, though, since this time he's the King of his team and if he retires, his whole team loses. And there's every chance that if he isn't careful while fighting Saji, even if he wins that fight, he could still end up losing the whole match as a result of careless.

As for why Vritra doesn't have Breakdown the Beast. Yes, sure, his soul was split up into separate Sacred Gears, but those Sacred Gears are now one. They were all reunited thanks to Grigori's efforts. That was why Vrtira's consciousness awakened. But notice that the reason it's impossible for Saji to awaken Breakdown the Beast is more due to the fact that Balance Breaker already has Vritra's full power, and plus, their souls and minds become one in that form. Vritra's original, full power is already released in Balance Breaker. With that, there's no room for Breakdown the Beast because a release of the sealed beast's full power is exactly what Breakdown the Beast is supposed to be for.

Also, Lucidrago, in this case, Ddraig and Vritra can be seen as rivals from how Ddraig accepted Vritra's challenge. Look at their quotes in the preview. Do those look to you like things people who aren't rivals would say to each other? Also, don't forget that Ise and Saji are also rivals.

@Tbolt: I'm with Lucidrago on the point of Sona having a way around DxD G mode if Ise were to use it. You really shouldn't put it past her given how smart she is and how good she is at tactics. She also managed to use Ise better than Rias back in Kyoto while Rias was away and she had to command both the Sitri and Gremory groups by herself. Don't underestimate Sona's brain.

@Sparda4: I don't think Ise should use DxD G mode against Saji. For one thing, it'd be overkill and Ise would do a complete curbstomp - it wouldn't even be a fight. For another, if he did use it, and Sona has countermeasures planned against it or against him being exhausted after using it, he'd be in really big trouble. I know Lucidrago also said this, but I also wanted to say it. Just to make a point.
Old 2017-06-28, 08:07   Link #82
Sparda4
Dark Knight

We all know DxD G is overkill that's a fact but there is a chance that delete field would force Issei to enter it.
Here an example Delete Field "Deletes" every form of the boosted gear besides the base form once it's activated Issei seeing the corner he is in (Or Ravel warns Issei) does castling and activates DxD G to see if that will be "Deleted" too. It's overkill yeah but we don't know the cap for Vritra's techniques so we don't know if it's going to cancel the armors or not.
Old 2017-06-28, 08:15   Link #83
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Now that you mention it, I can totally see Sona luring him into going into DxD G mode, only to corner him even further. As in, a plan that would make them win after he goes into that form and/or after he's exhausted after using his power in that form.

But yeah, it'd certainly be good to see where Delete Field's limitations lie/what its limitations are. Hopefully Ise can beat it without DxD G mode, though.

It does seem to me like you're too much of a Saji/Vritra fan, though. No offense.
Old 2017-06-28, 08:26   Link #84
Sparda4
Dark Knight

I really am a big fan because of his techniques and power, i'll be honest here nowdays there is too much of the Insane levels of power no technique these days and Saji fills in the technique type folder along with Cao Cao but he's more along the lines of inteligent then purely technique type.
Old 2017-06-28, 08:40   Link #85
Krudelu
???

As much as people are speculating what may happen in the Team Issei VS Team Sona RG march, I'm wondering what game mode are they gonna get this time, which will affect this matchup drastically.

Last edited by Krudelu; 2017-06-28 at 09:23.
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 09:12   Link #86
Lucidrago

I'm also the same. I'm more of a fan of techniques rather than power. Sure I love my Issei vs Sairaorg and Issei vs Riser fights. But it's more interesting to see someone use techniques to put their opponent into a corner or turn the entire battle around. Whether it's due to sheer tactics, effectively researching your opponent and coming up with countermeasures, using counter-based moves or abilities, using your ability or abilities to overwhelm your opponent, controlling the flow of battle, etc. Not everyone is an OP powerhouse like Issei and Sairaorg. So some have to use other methods besides power to defeat these strong opponents. And sometimes, power hasn't been enough for even Issei to defeat some opponents. When Issei used the cross and holy water and boosted them s k he could effectively weaken Riser in their battle to make up for the wide gap in their strength at the time. When Saji was actually kicking Issei's ass in their first battle before Issei went BB. Cao Cao making Azazel, Issei, Vali, and the others his bitches while taking them all on and having to defend Georg and Samael.

I want to see more battles like that. Not just battles where power decides it all.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 09:47   Link #87
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I do agree, but we're men, too, aren't we? You can't tell me that fights like Ise vs. Sairaorg don't get your blood boiling. Well, that and I'm just the type that always likes the main male lead and/or main female lead - unless they happen to be complete jerks, denser than a black hole, or just idiots. Plus I like Dragons.

I do also like tactics, as well as characters who are good at them, but I also like powerful characters. Not to mention Ise's powers are interesting, and he can also be smart/inventive in fights (I need some more of that from him).

Anyway, it'd be good if Ise managed to win in the match against Sitri, no matter how close it is. With good reviews, preferably, though in this case that might be wishful thinking since he's likely to get some bad reviews for agreeing to fight Saji when he should know that it could cost him the whole match if he isn't careful.

But yeah, I especially agree with Krudelu about being interested in what kind of match it's going to be. That will decide most of the odds about who's going to win here. And how.
Old 2017-06-28, 10:12   Link #88
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Issei vs Sairaorg was something no sane man who follows this series didn't get hyped for. And you know what i'm thinking ? This match is a trigger for a lot of things on both parties sides internally.
Old 2017-06-28, 10:25   Link #89
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparda4 View Post
Issei vs Sairaorg was something no sane man who follows this series didn't get hyped for. And you know what i'm thinking ? This match is a trigger for a lot of things on both parties sides internally.
When you say, "this match," are you referring to the Gremory vs. Bael match, or to the Issei vs. Sona match in DX4?

As for what you said before that: well said, bro, well said.
Old 2017-06-28, 11:22   Link #90
Sparda4
Dark Knight

The Issei vs Sona one. But seriously it does seem like it.
Old 2017-06-28, 11:36   Link #91
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What do you feel it's going to be a trigger for, in particular? Some rivalry between Ise and Sona as fellow Kings? Some rivalry between Ravel and Sona as fellow strategists? Other things stand to come up as well, on either side, I guess, but some of them would probably depend on who wins this match.
Old 2017-06-28, 11:48   Link #92
Sparda4
Dark Knight

I'm thinking along the lines of internal conflict and similar things and maybe a rivalry too.
Old 2017-06-28, 12:05   Link #93
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Internal conflict among teammates in both teams (not across both teams but within the same team, I mean)? Like Ise and Ravel having longer-lasting differences and such? Yeah, I can see that. I just hope if it does happen, they'll end up making their bonds that must stronger afterwards. Rivalries across both teams would be good as well. If Sona and Ise become rivals, it'd be interesting. I'd like to see how Rias reacts to that, since Sona has been her rival since they were kids.
Old 2017-06-28, 17:28   Link #94
Lucidrago

That's kind of like saying that Rias has a rivalry with Riser and Sairaorg although it's very clear who those two have their mind on in a Rating Game against the Gremory group.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 17:49   Link #95
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

We've had a ball game which seems to be a reference to the ball game of Kuoh Academy, a capture the flag game, destroy the object game, and depends on chance game [Dice Game which totally is a chance game because of this fact]. I would love to see a hide and seek game variation. 2 rounds, so each time can hide and seek where you can free captured hiders. If a hider is found and captured, the hider will be held captive and the other hiders can try to freed the captives. If the hider is not captured, they can re-hide if they get away.

3 ways to win for hiders is to have no members captured, making sure the seekers don't capture more than half their team, or by defeating the enemy King. 2 ways for seekers to win is by capturing more than half the hiders or defeating the enemy King.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 17:54   Link #96
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Lucidrago: Good point. But a rivalry between Sona and Ise is still possible in this case.

@Bennia Lover: Looking at that, yeah, it's quite possible that we can try to guess what any match's game type would be out of all the games humans play and at least one of us would be right eventually.
Old 2017-06-28, 19:37   Link #97
Tbolt

So what everyone is saying is ONLY Ise is going to fight Sona's team? No one has talked about Ise's team being way over the top of Sona's team. And Saji cannot get a super duper secret power up because he has nothing inside him like Ise or Vali and not even Ddraig mentioned any special power.
Old 2017-06-28, 20:00   Link #98
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Um, that's not what we're saying. You haven't noticed us mention Sona and her brain and tactics even once? Are you serious? Recall how the first Gremory vs. Sitri match went. The Gremory group was stronger back then, too, but what good did that do them in that situation? Power isn't everything. Not always.

And, again: don't underestimate Sona's brain.

Let's not forget how bad Ise's reviews have been in the tournament lately, either.
Old 2017-06-28, 20:15   Link #99
Tbolt

Quote:
Recall how the first Gremory vs. Sitri match went.
Yep I sure do Rias beat Sona, one on one.

And how does Ise's reviews up to now have anything to do with anything imporant, as someone said "these are just fun matches" so what ever the commentators or fan's think means absolutely nothing
Old 2017-06-28, 20:15   Link #100
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

They are fun but also learning experiences so one has to be serious about improving themselves, but also about winning too to further improve as a team.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote