AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-16, 19:02   Link #881
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

What I'm wondering is what did you all expect Mikuni to do? If he had not delayed the inevitable, Japan would have been completed wiped out...and that would have been the end of the show. Therefore, he made a decision that he obviously did not like making and is paying a high price for it. I really would like to know Hanabi's role in all this; what is exactly going on with her?

Masakaki is nuts. Made my skin crawl.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 19:07   Link #882
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Japan's long recession is linked to low birth rates (3 babies per week ), so the solution is clear...

MAKE MORE BABIES
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 21:00   Link #883
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekHuntress View Post
I really would like to know Hanabi's role in all this; what is exactly going on with her?
eerr
damsel in distress?

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 01:32   Link #884
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekHuntress View Post
What I'm wondering is what did you all expect Mikuni to do? If he had not delayed the inevitable, Japan would have been completed wiped out...and that would have been the end of the show. Therefore, he made a decision that he obviously did not like making and is paying a high price for it. I really would like to know Hanabi's role in all this; what is exactly going on with her?

Masakaki is nuts. Made my skin crawl.
The C from other country will damage Japan, but won't destroy it completely.
Complete erasure occurs when your own country's Financial District goes bankrupt.
What Mikuni is doing is depleting Japan's own future. The Financial District goes bankrupt when the country's future runs out. Thus, what Mikuni is doing is far worse.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 04:26   Link #885
toxicstar

I finally get it...sorta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The C from other country will damage Japan, but won't destroy it completely.
Complete erasure occurs when your own country's Financial District goes bankrupt.
What Mikuni is doing is depleting Japan's own future. The Financial District goes bankrupt when the country's future runs out. Thus, what Mikuni is doing is far worse.
Okay so at first I thought Mikuni did the right thing, but now that you explain how he is using up Japan's own future rather than just accepting the consequences of C reaction that won't affect Japan's future though it will impact people nonetheless, it all makes sense now.

But I'm still confused about two things:

1) Why does Mikuni want to deplete Japan's future? I get that saving the present is important but without a future what's the point?

2) Just because he's trying to get rid of the Midas realm doesn't he realize that what he's doing will erase Japan from the face of Earth and essentially erase him which means he'll be long gone before he can help destroy the other financial districts in the Midas world?

I mean can anyone clear up his actions for me? I'm really confused about what's going on, what is Mikuni doing and what does Yoga think he'll accomplish by reversing the rotary system?
toxicstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 04:51   Link #886
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

That is the very problem of Mikuni's psychology: "I only care about present, who gives a damn about the future?" is internally flawed. He fails to understand that the future will eventually become present.

And it is pretty clear in this episode that he has lost his mind over that psychology
Spoiler:

Yoga is trying to reverse the rotary, and hopefully that can return the Midas Money back to people's future. Though, using Darkness cost you 20 years of your own, I wonder does that applies even you are just asking for refunds.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 07:23   Link #887
DarkLordOfkichiku

So, once again, it's Kimimaro's caring of his future that makes him win the day.

Wonder WHY he suddenly got a black card though. What's Mikuni's (or his superiors) scheme here...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Japan's long recession is linked to low birth rates (3 babies per week ), so the solution is clear...

MAKE MORE BABIES
People need to be ENCOURAGED to make'em though. Simply put, if you can't afford to have a baby, then you'll be much less inclined to have one <_<.

Quote:
That is the very problem of Mikuni's psychology: "I only care about present, who gives a damn about the future?" is internally flawed. He fails to understand that the future will eventually become present.
My thought exactly.

Quote:
And it is pretty clear in this episode that he has lost his mind over that psychology
Spoiler:
Mikuni has, ironically, become exactly like the father he hated. Rather than preserving that which is/ should be important to him, he is now only concerned about preserving his "company" - in his case Japan...

Quote:
Yoga is trying to reverse the rotary, and hopefully that can return the Midas Money back to people's future. Though, using Darkness cost you 20 years of your own, I wonder does that applies even you are just asking for refunds.
I guess that we'll see. That said, only 20 years may not be too bad, as such. It may rather be when you use it as much as Mikuni that it becomes a really bad thing.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 07:57   Link #888
PzIVf3

Everyone here and /a/ looks panicking. Im still waiting patiently for gg sub to comeout.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 08:28   Link #889
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

what's SHAFT doing here?

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 08:38   Link #890
Sumeragi
Banned

I find it interesting how they showed some sort of various Atlantises vanishing from the face of the earth before the OP.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 09:47   Link #891
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 10:
Old 2011-06-17, 09:59   Link #892
Peanutbutter

Ah, yes, the best part of this series, the fights, finally they're back and what a difference it make.

All the talking and shipping slows the episodes down, but the action is what makes this interesting to watch so far.

Now, let's guess the attack names in the final episode perhaps? How about "The Great Depression"?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 09:59   Link #893
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Heh, looks like this anime is going all-out with the economic/commercial/financial references now

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 10:01   Link #894
shibakun

"Jennifer's death was predictable"

In that sense, did she truly die? I thought they only go bankrupt but are still alive in the real world? So Kimimaro can actually still see Jennifer in the real world?
shibakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 10:08   Link #895
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Now, let's guess the attack names in the final episode perhaps? How about "The Great Depression"?
If we try to keep it within economic context, how about:

Micro Mezzo Macro-Flation Long Futures

And if Kimimaro was risk adverse, he might want to consider trading call/put options as well
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 11:20   Link #896
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 10:
Spoiler for Ep10:
Old 2011-06-17, 11:22   Link #897
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

C - Episode 10

Hmm, this was a thoroughly entertaining episode. Rather than distract from the dialogue, the reintroduction of the action was a logical and exciting follow-up to the build-up from previous episodes.

However, I think I've found a glaring plot hole. Kimimaro wants to reverse the rotary press, which would supposedly undo all the major changes Mikuni has been making up to now. This would logically return Japan to the state which it would have been in if Mikuni didn't use the rotary press to stop 「C]. But would this mean that Japan would vanish? I thought Mikuni's actions since episode 9 were a necessary evil to protect Japan even if it meant sacrificing its future. Hopefully, I was wrong and Japan can still be saved from 「C] by other means. I know nothing about economics, but this plot detail keeps bugging me.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 11:31   Link #898
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The tarot symbols are once again at full force this episode. There's also a Hindu god, benzene, and the Ouroboros, alongside all the action. This episode was great.

For more about the symbolism, check it out here.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 11:39   Link #899
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibakun View Post
"Jennifer's death was predictable"

In that sense, did she truly die? I thought they only go bankrupt but are still alive in the real world? So Kimimaro can actually still see Jennifer in the real world?
It seems like she truly died. Both Kimimaro's father and the teacher survived because that had something to lose: their children/wife/basically anybody close to them. However, Jennifer appeared to be all alone. My guess is that there was nothing the financial district could take away from her at the moment, other than her own life; that's why she died after going bankrupt.

Or maybe it was simply because she got injured too badly. Entres lose money when they get injured, so what happens if someone attacks them after they went bankrupt? Maybe Q kept eating her even after she went bankrupt... a disturbing thought.

Oh, forgot to mention I enjoyed hearing green Masakaki speaking in english
Old 2011-06-17, 12:11   Link #900
ipodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Hmm, this was a thoroughly entertaining episode. Rather than distract from the dialogue, the reintroduction of the action was a logical and exciting follow-up to the build-up from previous episodes.

However, I think I've found a glaring plot hole. Kimimaro wants to reverse the rotary press, which would supposedly undo all the major changes Mikuni has been making up to now. This would logically return Japan to the state which it would have been in if Mikuni didn't use the rotary press to stop 「C]. But would this mean that Japan would vanish? I thought Mikuni's actions since episode 9 were a necessary evil to protect Japan even if it meant sacrificing its future. Hopefully, I was wrong and Japan can still be saved from 「C] by other means. I know nothing about economics, but this plot detail keeps bugging me.
It's best to leave economics out of this since this series follows no logical thoughts when it comes to economic matters. For some reason, "C" can be reversed if Yen becomes worthless. Why? Who knows? But it provides an alternative so that Kimmiro's fight has a purpose (otherwise fighting Mikuni would be silly). Whatever. I have stopped trying to make sense of this series long ago.

BTW, why are all the players start dying now when they lose the "open deal?" Are we at a point where creator just start making things up as the series comes to a conclusion?

Last edited by ipodi; 2011-06-17 at 12:30.
ipodi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, finance, noitamina