Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-03, 23:01   Link #3021
Captain Zechs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lialiakicks View Post
But with certain spectulations floating around, I kind of don't want Rolo to do anything. Rolo seems like the next character to be screwed by Sunrise.
Rolo is going to be screwed no matter what, he is unfortunately just that type of character. He isn't exactly, stable, and he has a Geass, I just don't see it working for him.
Old 2008-07-03, 23:04   Link #3022
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
I don't think you remember the dude whose blog was stampeded by the CG staff after those "speculations"...and one of them had something to do (if I remembered right) with the Black Knights somehow betraying Lelouch. That would certainly be a worst case scenario.
I have a theory/speculation on how this could happen. Now, most would argue that the OotBK are too loyal to betray him, but there is one situation where they just might: episode 15 is named "World of C". What if Lelouch during turn 14/15 (perhaps along with C.C.) disappear in a flash of light into the World of C, leaving the OotBK leaderless? If so, I CAN see them either announcing him dead and declare that they'll carry on in his stead or choose one among them to take over Zero's mask and act as him (it's the typical Golden Calf situation if you ask me ) - joining the UN in an alliance and perhaps even later declare that they'll attack and take back Japan. And then Lelouch comes back from the world of C and attempts to stop them, but at that point they might've grown bold enough to declare that they don't need him or something and carry on - either way, it might be too late for him to do something, so that'd leave him with a very difficult choice as for what to do - I could see him try to stop his own order by using his geass, or at worst, he might find himself forced to help the Britannian cause...
Old 2008-07-03, 23:12   Link #3023
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
I have a theory/speculation on how this could happen. Now, most would argue that the OotBK are too loyal to betray him, but there is one situation where they just might: episode 15 is named "World of C". What if Lelouch during turn 14/15 (perhaps along with C.C.) disappear in a flash of light into the World of C, leaving the OotBK leaderless? If so, I CAN see them either announcing him dead and declare that they'll carry on in his stead or choose one among them to take over Zero's mask and act as him (it's the typical Golden Calf situation if you ask me ) - joining the UN in an alliance and perhaps even later declare that they'll attack and take back Japan. And then Lelouch comes back from the world of C and attempts to stop them, but at that point they might've grown bold enough to declare that they don't need him or something and carry on - either way, it might be too late for him to do something, so that'd leave him with a very difficult choice as for what to do - I could see him try to stop his own order by using his geass, or at worst, he might find himself forced to help the Britannian cause...
Lelouch leaving the show for the last bits of the Season? Blasphemous I say!!
Old 2008-07-03, 23:14   Link #3024
lialiakicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zechs View Post
Rolo is going to be screwed no matter what, he is unfortunately just that type of character. He isn't exactly, stable, and he has a Geass, I just don't see it working for him.
Heh, I suppose Rolo really will
Spoiler for Rolo spoiler...?:
I can't remember who exactly posted that speculation, but it seems like the most plausible situation. Damn...
Old 2008-07-03, 23:17   Link #3025
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Lelouch leaving the show for the last bits of the Season? Blasphemous I say!!
Not for the last few bits, but for a couple of episodes at least . Wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened anyway
Old 2008-07-03, 23:18   Link #3026
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lialiakicks View Post
Heh, I suppose Rolo really will
Spoiler for Rolo spoiler...?:
I can't remember who exactly posted that speculation, but it seems like the most plausible situation. Damn...
That came from Kangs previous post. I just hope rolo will not die saving lelouche.
Old 2008-07-03, 23:24   Link #3027
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Not for the last few bits, but for a couple of episodes at least . Wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened anyway
... Blasphemy I say!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
That came from Kangs previous post. I just hope rolo will not die saving lelouche.
Why not? I think he's a guy worth dying for myself
Old 2008-07-03, 23:38   Link #3028
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Why not? I think he's a guy worth dying for myself
Because i would love to see the three of them as a family (lelouch, nunally and rolo).
Old 2008-07-03, 23:41   Link #3029
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Because i would love to see the three of them as a family (lelouch, nunally and rolo).
Ohhhh, okay, well, I would too, but if you have to go this wouldn't be a bad way of doing it... other then getting sent off into heaven by C.C which I insisted back in the Romance thread on how Mao was actually a lucky son of a gun in reality
Old 2008-07-03, 23:44   Link #3030
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
... Blasphemy I say!!!
Oh, come on! It'd really throw a wrench or two in the wheel! . And it's not like he would be dead or anything. Just.. Temporarily gone, such as thigns would be
Old 2008-07-04, 04:05   Link #3031
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Man, stupid school computers. Because of their random ancient crappy tech, I had to have my first post fail because quick reply doesn't work, write it a second time, email it to myself, discover that I could actually post it by using the 'reply' button, discover that the computers are so crappy they can't even display email properly (meaning I couldn't get at what I'd emailed to myself), and thus wait three hours to get back to my laptop at home. Ridiculous. Well whatever, here's something about what you guys were discussing a while back.

Keep in mind that I'm only saying this because I know that it can't even possibly happen, but if Shirley's final words to Lelouch were truly "I...hate...you," then yes, I would find it hilarious and exhilirating. Here's the reason why: it would be like Shirley--finally freed by her death from all the malice, humiliation, and suffering she was made to carry as a 'minor character' in this show--finally decided to turn against everything Code Geass stands for, cursing Lulu/Zero/Lelouch with all her being as she fades from existance. It would be a true denial of the fate which has chained her from her very birth as a character in this story--it would be empowering.

I almost wish it would actually happen. Because, deep in my heart, I can feel it: at this rate, Shirley will not amount to anything. Once we reach the end of her arc, she will be forgotten. By the fans, and more unforgivably, by Lelouch. They will move on, not looking back, leaving Shirley with nothing but some token 5 second flashback at the end of the series. Despicably, she will have failed--in making Lelouch love her; in righting him from the path his feet fell upon; in seeing him at his true potential. All her life's struggles and dreams will be rendered meaningless, lost in the stream of a story. A story of what?

It's just a feeling, of course. A feeling that no one will remember what Shirley stands for. But it's a feeling that, were it to find a basis in reality, would cripple so much of my respect for this show. So with this feeling almost settled within me, it's true: I would laugh and love to see Shirley curse everything along with me.
I think the Shirley character has been taken about as far as she can go and had as much of an affect on Lelouch as she's going to have. I have no real problems with whatever sad fate might await her, nor do I understand how it would expressly hurt the show. Then again since everything that happens in the show is pretty much booed as horrible writing lately I can't say I'm surprised that people are for some reason upset. The writing staff really can't win no matter what they do so they might as well just do whatever and make things interesting. This development should be the ticket I think.
Old 2008-07-04, 04:24   Link #3032
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
I wonder if VV's gonna laugh demonically (like his bro) once he learns of Shirley's death? Tha'd be the kicker!
V.V won't care. He's bored. And besides no matter how you spin it, it's Lelouch's fault that all this crap happened to Shirley.
Old 2008-07-04, 04:33   Link #3033
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
V.V won't care. He's bored. And besides no matter how you spin it, it's Lelouch's fault that all this crap happened to Shirley.
She derseves death as much as everyone else for her attempted murder of Villeta. It's just taken a little time for her punishment to come.

Also its not just Lulu fault. C.C. was at fault for giving him the geass, Villetta used her as a pawn, Mao was at fault for mindraping her, Suzaku was at fault for being complicit to the SC's mindwiping, V.V. was at fault for giving charlie boy the geass and siking orange on her, Emp was responsible for the mindwipe.

At least Lulu's actions weren't evil in motive. He wanted her to forget all the crap that had happened because of him and for her to find peace(he's still as guilty as everyone else though). Plus her dad was a legitimate target.

Everyone has had a part to play in this tragedy. It's impossible to pin the blame on just 1 person.
Old 2008-07-04, 05:15   Link #3034
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
To be honest in the beggining i thought Rolo was kinda an ass, so i didn't really mind about him. But he really seems to care A LOT {in terms of have a thing} about Lulu and it would suck if died for him because it's kinda clear that Lulu doesn't feel the same way at all.
Old 2008-07-04, 05:20   Link #3035
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
To be honest in the beggining i thought Rolo was kinda an ass, so i didn't really mind about him. But he really seems to care A LOT {in terms of have a thing} about Lulu and it would suck if died for him because it's kinda clear that Lulu doesn't feel the same way at all.
He doesn't care for him as much as Rolo does, but he's no longer rag boy so Rolo should be grateful for that at least.
Old 2008-07-04, 05:51   Link #3036
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
Lelouch doesn't give a crap about most of the people who like him and follow him.
Old 2008-07-04, 07:32   Link #3037
Bozmo

What's so special about Lelouch to C.C?

In R1 EP01, C.C said something like "I've found you" to Lelouch and Lelouch could threaten C.C by pointing a gun to his own head. C.C always tells Lelouch he cannot die. As far as contract goes, she could always find another person like she did after Mao.
Old 2008-07-04, 07:47   Link #3038
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozmo View Post
What's so special about Lelouch to C.C?

In R1 EP01, C.C said something like "I've found you" to Lelouch and Lelouch could threaten C.C by pointing a gun to his own head. C.C always tells Lelouch he cannot die. As far as contract goes, she could always find another person like she did after Mao.
She dumped Mao though because he couldn't fulfill the contract though. Lulu has the ability, determination and reason to actually do something unlike Mao who was quite happy just to cling unto C.C. skirt-tails. C.C. at the very least believes Lulu has the potential to fulfill their contract whatever that maybe.

Plus i'm pretty sure people who can use the geass are quite rare.
Old 2008-07-04, 07:55   Link #3039
Bozmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Plus i'm pretty sure people who can use the geass are quite rare.
Does that mean people who have Geass were born with Geass but unlocked by people like C.C and V.V?
Old 2008-07-04, 08:03   Link #3040
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozmo View Post
Does that mean people who have Geass were born with Geass but unlocked by people like C.C and V.V?
Some people have the potential to accquire a geass when they are born. C.C. uses her weird hologram thing to distinguish those that are from those that aren't. Plus remember C.C. said in Ep 4 of season 1 "how do you like that power i gave you?". Its pretty much a statement of fact that the actual power came from her.

Although she could just be lying/manipulating the facts. We'll probably know soon enough at the end of the geass arc.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories