AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-26, 19:53   Link #4041
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Sledeau - The caption sealed the deal! I'd speed up the rolling, but it's fine the way it is now. And if I say your name fast enough...it sounds like slide; that deserves bonus points! 8.7/10

NoSanninWa - Ohhh, Kino! I just watched the DVD recently, so positive bias here! I see good quality, I see focus, I see smooth animation, I see border, and I see the cross; my only complaint is that the cooldown is a tad too long, but that's just me. 9.3/10

God she was such an adorable lil loli...damn that Master for turning her into this...this...boyish thing!

Sidenote: Alas, progress cannot be made without changes...I want progress. >_<
And there is NOTHING wrong with Galaxy Angel! You're missing out!

boneyjellyfish - Oh, so this is how you do bishounen! See, if I were female, I might say "I'd like to wipe that smirk off his face...and the blood stain...with my tongue!" Too bad I'm not, so the highest score you can possibly get is 9. Very pretty CG (looks like it's from a game?), but out of curiosity...what are those white curving string thingies on his hair? They are a bit distracting...I demand an explanation! 8.9/10

Sidenote: 11/10 *cough*whatasuckup*cough*
Old 2004-08-26, 19:55   Link #4042
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
Sledeau - XD. 10/10.
Old 2004-08-26, 20:05   Link #4043
Sledeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Sledeau: WOW WOW! What do we have here? It must be one of those very unique avatars that come only once in a decade... 9/10 for uniqueness.
My avatar isn't entirely unique, its from an a duo of animated gifs that I just cropped and added transparency to. The animated gifs were so genius, I couldn't resist using them as my avatar.

On an added note, my skills with these things suck, so you can see the LOL was clipped a tiny bit at the bottom of my avatar. Maybe I'll fix that later.

sarcasteak: Nice avatar, but haven't played the game its from. (spelled Desgaia?) My roomies are all about it, I'll have to give it a try sometime.
Old 2004-08-26, 21:02   Link #4044
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
deathsvengeance: 86%

By the way, rate an avatar or get your post deleted.
Old 2004-08-26, 21:14   Link #4045
Tripod

Send a message via AIM to Tripod
razer - 8/10

strong bad is SWEET

mines awesome though, naruto rocks!
Old 2004-08-26, 21:18   Link #4046
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
deathsvengeanc:i like it.....a bit blurry but that might be my cmpu....8.5/10
Old 2004-08-26, 21:33   Link #4047
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledeau
On an added note, my skills with these things suck, so you can see the LOL was clipped a tiny bit at the bottom of my avatar. Maybe I'll fix that later.
Oh, I thought you intended it to be like that...ya know, how the in-between frames are sometimes blurred to represent speed?

deathsvengeance - Who's the girl in the background? A close-up of the cute girl by herself might be better, but since I don't recognize this scene or the girl, I can't say for certain. I don't mind the grey line at all, but the avy is overall too black for me. A minor suggestion is that you should nudge the original crop a little bit lower; I'm not sure how to describe it exactly, but if you look carefully, the darker shading (of the girl's pink clothing) is somewhat blends with the black border and creates an uneven look. Yes, I'm picky like that. 8.3/10

full_metal_31 - I'm not particulary a big fan of flashing text, but you did a nice job here as it does match the girl's expression. The border color is fitting, and the crop is decent, but since I was actually one of the few people who does NOT categorize Amane as just-another-generic-girl (hmph!), I like the previous one more...I don't know this current girl, so no bonus. 8.5/10
Old 2004-08-26, 23:24   Link #4048
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Tripod: The avatar makes me laugh :narf:. Overall: 88%

Okay people. I have an announcement. Dispite poplar belief:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-26, 23:45   Link #4049
Anbu_33

Send a message via MSN to Anbu_33
tripod - best avatar ever , hehe , nah , but really funny , hehe , lets see , how about a 8/10 , since i like mi gifs with a border of some sort

full_metal_31 - i actually dont know from what anime that girl is but she looks like those kids that have really squeeky voices and i hate , anyways , nice , like the colors of the text and border , the animation is a little common , 9/10

ps-dont rate my avatar , i didnt put any effort into it , and still is unfinished , hehe
Old 2004-08-27, 00:04   Link #4050
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

oops, I can't believe I missed the red text in the main post

Anyways, to possibly redeem myself and follow the rules of this thread...

Tripod: 8/10. Gotta love Naruto.

Full_metal_31: 8/10. I like the text and the composition is good.

Sarcasteak: 9/10. Good images, good text, very funny Now who are they?
Old 2004-08-27, 23:44   Link #4051
MikoKikyo

Sakura-chan good effects, they give the picture overall impact 9/10

Sledeau very creative lol... 8/10

Razer_2mb cool image, though I had to squint to read the text (but hey, I'm miopic) 8/10

Tripod funny stuff needs border 8.5/10

full metal 31 cute image, and the animation is subtle enough 8.5/10

Anbu 33
the animation is good, but the main guy's image is kinda...bleh. 8/10

deathsvengeance I like the overall image, but it needs a border (at least I don't see one) 8/10

Sarcasteak I do believe I already rated yours... ne?
Old 2004-08-28, 00:03   Link #4052
aahhsin

PriestessKikyo = HEY! The man-woman is back!

I absolutely love the border.
And that's it.

D (Just because you returned!)

Deathsvengence = You really need a border. Instead of having 2 girls in the picture, I seriously think you should just concentrate on the blonde hair one. Too much in an avatar is really hard to do with such cramped space. Keep it simple.

F

Anbu = Again you need a border. the only saving grace that this avatar gives you is the 3 little flashing bars. The character is funny, but there's just too many Naruto avatars, granted this isn't even an important character.

F

Full Metal 31 = She scares me. I'm not sure what that pink bubble is though. I could swear tears are blue and not pink. Heck if it's glass I'll even accept it, but glass tears are clear not pink. I like her giantic mouth though. I see one can fit many things in there. Not quite sure what the reason is behind Adventure.

D
Old 2004-08-28, 00:23   Link #4053
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Hmm... time to rate a couple more avatars before I disappear from the thread for a few months (at least until I get a new avatar).

aahhsin - 7.5/10 - A surprisingly good avatar despite how unexciting it is. Overall, a nice image of a real person.

PriestessKikyo - 7/10 - The blinky effects in the corners really annoys me for some reason, but I do like the intricate corner designs. The borders should be real borders, though, and contain all of the image.

Anbu_33 - 6.5/10 - It's pretty good - for an animated Naruto avatar. Because it's an animated Naruto avatar, you get 1 point off. The animation, like many animations, gets annoying after a very short amount of time. It could use a border... probably.

Tripod - 5/10 - This is how NOT to do an animated Naruto avatar.
Old 2004-08-28, 00:24   Link #4054
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Anbu_33 - Nice step-flash effect and fitting subject (albeit not very interesting), but where's the border...? 8.1/10

PriestessKikyo - Rate my other ones! I can't change my avy unless it's better than my Disgaea one...which probably won't happen for quite some time. >_<

I like your border design...and it's flashing! Very pleasant coloring style...and my, what big eyes she has! This is cuter than anything you've had in the past; not Thany-level of cuteness, but cute nonetheless. 9.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsvengeance
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Who's the girl in the background?
Sarcasteak: 9/10. Good images, good text, very funny Now who are they?
They're from Disgaea (a S-RPG on PS2); now your turn to answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
I'm not sure what that pink bubble is though. I could swear tears are blue and not pink. Heck if it's glass I'll even accept it, but glass tears are clear not pink.
She's blushing! ^_^;;
(sometimes the blush is only drawn on one side)
Old 2004-08-28, 04:47   Link #4055
Necrodeath

PriestessKikyo - Nice border, although I think the image could have been a bit smaller so we'd see some more of it. 7/10

sarcasteak - Good images, just not for me...Not my kind of thing. 6/10
Old 2004-08-28, 08:04   Link #4056
Ayame
Inuzuka Kiba Glomper

PriestessKikyo: kawaiiness! 7/10

plz rate my new avatar. I couldn't get rid of the text on it >_>.
Old 2004-08-28, 08:23   Link #4057
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame
plz rate my new avatar. I couldn't get rid of the text on it >_>.
That avatar isn't original at all >.< (Naruto's avatar again! )
Also, the animation tend to be annoying after a while...
The idea of the page is interesting though.
If it had been a bit longer it would have been better IMO.
If I had to rate it I'd give it no more than 4/10.

Last edited by Thany; 2004-09-02 at 09:46.
Old 2004-08-28, 08:28   Link #4058
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
That avatar isn't original at all >.< (Naruto's avatar again! )
Also, the animation tend to be annoying after a while...
The idea of the page is interesting though.
If it had been a bit longer it would have been better IMO.
If I had to rate it I'd give it no more than 4/10.
I'm wondering what you'll give me rating like that
Yours is just....gah....
/me is at loss of words....
7/10
Old 2004-08-28, 08:57   Link #4059
hobbs
nothing 2 do with calvin!

Send a message via AIM to hobbs Send a message via MSN to hobbs Send a message via Yahoo to hobbs
theres too much naruto >.<
bonejellyfish i like it, i like it alot, just a picture i know but great colour on it and good..ermm.. well i like it so nur ~8/10
necrolike the avatar, good change from anime too ^_^ is that from the prodigy aswell? cause it looks familiar... ~8/10
Old 2004-08-28, 09:26   Link #4060
Ending

@ Thany

Truth to tell, I'm still waiting for you to take back that "Teeth can be dangerous" avatar and slogan. Happened to like of it the best, maybe because that was the first avatar of yours I have seen, and the current one is pretty similar to it but lacks that amusement factor.

@ ND

Not. One. Word.

@ Ayame

Like Thany said, that sweep-effect is interesting, but I do not think the avatar itself is that good (and I do not particularly like of Naruto either).

@ PriestessKikyo

Why not, although I have to say the first impression I got was a bit too flashy. What I would do is make the background of the frame transparent and make only one of the corners animated.

Btw, where are all the threads beside "Rate that..." ones?
Closed Thread

Tags