AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-12, 05:38   Link #4181
Ending

@ sarcasteak

Nice little animation, but it loops too quickly to pass as a avatar. You should make her sleep longer.
Old 2004-09-12, 09:20   Link #4182
Necrodeath

PriestessKikyo - I'm in love with your border...to me it looks like you've done about a 4-5 pixel white overlay, then the dots...and then the heart stuffs...I also like the pic...she looks like she's in love, but doesn't want to face the one she's in love with... 9/10

Ok, so one of the mods changed mine (I expected them to do so to be honest )
I'm keeping it for the moment ^^"
Old 2004-09-12, 10:30   Link #4183
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
Necrodeath:i like everythin but ur name i dunno y..o.O....8.99/10
Old 2004-09-12, 11:45   Link #4184
Marlin
Sakura's so cute!

Send a message via MSN to Marlin
sarcasteak : 8/10 - I like the transition into galaxy angel
Thany : 6/10 - Hmm... a bit standard.. make a nice text or something..
CaSe- : 8/10 - Booby Action!!
Grona : 7/10 - Nice text, only i don't watch FMA. So bit hard to understand
Necrodeath : 6/10 - Banned on avatar.. ?
full_metal_31 : 7/10 - Ahhhh, how sweet.... this must be a girl avatar..
hobbsy: 9/10 - Nice gif action, and small in KB achieved by pattern overlay..
Wirhe : 8/10 - A nice dark theme, someone with order in his life..
Shadowlord : 6/10 - Same as Thany , standard gif, add text to it!
PriestessKikyo :8/10 - Very nice template used on the gif edges..
Sugetsu : 6/10 - Ok something is happening there...
Sakura-chan : 6/10 - I thought Sakura had pink hair!??
hobobaggins : 7/10 - Somekind of puppet? Anyways nice detail..
aahhsin : 6/10 - I've seen better hearts...

I hope i didn't offend anyone, it's just my opinion.

Mine is the logo of firefox - browser, and modded some tailes to it.. But Naruto fans would have spotted that allready ...
Old 2004-09-12, 12:32   Link #4185
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Probably because it was a double edit of 2 differents positions :P
I changed my avatar ; it's now dedicaced to aahhsin (pwned!^^)
aahhsin : I don't approve this avatar : 0/10.
The heart is quite choppy BTW.
Awwwwwwwwwwwww! I'm so happy, Thany changed her Avatar JUST for ME!!! I feel so special. You truely do LOVE ME!!!

The heart is rough on the edges but smooth in the inside, just like our unbreakable love. It was meant to be bit choppy, it's to show how wonderful our relationship truely is.

Let's rate some avatars.

Thany = You're so cute when your mean! I just want to hug you and kiss you and never let go! Can't you see that' we're made for each other? Take a look at these two ratings :

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Thany - !!!!!!! 10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord
Thany - good as always 10/10
Two PERFECTS! Indeed we are made for each other. Yup.

B

Necrodeath = Hmm.. Banned avatar. I seen it, but I'll just rate this one. I don't like the word Icky. It sounds so childish, but I guess you're not at fault there.

F

Marlin = It doesn't look anything like Kiyubi. In fact it looks more like Vulpix from pokemon.

My biggest complaint is the blue background. jUst transparent it, it'll look a whole lot better.

Oh yea, nobody here really likes Naruto avatars and signatures, mostly because everyone has one. Especially my love Thany.

F
Old 2004-09-12, 13:00   Link #4186
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
Necrodeath - people... are weird. ._.;;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin
Sakura-chan : 6/10 - I thought Sakura had pink hair!??
I thought Kyuubi's fur was brown, wasn't it?!! OMG, you messed up!!~ 5/10!!
... =_= What does my name have to do with my avatar?
Old 2004-09-12, 13:10   Link #4187
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Marlin - Not a bad idea, but it simply lacks the ferocity associated with Kyuubi (saying it looks like a certain pokemon is a bit too harsh, though XD). Hmm, I suggest removing the blue background as well, but I would just do fake transparency here (use animesuki color as background); it's too much trouble to make it actually transparent. 8/10

Necrodeath - The font is just as plain as the simple gradience, and the text isn't very interesting at all--this is indeed a suitable punishment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
The heart is rough on the edges but smooth in the inside, just like our unbreakable love. It was meant to be bit choppy, it's to show how wonderful our relationship truely is.
If you put it THAT way...

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-09-12 at 13:21.
Old 2004-09-12, 13:42   Link #4188
Shadowlord
~DESU

well, after a LONG remake, with help and advice from Thany and Sarcasteak, I have a finished product.

I really want to thank them for their tips and advice.

Full_Metal_31, I like your avatar. The only thing i'm not quite sure about are the little squares at the bottom, it looks like its trying to load something, but good effort nontheless. 9\10
Old 2004-09-12, 14:15   Link #4189
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
PriestessKikyo - I'm in love with your border...to me it looks like you've done about a 4-5 pixel white overlay, then the dots...and then the heart stuffs...I also like the pic...she looks like she's in love, but doesn't want to face the one she's in love with... 9/10
Good guess, almost I did the transparency of the hearts first, because I didn't want to include the other effects in the area inside the hearts then I selected the remaining area of the border and used not overlay but water paper effect, and another one on top I don't remember, then finally, I drew the dots in

Marlin why would you ever want to make an ava out of the firefox symbol? seems a bit weird and advertisement-ish... but I guess it's unique and creative to mix it up with the naruto thing... 7.6/10

Shadowlord 8/10 for your finished product.
Old 2004-09-12, 14:37   Link #4190
hobbs
nothing 2 do with calvin!

Send a message via AIM to hobbs Send a message via MSN to hobbs Send a message via Yahoo to hobbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
I've seen that avatar. You could use it for free on the THEM boards. Did you by any chance find it on the free use avatar for THEM?

Anyway....

Your new avatar: Overall A
them? who are them..........

ermm need to rate:
PriestessKikyo: nice, different border, nice colour-9/10
Old 2004-09-12, 17:41   Link #4191
Necrodeath

Also, I'd like to thank the one who made my awesome avatar. It now matches my sig with the colours ^_^"

hobbsy - 7/10 and no further comment...
Shadowlord - This is better IMO...8/10
Old 2004-09-12, 18:34   Link #4192
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
Also, I'd like to thank the one who made my awesome avatar. It now matches my sig with the colours ^_^"
WooT! Necrodeath likes the avatar I made for him! I'll give him a 10/10 for style, color, transparency and font. It's pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

hobbsy: Nice enough animation, but that's all. 6/10.

PriestessKikyo: Sweet avatar. Nice colors. Mind-blowing border. 8/10

Shadowlord: Yet another boring ero-game girl. I'm growing incredibly bored of avatars that look exactly like this with only small differences in coloring and features. 2/10

sarcasteak: Cool Osaka. Bizarrely (and amusingly) you translated her word bubble. And did I mention that I love transparency in an avatar? 8/10

Sakura-chan: For some reason avatars are really cute when they're wide. And the words add character, making me think about it. 7/10

aahhsin: Stupid. Pastels aren't your colors. While irony does become you, too much irony becomes a detriment. F+

Marlin: Firefox is cool and it does make a great avatar. (I like the transparency, of course.) You loose a few points for originality though. 7/10

full_metal_31: Boooooooring. 3/10

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-12, 20:55   Link #4193
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Necrodeath: Awesome color change. The girl's not very cute tho ^^ 9/10

full_metal_31: Awesome contrast of green on pink! You win my never-coveted 10/10!

Marlin: w00t! Marlin would get my 10/10 due to appropriate browser use, but it's been given away... Srry. 9.999/10

aahhsin: That's just disturbing. 0/10. (btw, it will complement the 10/10 Thany gets, lol. Together, you're perfect! ^^)

sarcasteak: Very very cute. I don't understand the A!, but it deserves a solid9.6/10

Shadowlord: Not bad. The border goes well with her hair colo. 8.3/10

PriestessKikyo: Wow. What an awesome av. It's very elegant and sophisticated. For some reason, I don't know about the hearts tho... 9.8/10

Hobbsy: It's nice, but not quite sure where it's from... 8/10

btw, I tried out some transparency (and real transparency this time). Input?
Old 2004-09-12, 23:05   Link #4194
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Yay for good scores so far~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
I don't understand the A!
Well, during the halftime eye-catch in Azumanga Daioh, Osaka (or the other characters) shows up and says Ah! in word bubble (but in Japanese kana)... I was going to put Ah!, but then I figured a simple A! will suffice for people who do get it. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue

btw, I tried out some transparency (and real transparency this time). Input?
Boo!~ This isn't "real" transparency! XD

At first sight, it looks perfectly done, but upon highlighting it I see a bunch of the excessive white spots; you don't have to remove all the whites since totally removing them will destroy some curves and details in the picture, but at least trim them to a minimum. That said, I like how you've slapped your name across her visor; it lacks perspective and seems slightly unnatural, but it serves its purpose well. Oh, and I prefer borders for her shirt. 8.5/10
Old 2004-09-12, 23:17   Link #4195
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
okay. finally got "Save for web" option back on photoshop ^^

Ambience blue- nice, work was put into this. 6/10

sarcasteak- i think those small spots are acceptable, and that its fine for a first time work.

EDIT: score. it worked.

Damn Jpeg. im going to have to try something special this next avatar. any suggestions? lolikon? yuri? nosanninwa's graduation picture?

Edit by NoSanninWa
No! Don't show them that graduation picture!!

*NoSanninWa screams in horror!

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-09-13 at 01:08. Reason: Didn't want to rate another avatar
Old 2004-09-13, 04:15   Link #4196
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

hobo --> that girl looks messed up... the character looks like she just experienced the worst day of her life... I like the splatter of blood in the background... [ 83% ]
sarcasteak --> pretty nice vector avatar... we don't get much of that around here... [ 87% ]
Old 2004-09-13, 09:38   Link #4197
Marlin
Sakura's so cute!

Send a message via MSN to Marlin
PriestessKikyo : You avatar is not so clean as it first appeared...

See the difference?

Now it's worth 8/10
Thnx for the attention people...

NoSanninWa : Nice gif animation, it got me scared.. lol 8/10
Ambience Blue: HELL YEAH! Firefox rules... these people think i didn't made my avatar transparant.. off course internet explorer doesn't know what to do with it... i rate your avatar 9.999/10 for helping me out..!
Prince of Chronics: I like your sig better 7/10

Last edited by Marlin; 2004-09-13 at 09:50.
Old 2004-09-13, 13:51   Link #4198
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

sarcasteak > */me dies from overcuteness* 9/10

Shadowlord > Hmm..nothing special about this one, but it's well done so 7/10

PriestessKikyo > I like the blueness of your avatar, and the pic is rather nice, 8,5/10

hobbsy> Argh...! I'm getting dizzy from looking at your avatar original though 5/10

Necrodeath > lol this is the result of NSW's conspiration I like how it puts that "Hmm..what was that mysterious avatar?" feeling ( Don't worry, I saw it ) 8/10

NoSanninWa > I am a Kino fan o/ The first time I saw it, I was surprised by the animation, which is quite good. I like your personnal "cross" trademark. The only thing that bothers me is that your avatar is a bit too dark 9/10

Ambience Blue > The background is rather plain, but I like how you discreetly put your name on it, plus the girl is cute 8/10

hobobaggins > I don't really like how the girl is looking at me ><! /me scared! 2/10 ><!

Prince of Chronics > Hmm...evil look, the size fits rather well with it 7,5/10

Marlin > Nice colors, original, you should have removed the light brown background (Doh~ I've just seen your little note about IE ^^; ). For some reason I don't really like when there's the username in the avatar ( in fact I don't think it needs to be in there, because we can read it right above the avatar ) 6,5/10
Old 2004-09-13, 15:17   Link #4199
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Hellychan I prefered the previous ones but this one's cool too ^^ I like the mix of both faces in the same frame. C'est jolie. And the girl is kawai too ^^ 8.5/10

Prince of Chronics I like OneP and you ava is cool too but is it a gif.? Anyway 8/10.

Hobo No border looks bigger °°___°° 9/10

sarcasteak You are more like a gif's person are you ? ^^ I like Azumanga but your gifs are always waay better then this.

aahhsin cool! I love Thany too ^^ 10/10

Necrodeath ?? I mean... do you mean Ecchi ?? who punished you with such a major fault?
Old 2004-09-13, 16:13   Link #4200
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin
PriestessKikyo : You avatar is not so clean as it first appeared...
Spoiler:

See the difference?

Now it's worth 8/10
Thnx for the attention people...
[/b]
Alright, guilty as charged. That happened because I was too lazy to select pixel by pixel and just used the magic wand instead. I also had noticed the bottom one, but it was after I had finished, so laziness and my assumption that no one else would notice prevented me from bothering.

Thanks for fixing it for me I made the replacement.

Hellychan I *love* the border style. Good capture of her face, lotsa cutesy 9.4/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Necrodeath ?? I mean... do you mean Ecchi ?? who punished you with such a major fault?
No, they mean icky... As in gross
It was a picture of a bloody tongue with some object cutting through it... And NoSanninWa was the "punisher" hehe

I really like the vivid colors in yours, and the border style too. The text seems to make it a bit bluttered though 9.2/10
Closed Thread

Tags