AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-30, 18:13   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Chuunibyou - Character Discussion - Shinka Nibutani

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Shinka Nibutani related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Chuunibyou fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-11-01, 00:55   Link #2
RJ TAYLER

Kawashima Ami's spiritual successor perhaps. She certainly gives off that vibe in my eyes. Though, in my eyes, she does not quite meet the levels of hate, she is not in the Rosemary Applefield class for starters, that I see the character generating on the fan level as she doesn't seem to have fully embraced the transition that maturity will surely give her.
Old 2012-11-01, 02:27   Link #3
novalysis

For some reason, I am hoping that we'd get to see a Mori Summer vs Dark Flame Master fight.
Old 2012-11-01, 03:01   Link #4
RJ TAYLER

A great idea for an 'extra' episode that one, invert the usual dramatic flow with reality being rent from the get-go. Or a chance look back at the way they were, on the way they are to become.
Old 2012-11-01, 08:32   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wasn't too sure after last week's episode, but ep 5 makes it clear she has a very "bitchy" personality. She even hit Kumin! I mean, Kumin! She's the type of character the usually gets along with everybody.

In any case, she is definitely more entertaining now than she was when she pretended to be the nicest person ever.
Old 2012-11-01, 09:40   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She even hit Kumin! I mean, Kumin! She's the type of character the usually gets along with everybody.
Nobody is above an asswhooping- NOBODY

Chuunibyou's subtitle should be "Cute Girls Getting Hurt"
Old 2012-11-01, 11:17   Link #7
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She even hit Kumin! I mean, Kumin! She's the type of character the usually gets along with everybody.
It's nice then. We got another strong type tsukkomi since i'm not sure that Yuuta can handle everything by himself.
Old 2012-11-01, 11:25   Link #8
ChronoReverse

I like Shinka a lot and even more after her reveal. I no longer want her to go with Yuuta (Rikka has 100% taken over that spot) but I want her to become good friends with the rest of the club and continue to provide her brand of snark.
Old 2012-11-01, 11:41   Link #9
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I love her, so much that I'm going on a quest to find my Mori Summer IRL ^^}

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-01, 14:00   Link #10
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I'm quickly warming up to Shinka. While I do think her hitting Kumin was a bit too much, the latter got back at her not much later. I like how she's even in worse denial than Yuuta is.

But I wonder what her true personality is. First appearance says she's sweet and charming. Showing signs of 8th Grader Syndrome, and thus reminding her of her own past brings out the bitch in her. However, for all her bitching, she does seem to have noticed that the remaining girls seem to be having fun and that Yuuta also barely protests anymore (unless they're getting too extreme). Also, she chooses to remain in the club and show up, even though she claims it's a waste of time.

I wouldn't be surprised if she (just like Yuuta too loosens up and becomes more tolerant towards the chuunis by the time the show is over (if they themselves haven't changed a lot by then).
Old 2012-11-01, 14:13   Link #11
Shadow5YA

It seems pretty obvious to me that the anime Shinka will warm up to Sanae eventually. They constantly make a manzai pair, and there has to be some significance to Sanae being Mori Summer's only fan and loyal follower during her chuu2 days.

What am I more curious about is the novel Shinka's character. Since Sanae and a majority of the content in the TV series are anime original, I imagine her big reveal as the former Mori Summer and her character development in the novels to be completely different.
Old 2012-11-01, 15:52   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sanae is an anime original character? I had no idea about that. She fits in so well with the rest of the cast.
Old 2012-11-01, 16:09   Link #13
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Wait, what!? Sanae is anime original?

Then in the novel it's just Shinka, Rikka, Yuuta and Kumin in the club room?!

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-01, 16:48   Link #14
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Then in the novel it's just Shinka, Rikka, Yuuta and Kumin in the club room?!
IIRC in the novel there is no club, and most of the book is just Yuuta and Rikka alone. Kumin is also anime-original.
There's very little here actually from the original story.
Old 2012-11-02, 01:34   Link #15
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nobody is above an asswhooping- NOBODY

Chuunibyou's subtitle should be "Cute Girls Getting Hurt"
than everyone is gonna start hating yuuta, and he's a cool MC
Old 2012-11-02, 02:34   Link #16
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermegasonic View Post
than everyone is gonna start hating yuuta, and he's a cool MC
Don't worry, as long as they look cute getting hurt, all would be forgiven

Besides it's not just Yuuta, the girls are all doing a magnificent job hurting themselves
Old 2012-11-02, 12:25   Link #17
Ridwan

^I think I should book a ticket to Singapore just to bonk you in person.
Old 2012-11-03, 04:57   Link #18
Mrs Kiryuu

Shinka is a kind of boring and predictable character. I knew from the beginning that she was too perfect to be the second heroine, and her "real personality" wasn't that much of a suprise. I don't like her attitude, and when she hit Kumin ... it was too much. But if she's given further development in the future, I may grow to like her.
Old 2012-11-03, 07:39   Link #19
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
IIRC in the novel there is no club, and most of the book is just Yuuta and Rikka alone. Kumin is also anime-original.
There's very little here actually from the original story.
rofl

Well, I like them a lot, so it's all good.
Old 2012-11-04, 03:35   Link #20
novalysis

I wonder how long it would be before someone corrupts her name in to Nikutani....
Closed Thread

Tags
characters