AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 10 17.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 16.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-17, 09:58   Link #61
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Funny, I like the OP visuals better than the song, but I like the ED song better than the visuals...
You're not the only one. OP visual was better but the song for ED is better... 8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilk View Post
Pretty decent episode to start up the arc. The thing that caught my attention most was the OP, especially when Kiyama was... racing like she was in Initial D...
Kiyama in Initial D, now that I wouldn't mind... maybe she's related to the Fujiwara's in some way... (or she could be Takumi's missing mother... LAWL ignore me, we already have the theory of Kiyama being Taiga's mother as is)

My opinions for this episode... well, yeah biased opinion of awesome because Konori is finally getting some background story somewhere even if other people here think it's just a filler episode. That guy with the milk carton... oh lol @ that screencap... I wonder if somehow when Konori saw that in episode 13, it reminded her of her sempai...

Kuroko enjoying being taken by force by her Onee-sama and also assuming that her Onee-sama has taken interest in that guy = lawl.

Whoo, can't wait for episode 16... 8D
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 11:16   Link #62
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
How does Komoe sensei manage to reach the accelerator and brakes?

Pedal extensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime soda View Post
And, I'm not liking Wataru that much. He pops in and takes all the cool scenes. He's also shown throughout as a cool and mysterious guy but it seems off to me. Konori gets serious whenever he's brought up so he's also got some romance angle going for him?
He makes those cool scenes, though. Esper powers are great, but there's still something very satisfying about seeing thugs getting the crap beat out of them with good old fisticuffs.

I like the new OP. Good song, and the visuals trump the first OP no sweat. Lots of action and stuff blowing up.

Return of the stripper lady. \o/ Capacity Down's nature made me wonder if she was involved somehow.

Ominous Yellow Pill. Take one every eight hours for PLOT!

My thoughts exactly. A super advanced esper city having these large trashy areas and gangs with black market weapons attacking its precious espers is kinda "huh?" Academy City security is looking pretty shit right now...

Nice van.
Old 2010-01-17, 12:08   Link #63
karuroso

So...basically all the epis now will be JC Staff original( with help from the original author)? D=
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 12:33   Link #64
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Funny, I like the OP visuals better than the song, but I like the ED song better than the visuals...
I also agree with you on this.
I liked the Index/Touma cameo in the OP.
So, judging by the opening, Harumi Kiyama is going to play a part in the final arc. I wonder if Komoe-sensei will make another appearance, or if she got in the OP for her role in episode 14?

Spoiler for Theorys and To Aru Majutsu No Index:

The episode was pretty good, we will be getting some background information on some underdeveloped characters, and we saw Skill-Out in action.

Spoiler for Episode:

Well my opinion of Kuroko plummeted this episode. You would think after the Level Upper insident, she would be more sensitive to the feeling of the low level espers. Especially since Satan was one of the victims.

9/10
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 14:08   Link #65
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
My thoughts exactly. A super advanced esper city having these large trashy areas and gangs with black market weapons attacking its precious espers is kinda "huh?" Academy City security is looking pretty shit right now...
Yeah. Worthless thugs staying in rundown areas and preying on the poor is one thing. Going out and assaulting the rich? What is the police doing?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 15:07   Link #66
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah. Worthless thugs staying in rundown areas and preying on the poor is one thing. Going out and assaulting the rich? What is the police doing?
How about the blind eye the higher ups seem to turn towards the mass murder of 10,000 clones?

The administration of Academy City isn't exactly moral. I'm not surprised they have run-down areas at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they were performing experiments on little kids. Oh yeah. They are.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 15:13   Link #67
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
How about the blind eye the higher ups seem to turn towards the mass murder of 10,000 clones?
Ten thousand clones with no family to stand up for them, and whose existence is secret to start with.

The administration of Academy City isn't exactly moral.[/quote]
It's not a matter of moral. Or do you think it's somehow more moral to assault the poor than the rich?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 15:37   Link #68
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
haha I don't get why this series loves dark deserted ally ways.
I mean really are people dragged into them or do they go down them for the thrills?!
Maybe they're looking for cash cards being left behind in unfrequented areas.
Old 2010-01-17, 15:49   Link #69
babohtea

Quote:
Ten thousand clones with no family to stand up for them, and whose existence is secret to start with.

The administration of Academy City isn't exactly moral.
No, I was just saying that the police force (antiskill/judgement) don't exactly know the true nature of the higher ups that they're working under.
Old 2010-01-17, 16:39   Link #70
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
WHAT?
CAPACITY DOWN?

What is JC Staff thinking?
The point of Index was supposed to be that there's no ECM-equivalent except for Imagine Breaker.
But it's not, it doesn't cancel anything, it merely makes it harder for the psychic to use their power. If anything, this system is more similar to Index's Spell Intercept that she used in Index 23 to make the golem go funky.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 17:12   Link #71
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
But it's not, it doesn't cancel anything, it merely makes it harder for the psychic to use their power. If anything, this system is more similar to Index's Spell Intercept that she used in Index 23 to make the golem go funky.
Exactly. It's like stripping down naked in the middle of the fight. It's just a distraction, and distractions screw with Espers hard.
Old 2010-01-17, 17:41   Link #72
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Well it's possible for places like that to happen in any city. Hell it would probably be strange if there wasn’t a place for the bad hats to collect together in a city of 2.3 million people.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 18:31   Link #73
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I thought entry to the city is supposed to be pretty tight but then I guess you could say there are gonna be holes somewhere but I still find it hard that all these bums manage to make it in to the city and not organized crime instead.

regarding police and security well so far we've been shown that the police is pretty much nonexistent and Anitskills is not a crack team of enforcers but useless chumps so slow to respond that I can only guess old grannys can overtake em on the inside lane of the highways.
and god what is up with green haired lass with the glasses, I mean really how the hell did she get the job?!

What was it in the 1st ep, "AC takes the best security measures to ensure your child is safe" something along them lines.
I find that to be false advertisement and should be stamped down on!
someone go call the FTC or whatever!

Also something that occurred to me this ep is what exactly do Judgement do?
They seem to do alot of things and yet have a complete lack of training to deal with most of the situations.
They didn't think much about why Kongou a lvl 4 esper couldn't use her ablilites, I would have thought that deserves quite the looking into.
I might just be thinking a little too much about it all since they are just kids but guess I kinda expect a adult to be around to think stuff up.
Old 2010-01-17, 18:39   Link #74
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Rolling around in circles shouting "My vision is impaired. I cannot see." in lightly ring modulated tones while Skillout paint graffiti on their chassis if this episode was anything to go by.

Meanwhile Anti-Skill have been told Judgment District 177 are dealing with it and Hound Dog are recruiting to replace their losses from their defeated infiltration of Tokiwadi's dormitory.

Judgment District 177 have got Mikoto involved. This has tended to result in mass arrests of low level muggers in the past as she regularly litters alleyways with them.

Given Uiharu's apparent ability to pull Who's Who and What's Where in the Academy City Underworld out of her phone, it doesn't seem much like overconfidence to let them deal with it.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 18:43   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I thought entry to the city is supposed to be pretty tight but then I guess you could say there are gonna be holes somewhere but I still find it hard that all these bums manage to make it in to the city and not organized crime instead.
The fast answer first, all those Skill-outs were students... Gone bad.

It can happen anywhere.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 19:03   Link #76
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Simples. They are drop out ex students. Thus there was a reason to inject them with the nanite passport that gets them through the city security perimiter.

Quote:
regarding police and security well so far we've been shown that the police is pretty much nonexistent
ACPD appears to comprises a large number of Dustbin shaped robots. We see them go by in flocks on occasion.

Quote:
Also something that occurred to me this ep is what exactly do Judgement do?
In simple terms. Judgement are School Prefects in the classic Commonweath sense.

It is just Kuroko who keeps making that out to mean Judge Dread rather than member of the absurdly powerful student council.

Quote:
They didn't think much about why Kongou a lvl 4 esper couldn't use her ablilites, I would have thought that deserves quite the looking into.
Kuroko and Mikoto both know Kongo did no better against Jufuku than Saten and is generally more talk than substance [She didn't react well when Mikoto started shooting into the swimming pool and there was her having to eat her words over curry]. From what they know of her despite her combat useful talent Kongo is less useful in a surprise situation than Saten and they know she's not exactly short on overconfidence.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 20:13   Link #77
Ghostfriendly

Wonderful original ED gone, more random attacks by delinquents, bland appearences by all the leads; this has to be the poorest episode so far.

Random attacks without police interference strike me as a very lazy and unoriginal method of generating action; Academy City seems like the gun-rights faction's picture of American cities. At least, as in American society, the violence feeds off social neglect of an angered underclass. And at least a few more attacks came up this episode that weren't prevented by one or other main character, though I do hope that girl was alright.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Anh_Minh

The administration of Academy City isn't exactly moral. I'm not surprised they have run-down areas at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they were performing experiments on little kids. Oh yeah. They are.
Come to think of it, allowing Espers to get attacked on a regular basis would force them to develop their powers faster for self defence...

Not happy that this plotline is continuing, although if the spider chap with the milk gets developed he could be more of a voice for delinquent level zero's than most of the chumps we've seen.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 20:29   Link #78
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
Well my opinion of Kuroko plummeted this episode. You would think after the Level Upper insident, she would be more sensitive to the feeling of the low level espers. Especially since Satan was one of the victims.
Satan is Touma's enemy!!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 22:01   Link #79
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Come to think of it, allowing Espers to get attacked on a regular basis would force them to develop their powers faster for self defence...
...or start carrying earplugs.

Never underestimate The Power of Rock.
Old 2010-01-17, 22:24   Link #80
babohtea

I hate the power of Rock.