AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-10-18, 15:04   Link #15061
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Probably not, if they were we'd have already gotten the Torpedo and Gust along with the Avalanche. Only the most popular designs are going to get that treatment. Plus, the 00 MSV aren't Zaku IIs.
Old 2009-10-18, 17:13   Link #15062
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
im almost done my 144 00 gundam. only the weapons and head are left but i hit a major snag, i was working on the shoulders 2 days ago and i cant seem to find where the 2 complete shoulder peices went. i'll keep looking around for it but is there anything i can do to get extra replacement parts to replace it if its gone for good?
depends gundam store and more sells parts from kits that got dameged or returned for one reason or an other and hobby link japan also can order more parts.

I suggest when you build a model keep everything in the box or at least the lose or completed parts in a zip-lock bag.
Old 2009-10-18, 21:19   Link #15063
Critias

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektar View Post
depends gundam store and more sells parts from kits that got dameged or returned for one reason or an other and hobby link japan also can order more parts.

I suggest when you build a model keep everything in the box or at least the lose or completed parts in a zip-lock bag.
Also keep in mind that gundamstoreandmore does not guarantee you even get the missing parts. They will send them to you if they HAVE the model kit already opened for parts. Meaning if they do have a 1/144 00 Gundam open, then you're on a waiting list until they get enough orders to actually open a kit for parts.

That happened to me. I'm STILL waiting on some parts because either the parts are always on back order, or they just haven't opened a kit for it (my case is the wings parts for EBM Destiny).
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 21:41   Link #15064
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Dalong has both MG Blue Frame and HCUC Khsatriya manuals up

http://dalong.net/review/hg/h99/h99_i.htm

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m124/m124_i.htm
Old 2009-10-18, 22:06   Link #15065
Kitaeryu

Hmm, the MG Blue Frame Astray does look pretty promising... considering how steady it looks on a glass table while holding that massive sword. Compared to my avalanche exia who can barely stand without doing the splits.. xD (although he still is my favorite kit since I keep him on a stand)

As well, any news about the 00 7S in the magazine scan? Is this just showing the resin conversion kit? Or is it showing a potential new 1/100 kit coming? Any confirmation?
Kitaeryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 22:39   Link #15066
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
Also keep in mind that gundamstoreandmore does not guarantee you even get the missing parts. They will send them to you if they HAVE the model kit already opened for parts. Meaning if they do have a 1/144 00 Gundam open, then you're on a waiting list until they get enough orders to actually open a kit for parts.

That happened to me. I'm STILL waiting on some parts because either the parts are always on back order, or they just haven't opened a kit for it (my case is the wings parts for EBM Destiny).
Quote:
Originally Posted by vektar View Post

thanks for the information. i found the shoulders near the corner of my room. i was cleaning up a bit after working on the model and i must have kicked it a bit. i have a top box for my toolbox which currently serves as a plaform to build build/paint the parts. i usually work compartmentally ie legs then arms then chest etc. i usually have 2 main places i work on so the work area is realtively isolated. even now i keep the various goodies from my current models in a bag ie 144 gaia beam sabers/MS arms , throne drei gn transfer cable and the zaku weapons aside from the rifle.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 23:28   Link #15067
Dynamite

A pretty off-topic question here...but I just really want to know...

I sell Gundam models and I'm a semi-large collector. So I talk with my customers a lot.

I recently sold a couple of Sonken Gundams from the Sengokuden line. And I was talking to a customer and he told me that the Gundam was kind of strange since the white isn't really quite white. Its a sort of beige. I went home and looked at my own and it actually was an incredibly light shade of beige, but didn't notice since I had it displayed alone.

Not really a complaint, but its kinda weird. I looked at some pictures online and they were all just white. Does anyone else see that?

Please note that this particular Sengokuden model came with an instruction booklet with a Chinese comic and a free Gundam panel liner, if that means anything.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 23:30   Link #15068
Kitaeryu

Perhaps you left your originally white Gundam in the sun for too long and it turned yellow? The sun does have a tendency to do things like that to white plastic...
Old 2009-10-18, 23:55   Link #15069
Dynamite

I'd rather hurt someone than put a model in the sun...lol...

I mean it even hurts me to display an empty box on my store's window.
Old 2009-10-18, 23:57   Link #15070
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
A pretty off-topic question here...but I just really want to know...

I sell Gundam models and I'm a semi-large collector. So I talk with my customers a lot.

I recently sold a couple of Sonken Gundams from the Sengokuden line. And I was talking to a customer and he told me that the Gundam was kind of strange since the white isn't really quite white. Its a sort of beige. I went home and looked at my own and it actually was an incredibly light shade of beige, but didn't notice since I had it displayed alone.

Not really a complaint, but its kinda weird. I looked at some pictures online and they were all just white. Does anyone else see that?

Please note that this particular Sengokuden model came with an instruction booklet with a Chinese comic and a free Gundam panel liner, if that means anything.
That's probably just the color it was molded in. You get that sometimes since white rarely turns to be all-white. The recent Gale Strike sports a extremely light shade of violet for its main body as well.

Otherwise, yellowing only occurs in small spots and patches in random spots after a long time.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 23:58   Link #15071
Kitaeryu

LOL I like a man who puts his gundam models before the well being of others =D *high five* xD
Old 2009-10-19, 14:03   Link #15072
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
I'd rather hurt someone than put a model in the sun...lol...

I mean it even hurts me to display an empty box on my store's window.
I was wondering if continued exposure to yellow light will hurt my Gunpla in the long run?I have some that are almost directly unerneath a yellow light source,due to the way my cabinet is designed.I mean I turn it off when I'm not in the room but I keep it almost on all the time when I'm in the room except sleeping time.

Is it really that bad?The long term effect exposure?
Old 2009-10-19, 15:53   Link #15073
GameraBaenre

Gundams invade local International Plastic Modeler's Society(IPMS) Contest...

Spoiler:

Con report as well as information on my latest builds, an old Sol Tekkaman kit and an SD Gundam NT1
http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=905

The 300+ pictures I took at the event.
http://gamerabaenre.com/orangecon09.htm
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 15:55   Link #15074
Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I was wondering if continued exposure to yellow light will hurt my Gunpla in the long run?I have some that are almost directly unerneath a yellow light source,due to the way my cabinet is designed.I mean I turn it off when I'm not in the room but I keep it almost on all the time when I'm in the room except sleeping time.

Is it really that bad?The long term effect exposure?
Well, lets put it this way. The reason white plastic turns yellow or other colors of plastic lose their color is because they're getting baked. If you put a kit in an oven, its gong to be the same results, except faster.

I remember this incident where I was over at a friends house. We were playing cards and the room was dark, so she turned on this big strong lightbulb. Then after about two hours, I smelled something like burning plastic. Turns out the bulb burnt a hole through a hula hoop...over two hours. And yes, the areas around the hole was yellow.

So check if your lightbulb is producing any significant amounts of heat after your usual amount of time you have it on. If not, then don't worry about it. If so, then don't turn it on or put some kits you don't care about up there.
Old 2009-10-19, 17:11   Link #15075
Amber.Dawn

Well, at least yellowing is great as a weathering effect?

It takes quite a while for things to lose color, so don't worry about it too much. Just make sure the light source isn't huge/bright/etc.
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 17:49   Link #15076
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Never seen that Zaku bazooka before.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 18:45   Link #15077
yusawateva

is the color on MG Gundam Ver 2 as bright/special as the color on HGUC Gundam 30th anniversary edition?

the 30th edition had a bright blue and peach-sih red, does the MG Ver2 have the same color?
yusawateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 18:58   Link #15078
Dynamite

Another bunch of questions, for painting/coloring experts.

I use Gundam markers semi-frequently, especially for their platinum and gold.

Problem with these two colors specifically is that they tend to come off over time, even without handling. It isn't really peeling though. It looks fine from afar, but up close, they look terrible. I can see some rippling effect and some small lumps. The ripples kind of looks like my finger prints. So might it be due to me holding onto that place and coloring over the oil or dirt from my fingers?

First question: Is there any way to make them "stay on"? I display them out in the open, if that means anything.

Second question: Does me holding the piece effect the marker over time?

Now I know that people use Topcoat to keep their paint on their kits. I use it too, but not on the ones where I used Gundam markers since they peel off.

I use Testors brand.

Third question: Does anyone use another brand that wouldn't strip Gundam marker? I know Tamiya is always closely "related" to Bandai, so would their topcoats be better?

If the answers are all negative, then I would have to switch to another gold/platinum paint.

Fourth question:
Does anyone know a good gold paint? Platinum isn't very important for me, but the gold is a must for my Sengokuden set. I know gold leaf acrylic from Tamiya is good, but the sparkly effect really turns me off...

Anything of a yellow-gold, or anything like the Gundam marker color would be great. Or if I have to mix stuff, thats fine too.
Old 2009-10-20, 11:53   Link #15079
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Thumbs up

garazzo by keasy

Old 2009-10-20, 12:01   Link #15080
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Too much metallic.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote