AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-31, 01:07   Link #2621
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbb210 View Post
in the original, the ginn was floating away, i'll post a gif soon
Thanx, man. I'll look forward for it.
Old 2011-12-31, 01:22   Link #2622
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Also, I'm still pissed that the image is cropped. If they still do this with the BD version, I'm gonna keep my DVD, thank you.
My understanding of this remaster is that the BD is *mostly cropped* with touch ups (slightly altered scenes) which posters have been supplying screenies with.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 01:51   Link #2623
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
My understanding of this remaster is that the BD is *mostly cropped* with touch ups (slightly altered scenes) which posters have been supplying screenies with.
It's too bad then. DBZ Kai did the same by cropping its broadcasted version, but they preserve the original 1.33:1 aspect ratio for the BD. I guess I'm asking too much from this SEED remaster.
Old 2011-12-31, 01:54   Link #2624
ssbb210

the newtype flash is also in the SE, they should have add the first 2 min from SE for the episode 1

Last edited by ssbb210; 2011-12-31 at 02:06.
ssbb210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 03:03   Link #2625
monster

Quote:
the newtype flash is also in the SE, they should have add the first 2 min from SE for the episode 1
I think they planned on ending the first episode with the rising of the Strike. So if they added any extra scene from the SE, they would have had to cut somewhere else. And I don't think they planned on cutting too many parts for this remaster than what is needed.

It's one thing to use an SE version of a scene, it's another to add extra scenes from the SE. (So, along that line, I don't think we're going to see an actual sex scene either later in the series. And for many people, that's probably a good thing since it didn't really add anything we didn't already know from the series.)
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 18:28   Link #2626
DangerMouse

Quote:
Thanx, man. I'll look forward for it.
Quote:
in the original, the ginn was floating away.
Wow... that's quite amusing.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 23:50   Link #2627
PzIVf3

Quote:
Umm...what's with the purple background? Does it appear during the entire scene of Strike punching the Ginn? If it's so, I don't like it. Looks like a scene from a video clip . The original scene looks more dramatic.

Also, I'm still pissed that the image is cropped. If they still do this with the BD version, I'm gonna keep my DVD, thank you.
Its bugs me. I know mechanical hands is capable to grasp the objects. But punching the thick armour at full force will result all the small joints and gears of hands, fingers, limb will break apart.

Its possible in reality?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 23:54   Link #2628
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Unlike the GINN, though, the Strike still has its Phase Shift Armor activated there, which encompasses the entire machine, so it would protect the hand and arm from taking damage (yes, I know this completely ignores physics but we didn't watch SEED for realism, did we?)
Old 2012-01-01, 02:03   Link #2629
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Unlike the GINN, though, the Strike still has its Phase Shift Armor activated there, which encompasses the entire machine, so it would protect the hand and arm from taking damage (yes, I know this completely ignores physics but we didn't watch SEED for realism, did we?)
No sir, I did not.
Old 2012-01-01, 07:35   Link #2630
n0m@n
C-Z

Wow this SEED is better than AGE. I hope they fix the part where they reuse the scenes.

Last edited by n0m@n; 2012-01-01 at 07:46.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 19:28   Link #2631
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Wow this SEED is better than AGE. I hope they fix the part where they reuse the scenes.
Yeah, that's what I'm really hoping for. Be nice to see some creativity instead of "insert stock movement #....". I wonder if this was planned to tide people over while Age brings in a new crowd?
Old 2012-01-01, 21:33   Link #2632
winter45

@n0m@n and FlareKnight

I doubt very much AGE was planned to tide people over. Unicorn is already doing a good job gaining new fans for gundam or introducing current Gundam fans to UC material. With this new budget, i will be very surprised if we do see stock footage's used repeatedly throughout seed, if they do keep re-used stock footages this could be a deal breaker to many from purchasing the BD which is what sunrise will try to avoid as much as possible. Its bad enough already amongst fans that the BD is cropped for the most part which to them doesn't justify replacing their dvd collection.

Last edited by winter45; 2012-01-03 at 20:25. Reason: Avoid confusion and correcting grammar
Old 2012-01-02, 03:45   Link #2633
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
@n0m@n and FlareKnight

While im in the *SEED is not as good as AGE* crowed, i doubt very much it was planned to tide people over. Unicorn is already doing a good job gaining new fans for gundam or introducing current Gundam fans to UC material. With this new budget, i will be very surprised if we do see stock footage's used repeatedly throughout seed, if they do keep stock footages this could be a deal breaker to many from purchasing the BD which is what sunrise will try to avoid as much as possible. Its bad enough already amongst fans that the BD is cropped for the most part which to them doesn't justify replacing their dvd collection.
Can you explain how AGE is a better show than SEED when it has only just aired its 12th episode?
Old 2012-01-02, 04:01   Link #2634
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Can you explain how AGE is a better show than SEED when it has only just aired its 12th episode?

ohmygolly! Age is better than SEED?! since when??????
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 05:28   Link #2635
winter45

@Revolutionist

My opening of my last post is on a personal opinion, which i thought was quite clear from the get go, but evidently not. To Reduce further confusion ill just edit and remove it.

For the rest im going off topic here:

Flip side of the coin (Not directed at you Revolutionist)

(Rhetorical question) Can you explain how SEED is a better show than AGE when it has only just aired its 12th episode?

Which is a shame but some posters here are already comparing shows which personally isnt relevant here, and to be honest is uncalled for. This is *seed general discussion thread* not *Seed is better than X thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
ohmygolly! Age is better than SEED?! since when??????
Considering AGE hasn't finished airing, no one can really say.

Last edited by winter45; 2012-01-02 at 05:49.
Old 2012-01-02, 10:35   Link #2636
justavisitor

@winter45
very true, Age stills has 30+ more episodes (I hope...we don't get the viewership rating from Age recently XD) to go...perhaps it will become one of the legendary shows (in a good way), who knows

but I have dropped Age already and decided to watch seed instead...to me, the first two episodes of seed are way more action packed and serious than Age..but that's just me...I am probably a old man living in the past already
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 19:15   Link #2637
tetsuo69

i drop age since ep 5-6 and that just goes to show how bad it was cause i dislike 00 but i still went and watch all 50 ep.
Old 2012-01-02, 19:54   Link #2638
BlackDove
Unheard

Great job on castrating the best part of the first episode, which is the SeeSaw ending theme hitting full stride as Athrun and Kira recognize eachother, and Strike boots up.

Now it's just a pacified undercurrent of a remixed song.

Not that the remix is bad, but the scene lost much of the effect it had in the old version.
BlackDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 10:51   Link #2639
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDove View Post
Great job on castrating the best part of the first episode, which is the SeeSaw ending theme hitting full stride as Athrun and Kira recognize eachother, and Strike boots up.

Now it's just a pacified undercurrent of a remixed song.

Not that the remix is bad, but the scene lost much of the effect it had in the old version.
Yeah. They took a perfect moment and ruined it, which is sad, but atleast there is the non-remaster versions to rewatch.

Overall this remaster thing is doing well imo, adding a few new scenes here and there, but the biggest thing for me is to see if they got rid of all the stock footage. can't wait to see if they decide to do that.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 11:00   Link #2640
Arya

Don't find the seed trilogy 3D so I'll post my stupid question here.
Looking at sales, Seed, and even Seed Destiny have no equals, am I wrong? So, I obviously understand the need to go ahead with 00, then AGE. But having such a cash cow like the SEED cast, what stop you from doing something more than a remastered version of SEED, is it all about the writer illness?
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep