AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-07, 15:48   Link #841
magnuskn

Yes.

And yes.
Old 2012-08-08, 06:30   Link #842
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Supposedly.
There is no solid proof in the anime. Though it is implied.
I think it depends on the viewer in the anime.

magnuskn, there is no actual proof in the anime; which is what he refers to. They merely implied it.
Old 2012-08-08, 07:49   Link #843
magnuskn

Suit yourself.
Old 2012-08-09, 11:27   Link #844
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Lol, 2008 deja vu.
Old 2012-08-09, 11:41   Link #845
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Lol, 2008 deja vu.
A long time ago, in an IRC channel not too far away...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-08-09, 11:50   Link #846
angel8

Because on youtube I read this post at the scene of the episode 22 :
1. Camera panning upwards to the moon, with Sheryl sounding sleepy, as if they were making out
2. The song playing that time was 'Aimo', on Brera's harmonica, which is a 'love song' or 'mating song' lol
3. Alto was later shown outside the room with his jacket draped over him
4. Interview with the screenwriter says that there's a indecent recording version of this scene pre-production.
5. Official Macross magazine had an artwork of them sleeping together during this scene.
Ultimately confirmed by the light novels. XD
Old 2012-08-09, 11:56   Link #847
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel8 View Post
1. Camera panning upwards to the moon, with Sheryl sounding sleepy, as if they were making out
2. The song playing that time was 'Aimo', on Brera's harmonica, which is a 'love song' or 'mating song' lol
4. Interview with the screenwriter says that there's a indecent recording version of this scene pre-production.
5. Official Macross magazine had an artwork of them sleeping together during this scene.
yes yes... they did it. 4 years ago, I was jumping up and down in absolute glee after watching episode 22. I did that again after I finish reading the novels.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-08-10, 01:40   Link #848
Whitesparkles

felt like posting this ^o^
Old 2012-08-10, 04:52   Link #849
Thess

Does anyone have that book scanned? I'm interested in all the episode art.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-08-10, 05:50   Link #850
magnuskn

One of the very best Macross pictures.
Old 2012-08-20, 01:39   Link #851
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel8 View Post
I wonder what thay mean by "indecent recording version".

Man! I asked myself that same question 4 years ago. I think they did it as well.

I wanna have that book scanned and PM'ed too.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2012-08-20 at 11:35.
Old 2012-08-20, 03:59   Link #852
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^
That was a slight mistranslation. There doesn't seem to be an "indecent recording", just a rather 'sensational cut' of the scene. The relevant part of that interview is outlined in purple below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post

--But even if you put it that way, whilst "Alto-kun who loves the sky" is certainly appropriate up to a point, from around episode 22, it seemed like [his relationships with each] were the focus of his thoughts and actions, right? In episode 22, he even spent the night with Sheryl...when I spoke to the voice actors [for this book], that episode came up. The clamour it caused is quite interesting.
Yoshino: (laughs). Well, that scene certainly developed in a way that made everyone very concerned about what happened next. For my part, I don't want to talk about it, so I'll leave it to [your/everyone's] imagination.
 When we recorded the dialogue, the key animation and storyboarding had already been done (NB: the animation was still incomplete), and a somewhat sensational rough cut had been selected for the recording. And the reactions from the voice actors, and from the staff on this side of the booth, included quite a few "Oooh...!"s.
 But no, I do wonder what actually happened that night (laughs). Only Alto and Sheryl know the truth.

Spoiler for Original Japanese text:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2012-08-21, 14:21   Link #853
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

^
And they basically say what I've been saying: it's up to the viewer's imagination to whether or not it happened in the anime.

Novel be damned, when we talk about one universe, why do people always have to be irritating and talk about another when that isn't the subject discussed?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-08-21 at 15:05. Reason: Let's not point fingers lest you get some pointed in your direction...
Old 2012-08-21, 16:42   Link #854
magnuskn

It's about 99% likely that the two of them made love that night in the TV series.
Old 2012-08-21, 17:15   Link #855
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

You miss the point all the time. -rolls eyes-
Old 2012-08-21, 22:12   Link #856
Thess

Whether they had sex or went only third base (by noticing how undone is Sheryl's clothes in the picture) and cuddled together after kissing doesn't matter. It's the most intimate thing Alto 'IDOL SINGERS? THE SKY IS MY WAIFU' Saotome ever initiated in the TV series.

He was the passive receiver of the girls' actions except in that situation, where he was proactive.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-08-22, 01:05   Link #857
magnuskn

Well, I think it matters. But you are otherwise completely right in your analysis, Thess.
Old 2012-08-22, 04:59   Link #858
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

@angel8 and any other lurkers who might not want to post...

Personally, I don't think that particular yes/no question is particularly important. What's important is the effect the situation (whichever way you think it went) had on the two of them.

The last discussion we had about that on AS is here. If you want to look at it seriously, anyways.

But if you just want to watch Frontier for fun, just go with whatever works for you and don't worry about it.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2012-08-22, 05:14   Link #859
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

karice, your post reminds me how naive people are of the nature of sex, as it is just a bodily function that is sometimes driven by love; but lust is the key factor in any case. The argument of whether it was out of love remains in question since there is no love confession in the series. So the whole post of everyone arguing "it was out of love" is really redundant considering he could have sex with her just to cheer her up but not actually love her, because she was hot, and he wanted a bit of action. I say think like a man in that case but no one would care to hear that...
Old 2012-08-23, 20:36   Link #860
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Just for the record, whilst I don't agree with the dominant interpretation around here (i.e. assuming that they did, in fact, make love that night, that it was a huge positive for their relationship), I don't agree with your interpretation either, Kags.

- Patrick Stokes

Closed Thread