AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 37 Rating
Perfect 10 11 26.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-22, 20:39   Link #21
Vlyse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
good episode, i'm just a little annoyed that they left out a scene i really liked (yes i know, there were more important parts but i can still be mad)

Spoiler for left out scene:
That's not until next episode.
Old 2009-12-22, 23:02   Link #22
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
My favorite part was when Ed started chanting the periodic table.

Am I a nerd or what?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2009-12-22, 23:09   Link #23
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post

Am I a nerd or what?
Nah, I knew what he was talking about. Four semesters of chemistry will do that. lol.
Old 2009-12-22, 23:38   Link #24
Shinigami00

Thumbs up

I loved this episode. It had its characteristic FMA humor, and the way the relationship between Ed and Winry develops is fun to see.

one more thing: I think battle scenes are better in Brotherhood, but the art in the previous FMA was of a higher quality. THat's the only thing I regret.

And by the way, the elements chanting part by Ed made me laugh so much! it was hilarious! HAHAHA!
Old 2009-12-23, 04:29   Link #25
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Nah, I knew what he was talking about. Four semesters of chemistry will do that. lol.
Heh... Four days of chemistry should have told you that. That's like the first thing you learn... ^_^

Regarding Kimblee, I get the impression the Brotherhood staff are big fans of his. I can't help but feel his appearances here are a bit more emphasized than in the manga (or have at least been deemphasized less than others have due to the cuts for time), and that has given him a bit more interesting character. Leaving out the aforementioned lines of his and Ed's conversation only helps.

Spoiler for Kimblee (manga info):
Old 2009-12-23, 08:24   Link #26
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post

Am I a nerd or what?
That is one of my favorite parts too. What Ed doesn't realize is with Winry he can make a whole different type of Chemistry.
Old 2009-12-23, 08:52   Link #27
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
good episode, i'm just a little annoyed that they left out a scene i really liked (yes i know, there were more important parts but i can still be mad)

Spoiler for left out scene:
It wasn't left out

Even manga had it so much later, it still has to come.
Old 2009-12-23, 09:28   Link #28
davie

Dang, I need to catch up on the episodes X_X

offtopic: the 1st season's 37th episode was hilarious IIRC.
Old 2009-12-23, 13:23   Link #29
General_Asakura
Random Lazy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Heh... Four days of chemistry should have told you that. That's like the first thing you learn... ^_^

Regarding Kimblee, I get the impression the Brotherhood staff are big fans of his. I can't help but feel his appearances here are a bit more emphasized than in the manga (or have at least been deemphasized less than others have due to the cuts for time), and that has given him a bit more interesting character. Leaving out the aforementioned lines of his and Ed's conversation only helps.

Spoiler for Kimblee (manga info):
Being an anime-only, I must say that I feel that he's more like the manga counterpart you're talking about. My feeling when kimblee mentioned Winrys parents to her was mainly to gain her trust. Everything about his calm personality is fake and only uses it to his "advantage" so to speak.
Old 2009-12-23, 13:43   Link #30
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Asakura View Post
Being an anime-only, I must say that I feel that he's more like the manga counterpart you're talking about. My feeling when kimblee mentioned Winrys parents to her was mainly to gain her trust. Everything about his calm personality is fake and only uses it to his "advantage" so to speak.
Most definitely. I am surprised that he can act so nice, but he does it well. He'll do whatever it takes to get what he wants, even if it means helping Ed & Al or betraying Bradley.
Old 2009-12-23, 14:30   Link #31
Luxa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Most definitely. I am surprised that he can act so nice, but he does it well. He'll do whatever it takes to get what he wants, even if it means helping Ed & Al or betraying Bradley.
Call me naïve, but both here and the manga I could imagine that he actually did respect the Rockbells a bit. He is in for powers and just for being evil, but that need not to mean he never ever has a decent thought.
But of course he knows that it helps gaining Winry's trust and he talks about her parents because of that.
Old 2009-12-23, 14:36   Link #32
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post

Regarding Kimblee, I get the impression the Brotherhood staff are big fans of his.[/SPOILER]
...Are you serious? I'd say he's their least favorite character. Not only do they keep cutting his lines and scenes but they also can't draw him to save their lives. His nose looks nothing like it's supposed to be, he's actually supposed to be a fairly attractive guy, which makes his insanity all the more creepier, and his hair in the anime makes him look like a bug, instead of just slick like in the manga.

He's right up there with Riza as far as characters that aren't done justice in Brotherhood go, IMO.

Quote:
Call me naïve, but both here and the manga I could imagine that he actually did respect the Rockbells a bit. He is in for powers and just for being evil, but that need not to mean he never ever has a decent thought.
But of course he knows that it helps gaining Winry's trust and he talks about her parents because of that.
Indeed. His policy for respecting and admiring people who stick to their duty till the end is no act.
Old 2009-12-23, 17:27   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Indeed, and it's what i respect the most about Kimblee. Also must add, that his scene with Winry in the car was very nicely handled. Music placement was spot on as well.
Old 2009-12-23, 18:07   Link #34
GaimeGuy

Akira Senju has been seriously lazy with Brotherhood, though. It's not that the tracks he's already made are bad, it's just that it's not enough for a series like FMA.

The only new tracks I can really think of from the last ~20 episodes are:
#1: The theme that plays when Roy kills Lust (also has bene used in a few other places since then)
#2: The theme that plays when Ed remembers Nina as he and Ling are fighting Envy (also plays when Kimblee jumps onto Scar's train).

There's no excuse for this shit. What's there is good, but the impact of several of the tracks is lost because they're used in a dozen different memorable scenes each.

We didn't even get new background music for briggs, or a new track for Pride's reveal. I've never seen a series with so much variety get such little music output.
Old 2009-12-23, 18:13   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Not all the blame should be on Akira Senju. Blame the director who's not asking for more pieces.

But yeah it is a bit of a let down, really. This situation would bring down the level of just about every composer, and it's a shame it's happening to one of my favorites, in such a big title as FMA.
Old 2009-12-23, 18:25   Link #36
GaimeGuy

To befair I just remembered that there was also the track that played when gluttony went berserk, the track that played when envy transformed (also used as episode preview music occasionally), the track that played when Ed woke up inside gluttony and Mustang walked in on the central high command (may actually be part of the same track as the one that plays when envy transforms), and hte track that plays when winry grabs the gun.

BUT.... this is still only six new tracks, I can think of, andthey were all from eps 19-26 (and about 4 of them were introduced within one or two episodes. We've had pretty much a whole season since then :P
Old 2009-12-26, 18:41   Link #37
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode XXXVII: The First Homunculus

I'm liking how Kimblee is portrayed as both major antagonist and fleshed-out individual in the second series.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-26, 23:48   Link #38
GaimeGuy

You are exactly right about Kimblee. As I've mentioned before about him, he loves the battlefield in all shapes and sizes, be it a one-on-one duel, exterminating a village or an entire race of people, or tracking and hunting down scar all across Armestris, he loves to be in the middle of life-and-death situations, free to cause death as he sees fit, while in danger of losing his life from a foe who is able to outwit him.

He views the clash between the Homunculi and the humans similarly, choosing to align himself with the Homunculi because of two reasons:
#1: He believes they are the stronger side, and so he will be able to survive by joining up with them.
#2: He is able to indulge himself with battling and killing as much as he pleases under the Homunculi, who don't place moral restrictions on themselves like the human side does.

Thus, it's both a safer bet and a much more fun experience from Kimblee's perspective to be with the Homunculi. That's really all there is to it.

He also wishes to see what kind of a new world will exist under the homunculi's rule. Kind of a love of the unknown and uncertain for its threatening nature that also allows him to derive pleasure from battling scar, smiling even as he makes a narrow escape from death and has a metallic pole sticking through his left abdomen, drenched in his own blood.
Old 2009-12-27, 02:54   Link #39
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, what an episode. Never would have guessed who Pride was. didn't even know that thing was Pride, I was thinking it was Envy, with all them eyes. and the smiley mouths. As far as music goes, I'm never really paid that much attention to music during a show, unless a particular piece catches my attention, which is rare.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:59   Link #40
klare

i think the music selection is not that bad...

looking forward to the next eps with more actions
Closed Thread