AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-03-17, 19:55   Link #761
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

If this is a repeat of the Kamogawa VS Anderson fight my say is still "PREDICTABLE".
It's mostly a combination of all the old Ippo battles and others rolled into one flying spider monkey.
Old 2010-03-18, 09:00   Link #762
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
If this is a repeat of the Kamogawa VS Anderson fight my say is still "PREDICTABLE".
It's mostly a combination of all the old Ippo battles and others rolled into one flying spider monkey.
I wouldn't say a repeat.

I think that Morikawa is trying to put Ippo at Kamogawa's level... like "what if Kamogawa would live in these days"...
Old 2010-03-18, 09:19   Link #763
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Kinda reminds me of the Simpsons episode when Homer takes up boxing. He can take w/e the other, in shape, boxer's can throw at him, then when they're so tired to smashing him.....they fall over!

Ippo's done nothing, he's "tapped" Woli....erm....I think it was 5, then 6, times? (slightly confused it's been so long!) and now it's been mentioned twice Woli's legs are shaking (chair hit his leg LOL!) and then he failed his landing. Imo - Woli's tired, and gonna fall on his own accord, but Ippo can take w/e been thrown! Just like Homer.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 10:01   Link #764
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I think those love taps Ippo has been giving Woli have a stronger effect than everyone is realizing.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 10:20   Link #765
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I think those love taps Ippo has been giving Woli have a stronger effect than they would in real life.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 10:36   Link #766
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I think those love taps Ippo has been giving Woli have a stronger effect than they would in real life.
Lol, quoted for the truth. Because Morikawa tried too hard to make Ippo look like he's in a dead end, now it seems absurd that those punch that I can punch can affect Spider Monkey at all.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 13:48   Link #767
Fran~
floating away...

those blody blows must have some impact, if not, Morikawa is a troll...

Woli's legs aren't ok as everybody see... that sensation of being hitted at the corners and the bad landing are enough proof to me...

Morikawa's always depicted the fast boxers as poor in stamina and endurance, OTOH, infighters are made for tolerate damage.
Old 2010-03-18, 17:15   Link #768
christinemarie
Crazy One

I remembered how Kenshin Himura evaded the big guy with fast speed just to make that guy's muscle torned or wear down making him unable to move.

Woli's coach forgot that his fighter's weakness are his legs even in NBA, the young players (Greg Oden and Blake Griffin) always end up have torned ACL and other more. It can't endure enough strain for constantly moving at fast pace.

Ippo can still win this match, with the full powered punches energized by his remaining strength left. It would hit Woli since his evasion diminished due to the stress on his legs caused by frequent movement per round.

This is how Pacquiao should beat Mayweather in boxing. Have Mayweather twist his ankle from dodging Pacquiao's punches.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 19:22   Link #769
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Even Ippo with his new versions of the Dempsy Roll can't endure the strain on his legs.
Woli I can rate him faster than Takuma and Itagaki, a better evader and accurate hitter, though one thing I've seen in this match. Woli probably has a glass chin and a body that can't withstand heavy punches as seen Ippo sending him flying after a haymaker.

Other news seeing the Manny Pacquiao VS Clottey fight I feel less impressed now on Ippo's "Peek A -Boo" stance.
Old 2010-03-19, 04:13   Link #770
AnimeFangirl

Yeah, what good does peek-a-boo do if you're too cowardly to throw punches? Pacquiao is not a guy you can beat by shying away from a fistfight. Clottey no baka.
Old 2010-03-19, 10:08   Link #771
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I think those love taps Ippo has been giving Woli have a stronger effect than everyone is realizing.
Agreed. It's not like Woli has any experience with actual fighting. Specifically, he has always run from a fight, either by jumping into the trees, or by running and jumping in the rign. So, of course actual blows against his unconditioned body, especially blows from one of the physically strongest Featherweights in the world, will create a larger effect than anyone (on Woli's team) will realize. Woli's legs will crumble soon, and then his couters (his strongest blows) will dissapate, then finally he will will fall under just 1 or 2 blows.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 20:25   Link #772
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Yeah, what good does peek-a-boo do if you're too cowardly to throw punches? Pacquiao is not a guy you can beat by shying away from a fistfight. Clottey no baka.
Off-topic:

I watched the fight as well, and to be honest, Clottey did more damage to Pacquiao then I have seen in any of his recent fights, I was actually quite impressed.

His defensive fighting style might not be the most impressive/entertaining, but he didn't get knocked down once, and landed more clean hits on Pacquiao then any of his recent fights. Pacquiao also threw more punches then any of his previous fights,and still didn't knock him down, which is impressive in its own way.

On-topic:

I do expect Wolly to be reasonably fragile, especially against a heavy-hitter like Ippo, he looks like he rarely gets hit, especially against someone of Ippo's strength, so he could well be blown away by a single solid hit.
Old 2010-03-19, 20:41   Link #773
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Off Topic:

Clottey did damage to Manny, but the damage he did was nothing Manny can't handle, Clottey is known for his accurate surprise upper cuts and punches within the peek-a-boo stance, Iam not looking at the entertainment part in Clottey's boxing, but his ability to win matches. As for clean goes, he's got a tight defense and accurate punching, but for offense he's good.

Manny can dance around him and as seen in some rounds Manny wants Clottey to hit him and he lets him. But one thing I can take off my hat off Clottey, he's a nice, humble guy like Woli and he's done what many boxers couldn't do, go to distance and not get knocked down. That would be his trademark and legacy that he can be proud off.

For LOLZ

AOKI DOUBLE PUNCH!!!!

On Topic.

Ippo as Clottey. Defense!!! Defense!!!

Old 2010-03-21, 10:02   Link #774
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
But one thing I can take off my hat off Clottey, he's a nice, humble guy like Woli and he's done what many boxers couldn't do, go to distance and not get knocked down. That would be his trademark and legacy that he can be proud off.
That is the problem I have with Clottey. It's like his goal coming into the match was to go the distance and not get knocked down, rather than to beat Pacquaio and win his title. So yeah, he got his wish, but as a boxing fan it left a bad taste in my mouth. I can only imagine how much better the match would have been if Clottey had used a more offensive strategy.
Old 2010-03-21, 21:00   Link #775
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Yeah that's what I've also been thinking when I first saw the match also, but I let it slide due to that Manny won.

Man can you believe this? First the Ippo fights suck now Manny's fight... >_>
Old 2010-03-21, 21:56   Link #776
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

TBH, I think the fight would have been a slaughter if Clottey went for a more aggressive style, trying to beat Manny at his own game, especially when Clottey's normal style is more defensive by nature, is just asking to get knocked out.

It wasn't so much that Clottey was bad, its just that Manny is so good.
Old 2010-03-28, 19:52   Link #777
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Let's side the Manny Clottey fight and go on with

Still a WTF chapter....Woli's is indeed having cramps and can't jump anymore. Thank goodness...but this?!!!

Spoiler for 889:
Old 2010-03-28, 20:08   Link #778
Cinocard

Lol, so God of Wind has become Ghost of Wind, heh.

This fight is becoming more and more ridiculous, not only in content, but in the way it's expressed...
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 21:20   Link #779
james0246

Quote:
Still a WTF chapter....Woli's is indeed having cramps and can't jump anymore. Thank goodness...but this?!!!

Spoiler for 889:
It's not Ghost Ippo, it's Newtype Ippo! That's right, Ippo has evolved...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 00:06   Link #780
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's not Ghost Ippo, it's Newtype Ippo! That's right, Ippo has evolved...
lol i laughed when i saw that image.

WTF is that shit.

Oh man i want some translations of what going on in this chapter
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports