AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-03, 13:47   Link #1
LittleBoyBaka

Manga Spoilers Go Here (Spoilers, obviously)

There are several people who read the FMA Manga, and I wondered if we could have all the major spoilers that take place in the manga here, even though the timeline is different from the anime.

Anyone willing to contribute?
Old 2004-02-03, 14:41   Link #2
Nagare Ryouma
Warrior Of Eternity

Hmmm..... I dunno if this is consider to be a spoiler since I only read 2 Volumes and the first chapter of Volume 3 of the manga so far, and the animes has just reached that part and concluded, EP 17. But I was kind a surprise the major difference the manga had when compared with the anime. Although the outcome of the story is literally the same, but there were a huge arrangments in the anime for some reason. Frankly speaking I prefer the way how the story in the manga was potrayed, but the anime wasn't that shabby either. From what I know:
-Spoilers up ahead- (Sorry dunno how to do the spoiler thingy)

-Winry doesn't make an appearence in the manga all the way up to the part where Ed, Al and Armstrong goes back to their hometown for the major repair.

-The manga doesn't display much about what happened on the day of the human transmutation that Ed and Al attempted to do to revive their mom. Well at least not some kind of big flashback we get in the anime.

-Rose (The girl form the very beginning of the story) seems to be much more cheerful and funny in the manga then she is in the anime. We get to see her doing all sorts of funny faces when Ed was badmouthing about the religion etc.

-Mustang isn't as sarcastic as he is in the manga ^^; And there wasn't anything mentioning about his fetishness for mini-skirts....

-Mustang doesn't show up all the way up till the part where the general was on the train and the hijackers show up. We don't get to see him interacting with Ed or Al in anyway like what we have seen in the anime.

-Gluttony and Lust are the names of the fat bum who eats humans and the chick who has a crazy nails.

-Tucker was killed by Scar instead of getting executed. Nina was also killed at the process...

-Lust encounter's Dr. Marcoh and reveals that Marcoh actually worked for them in the past on researching and developing the Philosophers Stone. Lust also mentioned that Marcoh was an Alchemist and is worthy of being the 'sacrifce'..

-Scar's brother's part wasn't mentioned yet...

-Hughes doesn't brag about his wife and baby ^^; Well, he does in 'one' part thank god... And the there was no part of showing his wife etc.

-The fight between Ed and Mustang was consider to be an side story in the manga.

-The war of Ishvar wasn't much mentioned but was displayed and talked about not heavily though... And Winry's parents death was mentioned but not potrayed as what we saw in the anime.

-Armstrong is as hiliarious as ever! Muscles banzai~!

There's more...

Last edited by Nagare Ryouma; 2004-02-03 at 16:28.
Old 2004-02-03, 17:39   Link #3
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagare Ryouma
-Winry doesn't make an appearence in the manga all the way up to the part where Ed, Al and Armstrong goes back to their hometown for the major repair.
Winry returns in volume 5 for ~3 chapters....

Quote:
-The manga doesn't display much about what happened on the day of the human transmutation that Ed and Al attempted to do to revive their mom. Well at least not some kind of big flashback we get in the anime.
This is volume 6

The manga doesnt really have any spoilers, persay. The anime has been including more things about the manga that havent even been reached in the manga. The watch thing is not supposed to happen until vol 5.

Vol 5
Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-08, 21:05   Link #4
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Are we supposed to just disclose which parts of the correspond to the anime as it goes along?

Or write a short summary of the manga (up to Chp 31) here?
Closed Thread