AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 9 6.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 13.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 14.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 14.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 11.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 7.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 18 13.95%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-29, 01:11   Link #241
EternalSpringFlower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Agree, really undermines her character, and what makes it worse is that she was already a bad character.
All of them are, if you ask me. Slaine is a mess, and not just because of his angst. Inaho is like frozen fish. They are all written in illogical ways and it's not even for the sake of plot twists because we don't get any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
That's if you have a grip on your faction. Asseylum didn't have that so she married someone who can give her that grip, Klancain.
So they listened to her before when she had been a princess engaged to the Terran guy they hated, now she is Empress and they won't listen to her unless she is engaged to some guy who just barely inherited his title.
Old 2015-03-29, 01:13   Link #242
Tormenk

I take it to mean the capital Vers receives in reactor production will actually circulate to the citizenry, by mandate of Empress Asseylum of course thereby solving some of the existing problems. As weak as the rest of the finale was, I don't have much of a problem aside from the common sentiment that it could have been a whole lot better.

Saaz really should have carried the mandate of main antagonist instead of Slaine imo. Easier investment and buildup for him and Slaine for the usual 'I need your help to save her!' development to make peace with Inaho at the end. Still would have been mediocre but a whole lot better of a method to end things instead of Slaine going 'oh well I'm done' and suicide rush because his followers told him so.

Forgettable as a whole but S1 packed a good mix of mecha and music to be enjoyable. Pity on the second half's development.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2015-03-29, 01:28   Link #243
EternalSpringFlower

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
He has a better chance coming to terms with all that regret and death if he is still alive. Asseylum most likely hoped that in time Slaine would remeber the person he used to be and if that smile at the end was any indication he did.
But what's the point of it--if it isn't to punish him more?

If he remembers the person he used to be, and he is then forgiven and absolved-- that's too easy and that doesn't happen anyway.

If he remembers the person he used to be, and he is then stuck regretting everything for his whole life... not ever seeing Asseylum again, not doing anything, just being sorry and hating himself--that's more cruel than killing him. That's not called freeing someone from their misery. That's called a harsh punishment, a fate worse than death.

So unless Asseylum actually plans to free Slaine from the prison after he shows enough repentance and return him to her side--which I'm sure everyone will agree is 99% impossible--then it makes no logical sense.

Well, it makes sense within the frame of the vengeance theory, but neither Inaho nor Asseylum are shown to be devious enough for that.

So we have Inaho risking his own life in order to give Slaine a more cruel punishment, which is just, well... Asseylum is supposed to care for Inaho more than that, right?
Old 2015-03-29, 01:46   Link #244
monster

Well, that's that. It's not great, and maybe too sudden, but otherwise, I can't say that I have much to complain about either. Blaming Slaine for the assassination attempt was surprising, though somewhat understandable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalSpringFlower View Post
But what's the point of it--if it isn't to punish him more?

If he remembers the person he used to be, and he is then forgiven and absolved-- that's too easy and that doesn't happen anyway.

If he remembers the person he used to be, and he is then stuck regretting everything for his whole life... not ever seeing Asseylum again, not doing anything, just being sorry and hating himself--that's more cruel than killing him. That's not called freeing someone from their misery. That's called a harsh punishment, a fate worse than death.

So unless Asseylum actually plans to free Slaine from the prison after he shows enough repentance and return him to her side--which I'm sure everyone will agree is 99% impossible--then it makes no logical sense.

Well, it makes sense within the frame of the vengeance theory, but neither Inaho nor Asseylum are shown to be devious enough for that.

So we have Inaho risking his own life in order to give Slaine a more cruel punishment, which is just, well... Asseylum is supposed to care for Inaho more than that, right?
A more cruel punishment? Did you not see Slaine smiled at the end? I don't know if he'll ever get out, but he can still have a better life even within prison. In some ways, he can be freer now than he ever was outside of prison.
Old 2015-03-29, 01:58   Link #245
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:

Actually there are a couple ways that Asseylum could get him out:

1. She could stipulate in the treaty that Slaine, and all other Vers prisoners are to be treated as prisoners of war under international guidelines. In this case, he would have to be released and returned to Mars on cessation of hostilities.

2. Asseylum could make the case that, having attained noble status in Vers officially made Slaine a citizen of the Vers Empire. In that case, she could have him extradited to the Empire to face charges there. However, given that is Asseylum we are talking about, she would probably proceed to grant him a royal pardon.

Quote:
So the series makes it a point to tell us that the feudal system is inherently bad, so bad even a villainous figure feels the need to change the society, but once the good princess becomes the ruler, all is right with the world and the feudal system is suddenly perfectly acceptable.

Also, them not bothering to explain what Aldnoah actually is just... it's the crucial centerstone of the whole story, how can you just ignore it like that?
Unless there is indeed one more season coming.
Personally, I always assumed that it was implied that Aldnoah technology would soon be usable by any person, and, in light of that Asseylum would probably not be able to keep her position as an absolute monarch even if she wanted to. And in any case, I don't see Asseylum as becoming a despot. I suspect the Vers Empire would be gradually transformed into something more resembling a constitutional monarchy.
Old 2015-03-29, 02:07   Link #246
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Actually there are a couple ways that Asseylum could get him out:

1. She could stipulate in the treaty that Slaine, and all other Vers prisoners are to be treated as prisoners of war under international guidelines. In this case, he would have to be released and returned to Mars on cessation of hostilities.

2. Asseylum could make the case that, having attained noble status in Vers officially made Slaine a citizen of the Vers Empire. In that case, she could have him extradited to the Empire to face charges there. However, given that is Asseylum we are talking about, she would probably proceed to grant him a royal pardon.
Actually, considering Slaine was officially announced as being dead, all they have to do is release him and make him use that holographic technology to hide himself in public.
Old 2015-03-29, 02:11   Link #247
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

What people are forgetting.
When a son receives his father's heritage after his death.
He not only receive your goods, as in the case of the father have some debts, this debt is passed to the son, Son becomes the responsalvel by the parent debts.
Slaine inherited Saazbaum heritage, this package is Also included his crimes.
Old 2015-03-29, 02:44   Link #248
azurestratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post

2. Asseylum could make the case that, having attained noble status in Vers officially made Slaine a citizen of the Vers Empire. In that case, she could have him extradited to the Empire to face charges there..
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Actually, considering Slaine was officially announced as being dead, all they have to do is release him and make him use that holographic technology to hide himself in public.
If they put Slaine in some luxury Martian house arrest for 10 years, I'm sure he can be released and no one will recognize him.

Last edited by azurestratos; 2015-03-29 at 03:16.
Old 2015-03-29, 03:26   Link #249
Sixth
Hu Tao

Is it just me or all those who hated this finale was Slaine's fans?
Old 2015-03-29, 03:30   Link #250
cyth
Banned

What's funny to me is people crying over Asseylum's decision to "save" Slaine by sending Inaho after him, saying life is the worse punishment. Dude deserves to be dead, but not because he is entitled to anything. He should by all rights suffer, he is a genocidal maniac after all.
Old 2015-03-29, 03:38   Link #251
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
What people are forgetting.
When a son receives his father's heritage after his death.
He not only receive your goods, as in the case of the father have some debts, this debt is passed to the son, Son becomes the responsalvel by the parent debts.
Slaine inherited Saazbaum heritage, this package is Also included his crimes.
That's not quite what happened here. Slaine was implicated in the plot to assassinate Asseylum, so it's not simply a matter of bearing the responsibility as heir to Saazbaum. In a way, Slaine's image is now being used for peace just as Asseylum's image was used for war earlier in the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
If they put Slaine in some luxury Martian house arrest for 10 years, I'm sure he can be released and no one will recognize him.
Not necessarily, as his face was publicly known and the possibility of being recognized would still be there.
Old 2015-03-29, 03:39   Link #252
azurestratos

I sense some discrepancies.

Slaine putting Asseylum in house arrest, and does what she doesn't want him to do. Brand her as War Princess.
=Slaine is doing the best for hime.
=Hime is stupid.

Asseylum putting Slaine in house arrest, and does what he doesn't want her to do. Brand him as War Perpetrator.
=Hime is stupid.
=Slaine is suffering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Not necessarily, as his face was publicly known and the possibility of being recognized would still be there.
10 years can change a man's face very much, especially since Slaine is still a teenager. Or maybe I looked at too much celebrities "10 years after puberty" images. lol.
Old 2015-03-29, 03:41   Link #253
astranabeat

Asseylum - need husband to make peace 'cause I can't do anything on my own. solution married guy A. what about Inaho? nah, just friend.

Slaine - save him by letting him rot in a cell .

best ending ever.
Old 2015-03-29, 04:09   Link #254
Mubyoshi

Lol, the fuck kind of ending was that!? WTF!?
Old 2015-03-29, 04:16   Link #255
nooneagain

okay I revisited the A/Z site, now I finally get the countdown. But what could it be for?
Old 2015-03-29, 04:18   Link #256
monster

Quote:
10 years can change a man's face very much, especially since Slaine is still a teenager. Or maybe I looked at too much celebrities "10 years after puberty" images. lol.
It depends on the growth rate within that 10 years, the health/hygiene condition, and possibly some other factors, so it's not a guarantee. My face as a 28-year-old has not changed that much from that of my 18-year-old self, and I believe Slaine's current age is somewhere around there.
Old 2015-03-29, 04:23   Link #257
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Well, he could don a moustache and dye his hair black to look more like Saazbaum.
Old 2015-03-29, 05:02   Link #258
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Would be better if the whore died. Chicks whose words carry 0 weight aren't worth the trouble.. In all honesty, Slaine should have just let her rot inside her bubble and went with Lemrina, someone who legitimately cares about him. Ugh, terrible anime.
Old 2015-03-29, 05:40   Link #259
azurestratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Seylum ask Inaho to save Slaine from his misery = Slaine ends up misearable in prison
Funny. Slaine saving Asseylum also ended up Asseylum caged miserably in prison. Let justice be done, I suppose.

EDIT; for some reason I think we are gonna get something special after the countdown in A/Z site.

Hopefully its an OVA.
Old 2015-03-29, 05:50   Link #260
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Would be better if the whore died. Chicks whose words carry 0 weight aren't worth the trouble.. In all honesty, Slaine should have just let her rot inside her bubble and went with Lemrina, someone who legitimately cares about him. Ugh, terrible anime.
lol, what nonsense...

Quote:
I sense some discrepancies.

Slaine putting Asseylum in house arrest, and does what she doesn't want him to do. Brand her as War Princess.
=Slaine is doing the best for hime.
=Hime is stupid.

Asseylum putting Slaine in house arrest, and does what he doesn't want her to do. Brand him as War Perpetrator.
=Hime is stupid.
=Slaine is suffering.
buhuuuhuuu
I'm a Slaine fan/apologist and everyone is mean to poor little Slaine
buuuhuuhuhuuuu

It's easy to see why there are discrepancies.
Closed Thread