AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-24, 16:45   Link #8801
Jirachier

If you just check the novel's illustrations you'll see that the fight is in the last chapter and chapter 15 is the one where Tatsuya goes all batman on Maki.

Any news on when volume 13 is being released ? I'm getting worried that we might not get one until March or later.
Old 2013-12-24, 19:00   Link #8802
waffler

wait so is batman tatsuya before or after tomitsuka fight? o.o
Old 2013-12-24, 19:11   Link #8803
Daverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
wait so is batman tatsuya before or after tomitsuka fight? o.o
chapter 14 - Saegusa vs Shippou
chapter 15 - batman
chapter 16 - Tatsuya vs Tomitsuka
Old 2013-12-24, 20:58   Link #8804
pampz21
ShipCore

Yup~ best present ever!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-12-24, 22:24   Link #8805
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Does Tats really say his "Batman" lines in Christian Bale's Dark Knight voice? I heard he does.
Old 2013-12-24, 22:52   Link #8806
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Miyuki sings:
"This is transcendental
On another level
Boy, you're my lucky star

I wanna walk on your wave length
And be there when you vibrate
For you I'll risk it all"
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2013-12-25 at 07:06.
Old 2013-12-24, 23:04   Link #8807
Diocar

Hey why does koichi even think about marrying mayumi to katsuto?
As katsuto will be the head of the familly doesn t it mean the saegusas would lose mayumi to the jumonjis along with any powerfull magician she might give birth to?
Old 2013-12-24, 23:29   Link #8808
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
As katsuto will be the head of the familly doesn t it mean the saegusas would lose mayumi to the jumonjis along with any powerfull magician she might give birth to?
Well thats true, but in exchange Koichi can theoretically sway the Juumonji's policies through the relationship. The problem is that Katsuto doesn't look likely to bend to his prospective father-in-law, which is why it wasn't seriously considered.

Koichi is kind of a disgusting character.
Old 2013-12-25, 00:46   Link #8809
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post

Quote:
To tell the truth, the conditions were the same with the Juumonji clan’s Katsuto, and Kouichi was thinking about which one he wanted to marry Mayumi off to. (The Ichijou clan’s Masaki was excluded because he was younger than Mayumi.)
He hope itsuwa or Juumonji can support him in the future.

Quote:
“I don’t think Hirofumi is all that bad a person.”
“He isn’t a bad person, but that’s all he is. Such an unreliable person is not suitable for Onee-sama.”
“Izumi, your scoring is too harsh. Okay, what kind of person would be all right, how about Katsuto-kun?”
“Hey, Kasumi-chan, Juumonji-kun and I aren’t particularly—”
“That’s right, he’s not deficient in good looks but the unfortunate point about him is that he wouldn't exactly try to understand a maiden's heart.”

Then he choose Itsuwa because he is easier to manipulate.

Quote:
“As expected, Katsuto-kun has much higher tolerance than Hirofumi-kun.”
Hirofumi referred to the oldest son of the Itsuwa Family, “Itsuwa Hirofumi”. The Itsuwa Family wished for Mayumi to marry Hirofumi. Koichi had intended to compare Hirofumi with Katsuto,
And yeah Itsuwa is a better son in law than Katsuto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Well thats true, but in exchange Koichi can theoretically sway the Juumonji's policies through the relationship. The problem is that Katsuto doesn't look likely to bend to his prospective father-in-law, which is why it wasn't seriously considered.

Yotsuba also do the same thing to Shiba Tatsurou.
I pity him.
Old 2013-12-25, 00:58   Link #8810
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:

He plays the political game at 100% eh.
Old 2013-12-25, 03:03   Link #8811
bietchie11

Quote:

That's what i was trying to say.
While Tatsuya may or may not be a "superior man", Koichi fits "inferior man" description perfectly with all the cowardice, bitterness and inabilty to let things go. (Confucius)

"The superior man is distressed by the limitations of his ability. He isn't concerned about being unrecognized."

"The superior man blames himself, the inferior man blames others."

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2013-12-25 at 03:39.
Old 2013-12-25, 03:10   Link #8812
muramusaw8

About that doujin: right clicking and using the 'search google for this image' option may be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
Any news on when volume 13 is being released ? I'm getting worried that we might not get one until March or later.
I personally could not find any information about the release date of the 13th volume, despite checking @dengeki_mahouka and the Japanese Wikipedia page of Mahouka.

Last edited by muramusaw8; 2013-12-25 at 14:17.
Old 2013-12-25, 16:11   Link #8813
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by muramusaw8 View Post
About that doujin: right clicking and using the 'search google for this image' option may be helpful.
useless , the only download link i found is password blocked and seems that importing is 24$ plus importing taxes with a minimum of 4-6 weeks of waiting times

aniway , how long do you suppose this novel will go? About index lenght?

Last edited by Breimoon; 2013-12-25 at 16:32.
Old 2013-12-25, 20:18   Link #8814
bietchie11

With only 3 chapters left, i now look back and see that we really come a long way in the past 2 years.
(For me, it all started on Feb 5th, 2012 when i randomly checked a new manga named MKnR and man, i'm glad i did.)
From a teaser project to a real proper project!!! ... that had almost no translators ... and we only live on with raptorfalcon and whsie's summaries/spoilers and Monstratboy's epic "mother-in-law" (yeah, you can't live it down buddy), now we have almost all the chapters translated and being one of the most popular page on BT.
It's all thanks to Dreyakis's punctually and speedy translation, Seitsuki's zeal for Miyuki,
Sashiko's tenacity and the participant of other translators (even if it's brief).

Thank you guys that i have a wonderful time reading it!!! ... and arguing over it ...

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2013-12-25 at 20:39.
Old 2013-12-25, 22:06   Link #8815
muramusaw8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
aniway , how long do you suppose this novel will go? About index lenght?
Originally from the Other Interesting Facts section on Baka-Tsuki:
[...]The author expects the series to be compiled into a total of 20 to 25 volumes (ie. if Dengeki allows him to finish the series) [SOURCE: Author's tweet on 6-Nov-2011, #dengeki_mahouka]
Old 2013-12-25, 22:14   Link #8816
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
With only 3 chapters left, i now look back and see that we really come a long way in the past 2 years.
(For me, it all started on Feb 5th, 2012 when i randomly checked a new manga named MKnR and man, i'm glad i did.)
From a teaser project to a real proper project!!! ... that had almost no translators ... and we only live on with raptorfalcon and whsie's summaries/spoilers and Monstratboy's epic "mother-in-law" (yeah, you can't live it down buddy), now we have almost all the chapters translated and being one of the most popular page on BT.
It's all thanks to Dreyakis's punctually and speedy translation, Seitsuki's zeal for Miyuki,
Sashiko's tenacity and the participant of other translators (even if it's brief).

Thank you guys that i have a wonderful time reading it!!! ... and arguing over it ...

Same story for me. Changed my life it did.
Old 2013-12-25, 23:02   Link #8817
bloodyclaws

Quote:

well said. This LN had so much info dump and world building that I never thought it will become translated, much less having a large enough fanbase either. Now, not only is it almost up to date, It is also one of the highest discussed LN's and finally getting an anime soon.

Thanks to all the translators for bringing us this LN!
Old 2013-12-26, 00:44   Link #8818
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Same here. I am actually considered not reading this LN because I thought the massive amount of info dump would make it boring and that it was mediocre. Now ever since I started reading this has become one of my favorite LNs. I just stared reading a about while ago and I am already on Volume 11. Thank you translators for allowing to read this LN
Old 2013-12-26, 01:00   Link #8819
Waxman

Oh, chapter 14 is out, thanks to Dreyakis Klaus.
Old 2013-12-26, 01:31   Link #8820
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Chapter 14
Saegusa twins vs Shippou duel

F-Finally.

Best Xmas present in a long time. <3 Dreyakis Klaus indeed.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings