AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 16 45.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 37.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-13, 00:22   Link #21
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

i just started this series and was wondering if its the same as the previous 1 which has lots of fanservice?? apparently this series doesnt have much fanservice and not sure if i gt the wrong series lol
Old 2013-10-13, 00:35   Link #22
Crashmaking Zoomatic
Umu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
i just started this series and was wondering if its the same as the previous 1 which has lots of fanservice?? apparently this series doesnt have much fanservice and not sure if i gt the wrong series lol
Little Busters has very little fan-service, so I think you might've gotten the wrong series...
Old 2013-10-13, 01:37   Link #23
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Man, Riki, I understand that you're bashful and all, but how the hell could you resist Kurugaya here? Dude, your friends went all-out for you to have the perfect confession moment, and they delivered! And Kuruguya noticing the text message would mean that your confession wouldn't startle her as much. You should have totally went for it, Riki! Kuruguya is a total beautiful dream girl, and she's clearly into you.

This episode was gorgeous to watch and listen to, but what a tease man! Such a shame that we couldn't get a Riki/Kurugaya payoff here. Marvelous setup, it just missed that final payoff...

And yes, Kurugaya was very well-drawn and animated in this episode. It really is true that she's never looked more beautiful.

Well, putting aside romance disappointment, I guess we're in for a Groundhog Day-esque situation. Anime sure loves its time-loops, doesn't it?

But in any event, it's good to see what I assume is the overarching final arc start to come fully into focus.

I really liked all the male bonding in this episode. The dialogue between the four male LB! members was amusing and endearing. Great episode.

10/10 - 1 for Riki not going for Kurugaya = 9/10 for Refrain Episode 2.
Old 2013-10-13, 02:59   Link #24
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Finally, after 25 episodes, we have a really well directed, scripted, animated episode with good music editing! The guys were hilarious and actually seemed natural for once (for them.) while acting like idiots. Best part was the big firework, very pretty, and they didn't cut the music in a glaringly obvious way too. Everything flowed really well, like how an episode should be.

This season's prospects are looking better and better, I'm starting to feel sorry for the heroines that were covered in the first season, that they won't get any justice!
Old 2013-10-13, 05:40   Link #25
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Boy, that was a solid episode. LitBus is rocking on a whole new level at this point. I've liked the show from the beginning, pretty much, but in terms of execution that might have been the tightest ep so far.
Old 2013-10-13, 05:46   Link #26
novalysis

I gave it 8/10, but if they had put in Love Love Hunters in all it's glory, it would have been 9/10.

That being said, they really developed the friendship of the boys very effectively this episode. Romance might be a little sudden, but I think, even in the anime time-frame, Kurugaya found Riki interesting right from the very start, so it's possible to buy it, especially with the hints that previous time loops are influencing their emotions.
Old 2013-10-13, 07:02   Link #27
Dextro
He Without a Title

Ok I finally got around to watching the first two episodes after being so severely disappointed by the first season. I must say I'm properly impressed. They really pulled out all the stops at the start of this second season. It's like they're actually making an effort this time! The art direction is clearly improved but most of all the direction seems to be pulling it's weight so far. The mood switches haven't been as jarring this season as they were on the first one (imho) even if they are still there and still as extreme as they always were.

Now if only the sound direction could match the rest and the team be able to maintain this level of directing and script quality for the rest of the episodes we would finally have a worthy adaptation in our hands. Sadly I'm not yet ready to believe that they can do that.
Old 2013-10-13, 07:35   Link #28
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
All I can say, it's a great episode and nice character development, especially Rin and Kurugaya. Still, I find it funny that both Masato and Kengo are gay towards Riki.

Spoiler for End of Episode 2:

Last edited by Benigmatica; 2013-10-13 at 07:50.
Old 2013-10-13, 13:46   Link #29
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I also was had love love hunters got snubbed I was SO looking forward to that!

Asides from that, really great execution overall from the episode I was actually laughing at their antics, despite the love love hunters not being there. I also felt the romance was sudden, but that is what we get with such a short span of time. I think we needed for episodes for Kurugaya's arc.
Old 2013-10-13, 14:57   Link #30
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I'm not sure exactly where they're going with the Endless Eight loop that appears to be in effect -- and probably has been for a while, since Riki was getting deja-vu even in the beginning -- but it could serve to mitigate the feeling that the romance was sudden.

Kengo has gone from being a non-entity in the first season to being a great accessory to Kyousuke's madness. He had some really great facial expressions during the card game. And we get a little ship-teasing with Riki and Rin. If Riki's glance towards her when Kyousuke asked who he likes is any indication, I'd wager that they share a mutual, but conflicted interest in one another. I feel like we got one teasing scene between them in S1, but little else, and I can't even remember it anymore.

Meanwhile, Riki has better chemistry with Kurugaya than he did with any of the girls featured in S1, with only Mio coming close, from my POV. I don't know if that's to the credit of the character, or just the overall bump in quality of the storytelling so far in Refrain.
Old 2013-10-13, 16:43   Link #31
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Glad I gave this show a second chanced and finished wathcing season 1. This season looks far more promising than ever.
Old 2013-10-14, 02:03   Link #32
Ringil

Well, this was much better than episode 1 of refrain. I'm pretty satisfied with the changes they made in adaptation. It sucks Rin was the only one watching the fireworks all alone .
Old 2013-10-14, 03:02   Link #33
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Man, Riki, I understand that you're bashful and all, but how the hell could you resist Kurugaya here? Dude, your friends went all-out for you to have the perfect confession moment, and they delivered! And Kuruguya noticing the text message would mean that your confession wouldn't startle her as much. You should have totally went for it, Riki! Kuruguya is a total beautiful dream girl, and she's clearly into you.
It's the result of choosing to go with a linear storyline. We can't have Riki dating all of the girls a la School Days' Makoto, can we?
Actually it's rather clever how J.C. Staff managed to introduce the romance elements of Kurugaya's route without having Riki explicitly confess his love.

I think that they made a good choice in saving Kurugaya's route for the second season since it's the arc that contains more hints to the "secret of the world".
I also liked the added scenes that hint at Rin's jealousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Meanwhile, Riki has better chemistry with Kurugaya than he did with any of the girls featured in S1, with only Mio coming close, from my POV. I don't know if that's to the credit of the character, or just the overall bump in quality of the storytelling so far in Refrain.
Kurugaya and Mio happen to be my favourite girls too. I think it's because they are the smart ones, while Rin, Komari, Kud and Haruka are the "idiots".
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2013-10-14, 04:01   Link #34
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I'm really quite pleased with how the ~Refrain~ anime is shaping up so far. Yuiko is one of the best female characters in the VN, so glad to see her route get treated so well so far. I was totally cracking up during love love hunters. JC Staff seems to have fixed up their issues with the comedic scenes in this season compared to last (Wasn't horrible, but a little off IMO). I know if I was Riki I wouldn't be able to not melt in face with Kurugaya's advancements .

Curious to see what they're doing exactly regarding the romance angle. In any case, impeccable first couple of episodes.
Old 2013-10-14, 12:49   Link #35
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yea I think she gets that a lot Riki; that's probaly why she leaves her top button unbuttoned.

Yuiko's coming on to Riki quite heavily, and in such a direct manner. It's pretty funny and reminds me of another Key heroine that was also very straightforward.

Spoiler for Clannad:

Yuiko's being quite deliberate here though. And she knows it, and likes to fuck with people. Just like this person...

Can you blame her though? She's surrounded by easy targets.

Meanwhile, Kyousuke gets jealous or curious, though Rin is outright mad...

Oh man, that's a scene for the ages. Kyousuke is just being bros to the end, and it's infecting Kengo. That could be bad though.

And then they did fireworks under the night sky. I love scenes like that, but I've said that a lot of times. The sky at night when it's clear, such as frequently in anime, is a really beautiful thing. And JC Staff is using more than 5 frames per second.

And then suddenly he awakens to deja vu. Ah crap, the plot is here. Anyhow, that was another stunning episode.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-10-15, 17:58   Link #36
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

beautiful episode though.. how can they change Kurugaya so much from season 1??
she's lots prettier and cuter...

I feel sorry for Rin... I like her that's way it's little painful to see her watching fireworks alone *and maybe crying*

Riki is in the middle of harem... must choose one..

and oh look... it's another time-loop plot... Rin must be the culprit

overall, great episode...
and it really hit the spot since I'm 21 right now... damn you, kyousuke!!! don't reveal my fetish...
Old 2013-10-15, 21:59   Link #37
Frontier

I thought this was a really great episode, especially when I've been waiting for some legitimate romance in this show for quite some time .

I never expected Kurugaya to be such an effective and cute love interest! It's nice seeing the normally aloof Anego act more like a girl in love, while still carrying her mature aura. Seeing her being so forward with Riki was as cute as it was hilarious

Now, getting over how jealous I am of Riki's success , I have to say that I think he and Kurugaya are cute together, and compliment each other very well. They definitely have a lot more chemistry than I thought they did from their few solo interactions in season one. Whether this is more because there's actual romance here, whereas the other heroines had it removed from their stories, I think is a good question.

Still, as much as I enjoyed it, I felt the episode would have benefited had there been more buildup for the relationship in season one. Maybe a brief scene hinting that Kurugaya's affections for Riki and trolling antics are of a more romantic nature than she lets on? Especially if from the onset the creators always had the intention to adapt Kurugaya's route in this manner.

I very much agree with Thermin Vox, Kengo is ten times more entertaining now than in the 24 episodes of season one where he was a stoic Kendo club member .

I thought there were small, subtle hints, in season one of Riki and Rin feeling something for one another, and it was much more obvious here. Riki gives her a quick glance immediately when asked if he genuinely loves someone, and Rin seems to take an uncharacteristic displeasure to the thought of Riki being in love with another girl and her brother supporting it. I doubt she has any idea why she feels this way, but it's a perfect setup for when we finally get to her route.

Love Love Hunters was hilarious . I'm only disappointed that it apparently doesn't quite live up to the game version...

All in all, a really great episode! Can't wait for the conclusion to Kurugaya's route!
Old 2013-10-16, 09:05   Link #38
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

21, fireworks and a revisit of June 20!

Wow, that's a really great episode. The mood transitions much better than in Episode 1. Kyousuke seems to support Riki's "interest" for Kurugaya, but signs point to Rin actually having deeper feelings to him than just being friends. Riki doesn't know this yet, though. All it takes is a good push to take them to that direction... but the same can be said with Drop-Dead Gorgeous Anego. By the way, Kurugaya's absolutely stunning in this episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiko Kurugaya
Did you want Onee-san to do things to you, boy?
Do things to me, Anego-sama!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-10-19, 03:54   Link #39
Chimuts
Call me Anego!~

Location: In a room as blue as the sky, as cool as the autumn wind and as quiet as the desert
Send a message via MSN to Chimuts
is it possible Kyousuke has something to do with June 21st not coming?

he was the one who came up with the (21) looks like "loli" after all...
Old 2013-10-20, 16:27   Link #40
OkamiNoKaze

Speaking of Tomoyo, after seeing that door kick last episode I'd like to see Yuiko vs. Tomoyo