AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-28, 05:55   Link #1
Anime-FAN

Need Drama/Romance

Can anyone plz tell me which manga that has those genres? Whether it's licensed or unlicensed plz state it.

Just started reading manga a week ago. Now I am really addicted to it, since most of the serious romance type I like is in the manga. Because some of the anime romance type are really crap such as Hani Hani/Wind/School Rumble/To ~heart~/Rizelmine and alot more.

So far I've readed
I's
ICHIGO 100%
Ai-ren

I would prefer anything similiar like those 3 manga I'd stated out.
Also plz don't recommend me anything that the manga is already out in the anime, cause bettween manga and anime i would choose anime.
Not something like Maison Ikkoku or Kimagure Orange Road or Video Girl Ai.

Srry for the bad grammar

Last edited by Anime-FAN; 2004-10-28 at 06:23.
Old 2004-10-28, 07:08   Link #2
LynnieS

You didn't mention if you were after manga that exist as scanlations, so I'm only giving you a couple of the ones that I'm reading and let you worry about finding them. As far as I know, all are unlicensed.

I'm also not doing them justice in these, I think, so if anyone wants to clarify, feel free.

"Suzuka" - Akitsuki sees a girl, Asahina, one day at school, and later discovers that they're neighbors. One thing led to another, but just as things get interesting between the two, in steps another girl, Honoka, between the two... Currently being serialized in "Shonen".

"Tokyo Eighties" - Does a bit of jumping back and forth using flashbacks to describe the past relationships among a group of friends. It's mainly about Junpei and Ai's, though, and starts out with Junpei catching a girl cheating on a, I think, college entrance exam and her offering him her... favors at a love hotel... This should be serialized somewhere, but I don't know the magazine's name.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
Old 2004-10-28, 07:30   Link #3
Anime-FAN

If it's unlicensed could you possibly tell me where to get 'em?
Old 2004-10-28, 09:41   Link #4
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-FAN
If it's unlicensed could you possibly tell me where to get 'em?
Oh. I didn't make this clear in my earlier post. Apologies and sorry about the confusion.

I'm not reading scanlations or someone else's scanned raw images, but the actual bound novels (and magazines) themselves. As far as I know, no group is translating either title, but "Suzuka" might be something that someone (cough snoopy cough ) would be interested in taking on. It's, IMHO, a better read than "Midori no Hibi".

"Suzuka", you should be able to pick up anywhere that sells Japanese manga, and since it's serialized in a pretty popular weekly, it might show up in a Google results set.

"Tokyo Eighties"... You might not find this one. I've only seen it at the "Books First" store in Shibuya (across the street from the Citibank branch and the Sega games building). There are so many series out there that not many places carry every title. With its adult themes as well, it might be a tough sell. Wipe this one off the list.

Again, very sorry for the error. Have you taken a look at GHD's manga tracker site, BTW? There're some titles that might be interesting to you as well like "Addicted to Curry" and "Yoru Made Matenai".

Taking a look through the rules, I think that I can post the URL to unlicensed translated manga; it doesn't look to fall under the "illegal warez" rule. I hope. Try "Salad Days" as well. It's a slow download, though, as it's now a completed series.

http://pinoyotaku.com/salad_days/

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
Old 2004-10-28, 11:31   Link #5
7thMethuselah

Try SaishuuHeiki Kanojo, it has some different very sketchy like art and the story is amazing
Closed Thread