Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-20, 23:38   Link #221
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
She's saying she doesn't feel uncomfortable about not being able to say 'no' to whatever Luffy asks of her.
That is a pretty loaded expression, negative + negative + negative + negative. I hope you don't have a lot of saying like that, it must be scary for the kids.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 23:40   Link #222
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Yes, we use some pretty messed up expressions in our language.
Even the Japanese feels so.

But then again, English has some pretty awkward expressions too.
Old 2008-11-20, 23:44   Link #223
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:

He called her hammock, actually. It's a sling-bed.
That's even better!

Hmm... I Wonder what Garp's gonna discuss with Ace?
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 23:44   Link #224
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
on the whole shichibukai not taking their crew, I think it would be just simply too much for the WG to actually handle.

its hard enough for them to handle the shichibukai alone, with there respective crews their it would only increase the burden on the WG.
I am not so sure about that. Compared to Ace, Blackbeard's crew was nothing, unlike Blackbeard. Same can be said about Moria. And, of course, Hancock. The most I can think of for the crew to be at captain level or so, and there are enough captains to handle all those minor ones, with no problem. Another thing is, this is official business, and the only one WG has a deal is the Shichibukai himself or herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Hmm... I Wonder what Garp's gonna discuss with Ace?
I wish we can get to know something about their past (that may tell something about Luffy too, whether, he is meant to become something for the D., even long before). And, Garp's goals or ideals if he has something different than WG's, considering the fact that he is still meeting, in one way or another, his son.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 23:49   Link #225
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
I hope we get some type of action...Doubt it though.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2008-11-21 at 00:04.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 00:27   Link #226
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Is white beard going to battle all the shichibukai with just his crew or will shanks and the others join with him?
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 01:42   Link #227
marvelB

I have my doubts about Shanks joining Whitebeard in the war.... he warned him about Blackbeard from the start, but old Newgate just wouldn't listen. I'd think he would just stay out of the way and let Whitebeard reap what he sowed....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 01:52   Link #228
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
I figured with this many people around, someone will clearify this by now...
You're not reading this right, and you're probably not aware of certain unique expressions used in our language.
Well, I did mention it the same way back in page 6.

Just that I used the same sentence structure as I translated it over, maybe people skipped that since the manga was scanlated. And also maybe I retained the sentence structure that it sounds otherwise in English.

Maybe you can help me check if my Japanese is decent lol: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=115

Japanese language is amazing lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 03:08   Link #229
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I have my doubts about Shanks joining Whitebeard in the war.... he warned him about Blackbeard from the start, but old Newgate just wouldn't listen. I'd think he would just stay out of the way and let Whitebeard reap what he sowed....
i doubt shanks would do that... however, i do think that any help Shanks might want to offer would be strongly opposed by Whitebeard

However, there could be some surprises, namely that comment about other pirate groups in the new world acting up... i doubt they would want to organize with whitebeard for similar reasons i don't think Shanks will be helping, but it could be that they may plan on hitting the marines while they deal with whitebeard; whitebeard is offering them some opportunity to take a few swings they normally might be more cautious about taking
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 03:41   Link #230
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

^^^^Originally Posted by The Small One
"Probably very weak. Usually there are those who give the orders, and those who carry it out.
While the ones executing it need to be powerful, the ones giving them are really weak physically."

i highely doubt that. that may be true in the real world but, in the world of manga i can see them being that ultimate force to be recond with. also the people working under them, from the looks of it, it does not seem as they are the type to take orders from someone who is weaker than them.

it says in the chapter that Kizuru captured 500 pirates. than i'm thinking it's a good bet to say that couple of them might be supernovas. another ally for luffy with the absense of his crew.

luffy is not strong enough right now to be able to beat an admiral so i highely doubt a showdown of Kizuru and Luffy. there paths might cross but, not likely. it looks more like that Luffy might end up facing Kuma. he is probly angry that his friends were blown away from him by Kuma. so it could be a showdown to watch out for.

also the other thing to see is that if the strawhats don't come to impel down than that could even have something to do with why Jimbei is going crazy. something may have happend in Fishermen island. i still can't help thinking that Camie and Hatchi are still in the main story somewhere. (maybe Camie is the princess of the island (way out there))

as for who is going to war and who is not. so far the 2 Yonkou that we have seen and know a bit about are Shanks and Whitebeard. as we know of them they are both decent men who hold a sense of justice. we only know the name of Kaidou and that he beat Gecko so he can't be too bad of a guy or moria might just have gooten in his way like he did with luffy. i hope that the Yonkou are people with a good moral code. we know that Roger was by all the things that we hear about him and looks like the Yonkou that we know of are good.

this means that the WG was looking for a war when they decided to execute Ace and every pirate in the world knows what the meaning of killing a subordinate of whitebeard means. so the pirates could gather as well. the rest of the Yonkou must know what it will mean if one of them is elimenated. they might have a mutal goal. to not let there way of life be harder than it is.

maybe Zoro is sent to a place where he can get a sense of direction. that would be good charcter development....lol

p.s..sory if this has been said before.

Last edited by kayote; 2008-11-21 at 05:09.
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 03:49   Link #231
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Probably very weak. Usually there are those who give the orders, and those who carry it out.
While the ones executing it need to be powerful, the ones giving them are really weak physically.

Mmm I was thinking that too. But to head the World Government and be weak? Sounds corny lol. But I guess that's what the Marines are for.

Well, they have a reason: If letting her see Impel Down is the only way to get her to participate in their little war, than this should be reason enough. Though they should indeed question her motives. But probably they have other things to worry and think, that a single Shichibukai can't make much trouble.
If they only knew Luffy is also there.
Old 2008-11-21, 07:42   Link #232
noktown

Yey now i hope Boa actually joins them,would be sucky if she died :/

But lol i'm already laughing at how ignorant and cold she will be towards Sanji and other girls(jealousy),and so daring and gentle towards Luffy

Boa : "Luffy-sama <3"
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 08:15   Link #233
naruto89

500 pirates captured by kizaru + 23 marine ships destroyed by whitebeard = 500 = 23 = 523

Chapter 523!!!!

I always thought there was something suspicious about those numbers.

btw lets hope sanji learns some kenpo on the island of transexuals, surely thats bon clays hometown!
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 09:37   Link #234
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
If it is, then the character looses a lot of his uniqueness.

Maybe Sanji will learn to connect to his inner woman, so that he can fight agains women in the future.
A fighter, that is only able to fight with half of the potential enemies to come isn't really useful.
Well, they do say that all who dwell there have "the heart of a maiden."

By the time Sanji comes back into the story, he may actually start to believe he is a woman and he'd have to get into a fight with some female...

Actually, I've pictured Sanji facing off with Hina several times recently; she defeated Bon Clay with relative ease twice (at least it seems that way) so I think she would make an excellent opponent for effeminent Sanji.

I couldn't see Sanji's new ability as being permanent though, it would ruin his character and, simply put, Nami just wouldn't have it.
She can't have a man-slave immune to her "charm"!

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 10:02   Link #235
cheese4u
da big boss

A method to fight women doesn't really sound like something Kuma would send Sanji all the way to that island to do. It's not like he's been losing a lot of fights to women, just Kalifa. What he needs is a way to increase his overall strength otherwise sending him there was pointless. Afterall, most women they've encountered were weaker than Sanji to begin with.

But Sanji does have another weakness, that is his lack of use of his hands. If you ask me I'd say that Kamabakka (or whatever its called) is one of those technique exclusive islands. Just like Kuja is the best place to learn about Haki and Weatheria is the best place to learn about weather, maybe Kamabakka is the best place for Martial Arts. I don't think he's going to learn how to fight women there since almost none of his opponents have been women up until this point (and probably not that many in the future). But maybe they can teach him some kind of method to fight with his hands without injuring them.

OTOH, if he were to learn how to fight against women this would most certainly be the best place to do it, so maybe that'll be a bonus to help him out in an emergency situation. Because, even if he doesn't learn how to fight women here, he's eventually gonna have to face a situation where kicking a woman is going to determine something important (maybe to save someones life).
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 10:24   Link #236
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Well, they do say that all who dwell there have "the heart of a maiden."

By the time Sanji comes back into the story, he may actually start to believe he is a woman and he'd have to get into a fight with some female...

Actually, I've pictured Sanji facing off with Hina several times recently; she defeated Bon Clay with relative ease twice (at least it seems that way) so I think she would make an excellent opponent for effeminent Sanji.

I couldn't see Sanji's new ability as being permanent though, it would ruin his character and, simply put, Nami just wouldn't have it.
She can't have a man-slave immune to her "charm"!
No, Sanji comes baqck, thinking he's a woman, and starts hitting on the guys in his crew!
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 10:43   Link #237
mrsticky005
Banned

So where do you think the rest of the crew is?

One guy said that Ussop would be at "Sniper Island".
I think that was a pretty good guess

We already know where Luffy, Nami, Franky, and Sanji are.

So we have Brooke, Robin, Zoro, and Chopper left. (I'm not forgetting anyone am I?)

Hmmm...

Brooke is on an island of music

Robin is on a treasure island

Chopper is on a land where they love to hunt...reindeer.

and Zoro...yeah you guessed it...

he is going to be in a maze of some sort.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 11:55   Link #238
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
But Sanji does have another weakness, that is his lack of use of his hands. If you ask me I'd say that Kamabakka (or whatever its called) is one of those technique exclusive islands. Just like Kuja is the best place to learn about Haki and Weatheria is the best place to learn about weather, maybe Kamabakka is the best place for Martial Arts. I don't think he's going to learn how to fight women there since almost none of his opponents have been women up until this point (and probably not that many in the future). But maybe they can teach him some kind of method to fight with his hands without injuring them.
sanji said that the only place he would use his hands was in the kitchen. Learning something with his hands would destroy his character and the whole freakin point of his background story.

no, he will learn to attack without judgment/ without flinching about who he is fighting (kinda like what hancock does with the puppies and seal.)

and Mr. 2, Bon Clay is DEFINATLY from this island
Old 2008-11-21, 12:12   Link #239
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
So we have Brooke, Robin, Zoro, and Chopper left. (I'm not forgetting anyone am I?)

Usopp man, Usopp. I'd guess that he's at an actual Sniper Island, or someplace that will test his courage further. Elbaf's a possibility I guess, but Luffy said that he actually wanted to visit that island, too (which would mean that the entire crew will visit that place). Not to mention there's a good chance that it's an island in the New World....

And... y'know, I'm actually a little disappointed that the spoiler about Zoro being on a pig island was fake. IMO that would have been as hilarious as Sanji's adventures on Tranny Island.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 12:21   Link #240
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
and Mr. 2, Bon Clay is DEFINATLY from this island
Watch it end up that when they meet again Sanji brings up a big debate about this place to Mr. 2 and he has no idea what the hell the curly brow is talking about.

Ya know what, going along with the idea of Sanji thinking he's a woman, maybe he'll start getting used to the feel of wearing high-heels. Can you imagine getting kicked by those?
Speaking seriously, the only thing I could see enhancing Sanji's fighting style permanently that wouldn't ruin him as a character is better footwear. It worked for Bon Clay...

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote