AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-23, 13:43   Link #141
alex_drian

A good ending and I'm safistied with it.

Quite appropriate for a final battle and the outcome.

All who disappeared in the battles come back and regain their bodies (some didn't deserve it) and almost all of the LRIGs obtained a body except maybe Carnival and Layla and Yuki who is united with Tama (I suppose they was inserted in the reality as if always have existed, kinda like Shakugan no Shana). The afterffects of the battles seems to have dissapeared too or at least fill in the holes.

Chinatsu recover her memories and suffered just enough for them. Everyone can live their lives hereinafter and play Wixoss without fear of evil shit happening. Oh, and Kazuki come back, but fuck him, he doesn't miss in the least, not me at least.

Whatever the case, this marks the end of the story of Kiyoi, Ruuko ans Suzuko but don't worry, in the future surely we have more Wixoss, but it will be a completely new story, in another universe without relation to this, with new characters, new dangers and new enemies...and hopefully in Mortorcycles...or VR?

Last edited by alex_drian; 2018-06-24 at 18:04.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 15:21   Link #142
wissenschaft

selector infected WIXOSS and selector spread WIXOSS (the first and second season) had the best story. The ending was perfect. There really didn't need to be any continuation.

A new season where the two differne casts got to interact was an interesting idea but too bad it was only 1 cour. It really need 2 cour.
Old 2018-06-24, 15:59   Link #143
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Lostorage conflated WIXOSS. Final Thoughts

So this marks the end for the Lostorage series to WIXOSS.

To be honest, the execution in terms of battles before the last two episodes was satisfying throughout this season, though the last battles against Carnival and Layla ended underdeveloped and much to be desired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
selector infected WIXOSS and selector spread WIXOSS (the first and second season) had the best story. The ending was perfect. There really didn't need to be any continuation.

A new season where the two different casts got to interact was an interesting idea but too bad it was only 1 cour. It really need 2 cour.
My biggest issue with Lostorage is that it is an unnecessary sequel to the previous Selector series in the WIXOSS franchise. As you pointed out, everything was resolved at the end of Selector Spread when Ruuko released Mayu from her cage of loneliness and despair.

There wasn't any reason to continue the storyline using the same characters though since WIXOSS is a franchise, then I guess the producers felt the need to continue milking the cow. Hence, limited writing dictated to play it safe with the plot, and, hence, they explored the venue with the room of White Windows always possessing a will of its own since the beginning; being the receptacle to all those wishes that were never realized or lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta
Spoiler:
I do agree with the pacing and cour issues due that rather than creating a whole, brand-new series to explore more in-depth Kiyoi and, thus, further developing both new and old characters by properly splitting it into two cours (as they did with the Selector series) instead they opted to get a single sequel to lostorage intended to give an excuse for both generations of characters to interact with each other while giving rise to new predicaments with the selector battles.

I am happy that the last battle didn't turn out to be the typical, Selector battle but with just one cour to try developing the new story made Eternal into such an underdeveloped character. To me her release did not evoke the same catharsis as did Mayu's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian
A good ending and I'm safistied with it.

Quite appropriate for a final battle and the outcome.

All who disappeared in the battles come back and regain their bodies (some didn't deserve it) and almost all of the LRIGs obtained a body except maybe Carnival and Layla and Yuki who is united with Tama (I suppose they was inserted in the reality as if always have existed, kinda like Shakugan no Shana). The afterffects of the battles seems to have dissapeared too or at least fill in the holes, like the reincarnation of Sakiguchi?

Chinatsu recover her memories and suffered just enough for them. Everyone can live their lives hereinafter and play Wixoss without fear of evil shit happening. Oh, and Kazuki come back, but fuck him, he doesn't miss in the least, not me at least.

Whatever the case, this marks the end of the story of Kiyoi, Ruuko ans Suzuko but don't worry, in the future surely we have more Wixoss, but it will be a completely new story, in another universe without relation to this, with new characters, new dangers and new enemies...and hopefully in Mortorcycles...or VR?
Well, Ulith never returned at all in Lostorage as she got what she reaped at the conclusion to Selector Spread, however, they have to mess her fate at the end of the compilation film, IMO. Hence, if they want to make another compilation film, this time for Lostorage, then I guess they could give happy outcomes for Layla, Carnival, and Satomi.

Nonetheless, the issue is that unlike Selector, Lostorage is not split into two cours rather into two different plots following each other. So, to make a compilation film to work they would have to change or rearrange some things and making Kiyoi the primary MC for that film to work.

Anyways, returning to the end for Lostorage conflated, yes, it truly left a smile upon myself knowing that everyone, save for the antagonists, got happy endings: for the Selectors their memories back, for Lost Selectors returning back from nothingness, and Lrig becoming human girls with real bodies, though that already happened at the conclusion to Selector Spread.

Last but not least, the music for WIXOSS is quite unforgettable and emotional for many times throughout both series. Cyua is truly memorable having sung all endings from Selector to Lostorage.

This may be the end of Selector battles for this timeline or in-universe or continuity, but we can rest assured for better or worse that as long as the producers want to keep on milking the cow, surely, we'll have more WIXOSS anime in the horizon; let us see what promises does 2020 will hold for the franchise.

Last edited by Guido; 2018-06-24 at 17:37.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote