AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 74 39.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 26.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 13.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 10.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 4.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 2.66%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.66%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-26, 08:14   Link #181
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keio View Post
I've noticed in the new episodes that Haruhi "caught up" with Mikuru's size. I thought she was pissed at Mikuru's boobs since they were bigger than hers. What gives?
Haruhi's ok with Mikuru having a bigger bust as long as she gets to play with it.
Old 2009-06-26, 08:34   Link #182
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Episode 15,510 13 article is up:

[RIUVA] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009), Episode 13: Endless Eight

I decided "screw this shit" at the end of writing this article, so yeah.

Last edited by Ascaloth; 2009-06-26 at 08:44.
Old 2009-06-26, 08:35   Link #183
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Haruhi's ok with Mikuru having a bigger bust as long as she gets to play with it.
Maybe bigger means more sensitive? If so it'd be nice to have bigger fun bags yourself.

That's just speculation, I never asked any of my lady friends about that.
Old 2009-06-26, 09:25   Link #184
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Maybe bigger means more sensitive? If so it'd be nice to have bigger fun bags yourself.

That's just speculation, I never asked any of my lady friends about that.
Haruhi's already pretty well endowed.
Old 2009-06-26, 09:47   Link #185
LumpOfCole
I work with computers.

Send a message via AIM to LumpOfCole
Having never read the novels, I *Loved* this episode and the way they did it, because it really gives last week's episode deeper meaning than just 'random fun in the sun.' It's what I love about this series. Plus the way that the new animation gave different angles on everything was a big plus too. Totally reminded me of the ST:TNG episode "Cause and Effect" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfuXUNRDOy0
Old 2009-06-26, 10:01   Link #186
Arrnea
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
So I guess it has to be asked, how many times have they realised their trapped in a time loop and been unable to do anything about it?
This is answered in the novel chapter, so here goes:
Spoiler for Endless Eight novel chapter:
Old 2009-06-26, 10:53   Link #187
OkamiNoKaze

Great episode, I agree with others they could have kept this to two episodes, but the cliff hanger was ingenious. I got the sense of gloom and doom too, did like Haruhi's swim suit and Yutaka in this episode, in fact all her outfits were a bit better
Old 2009-06-26, 11:05   Link #188
Semantics
Ahhh, the irony.

Unadulterated brilliance. I give this a 10/10. Even though I've read the novel, I was still strangely (and properly) freaked out watching this episode. Had my hands on my forehead, jaws wide open for the entire second half.

Kyoani deserves trucks of gold for delivering this episode the way they did. The handling of tension and atmosphere was skilled, seemingly insignificant little subtleties were inserted almost artistically and I actually like that it's a 3 episode arc, as devastating as that can be to the rest of the season. Reading the novel and getting excited over the expansive plot is nothing like watching the action unfold in time and space right before your eyes, especially when the story is framed and juxtaposed this particular way.

THIS is the Haruhi I knew and loved! And now, finally, She is officially back.
Old 2009-06-26, 11:28   Link #189
Nikkan

Spoiler for Liked::

Spoiler for Didn't like:
Old 2009-06-26, 12:20   Link #190
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Koizumi was seriously too FABULOUS in this episode.

Anywayz, I thought this episode was great. I wouldn't call it a mindfuck or depressing, but suprising and gloomy somewhat. This whole episode dealed with atmosphere to the scene and KyoAni aced it pretty well. Despite the fact that some people complained about this arc being a 3-parter, I wouldn't mind it at all. I still find everything interesting to watch unfold.

Seeing Yuki act that way was bothersome to watch though ]:
The ending left me speechless and empty.
Old 2009-06-26, 13:12   Link #191
TadloS

Spoiler:

Anyway, brilliant episode with brilliant direction and animation/art.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-26, 13:21   Link #192
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadloS View Post
Spoiler:

Anyway, brilliant episode with brilliant direction and animation/art.
Yep the overall quality was definitely better than previous eps. I guess it must've been due to K-on! ended so the Haruhi dept. got a couple more helping hands with animation.
Old 2009-06-26, 14:25   Link #193
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadloS View Post

Spoiler:
gb2 season one, 2006
Old 2009-06-26, 15:08   Link #194
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Don't worry, I understood that underneath the surface grumping that you were well pleased.

I quite enjoy your reviews- as I just think of you as that cranky old man who has high standards and so is always critical and never says anything nice- but underneath that cranky old man is a secret heart of gold with a soft spot for kittens, puppies, and cute girls doing cute things.
It's more that I prefer to just not jump all over an episode praising it from head to toe week in and week out and have my own way of showing appreciation for something.....which comes along with any criticisms however light or significant they may be. I do know this tendency throws people off quite a bit.

And yes I do actually like kittens, puppies and lolis.

Anywho I'd be talking about what I'm expecting from next time right now, but the rules are very strict on that sort of thing when it comes to being versed in the source. Guess it'll have to wait for a reaction.
Old 2009-06-26, 15:44   Link #195
Sir Jeeves

You know, I just realized earlier: Since this is 3 episodes, that means Endless Eight is going to have lasted us two weeks when it's over. Two weeks of summer antics with Haruhi, just like one of the many cycles the SOS Brigade's gone through.
Old 2009-06-26, 16:17   Link #196
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
It's more that I prefer to just not jump all over an episode praising it from head to toe week in and week out....
Really? I'm pretty sure I can pick a selection of your posts in the Code Geass and Gundam 00 subforums at random, and get a general pattern of you doing exactly that.

(Sleep-deprived and judgement-impaired, don't mind me lol)
Old 2009-06-26, 16:42   Link #197
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jeeves View Post
You know, I just realized earlier: Since this is 3 episodes, that means Endless Eight is going to have lasted us two weeks when it's over. Two weeks of summer antics with Haruhi, just like one of the many cycles the SOS Brigade's gone through.
. . . CURSE YOU AND YOUR SYMBOLISM, KYOANI!! *shakes fist*
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-26, 16:53   Link #198
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
What I'm saying is Haruhi is correcting for the planet drifting out of alignment, if she knows all these scientific theories (which seems likely, shes probably obsessivly read everything) she could just be pushing it back sub consitiously.

Haruhi feels like this part of summer is a perfect moment in time, so they have to give her a reason to brake that loop which ultimatly is the suggestion of future happier moments.

Of course this is all speculation, the truth is the writers have probably never thought about the practicalities of time travel in that much detail, or if they did they chose to ignore it for the sake of the plot.
Planet drift is irrelevant. Haruhi didn't just rearranged planet Earth; she rearranged the ENTIRE space-time. Saying Haruhi moved planets is just making it complicated when it didn't have to be.

Moving planets will not take into account the memory wipes. All signs points to Haruhi altering the canvas on which the universe exists, rather than moving individual objects on the canvas.
Old 2009-06-26, 17:00   Link #199
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
is it just me or is haruhi herself getting a much more fanservecy treatment this season
this episode in praticular made it a point to draw attention to her for fanservece purposes more then usual
Old 2009-06-26, 17:05   Link #200
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
is it just me or is haruhi herself getting a much more fanservecy treatment this season
this episode in praticular made it a point to draw attention to her for fanservece purposes more then usual
This is a bad thing?
Closed Thread