AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-26, 19:16   Link #701
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Dead Alto would have made everyone happy. Even, no, especially me.
dead Alto would have made me also very happy! I don't like that guy, he was one of the reasons I stopped watching the show after episode 5. I started watching again after I read so much about the shipping wars from when the series was in episode 15. I just couldn't become a shipper for either of the girls because of Alto. You could say I am a shipper for Ranka and Sheryl as characters but not for the the conbination of sherylxAlto or RankaxAlto. I also was shipper for ALTO=DEAD and the shipper goggles for that are powerful. I actually was trolled and believed for a while that he might have been dead until the theories of how he could've survived convinced me he was not dead (cry).
Old 2008-09-26, 19:31   Link #702
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The original had 36, but many of them became afterthoughts and/or fillers due to its popularity.

- Tak
Thnx, btw I completely forgot, where can I watch it? you tube? veoh? What's the full form of SDFM again?
Old 2008-09-26, 19:33   Link #703
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
Thnx, btw I completely forgot, where can I watch it? you tube? veoh? What's the full form of SDFM again?
Super Dimension Fortress Macross. It was licensed but I think you still can see it with youtube.

Old 2008-09-26, 19:36   Link #704
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Super Dimension Fortress Macross. No idea where you can watch it now, I definitely do not recommend you pay HG royalties just to watch it, though.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-26, 19:38   Link #705
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
dead Alto would have made me also very happy! I don't like that guy, he was one of the reasons I stopped watching the show after episode 5. I started watching again after I read so much about the shipping wars from when the series was in episode 15. I just couldn't become a shipper for either of the girls because of Alto. You could say I am a shipper for Ranka and Sheryl as characters but not for the the conbination of sherylxAlto or RankaxAlto. I also was shipper for ALTO=DEAD and the shipper goggles for that are powerful. I actually was trolled and believed for a while that he might have been dead until the theories of how he could've survived convinced me he was not dead (cry).
What theories? He still had his canopy on his damn fighter. There was no way he bailed out before being hit, and yet he obviously did. That's even more of a gratudious survival than Kira Yamato exploding nuclearly, and then shown with finger down on the cut-off switch in a completely ruined Freedom.

I was denied his death, his developement, and everyone else was denied a satisfying conclusion to the shipping of their choice. [sarc][/sarc]But at least everyone were friends in the end, and they beat that evil Grace down hard.
Old 2008-09-26, 19:53   Link #706
aneeshadc

@Natsuki, Tak

Thnx, I'll try you tube then, please let me find it *crosses fingers*

I found it !!!! luv u guys, thank you.

Actually I didnt, it was just some stupid fan dub. Found DYRL though, so I'm goin to have to be content with watching just that.)

Last edited by aneeshadc; 2008-09-26 at 20:17.
Old 2008-09-26, 20:07   Link #707
Joachim
et tu, brute?

@anees:

you can try to look for err.. torrent of DRYL (movie or a fast re-cap of everything in sdf with slight changes) if you want (sorry if DRYL was licensed) try to look for it in TT anyway if you can't find it i will send you a pm of the link

and yeah there is a salute scene in DRYL movie too so..
Old 2008-09-26, 20:07   Link #708
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Did you know that Alto's tummy was glowing near the end?

...What have you been doing with Sheryl, Alto?
Old 2008-09-26, 20:27   Link #709
Seifall

How is it that Alto salutes just Sheryl ?!
What's with that sparkle earring which symbolize Alto's love for Sheryl ?
What is with that " when a woman trust an ornament to a man it's symbolize " wedding in japan.
So all the high school girl who give ornament like watch to their boyfriend instead of chocolate for the valentine day symbolize their engagement to their man... Poor guys
I thought we could all agree that in this episode no one won for the LT but they all won for the fight except Grace and Leon.....
It was unresolved since he choose no one ,...
But if you now you want to see it from the beginning, no need to say who won....
People, really don't want to admit it??!!! Ok let me take take some pictures then ...
Old 2008-09-26, 20:29   Link #710
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
@anees:

you can try to look for err.. torrent of DRYL (movie or a fast re-cap of everything in sdf with slight changes) if you want (sorry if DRYL was licensed) try to look for it in TT anyway if you can't find it i will send you a pm of the link

and yeah there is a salute scene in DRYL movie too so..
Unfortunately torrents dont work on my laptop

I did find DYRL on you tube though, so I'm good. Thank you
Old 2008-09-26, 20:30   Link #711
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
What's with that sparkle earring which symbolize Alto's love for Sheryl ?
What is with that " when a woman trust an ornament to a man it's symbolize " wedding in japan.
So all the high school girl who give ornament like watch to their boyfriend instead of chocolate for the valentine day symbolize their engagement to their man... Poor guys
I thought we could all agree that in this episode no one won for the LT but they all won for the fight except Grace and Leon.....
It was unresolved since he choose no one ,...
But if you now you want to see it from the beginning, no need to say who won....
People, really don't want to admit it??!!! Ok let me take take some pictures then ...
here we go again..
Old 2008-09-26, 20:31   Link #712
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Unfortunately torrents dont work on my laptop

I did find DYRL on you tube though, so I'm good. Thank you
thats too bad, sorry i'm not helping very much
Old 2008-09-26, 20:32   Link #713
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh, yes, that salute is definitely meant for Sheryl. Words couldn't express how precious that scene was, because immediately after I saw the salute, I knew it was the biggest, most direct homage to Hikaru and Misa in Do You Remember Love? they could ever do. It was a touching scene. The salute is as direct as they could get.
Old 2008-09-26, 20:35   Link #714
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Err... I'll just answer these two questions

You should see musouka's post and you will realize that indeed, Alto (or Alto's VF) salutes Sheryl. Ranka was facing the other way besides Alto's VF was facing Sheryl anyway, with the two ships besides each other and the VF should be in the middle. Don't downplay the salute there, since you really can't bend that one out.

Not really... You should check Tak's statement :When a girl gives her possesion (ornaments to be sure), it usually symbolizes engagement, like Tak said. Ask natives, and you should get their answer.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2008-09-26 at 20:40. Reason: Whoops, wrong word :x
Old 2008-09-26, 20:35   Link #715
Seifall

, but you will see, after I have done
@ natsuki I saw it, that's why I'm saying that :
And sorry but Tak is comparing a high shcool girl, Sheryl of 17 years old to women in japan who don't think of wedding at this age
Old 2008-09-26, 20:36   Link #716
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Oh, yes, that salute is definitely meant for Sheryl. Words couldn't express how precious that scene was, because immediately after I saw the salute, I knew it was the biggest, most direct homage to Hikaru and Misa in Do You Remember Love? they could ever do. It was a touching scene. The salute is as direct as they could get.
I bet crisis is still melting in the background.
Old 2008-09-26, 20:40   Link #717
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
I bet crisis is still melting in the background.
Silly Tsu-chan, you should talk to musouka, for she downloaded the hi-res raw just to melt over the salute.
Old 2008-09-26, 20:41   Link #718
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
downloaded the hi-res raw just to melt over the salute.
That is absolutely nothing compared to what I've been doing. All of my Mac F episodes are in HIGH RES!

Yeah, I had to pick up myself in a cup one too many times...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-26, 20:42   Link #719
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Silly Tsu-chan, you should talk to musouka, for she downloaded the hi-res raw just to melt over the salute.
Geh, cheese, anyone who have seen SDFM or DYRL and is a complete fangirl like us would have already melt into a puddle of goo! (Really, I thought I nearly died of blood loss when musouka post the parallel imo! Way to make it more obvious! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall
And sorry but Tak is comparing a high shcool girl, Sheryl of 17 years old to women in japan who don't think of wedding at this age
Well, that's why he said symbolizes. Sheryl doesn't need to think about it when it was the show want to symbolize it.

(But imo Tak, I don't really agree with the symbolization. It seems to be too otsterched for me )

Old 2008-09-26, 20:48   Link #720
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Not really... You should check Tak's statement :When a girl gives her possesion (ornaments to be sure), it usually symbolizes engagement, like Tak said. Ask natives, and you should get their answer.
Family heirloom, sure. But who says she _gave_ the earring to him? She just lent it to him like in episode 6 as a good luck charm like before. He just couldn't be bothered to return them this time (which _might_ say something about Alto but not Sheryl).
Closed Thread