Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Gundam ACE
I believe that's a magazine though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm guessing people are talking about something else entirely when it comes to the stories for their games though.
The plot of their games. Thats what I've been harping talking about since the beginning they have some really ... questionable plots to say the least. Other than that, they manage to hit almost the rest else on the fun scale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
If I had one criticism of them though it would be that they always seems like they are riding other pre-established power houses coat tales both in terms of who they choose to work with and the projects they end up doing. First it was SCE during the PS2 era with Dark Cloud, then Square-Enix with the Dragon Quest franchise, then Nintendo with Professor Layton and Inazuma Eleven, then Studio Ghibli for Ni No Kuni, and now apparently Sunrise with the Gundam franchise. That's going to always leave them looking fairly second rate IMO.
That's how they are, and to be fair, I don't think it would make them look second rate, as they are more than able to make good games ... just with bad stories.

It's just how they are climbing that ladder to success, by getting their hands working on higher and higher profile projects.
Old 2011-06-28, 17:19   Link #1602
Araxiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Hell, many AU Gundams can have "Gundam" removed from the name and no one would be none the wiser - ex. Turn A being one of the best examples of this both thematically and aesthetically.
The reverse could probably work just as well- you could take many mecha series, tweak the lead machine aesthetically so it has a Gundam face and a V-fin, and there'd be a great deal of fans who'd be pleased with it as a Gundam series.

Not that I mind much either way. Gundam or not, I just love mecha.
Old 2011-06-28, 23:41   Link #1603
justavisitor

but still, the brand "gundam" still worths something...at least, to me, I always expect the gundam series I watch in that year will be head and shoulder above the rest in terms of plot and graphic at that same time frame, and so far, all the gundam series that I have watched haven't disappointed me (but I haven't watched seed-d tho XD)

But, perhaps this is the first time I think that the graphic in a gundam series could be done better. it's not like w, or seed where the style is different, it just seems like this is not the top product they can produce. it's the first time I have this feeling regarding to the gundam show.

and to me it's pretty obvious that this new show is trying to get to the younger audiences..otherwise there is no point to adapt this kind of graphic presentation. So it's pretty funny to read that staffs are trying to defend the show saying it's just the normal show and not intended for younger audience. Drawing attention from younger audiences is nothing to be ashamed of. If you don't want to be misinterpreted, then don't try to make it easy for others to interpret wrong

But, still, got to see the show before I can pass any real judgement but that's my impression of the show so far
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 05:37   Link #1604
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
any news yet on who is gonna voice the main cast?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 07:15   Link #1605
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
but still, the brand "gundam" still worths something...at least, to me, I always expect the gundam series I watch in that year will be head and shoulder above the rest in terms of plot and graphic at that same time frame, and so far, all the gundam series that I have watched haven't disappointed me (but I haven't watched seed-d tho XD)
If you enjoyed 00, i don't think AGE or Seed-destiny will be an issue for you

Kind of shocked that some people are writing this series off, before seeing even one episode, because of the character design.
As for Origin, wouldn't it better to keep that series in a separate thread, than mix it with AGE? Because it has nothing to do with this series.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 07:44   Link #1606
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
and to me it's pretty obvious that this new show is trying to get to the younger audiences..otherwise there is no point to adapt this kind of graphic presentation.
There's no question that they made the designs a bit younger to attract younger audiences, but that doesn't mean that they are dumbing it down so only kids watch it, that its a "Gundam for kids". Just like the addition of gimmicks to Gundams is meant to attract people who buy models, but does that mean the actual show is purely meant to be a toy commercial? Not at all. You add things to your show so that you get the broadest audience possible.

The thing is that Gundam had always tried to target kids as part of their regular audience... Haros, kids on battleships, Tori, giant robots, etc. So this is no different, and I think that's what the creators were trying to explain.
Old 2011-06-29, 09:28   Link #1607
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Talking about toy....

The Gundam AGE "Gage-ing" Haro.

Quote:
Bandai Mobile Suit Gundam: Haro Managing AGE gay [Boys]

Tools for Managing battle at home and enjoy the gay. By Geijingu the Model and figures appeared on the screen of MS you! You can battle with the built-in liquid crystal. You can even send a letter to the target device to gain staging point, the better the fight against gay staging more battle.
Rakuten, you need a proof reader
Old 2011-06-29, 09:52   Link #1608
bio9205
Reborn

"Enjoy the gay"? "Gay staging"? I lol'ed hard.

(Yeah I know it's a translation error, but still.)
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 20:51   Link #1609
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qWAbpCzJdo...VI/s1600/b.jpg

Anyone know if the writing next to the purple Gafran says anything new?

The SD Gafran seems to come with a beam rifle.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2011-06-29 at 21:04.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 21:06   Link #1610
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qWAbpCzJdo...VI/s1600/b.jpg

Anyone know if the writing next to the purple Gafran says anything new?

The SD Gafran seems to come with a beam rifle.
"There is also color variation".

The SD Gafran actually looks really good O.o. I think I prefer it much more than the normal one.
Old 2011-06-29, 21:07   Link #1611
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
"There is also color variation".

God forbid they shed light on why the damn thing is purple.

Anyway, what about the AGE Gundam in the prototype colors? Is that another kit, or action figure?
Old 2011-06-29, 22:35   Link #1612
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Talking about toy....

WTF!!! hard gay would be proud about this...
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 08:06   Link #1613
Amuroray
Banned

Heard about gundam orgins getting turned into a anime.Thank god.Knew that wouldnt let that gundam age crap get released without something else being release aimed at the older fans.

If this is done well it could be great and should be better then the orginal MSG,which was really good itself
Amuroray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 10:40   Link #1614
Araxiel

Quote:
Talking about toy....

So, um... what precisely* does it actually do?

*I will also settle for 'vaguely'
Old 2011-06-30, 13:59   Link #1615
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Gafran in purple looks quite nice. Reminds me of Tieria a bit.
Old 2011-06-30, 14:13   Link #1616
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Hmm, let's see. Purple is darker than red, so it wouldn't be 3 times as fast. However, it's lighter than black, so it should be twice as fast than a typical Gafran.

So about 2.5 as fast?
Old 2011-07-01, 06:13   Link #1617
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I saw this posted at 4chan.

Quote:
5:30 - 6:30pm @ Live Programming 1 > The very first Official Gundam panel presented by SUNRISE and Bandai Entertainment. Yasuo Miyakawa (Senior Managing Director) and Shin Sasaki (General Manager of the Gundam Division) from SUNRISE will be attending to speak about Gundam's fascinating future!

>No Gundam 00 TV on Blu-ray
>No Gundam movies on Blu-ray
>enjoy Gundam Age dubbed on cartoon network
The part about AGE on Cartoon Network, it can't be true, right? It's WAY too early to set up a US release.
Old 2011-07-01, 06:26   Link #1618
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I saw this posted at 4chan.

The part about AGE on Cartoon Network, it can't be true, right? It's WAY too early to set up a US release.
:: Raises eyebrow::
Wow, so they willingly hitting both markets. I wonder if they will be anything particularly american to attract us
Old 2011-07-01, 11:18   Link #1619
Araxiel

Dubbed versions of the Unicorn episodes came out right on the heels of the Japanese versions, so it's plausible.
Old 2011-07-01, 16:15   Link #1620
JC...
I am a Pie

Those alien like suits look awesome, however the Gundams are a real eye sore. Especially that Ugly one with the huge red parts.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote