AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-12, 12:42   Link #61
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well this definitely sets up what should be a strong next episode. Akutsu's anger has been set to the boiling point. Of course unless his powers get restored back to normal there's just no hope at all. Not that he's got great odds with this guy not being a pushover and Lily's mental state being ripped to shreds. If she can recover and maybe let out her own avatar they might be able to force this guy to back off. But it's hard to say.

What is clear is that Lily's situation was even worse than it looked. True enough that Lily could fake the wings against someone that wouldn't have any experience against other angels. But in the end she was doing her best to keep up her guard at all times. Whether it was hiding that branding on her body or her lack of wings. Doing her best to keep up a front, but the whole thing being incredibly fragile.

Have a feeling it's the kind of thing where Lily definitely has wings, she just hasn't been able to bring them out yet. Being seen as wingless and being abused at home, likely left her without the will to even try and grow further. But for now her situation isn't a good one.

I kind of wonder if Akutsu's boss will actually be the one to bail them out of this ? He did report in before jumping in there. So maybe backup actually will step in?
I feel like Akutsu either is able to bring out his full power or his boss shows up. There's no other way for them to get out of this .
Old 2024-03-18, 12:30   Link #62
Frontier

Akutsu has a great boss! She seems to really care about him as an employee and has a gorgeous office lady look (the perfect for a full panning shot)! Though I wonder if she knows more about him than he does ?

Zwei thought he could degrade Amane and her pride in front of Akutsu, show off his real angel wings, and get away with it? Not when Akutsu finally unleashes his inner demon and HIS black wings and totally wrecks Zwei and his avatars. It wasn't even a fight, Akutsu beat them thoroughly and was practically beating Zwei to death .

Oh, NOW it seems like Zwei secretly always cared about Lily and just was just powerless to do anything for her, unlike Akutsu. Come off it. Even if he's never physically hurt her, he's still guilty of plenty of emotional abuse. I would've been fine letting Akutsu end him, but Lily is probably right that it would just make Heaven come after him, especially when he's become a rage monster that will attack anyone, even Lily .

I guess if Zwei is useful for anything, it's being a punching bag and weakening Akutsu enough for Lily to finish him off and bring back the kind and sweet Akutsu that she cherishes. And for her effort, she even gets princess carried home !

Akutsu's intentions are pure! He just wants to change Amane's clothes so she doesn't sleep in dirty clothes! It's not like he WANTS to undress her! Though luckily Liliya showed up just in time to unbutton her and flash her mistress' bra and boobs at Akutsu. Guess that was HIS reward .

Dang, Amane was holding Liliya back the whole time? While she had to struggle with all the dark and sad emotions Amane was feeling at the time? That's pretty rough. Though that also means she felt the pure love in Lily's heart heart, and the joy, when
Akutsu showed up to save her .

It's even more meaningful learning that Amane has always been a perfectionist and worked so hard to impress her family, despite being the black sheep they all look down on, but Akutsu is the person who breaks past her defenses and her cover image to the emotionally vulnerable girl within and lets her be herself. And Liliya is eternally grateful to him for that !
Old 2024-03-18, 16:41   Link #63
Alchemist007
*Author

It was a bit funny that she claimed her brother never hit her, like emotional abuse is ok. Then the next minute gets smacked by devilman.
Old 2024-03-18, 19:12   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
To be honest I'd have preferred to kill the brother and then snap him out of it. But I suppose ideal results weren't on the table. Once Aktusu went berserk there was a good chance he'd just kill Lily as well. At least it was pretty satisfying him go all SSJ2 Gohan and crushing the minor opponents before quickly beating down Lily's brother. That was pretty fun .

Surprisingly there was no actually demonic backup that arrived. Which pretty much means that his boss expected things to play out like this. At the very least she knows what he's capable of and wasn't worried about an angel or two actually killing him.

Just leaves the question of what's up with Akutsu? Humanoid weapon created by the devils to desperately push back against the Angels? Possible considering they'd recognize the power that wings would provide. But might be a fallen angel that was taken in by the devils and had his past erased. Though I'm not sure since for some reason he was being used to recruit a spokesperson instead of...being given training to draw out his powers.

A scary idea that Lily's suppression of Akutsu's powers might have still been active even during all that chaos. What if that was all that was stopping him from busting out 12 wings instead of just 6 ?

Some good moments to be sure though. The victory was satisfying even if I didn't care much about the efforts to actually stop Akutsu. Even if obvious it was also sweet to have it really spelled out what was filling Lily up when Akutsu showed up to the rescue.

Now to just get a bit of aftermath with this couple. I'd be surprised to see a second season, but I'd enjoy one.
Old 2024-03-25, 12:49   Link #65
Frontier

Akutsu has earned Liliya's eternal gratitude for being there for Lily and breaking her free from the prison of her own pride! And Akutsu doesn't regret helping her at all! She doesn't even need to blackmail him with Final Flash shots of them in an intimate moment to make him keep helping her! Though bold of her to be willing to offer her boobs up too .

Lily wakes up in Akutsu's bed, wearing his shirt, and no bra...no surprise she jumps to conclusions, though Liliya ends up being the one who dies in the process .

Lily could use Akutsu's special situation to her advantage to gain clout and cover for herself...but she cares about him too much to do that .

Akutsu's boss talks about working hard for demons...but she's totally just cosplaying, isn't she ?

Look at Lily, wanting to stay the night at Akutsu's! She just can't help her feelings and attachment to Akutsu at this point. And it helps that she has Liliya to pick up all her essentials for a sleepover !

No matter how much these two deny it or try to obfuscate their feelings, they can't deny the domestic intimacy they lean into together. Especially when Lily ends up getting out of bed just to pull up Akutsu's covers...and do more, by expressing her feelings for him in the only way she can right now, with a nighttime kiss while he sleeps !

Look, Goku and Luffy are back to close the show out and fist-pump at the ship sailing !

Lily is in love with Akutsu! She's satisfied just having those feelings and the newfound freedom they give her! Though she would be even more happy if she knew he felt the same way (which he does) as this Foolish Angel and Devil continue their life together. They're even studying the title of their own show in English class .

I guess if Zwei did something right is making it clear that nothing is going on with Lily, so their older sister will leave them alone...for now .

But of course there's enough craziness going on in this pairs' romcom when Lily catches Akutsu with his boss glomping onto him. It never really ends for these two, does it ?
Old 2024-03-25, 12:49   Link #66
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Sort of bummed this series didn't find more of an audience. I really liked the manga though and the adaptation was competent overall, so I'll say 8/10. Hopefully it gets S2 someday.
Old 2024-03-25, 15:41   Link #67
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Sort of bummed this series didn't find more of an audience. I really liked the manga though and the adaptation was competent overall, so I'll say 8/10. Hopefully it gets S2 someday.
I also enjoy the manga, but the art downgrade was one large detractor.

The dealbreaker was the casting. I really enjoy Sakura Ayane and the other VAs, but the way they directed them was very off-putting. I personally didn't feel that any of them fit the roles in the way it was performed.

I think many other fans of the series had a similar reaction.

edit:
To clarify, I watched the trailer and immediately decided to stick with manga-only. I expect much of the existing fans did the same. I think the adaptation could have worked if the existing cast swapped around a few roles.

Last edited by ryllharu; 2024-03-25 at 16:02.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-25, 16:26   Link #68
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-25, 16:59   Link #69
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
I also enjoy the manga, but the art downgrade was one large detractor.
That's almost inevitable with an adaptation. This series didn't get the same care as something like Bokuyaba either, though, and its got a similar problem (probably worse) in that the first few episodes aren't really representative of the series. I didn't really mind the casting though. To each their own.
Old 2024-03-25, 17:05   Link #70
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
That's almost inevitable with an adaptation. This series didn't get the same care as something like Bokuyaba either, though, and its got a similar problem (probably worse) in that the first few episodes aren't really representative of the series. I didn't really mind the casting though. To each their own.
I think it is a stretch to say that it is inevitable. It first depends on the source material. Quite a few series the past year have had substantial upgrades to the art in their adaptations, but a series like this, yes, it is to be expected unless funding was pouring in.

The art I can let pass, I couldn't do the same with the VO direction.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-26, 23:19   Link #71
Frontier

Honestly I feel like the voice cast is what sold it best, especially Yuma Uchida and Ayaneru, especially when it came to the crazy comedic moments and the more sincere, emotional ones.

Also when the animation needed to go hard, it went hard.
Old 2024-03-28, 22:02   Link #72
Alchemist007
*Author

While containing some tropes and convenient obstacles, this was a decent romcom with occasionally decent art.

7/10