AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-21, 14:53   Link #1801
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You have Gai and Shu's new found 'friend' to thank for that. You also have Hare's situation, which proved to be the deal-breaker (and whose fault was that?).

Oh yes... squeezing Tokyo wasn't helping.
I still think Gai is a better character for the role though.

Quote:
They are being rounded up in ghettos and systematically annihilated (if that doesn't already remind you of anything), I would think their behaviors are hardly surprising...

Oh, did I mention the city is about to be vaporized?
Like I said, they're on the war path. And up until a certain point in the series, there was no talk of the city being destroyed. I think that only came in after the virus outbreak before Gai died.

Regardless, it's still a crazy and psychotic show... but still so entertaining.
Old 2012-03-29, 06:09   Link #1802
Misslaly

Rankaaaaaaaaa!
Old 2012-03-29, 10:51   Link #1803
magnuskn

LOL.

You do realize that this is not Ranka, but rather Zessica from Aquarion EVOL, right?
Old 2012-03-29, 11:06   Link #1804
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
LOL.

You do realize that this is not Ranka, but rather Zessica from Aquarion EVOL, right?
I like Zessica, I like her better than Mikono. But she is no Empress Sheryl (or Gahara-san, or Lacus-sama) not by far. Actually, you know what? I just don't like Mikono...

Megu plays Sazanka, but I forgot what her ability was, if she ever had one, or even displayed it on screen. She is somewhat useless at the moment.

Except well... fainting on sight... which happens... every time.

And a wall named ... BERLIN... nice touch?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-03-29, 11:32   Link #1805
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Sazanka is fujoshi gold, man. Her ability is OTP'ing the hell out of everything that moves. And that is awesome.

Zessica is cool, tho. Love her personality, even though the whole jealous phase could be over by now, IMHO.

Old 2012-03-29, 19:00   Link #1806
magnuskn

She mostly has to get off her scantily clad behind and do something active to get Amata, instead of moping about only.
Old 2012-03-29, 23:12   Link #1807
Darthtabby

I'm not really too keen on either of the lead girls in Evol to be honest. Mikono's character type doesn't appeal to me that much and while Zessica has spunk, it doesn't feel like we know very much about her.

Sazanka is entertaining, but she's just a bit character.

By the way, is there a new set of poll results out yet? If so I'd be interested in seeing them. (I'm kind of hoping to see some Rinne no Lagrange on the list this time around.)
Old 2012-03-29, 23:43   Link #1808
Tak

Meh, to be honest, I am just watching Evol for the heck of it. Character development in the show isn't exactly deep.

I happen to appreciate Rinne and Last Exile - Silver Wings much, much more. Hell, even Amagami is far more interesting...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-03-30, 00:34   Link #1809
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Meh, to be honest, I am just watching Evol for the heck of it. Character development in the show isn't exactly deep.

I happen to appreciate Rinne and Last Exile - Silver Wings much, much more. Hell, even Amagami is far more interesting...

- Tak
I hear ya!
Old 2012-03-30, 05:03   Link #1810
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
By the way, is there a new set of poll results out yet? If so I'd be interested in seeing them. (I'm kind of hoping to see some Rinne no Lagrange on the list this time around.)
Not yet, should be on the first week of April I don't expect a Lagrange character though, going by... Uh, well, the rather "..." reaction from the viewers in JP? Mouretsu have better chance though that will show in next two months issue lol

Quote:

- Tak
Have to say that it's... Well, mostly true. That or it is so subtle that it flies over my head (per usual!) At least by this first half anyway~ Quite frankly though, isn't it roughly the same with MF? And I don't mean "we get to know the characters better"=development, Takky!

(A-Am I the only one who finds Amagami a snoozefest despite yes, I like Ai? The romance fell flat on me for every heroines routes! )

*Goes back to write her project stuffs *sniff**

Old 2012-03-30, 07:14   Link #1811
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Why did I have a feeling you'd like Sazanka, fangirl?

Old 2012-03-30, 08:10   Link #1812
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Why did I have a feeling you'd like Sazanka, fangirl?
Shush, Uncle Beto, Sazanka is a fujoshi Goddess! T'is lowly fujoshi is all but a mere pebbles in front of Her, how can I ever say that I like Her? I worship Sazanka!

(C'mon, I love NakaMegu's squeals and acting like a fangirl and talking about 'top' and 'bottoms'~ Certainly, I suppose substituting that voice to Ranka, and add her fangirling the yuri-licious HimexSheryl is a very lovely imagination )

Oh, oh and Karicchi just told me which issue of magazine poll you guys are talking about I-I'm gonna disappear now for not knowing you guys are talking about this month's issue...

Old 2012-03-30, 11:46   Link #1813
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
(A-Am I the only one who finds Amagami a snoozefest despite yes, I like Ai? The romance fell flat on me for every heroines routes! )
Its a nice, soothing and relaxing thing to watch with an approach I find refreshing, since most of the time, shows like that have lead heroines I cannot completely appreciate.

Besides, after viewing a series of intense shows these past few months, Amagami is a very, very nice change.

- Tak (Yes, lick me in the knee, LICK IT!)

Q: What is an Austrian battle-flag?
A: A white imperial eagle on a white background.

Old 2012-03-30, 15:17   Link #1814
magnuskn

EVOL happens to be one of two best shows since Frontier. The other one being Rinne no Lagrange.

Yeah, characterization is not deep, but the show has energy, humor and great visuals. And mecha. Always a very important element.

The lack of a serious romance plot works quite well, too, since I don't think I can bear so soon a major shipping war like one we had here.
Old 2012-03-30, 15:23   Link #1815
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Not to mention that EVOL has the same artist for the character designs. I'm shocked it ain't in the polls yet since Frontier was so loved and the art is pretty much the same.
Old 2012-03-30, 15:24   Link #1816
Tak

Quote:
Yeah, characterization is not deep, but the show has energy, humor and great visuals. And mecha. Always a very important element.
No arguments against the visuals, but I suppose I'd appreciate it more if I had a liking to Super Robot shows, which I am not always a fan of.

Big gigantic fleet battles and intense dogfights on the other hand...

Quote:
The lack of a serious romance plot works quite well, too, since I don't think I can bear so soon a major shipping war like one we had here.
Personally, I think Apollo should just jack Mikono and ... yeah...

- Tak

Old 2012-03-30, 16:16   Link #1817
magnuskn

Quote:
No arguments against the visuals, but I suppose I'd appreciate it more if I had a liking to Super Robot shows, which I am not always a fan of.

Big gigantic fleet battles and intense dogfights on the other hand...
I could write a whole novella of how much I want some new movie or TV series which has large space battles and intense dogfights. Hell, it makes me look forward to Battleship, although that one is based on a frikkin' boardgame.

But I don't see the whole super-robot thing much differently from battroid mode Valkyries, so it's all fine for me. I can't be too choosy with my mecha shows, we get few enough of them, compared to yet another slice-of-life anime or other formula shows.

Quote:
Personally, I think Apollo should just jack Mikono and ... yeah... - Tak
Hm, you talking about Amata or Kagura? Because I really have begun to dislike Kagura. The dude has moved from "unwitting pawn" to "seriously annoying and creepy violent stalker" in the last episodes. His constant annoying yelling for his "wench" really gets on my wrong isde.
Old 2012-03-30, 16:24   Link #1818
Tak

Quote:
compared to yet another slice-of-life anime or other formula shows.
My heart gets warm and fluffy when I watch Rinne though... no such reaction from Evol as of yet...

Wake up! Goto school! SAVE KAMOGAWA!!

while engaged in a little yuri-luv...

Quote:
His constant annoying yelling for his "wench" really gets on my wrong isde.
Exactly, so I vote to either kill him off or let him be with his... 'wench'.

- Tak

Old 2012-03-30, 16:31   Link #1819
magnuskn

Quote:
My heart gets warm and fluffy when I watch Rinne though... no such reaction from Evol as of yet...
Rinne lives on being a genki friendship anime with yuri undertones... and science-fiction mecha.

EVOL lives by its constantly advancing energetic plot, the art, the music and the characters being likeable ( although not very deep ). It also has a rudimentary familiar plot, which manages to be so consistent as to not annoy ( Guilty Crown makes a good counterexample to EVOL in that regard ).

That said, EVOL has a lots of moving parts which are well done, but not excellently so. But it also has no parts which are going obviously wrong and which make the audience unhappy. Unless you are a dirty hipster who cannot enjoy things which were done differently but somehow similarly before.

Quote:
Exactly, so I vote to either kill him off and let him be with his... 'wench'.

- Tak
Since the first thing clearly ain't happening, the second would be preferable, yes. ^^
Old 2012-03-30, 16:45   Link #1820
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I really despise Guilty Crown right now. I wouldn't compare it to other shows this season. It went in the entirely different direction than I'd figured.

However, EVOL seems to be headed in the direction I'd expected thus far.

I didn't watch Frontier when it aired, so I have no qualms as to how "expected" I felt the storyline went. However, the movies went in a completely different direction.

In terms of characters, Frontier has more character growth than both Guilty Crown and EVOL put together.

PS: Tak, thanks for pointing out Amagami SS; I forgot that was on my list of those to watch this season.

Tags
characters, favorite