AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-21, 03:33   Link #1381
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ok just watched episode.11

Tamako Market has good cliffhanger episodes. Also everything is very light hearted. Man rumors spread like fire in that market with those elders. Didn't know Shiori was such a romantic, Kanna wants to do her investigations and as usual Midori and Mochizou are worried/jealous at the same time because the the Prince "Mechya" finally made his appearance.

Mochizou isn't really that of a coward that cannot convey his feeling, he just wanted like the others are thinking which is in the lines of "What Tamako wants and loves", they will support her. Though standing up and saying "We can't tell that with just talking a little from him". That took some guts. Also dad getting drunk, HAH! The typical tsundere father that worries over her kid by using alcohol, jeez truly a slice of life. Sweet sister Anko cuddles with Tamako was heart warming after Tamako had her "MAD LOOK" which was more cute than convening a real angry girl. Then the ending OMG! The prince arrives! Tall, dark, mysterious and bishounen.

I rate this episode 9/10 I can't wait for the final episode. Sad it's ending? Not really since there are more animes from KyoAni to come. Either that viral "Swimming" anime that the girls and gays love or a K-on!!! season 3 or a new original anime again. Either way Tamako Market is fun, lets just hope it will be a good ending and will not disappoint.
Old 2013-03-21, 06:23   Link #1382
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

That girl in the meeting. Is she Mochizou's mum??

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 06:43   Link #1383
Tiranas

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
She caught my eye as well. In one of the previous episodes, too. If Mochizou's dad managed to marry such a looker, maybe there is still hope for the son.
Tiranas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 06:49   Link #1384
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Here's Mochizou's mother:

Quote:
Originally Posted by description
Michiko Ooji (voiced by Satsuki Yukino)
Mochizou's mother who manages the Oojiya mochi shop.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 07:24   Link #1385
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranas View Post
She caught my eye as well. In one of the previous episodes, too. If Mochizou's dad managed to marry such a looker, maybe there is still hope for the son.
Are you two referring to the girl on the left?

I think that she's related to "Stars and Clowns" master (Kunio Yaobi), if you look at the OP (the last person, I'm personally curious as to who she is, and who her VA is as well. I guess she's too minor a character to get her own bio though.):

On a side note... these two pictures showed up on the shopping district map:

Old 2013-03-21, 08:48   Link #1386
Ridwan

That atmosphere.... Kyo-Ani you basterd !!
Old 2013-03-21, 08:59   Link #1387
SQA

The one next to Saiyuri was actually in the group meeting, unvoiced, in ep 2. Past that, I'm not sure, but being involved with Stars & Clown would make sense.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 09:44   Link #1388
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
About the mole, I bet that Choi also has a mole on her neck. The neck ring jewelry that she wears probably is covering it. I don't expect the prince to end up with anyone besides Choi, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual between them.
You're onto something here. Now that I think about it, she never took off that neck ring, even in the bath. Wouldn't be surprised if it was hiding a mole.

I stick to my earlier prediction. Choi x the prince and Tamako x mochi (the food, not the guy).
Old 2013-03-21, 10:02   Link #1389
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You're onto something here. Now that I think about it, she never took off that neck ring, even in the bath. Wouldn't be surprised if it was hiding a mole.

I stick to my earlier prediction. Choi x the prince and Tamako x mochi (the food, not the guy).
Who knows maybe Tamako wants both.
Old 2013-03-21, 10:48   Link #1390
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol, Kyo Ani pretty much gave me double or nothing this episode. With the revelation that Prince has known Dera since childhood, I would say it's safe to assume he has known Choi (Dera's master) since childhood as well. So I got two chances with MochiXTamako and PrinceXChoi, but man, with only one episode left and them practically shoving PrinceXTamako in our faces for the past few episodes, I can't help but be pessimistic.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 13:12   Link #1391
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Here's the long conversation between Supervisor Naoko Yamada and Series Composer Reiko Yoshida published in the latest Animage.

Welcome to Tamako Market!
Wanting to Draw Peoples’ Feelings Towards Each Other

Supervisor Naoko Yamada and Series Composer Reiko Yoshida Conversation
I've been going back to the interview Yamada/Yoshida had with Animage in November regarding Tamako Market (click the arrow in my quote to go to that post) and a few bits have jumped out at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada
You really feel how everyone in the district loves Tamako in the very first scene of the first episode when she’s walking in the district. Honest, frank, stubborn, yet kind. Everyone loves Tamako and she loves everyone. I wonder if people will understand it that way. It’s a scene that symbolizes the take on the world our show takes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshida
Tamako is a girl who’s very proactive in the shopping district, but there’s very few scenes that show her point of view. If I really had to say, the scenario became a show where you see Tamako’s emotions from the reactions/point of view of those around her. Instead of being a show girl, she’s a girl who loves her family’s business, her shopping district and is just full of love. That doesn’t exclude outsiders too.
Quote:
-Is there a reason you named her Tamako Kitashirakawa?

Yamada: We instantly named her Tamako from the very beginning. When it was a story with the prince, we contrasted the characters of “prince” (王子) with “tamako” (玉子). We added the surname Kitashirakawa later as a reference to a place. As we moved forward, the Kyoto influence was a bit weaker, so we added a bit of it in her name. (laughs)
Quote:
-The shopping district itself has a warm and snuggly look to it. Will the music be the same way?

Yamada: I tried to keep balance with the music and imagery with music that reminds you of the Showa era. Having a shopping district and focusing on humanity is very reminiscent of that time period, but the girls live in the present day, so you can’t ignore portions of the story that have to be more modern. That’s why the music has to be very stylish. (laughs) Stylish music is entertaining.
And probably the most important part (and a huge blunder on my end):
Quote:
-I understand that the prince of the country where the bird was born will make an appearance in the story.

Yamada: Yes. Originally, the story was about Tamako and the prince. When I was first asked to head the project, Kyoto was the location of the show, but the theme of the show was similar to the movie "Roman Holiday."

Yoshida: When I first received word about it, the love story between them was still the main focus.

Yamada: In the end, we went in a vastly different direction.

Yoshida: It’s only one cour, so having it just be about a love story would be very intense. Since we set the stage in our long awaited shopping district, I used that to my advantage when composing the series. I changed it to adolescence plus humanity.
Quote:
-And what about the love component?

Yamada: What do you mean? Someone loves someone? (laughs) I believe this is a tale about gathering everyone’s “love”, humanity, and affection. Rather than passion, this is a work wrapped in a great amount of affection.
On the last quote, this is something I had to struggle with not knowing anything about what would come. Yamada says "恋というより、大きな愛に包まれた作品です。" The first character is "koi"/romantic love and the second big character, 愛, is "ai" or as I termed it affection. Luckily I was able to put it in a way that conveyed what Yamada meant.

This isn't a romantic story, but yet it's about love. We have Mochizou and Midori crushing on Tamako, but yet their passion isn't what's focused on. We see the love that the community has for Tamako, especially in this latest episode. I don't see the series as ever having intended for Tamako to be in a relationship at the end at this point (meaning if she does leave to be a princess, it won't be for love). At the same time, just saying it's a story about "love" is right yet wrong because the English term is so ambiguous in this meaning. Yoshida is right. It's a series about adolescence (Shiori's shyness, Anko's growing affections, Mochizou's affections/inaction, the girls' Haunted house, etc) rather than just a standard love story.

The other quotes really help sum up the show's atmosphere in my opinion. The first scene really set the stage for how everyone in the shopping district loves Tamako and how she loves everyone there. It's a very retro style of show (the Showa era ended in January 1989, so think 1980s') and feels like its from that era.

I've changed my opinion of the show as we've gone further. Yamada's done a wonderful job when you look at the series as a whole and not a week-to-week piece. I'm going to miss Tamako after next week.

Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 16:28   Link #1392
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

A love story between Tamako and the prince would've been interesting, but I'm glad Tamako Market was spawned instead. lol

I think Tamako unintentionally created Harlem Shake vMochi

Spoiler:
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 18:20   Link #1393
Ragecry

Wasn't the last episode supposed to air today? Or is my Wikipedia info really wrong?
Ragecry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 19:02   Link #1394
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

My wiki told me the last ep airs next week. :O
Old 2013-03-21, 19:54   Link #1395
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
A love story between Tamako and the prince would've been interesting, but I'm glad Tamako Market was spawned instead. lol

I think Tamako unintentionally created Harlem Shake vMochi

Spoiler:
Needs the song Do the Harlem Shake!
Old 2013-03-21, 20:01   Link #1396
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

heh heh more liek MOCHI SHAKE amirite????? :laff :laff :laff :laff :heh :heh

I'll be here all week!
Old 2013-03-21, 20:30   Link #1397
Ragecry

Tell me wich episode that shakes hapen, I'll be more than glad to waste my free time on doing something epic for a change.
Ragecry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 20:45   Link #1398
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

The latest episode, 11. Really though I didn't expect a 'angry' (don't know if I can even call it that) Tamako to be so cute. I'd love to see her try and turn everyone into mochi.
Old 2013-03-22, 07:32   Link #1399
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Images
4-koma: Episode 10
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Baton Club
Images
By Mizuki Makoto (http://www15.wind.ne.jp/~jekyll-and-hyde/)
Images
0320 (http://p.tl/i/34376615)

Images
Tamako
Images
Midori
Images
Kanna

Images
Tamako & Anko
Images
Drunk Mamedai (and Yandere Midori)
Images
Tamako x Mochizou
Images
Tamako x Midori
Old 2013-03-22, 07:56   Link #1400
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Website updated today with a release date and a listing of all 11 stories. The novel will be shipping on 04/06 and have the following stories:
1- A Same as Usual Prologue
2- That Girl's Heart Spins Around and Around
3- It's Easy For Warm Mochi To Stick
4- Write and Search for your Blueprints
5- This Test Wasn't That Scary
6- Prettier Than Flowers
7- It Looks Like a Head
8- Sparking Training! The Secrets of Youth
9- That Cool Girl is Hot on the Inside
10- Baton Leap! High in the Sky!
11- A Different than Usual Epilogue