Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-08, 13:58   Link #81
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Love this series, its like a satire of previous isekai animes. The MC is overpowered with a one hit kill that help him deal with any BS you find in other isekai animes.
It's the anti-shonen anime series you never knew you needed. Dragons, no need for half an episode of bad animation battling flying lizards and dodging fireballs, just "DIE". Zombies rampaging through a city under siege, no need for hairbreadth escapes, just "DIE". Giant kaiju from another world, evil mages with diabolical plans, traps and mimics and bandits and monsters and Dark Lords and sickening miasmas and coliseum battle arcs that take up half a series in a regular shonen anime, "DIE". How refreshing.

We are getting the bad animation though. Maybe that should die too.
Old 2024-02-08, 14:03   Link #82
Greenish Growth

I remember enjoying this part of the web novel. It kind of just breezes by in the anime though so the mood doesn't last long at all before they die.

I think I miss the parts where characters realize they are about to die, but there is nothing they can do about it. Everything happens in slow motion. They wouldn't be able to do that much in the anime, but it was still fun to read.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-08, 16:27   Link #83
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I've only read the manga, which wasn't much more detailed aside from a couple points. Like, the little swordfighter girl asked if she was supposed to kill the boy with a little reluctance because she wanted to "keep" him to "play with" later.

More than animation, I dislike obvious translation mistakes. Like, the half-demon tells Takatou that she's already gathered her points and they translate it as "I'm already GATHERING" points. Makes no sense when he's asking her not to fight: if she's in the process of gathering points then she'd need to kill them after all.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-08, 23:21   Link #84
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

I really hate that spirit of hers, my ears are hurting so bad.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 02:45   Link #85
scififan

So, the purpose of the "goddess" intentionally sent the unlucky guy to the tower, so he will become the sacrifice. The goddess communicates with the guy through her replica. Her parting words is also quite dark.
Spoiler:

The architect of the tower confirms the tower itself is the death trap.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 05:00   Link #86
Lex79

The fact that Tomochika is willing to bear the responsibility together with Yogiri for the people he kills is one of the traits that make her a great heroine.
Old 2024-02-09, 05:24   Link #87
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The goddess communicates with the guy through her replica. Her parting words is also quite dark.
Spoiler:
What's dark about that part?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 06:47   Link #88
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
the coloring of bikini part

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 10:34   Link #89
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
It's the anti-shonen anime series you never knew you needed. Dragons, no need for half an episode of bad animation battling flying lizards and dodging fireballs, just "DIE". Zombies rampaging through a city under siege, no need for hairbreadth escapes, just "DIE". Giant kaiju from another world, evil mages with diabolical plans, traps and mimics and bandits and monsters and Dark Lords and sickening miasmas and coliseum battle arcs that take up half a series in a regular shonen anime, "DIE". How refreshing.

So true and I hope the mc and his friend make it home.
Old 2024-02-09, 13:52   Link #90
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
I think they were implying necrophilia...
Old 2024-02-09, 21:16   Link #91
Strahan

I chuckled when I saw they cut the bit about using her body out. We have stuff like Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete this season... I really don't think merely having some suggestive implications would be a big deal heh.

When she was getting ready in the morning, and he's like "Dannoura..." I was kinda hoping he'd follow with "stop. don't put your hair up; it's not a good look" lol. She looked so much better with her hair down. Not a fan of twintails. Ironic I guess, given my avatar, but Milim also looks much better in the bath scenes when she has her hair down too

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post

Yea, it is refreshing not having to spend whole episodes on drawn out battles. Also pretty funny when they hype someone up then they just drop dead like that lol

Last edited by Strahan; 2024-02-09 at 22:19.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-12, 06:50   Link #92
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think they were implying necrophilia...
Rather than Necrophilia, it was more like Agalmatophilia.

I mean, that wasn't a real body as it would disintegrate in a few hours after the Goddess left. Real Body or Corpses don't just disintegrate like that.

So, it's more better to call it a Doll or Golem which is realistic.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-15, 12:03   Link #93
Frontier

So now Yogiri and Tomochika are caught up in a side-quest for Theodisia to find her sister and her people trapped in the tower...as if they don't have enough to deal with in this tower .

I kind of feel bad for the finalists. They make it to the end just as everything is falling apart and demons start attacking, and they start dropping like flies as Oghaim, who kills almost as casually as Yogiri, keeps offing them. Frederica also loses an arm to Lute who turns it into a sweet to eat. Yeah, not great .

But hey, Lynel actually summoned his Goddess! Only it turns out that not only is Vahanato basically working with the demons to eradicate humanity, she's the Dark Gods' lover! And she's been using people to free him this entire time! Lynel was just a patsy whose bad luck she was banking on to screw things up enough to free the Dark God. And Yogiri's killed the only people who could actually stop her. Things are not looking good .

Poor Theodisia's people...experimented on for their magic and turned so grotesque. Theodisia can take only a little solace that her sister isn't among them. The Swordmaster seemed pretty fishy in general, so there's no tears shed when Theodisia quickly beheads him like the scumbag he is .

Wow, things sure went downhill quick, huh? Vahanato frees the Dark God who Yogiri had already killed making this all pointless, the Divine King is finally free, Oghaim and their forces are all quickly killed off by Yogiri, Vahanato goes insane but isn't a target of Yogiri because she's not directly attacking him...oh, and Aoi and Hanakawa show up looking for Yogiri. Good for the group though because Aoi is the one that makes Rick realize he can kill Vahanato and end this !

Aoi was not prepared for the end of all things personified in a human boy. One look at him is enough to make her puke and try desperately to get on Yogiri's good side and offer up Hanakawa if that would be enough to placate him and then she gets out of there as quickly as she arrived. Which is probably why she ended the episode alive .

Oh, so Euphemia WAS Theodisia's little sister! I hope they reunite some day, especially since Euphemia is now free of mind control .

I love how Yogiri enjoys his alone time with Tomochika too much to form a party with everybody else even though most of them are heading to the royal capital. Got to prioritize time with your lady .

So Yogiri and Tomochika are on a direct route to the capital, the rest of the group are taking the long way, and Hanakawa is still easily forgettable. Though he also is found by Lute who wants him to explain what happened even though he has no better idea than Lute does. I almost feel bad for the guy. Almost .

Sion is starting to realize she can't completely ignore Yogiri and summons one of the scientists from the lab in Japan who not only has a locator for Yogiri but seems keen to find him again...or he would if Yogiri having activated leads to him (and potentially anyone else involved in the project) getting their heads blown-up. And Sion finally starts to understand just what kind of monster she inadvertently brought over to her world
Old 2024-02-15, 13:07   Link #94
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Some scenes were a little rushed this time, and honestly the translation was off in a bad way.

For starters, Vahanat didn't tell Lynel that meeting her was his most unlucky moment. She said that she met him BECAUSE his luck (or fate value) is the absolute worst. Similarly, she didn't say she searched all around the world, she said she searched all KINDS of worlds.

Overall, this series has gone a little light on the description and definition of "fate values".
Spoiler:
Old 2024-02-15, 15:34   Link #95
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

To think I almost dropped this one after the first episode

Yogiri's 2 classmates who were confirmed to know who he really was did say something about how the first gate has been opened, but they never got beheaded the same way the research guy did, either they're not really involved or high enough in the hierarchy of those researching or containing Yogiri and are merely assigned as observers, or their cellphone device thing malfunctioned and research guy's beheading thing unfortunately worked as intended after he was summoned to this world.

Not enough info right now to know what Yogiri really is, or why the opening the first gate make the heads of people from the Institute explode like that. I thought his teacher was the one going to be summoned, instead it was the guy who led the teacher down the elevators, maybe the next episode has some more info.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-15, 16:53   Link #96
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
To think I almost dropped this one after the first episode

Yogiri's 2 classmates who were confirmed to know who he really was did say something about how the first gate has been opened, but they never got beheaded the same way the research guy did, either they're not really involved or high enough in the hierarchy of those researching or containing Yogiri and are merely assigned as observers, or their cellphone device thing malfunctioned and research guy's beheading thing unfortunately worked as intended after he was summoned to this world.

Not enough info right now to know what Yogiri really is, or why the opening the first gate make the heads of people from the Institute explode like that. I thought his teacher was the one going to be summoned, instead it was the guy who led the teacher down the elevators, maybe the next episode has some more info.
I assume the death sentence only applied to people involved in the project, Yogiri's observes just work for the Japanese/American governments.
Old 2024-02-16, 01:15   Link #97
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Not enough info right now to know what Yogiri really is.
You actually have your answer this episode.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 02:40   Link #98
Lex79

Aoi showed us the correct way to deal with Yogiri. You realize you are powerless against him, then do your best to not get on his bad side. Puking is not a strict requirement, though.
Old 2024-02-16, 11:24   Link #99
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I assume the death sentence only applied to people involved in the project, Yogiri's observes just work for the Japanese/American governments.
Makes sense, if they're aware of him that doesn't necessarily mean that they're also working for the Institute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
You actually have your answer this episode.
Eh I'm too dumb to actually figure it out right now, I need more clues lol
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 13:43   Link #100
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Eh I'm too dumb to actually figure it out right now, I need more clues lol
Watch Puss in Boots.
Spoiler for to quote: