AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-02-27, 13:40   Link #3461
Kaito Yamakage

I've noticed that over the past few months a number of older series that had stopped 6~ months ago have started up again.

A lot of the author seem to have gone on 2-3-5-6-12 month breaks then started up again.

Also, barriers has some amusing events going on with the plot moving again for anyone who reads it. n3718co
Old 2016-02-27, 15:06   Link #3462
cabman11

I've been wanting to make a thread for barriers for a while now but I'm too lazy
Old 2016-02-28, 17:52   Link #3463
Breimn

Can soneone remind me of that reincarnation in a side game chara with MC turning OP but not being able to defeat maou cause plot armor so he leads events in background to turn into like the game and occasionally helping hero s party with advices?
For exemple i remember it was told that he sent hero to pick up a legendary sword when MC himself had hid it there beforehand.
And i think he was travelling around with an heroine who was supposed to be dead.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 18:19   Link #3464
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Can soneone remind me of that reincarnation in a side game chara with MC turning OP but not being able to defeat maou cause plot armor so he leads events in background to turn into like the game and occasionally helping hero s party with advices?
For exemple i remember it was told that he sent hero to pick up a legendary sword when MC himself had hid it there beforehand.
And i think he was travelling around with an heroine who was supposed to be dead.
Severus Snape from HP, that should be precise (Dumbledore might be even bette).
No, well I am sure I read about it somewhere on the forum, but as I was not much interested I can't remember the name...r
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 18:27   Link #3465
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Are you talking about the Sage of the sword?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=140102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Severus Snape from HP, that should be precise (Dumbledore might be even bette).
No, well I am sure I read about it somewhere on the forum, but as I was not much interested I can't remember the name...r
I'm recommending it. It's pretty good it's not your typical story
Old 2016-02-28, 20:18   Link #3466
Kaito Yamakage

There's hetares and then there's this guy: n6421dd
I mean he's basically hetare as well, but hetares have their own game, why can they not at least manage sex by chapter 6 like this?!

Another villager series with stats: n3830dd
Surprisingly good, I'm really hoping it stays solid. MC isn't a retard.

Magic Swordsman with stats. Meh. n8343dd
It has room to grow but not anything great yet.
Old 2016-02-28, 20:40   Link #3467
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
There's hetares and then there's this guy: n6421dd
I mean he's basically hetare as well, but hetares have their own game, why can they not at least manage sex by chapter 6 like this?!

Another villager series with stats: n3830dd
Surprisingly good, I'm really hoping it stays solid. MC isn't a retard.
I've been reading these two as well.
For the first, the MC has the mysterious ability to make half of the women he meets wet for him upon a glance. And then the girls just press him to have sex and he doesn't decline because it's not like he has a girlfriend or anything. No 'but this wrong!' shit with no reasons as to why it's wrong like the average hetare.
Showing no motivation toward a relationship on his own still makes him a hetare though, I guess.
Oh, and if the whole heroines orgasming over the food the MC makes with generic remarks thing annoys you, there are a couple of chapters of that. I thought I recalled someone saying that shit annoyed them.

The villager one is surprisingly enjoyable, though I don't like the constant status updates. It just makes me think that the author is trying to cheaply up the word count by spamming it so much.
I also found it amusing how the dragon king said he can't accurately predict the future because of the MC's actions, and then said literally something bad had a 100% chance of happening because of him. That's not how that works.
The setting is pretty promising since it's basically the average 'villager' MC doing his damnedest to not get overtaken by the 'hero' heroine, since heroes getting stronger is extraordinarily easy and villagers get hardcore nerfs on strength gaining.

The third one doesn't really catch my interest just from the summary.
I really wish the Japanese knew how to write attention-grabbing summaries. Because they don't.
I even see novels where the summary is just 'will add later,' and one was even literally the entire plot of the novel summarized from beginning to end.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 02:41   Link #3468
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
Are you talking about the Sage of the sword?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=140102

I'm recommending it. It's pretty good it's not your typical story
Tt. It is it.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 03:48   Link #3469
Rasty

While reading one novel, I met an link to other WN site (I have not read the rules, but this should be prohibited, well who cares), kakuyomu.jp, does anybody know anything about this site?
Old 2016-02-29, 04:24   Link #3470
travelingbum

well you gotta go to the title page to see the description.... searches don't have repeated results i guess?
randomly shown titles.

the fanfic/spinoff stories for lns.

so if you spot any syosetsuka titles on there, you would have to go to the syosetu page to read.
though there are those started on kakuyomu as well.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 10:45   Link #3471
aurel1

why when i use google translate to browsing nocturne i cant pass age verification..?
Old 2016-02-29, 10:54   Link #3472
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
While reading one novel, I met an link to other WN site (I have not read the rules, but this should be prohibited, well who cares), kakuyomu.jp, does anybody know anything about this site?
Oh, what a coincidence, the author of Oyaji Terrorist gave a link to kakuyomu too

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurel1 View Post
why when i use google translate to browsing nocturne i cant pass age verification..?
Don't use google translate to browse then
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 11:16   Link #3473
Solmiki
Skybound

I stumbled upon this site, www.akatsuki-novels.com. Seems to be the same as kakuyomu.jp
and contains parody/fanfic of anime series.
Its top wn is 転生とらぶる.
Solmiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 12:01   Link #3474
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Oh, what a coincidence, the author of Oyaji Terrorist gave a link to kakuyomu too
Well I read about it in n9863da. Well I was too tired (and lazy) to look on the site before going to sleep.
Old 2016-02-29, 16:32   Link #3475
Rasty

Started reading Maou no Hajimarikata and I have to say that it is great. It has been long since I have laughed so much while reading a novel. While it is completely different than the novels I usually read it is really interesting. Also, the fact, that "THAT" kind of scenes is not prolongued and slowing down the story despite it being on nocturne is great. Is there a reason this novel does not have a thread there yet? Or does it simply get worse later on?
Old 2016-02-29, 16:53   Link #3476
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

^There's one in the Manga Threads.
Quote:
Stop answering that your below 18 years old then.
Old 2016-02-29, 18:22   Link #3477
cabman12
Banned

Quote:
Replace novel18 with nkx in the browser
cabman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 18:43   Link #3478
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Oioioi Cabman
What the fuck with that avatar now?

You're shade wuhugm now?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 18:58   Link #3479
Kaito Yamakage

wuhugm Platinum.