AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-06, 15:28   Link #281
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post
Which would also explain why the Rose suddenly disappears every time O_O

IT ALL MAKES SENSE
And the fact that the rose was withering could be because of the fact that a corpse was buried below it...

It does make sense, in a way. The point is, if someone dug out the corpse then why would only the "sick" rose disappear...
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 15:31   Link #282
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Well about sick roses.

Normally you cut a rose as soon as it begins to welk, because they will grow again faster. And like it was stated by Kanon's thought the servants prepared the garden the day before carefully. means they should have cut all of thos sick roses. Why didn't they cut this one?

Old 2009-07-06, 15:35   Link #283
Saerianne
*cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Well about sick roses.

Normally you cut a rose as soon as it begins to welk, because they will grow again faster. And like it was stated by Kanon's thought the servants prepared the garden the day before carefully. means they should have cut all of thos sick roses. Why didn't they cut this one?

They could have missed it and come back to cut it later?
I don't know.
I actually like this rose idea. It's got evidence and it's cute too.
BTW, she claimed to have come from a shipwreck. Doesn't mean she did. Could have jumped from the rose garden for all we know.
Saerianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 15:38   Link #284
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I know that this theory is more likely (because I don't think Ryukishi thought about how you treat roses in real life xD)

Btw the Bara-chan didn't claimed to have come from a shipwreck! Only Genji said that they found someone from a shipwreck or so. there is still no connection to the new girl or our time (1986)
Old 2009-07-06, 15:41   Link #285
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

And then again, they don't say they have actually seen this person coming from the sea. They just say this person claims to have come from a shipwreck.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 15:49   Link #286
maximilianjenus
[E]

does that happen phonetically as well?

still it was just a wild guess, I meant it should have gotten fixed by now if that was the case.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 15:55   Link #287
Rias

Shouldn't a corpse actually makes flowers bloom better? with all the decomposing nutrients and what nots (not sure about this one )

As for the sick flower not being taken care of...speaking of which, isn't Kanon responsible for the garden?
Old 2009-07-06, 16:00   Link #288
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I'm not sure that the is responsible for it, the only hint we get for this is that he is a little angered that the storm destroys the garden, that he cared the fertilizer around. Many fans make him the person responislbe for the garden, but I don't think he alon can take care of such a big garden

oh and while we talk about garden...

The garden's layout and shape was cahnged since Battler last cam to family conference...i think that was two years ago or so. The same time the epitaph was made
Old 2009-07-06, 16:05   Link #289
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
And the fact that the rose was withering could be because of the fact that a corpse was buried below it...

It does make sense, in a way. The point is, if someone dug out the corpse then why would only the "sick" rose disappear...
It would actually make the rose healthier if there was a decaying corpse beneath it..
Bern-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 16:20   Link #290
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
And then again, they don't say they have actually seen this person coming from the sea. They just say this person claims to have come from a shipwreck.
Which I find hard to believe. A single person (such a small girl) reaching this island alone during a storm?
No way. It sounds like a bad story made up to cover an other truth. But again, if we talk about this then we're assuming that the girl isn't a meta-character but a real, existing, human being. And if that's the case then I really can't picture this girl reaching such a distant island on her own. She might have been already on the island before the storm kicked in.
Old 2009-07-06, 16:24   Link #291
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

well don't forget that we don't know if the girl in the portrait is the same person who claimed to have come from a shipwreck....

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 16:38   Link #292
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
well don't forget that we don't know if the girl in the portrait is the same person who claimed to have come from a shipwreck....
Yes, of course. It's just a speculation, much like the others. This is the only thing we can do while we wait for the game to be released.

But then again, if the girl and the person who drifted aren't the same then it means we have even one more character on the game board.

And, if there's no other character then I can't explain why would they make up such a lie in first place.
Old 2009-07-06, 16:52   Link #293
Cola91

That scene is from the past.
Battler was the victim of the shipwreck and developed a phobia of vehicles.
Battler was later taken in by the Ushiromiya family as Rudolf's son.

Just kidding but the thing about Battler's fear always bugged me
Cola91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 16:53   Link #294
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

The other interesting thing is, that "Rikatrice" is going to have to solve the epitaph, even though she possibly just arrived a short while ago (probably as a shipwrecked someone). Otherwise her face wouldn't be on the painting.

As far as I know there was no new painting in episode4 (I mean no painting about one individual, only the Alliance one), but Eva-Beatrice appeared on a "leaked" painting in a similar fashion to the one we have now. And we all know that the reason Eva-B appeared on the painting is supposedly because she (more accurately the Evas in plural) solved the epitaph.
That's clearly odd to be honest, because Blueyed Rika must be a genius or something. It's a bit hard to imagine that someone could decipher the solution so quickly, despite only being there for a short term. It kinda suggests that her objective to go there might be to solve the epitaph.
Oh well, I could be wrong though.
Old 2009-07-06, 16:54   Link #295
Kitsu
The unlucky one

And being so young. Rikatrice must be younger then Maria since she is a complete flatchest or about the same age
Old 2009-07-06, 16:56   Link #296
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

you can be flatchested and being the same age as Maria.. development isn't the same for everyone.. so we probably shouldn't think she's younger than Maria only because of the tsurupettan x) *it's been a hint all along D:*

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 17:10   Link #297
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
I doubt that Kinzo would be buried in the garden.

1: The garden is in a rather visible place. At the very least, the guesthouse, Kinzo's room and the honored guest room overlook it; I think the parlor does as well. Hiding something there stands a good chance of being spotted.
2: Why is only one rose wilting?
3: Roses have big roots. Digging around them without cutting them is pretty laborious.[/spoiler]
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 17:21   Link #298
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

This is as blunt as a question can get, but I didn't want to spoil myself on this dangerous waters @.@;

End of the golden witch? That sounds horribly depressing for me... Even though golden witch is a referrance to Beatrice (?), the 'end' sounds like a real 'end' in my head.

Has anyone confirmed that there will be 4 more VN episodes? Or was that me delusioning?
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 17:32   Link #299
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
This is as blunt as a question can get, but I didn't want to spoil myself on this dangerous waters @.@;

End of the golden witch? That sounds horribly depressing for me... Even though golden witch is a referrance to Beatrice (?), the 'end' sounds like a real 'end' in my head.

Has anyone confirmed that there will be 4 more VN episodes? Or was that me delusioning?
There's going to be 4 in total. 4 question arcs, 4 answer arcs. It's been confirmed that there will be 7-8 episodes in total in the Umineko series. So 'End' is most likely metaphorical title wise.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 17:59   Link #300
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
I doubt that Kinzo would be buried in the garden.

1: The garden is in a rather visible place. At the very least, the guesthouse, Kinzo's room and the honored guest room overlook it; I think the parlor does as well. Hiding something there stands a good chance of being spotted.
2: Why is only one rose wilting?
3: Roses have big roots. Digging around them without cutting them is pretty laborious.
I think he is buried in the garden, probably by Krauss some time ago so he can continue to divert the family's money for his own benefit.

Spoiler for theory:
luckyssol is offline   Reply With Quote