AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-06, 14:55   Link #21
Strahan

I kind of like the government/psychic bit. Makes it interesting to see how he'll balance his other world business with his work life now. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before his colleagues find out he's not a basic icicle psychic. I wonder if there will be a scene in the future where someone claps him in some anti-psychic restraint and he gets to escape and/or blow them away since he's not psychic heh.

If I were him, since he has gov income flowing in he should just buy a crapload of supplies and do like weekly or monthly deliveries to the fantasy world. Having to do it every day seems a bit much.

Also struck me weird that the bird is cool with being in the cage during the day. Knowing that it's a person and not a bird, it's not like you have to worry about them escaping or shitting all over the place.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-07, 04:17   Link #22
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
If I were him, since he has gov income flowing in he should just buy a crapload of supplies and do like weekly or monthly deliveries to the fantasy world. Having to do it every day seems a bit much.
I think it's mentioned that there is a time-difference between the two world's (not exactly said by how much).
Meaning, while it like a week on Earth, it might be like a month in the Isekai.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-07, 19:52   Link #23
Strahan

An hour there is minutes here. So yea, monthly may be a bit much since you'd have to haul over half a year's worth of goods heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-09, 18:09   Link #24
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hoshizaki made a terrible impression so far, both on behalf of her organization (I get registering psychics, but not shanghaiing them before they even know what's what), and personally (I don't do early mornings).

And Sasaki's business is questionable, if he hasn't started monetizing what he's getting from the other world. That should have been a priority.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-09, 19:08   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And Sasaki's business is questionable, if he hasn't started monetizing what he's getting from the other world. That should have been a priority.
I actually didn't get why he was unable to become filthy rich in Japan. The firs transaction alone would have made hm a millionaire, and the stuff he sells to the other world barely cost anything.
Old 2024-01-09, 20:17   Link #26
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Hoshizaki made a terrible impression so far, both on behalf of her organization (I get registering psychics, but not shanghaiing them before they even know what's what), and personally (I don't do early mornings).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I actually didn't get why he was unable to become filthy rich in Japan. The firs transaction alone would have made hm a millionaire, and the stuff he sells to the other world barely cost anything.
There's a couple of reasons I think he hasn't so far. One he would first need to exchange the gold for cash, and he would need to find someone who won't question where he got the gold from. Especially as he's getting a insignificant amount of gold coins and would need to do exchanges somewhat regularly.

Then once he has cash he may have to be careful how he deposits it. I don't know about Japan, so maybe it's not a concern, but in the US if someone deposits more then 10K or does a series of deposits totaling 10K or more then banks are required to notify the IRS. (https://lanterncredit.com/banking/de...-more-than-10k) And, well if you suddenly start depositing large amounts regularly, you could end up with someone knocking on your door asking questions.

And, while he could just stash the money away at home it's generally not the best idea, or particularly convenient.

Now that he has a better government paying job, he might be able to sneak in some extra cash and not look to suspicious. But, definitely not a millionaires worth of money.

Either way I hope the show actually addresses this.
Old 2024-01-10, 05:42   Link #27
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2024-01-10, 07:22   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Then once he has cash he may have to be careful how he deposits it. I don't know about Japan, so maybe it's not a concern, but in the US if someone deposits more then 10K or does a series of deposits totaling 10K or more then banks are required to notify the IRS. (https://lanterncredit.com/banking/de...-more-than-10k) And, well if you suddenly start depositing large amounts regularly, you could end up with someone knocking on your door asking questions.

And, while he could just stash the money away at home it's generally not the best idea, or particularly convenient.

Now that he has a better government paying job, he might be able to sneak in some extra cash and not look to suspicious. But, definitely not a millionaires worth of money.

Either way I hope the show actually addresses this.
Yeah, if they asked to justify where he got all that gold from, he'd be in trouble. I guess he was planning on moving to the other world eventually? The first transaction alone got him the equivalent of 40 million yen in buying power in the other world according to him (400 million yen in Japan). That's already a lot.
Old 2024-01-10, 09:28   Link #29
grecefar

Normally in isekai between world the mc has a game system were he can change both currency and become rich quickly.

With cloudedmind explanation this has been the more realistic I've seem. And those are gold coins that don't exist in this world, any buyer will investigate not matter what.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-10, 12:16   Link #30
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Yeah, if they asked to justify where he got all that gold from, he'd be in trouble. I guess he was planning on moving to the other world eventually? The first transaction alone got him the equivalent of 40 million yen in buying power in the other world according to him (400 million yen in Japan). That's already a lot.
That would probably be the easiest/safest option. People would already know him as the merchant with the weird goods in the other world. Of course he'll need to decide if doing so is worth giving up his world's modern conveniences, which I feel so many isekai shows just gloss over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Normally in isekai between world the mc has a game system were he can change both currency and become rich quickly.

With cloudedmind explanation this has been the more realistic I've seem. And those are gold coins that don't exist in this world, any buyer will investigate not matter what.
He could make the coins look slightly less suspicious by melting the coins himself, and turning them into bars/ingots which isn't super hard to do. You can buy a mini furnace off of Amazon, for a couple hundred. But, yeah, you'd still have to explain where all the gold came from even in bar form.
Old 2024-01-10, 14:39   Link #31
HandofFate

I liked this one.
The magic vs. psychics stuff is gonna be interesting. And I really like the salaryman vibe he gives off.
Old 2024-01-10, 19:01   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
That would probably be the easiest/safest option. People would already know him as the merchant with the weird goods in the other world. Of course he'll need to decide if doing so is worth giving up his world's modern conveniences, which I feel so many isekai shows just gloss over.
Honestly, I think I have yet to see an isekai where the MC complains about the lack of everything related to modern toilets and the bad hygiene in general. I would find it very hard to get used to, but none of them have any problem. If I get Isekai'd, please let it be to a futuristic society, not a JRPG set in medieval Europe. I think the key may be to get killed by something other than a truck, like maybe a plane.
Old 2024-01-11, 01:12   Link #33
scififan

Quote:
Honestly, I think I have yet to see an isekai where the MC complains about the lack of everything related to modern toilets and the bad hygiene in general. I would find it very hard to get used to, but none of them have any problem. If I get Isekai'd, please let it be to a futuristic society, not a JRPG set in medieval Europe. I think the key may be to get killed by something other than a truck, like maybe a plane.
The World's Finest Assassin was killed by a fighter jet. Rudeus Greyrat can use water magic. So, keeping a good hygiene with magic is alright.

There are several manga about trading with isekai, or simply starting an enterprise in isekai. This anime takes different perspective, because the guy is forced to become a Man in Black.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-11, 02:30   Link #34
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
In the Gun-ota isekai, the MC has a whole thing about pushing his (magic-based) ersatz of modern Japanese toilets.

Re: making Japanese money. Maybe he couldn't make millionaire money, but he could easily make "groceries + schlock for the other world + a few extras" money.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2024-01-11 at 17:28.
Old 2024-01-12, 07:59   Link #35
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2024-01-12, 09:05   Link #36
Huh...?

So, our 39+ years old MC is being surrounded by Teenagers?

We already have 3 of them, and i guess even the Kimono one might be one as well.

Old 2024-01-12, 10:21   Link #37
scififan

Pii-chan is constantly impressed by Sasaki's accelerated leveling up of his magic. Sasaki's business in isekai is going very well. Back to Japan, he is giving a task to arrest espers who are not in compliance with Japan's secret law. He is nervous because he is not trained to be an law enforcement officer. On the other hand, there is no law publish about esper regulation. Sasaki's voice actor, Sugita, uses Kyon's voice pattern form Suzumiya Haruhi. I am not certain if it is intentional or not.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-12, 14:02   Link #38
grecefar

so what was the point to make hoshizaki underage?, only to make sasaki's harem all underage?

I didn't like that. Besides that it was a nice chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-12, 17:07   Link #39
Tenzen12

Quote:

He could make the coins look slightly less suspicious by melting the coins himself, and turning them into bars/ingots which isn't super hard to do. You can buy a mini furnace off of Amazon, for a couple hundred. But, yeah, you'd still have to explain where all the gold came from even in bar form.
Even if it's fantasy world, it's super unlikelly these coins are pure gold and I doubt Amazons furnace can easily separate different metals in who knows what alloy...
Old 2024-01-12, 17:36   Link #40
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
so what was the point to make hoshizaki underage?, only to make sasaki's harem all underage?

I didn't like that.
Yeah, I'm not super comfortable with that either. And even putting the harem aside, the "government agency" was already shady enough without putting guns in minors' hands and telling them to go fight superpowered battles.