AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > No Game No Life

Notices

View Poll Results: No Game No Life - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 15 23.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 28.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 29.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-07, 19:37   Link #61
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Ah Jibril, so much fun.

I like how Steph is portrayed as a strong woman in her own right. Doing proper political maneuverings and such, she just sucks at reading people in games lol.

Still this was an interesting downtime episode, though I certainly cannot wait for the next one. Its my favorite game in this series.
Which really is absurd, considering those two activities pretty much require the same skills...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2014-05-07, 19:48   Link #62
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
(though it's quite unbelievable that Steph would be such an idiot when it comes to games if she's so good at administration. I mean, she may not be the best gamer ever, but every person with a bit of knowledge of math/statistics has heard of the blackjack trick!)
I think the method of cheating in blackjack via maths become well known is just because there're some people written books on it and there are also TV programmes and internet that help spread that. Don't think there will be many people knowing it 100 years ago, not to mention Elcheia is at the age that books are valuable.

-------

btw, as shown in the preview, seem like Steph will die next week. So let's r.i.p. for Steph first.
Old 2014-05-07, 19:53   Link #63
The Green One

The Steph bullying is such a strange thing. They abuse and humiliate her, brainwash her into loving Sora which she struggles to retain control of her mind in regards to and dress and/or strip her out of her humiliatingly indecent outfits even in public. Simply put she's their personal plaything. All of this treatment would normally make me cringe in disgust and have a less then complementary opinion of Sora and Shiro. And yet this show is so over the top shameless about it, all of the above things have somehow managed to cross back over sick and wrong and somehow be hilarious and make me laugh about it!

That's why this show is awesome. It's just so over the top you can't help but love it for it's strangeness and how it can warp your perception on things.

Of course this is just one small aspect of while this show is great. I'm glad I picked it up.
Old 2014-05-07, 20:14   Link #64
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Which really is absurd, considering those two activities pretty much require the same skills...
Steph isn't completely helpless and was likely a strong contender for the crown, She's just a little too honest to be top teir

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One
The Steph bullying is such a strange thing. They abuse and humiliate her, brainwash her into loving Sora which she struggles to retain control of her mind in regards to and dress and/or strip her out of her humiliatingly indecent outfits even in public. Simply put she's their personal plaything. All of this treatment would normally make me cringe in disgust and have a less then complementary opinion of Sora and Shiro. And yet this show is so over the top shameless about it, all of the above things have somehow managed to cross back over sick and wrong and somehow be hilarious and make me laugh about it!

That's why this show is awesome. It's just so over the top you can't help but love it for it's strangeness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix
I pity Steph, and think Shiro is starting to become the annoying sister that tries everything to kill her brother's love life before it can even begin.
While she is right to not just let him do whatever he pleases with Steph, this episode made it look like she deliberately tried to get in the way of even the smallest development. (Or just accidentally killed it at all).
Spoiler for LN info:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2014-05-07, 20:37   Link #65
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
I think Steph is very mentally capable, but she doesn't have anywhere near the same drive to win that Sora and Shiro have. She's smart, but she's also honest and good-hearted at her core. Perhaps too well-natured.

Sora and Shiro on the other hand are ruthless and do anything and think of anything to succeed.
Old 2014-05-07, 21:16   Link #66
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
That's why this show is awesome. It's just so over the top you can't help but love it for it's strangeness and how it can warp your perception on things.
I agree with this. The absurdity is almost JoJo level (and aptly there are numerous JoJo reference as well). It's one of those shows, when it's just so absurd and enjoyable a few plot holes don't matter.
Old 2014-05-07, 21:33   Link #67
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hoooooo Yukarin voice!! Yes!!
I can't understand any single English that Flugel said

Steph's abuse is something she brought to herself... it seems the siblings also want to lift some stress from her
anyway, she is smarter than she looks... splitting power from major nobels power to press the rebellion... she is doing a good job

this episode is a joy to watch... totally enjoyed it and laughing a lot...
Old 2014-05-07, 22:53   Link #68
Dark Wing

I loved Shiro's evilness in this episode!

"I'm only 11 years old and don't know any better."

Yea right! I how many of us have actually met kids that young who knew a whole lot more then they let on?
Old 2014-05-07, 23:23   Link #69
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Anyone else notice the face Shiro made when Sora commented on Steph's cookies? She be jelly. XD

Ok, a significant part of the first chapter was excluded in this episode. That kinda sucks, they glossed it over by only mentioning the tilted bed part.

The Steph abuse was done exceptionally well & they even added more fanservice/Steph humiliation than the source originally had, so that's a plus. The humor was also well placed & not overdone. The serious bit was also well timed & pulled off excellently. The music also helped establish the serious mood.

Jibril has appeared. Finally, the best girl (for me) has debuted. I can't wait for next week. Ps. I also like Steph, but she's my second fave girl. Sorry, but Jibril comes first.

--------------------------
Also, yes. Steph is a capable girl. She's just really gullible, sucks at psychological warfare & can't identify elaborate cheating.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-05-08, 00:21   Link #70
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post

Of course this is just one small aspect of while this show is great. I'm glad I picked it up.
I know what you mean, I sorta am the same. I generally hate things as forcing someone into love (like a love potion effect) But Sora wasnt fully aware of the extent of the consequences Steph was going through and was unintentional in his spur of the moment. Thus I let it slide because the way they have helped Steph since, and tease her when she really has it coming sorta gives off a good air. It seems to me she doesnt mind it anymore and hasn't really made any attempt since to break the spell but rather attempt to get back at Sora in other ways when she gets wounded up.

Yay the Flugel is here! finally ^_^ My most anticipated character of the series so far, but I kinda hope No Game No Life will be more than 12 episodes O_o Since its already up to episode 6 D:

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2014-05-08, 00:35   Link #71
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Jibril...best girl...
Quoted for truth. S**t's about to get real. ^_^
Old 2014-05-08, 01:25   Link #72
takai
Easy Muffin

Great episode, and still remains to be very fun. It's just sickening how quick these episodes go by too. Waiting every week is so painful.

Despite Steph being terrible at games, she shows a lot of heart and determination. Plus it seems she's more than meets the eye in terms of intelligence. Someone a few pages back had mentioned her being more suited for the real world, because she's got some great skills, she's smart, and well-off. This was a good observation. Meanwhile, Sora and Shiro seem to be nothing short of perfect for this world.

All in all, fun stuff. Very excited to see the new character in the next episode.

Also Sora is MC of the year.
Old 2014-05-08, 01:30   Link #73
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I think Steph is very mentally capable, but she doesn't have anywhere near the same drive to win that Sora and Shiro have. She's smart, but she's also honest and good-hearted at her core. Perhaps too well-natured.
I'm honestly hoping that there comes a game at some point in the story where Steph is forced into the role of player for the fate of all Imanity. I'd honestly love to see a level of growth in Steph in that respect, and have [ ] acknowledge that she's finally achieved the level they were at when they arrived.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2014-05-08, 02:28   Link #74
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
I think the method of cheating in blackjack via maths become well known is just because there're some people written books on it and there are also TV programmes and internet that help spread that. Don't think there will be many people knowing it 100 years ago, not to mention Elcheia is at the age that books are valuable.
Well, that's true, but Steph clearly has studied lots of stuff, maths included. While the specific trick Sora was using was rather peculiar, the simple concept of counting cards in a game that is played with a single deck is pretty straightforward. Anyone with some basic knowledge of math would realize that much.

Not that I mind too much, it's just another nonsensical thing - like Zoro's impossibly bad sense of direction in One Piece, Steph is simply TERRIBLE at games, no matter what. But given all she said I can't blame the Blank siblings for thinking she was an idiot .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-05-08, 02:44   Link #75
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post

Sora and Shiro on the other hand are ruthless and do anything and think of anything to succeed.
And that's why the saying "One does not simply win by pure chance and luck!" applies. If you know the game, you'll definitely win.
Old 2014-05-08, 03:02   Link #76
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Steph is definitely cute when she roars at people when she doesn't get something. :3 That's probably her greatest strong point, even more so than her actual intelligence. Meanwhile, the "spirit of the library" is keeping Imanity's average IQ from raising, and the next enemy is gonna confuse you with dat Engrish.

Will Episode 06 explain why Jibril is best girl? We'll soon find out.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-05-08, 05:52   Link #77
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

If it wasn't obvious enough, Shiro loves Sora. That clear enough for you to understand her motive?
Old 2014-05-08, 06:43   Link #78
itisjustme

I don't enjoy random tame ecchi stuff and Steph's so hopeless you can straight see in the first 3 seconds she's never going to win a game, this ep was a bit of a let down. Also it's fine if Shiro clings to Sora in a possessive he's my bro we've always been together way but I'll be disappointed if this degenerates into an actual incest theme.
Old 2014-05-08, 07:06   Link #79
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Steph is definitely cute when she roars at people when she doesn't get something. :3 That's probably her greatest strong point, even more so than her actual intelligence. Meanwhile, the "spirit of the library" is keeping Imanity's average IQ from raising, and the next enemy is gonna confuse you with dat Engrish.

Will Episode 06 explain why Jibril is best girl? We'll soon find out.
Well I'm not even sure she actively keeps people from reading books - she might even allow them to judging from her first vocal impression.

It looks more like people are extremely afraid to approach her - I mean people were afraid of thir own (former) princess jus because she had animal extremeties.

Personally I neither got an Angel nor a ''Like death itself impression when she decended from her - no idea why Sora was sweating so much.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-05-08, 08:11   Link #80
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Well I'm not even sure she actively keeps people from reading books - she might even allow them to judging from her first vocal impression.

It looks more like people are extremely afraid to approach her - I mean people were afraid of thir own (former) princess jus because she had animal extremeties.

Personally I neither got an Angel nor a ''Like death itself impression when she decended from her - no idea why Sora was sweating so much.
Chalk it up to poor execution
Spoiler for How the scene was written:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Closed Thread