AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-15, 19:43   Link #61
carmolita

I love this anime and was soo glad they animated it since the novels are sooo well-written and detailed and the series is still ongoing. I too am wondering how far they will get in the anime. It's possible, they may deal with the 5th loop since they showed that beach in the credits. Rishe is meeting Arnold 5 years before the war and there's going to be a lot of twists and turns in this series but so far the animation is done well and the actors are on point with the character's personalities and emotions. I got to see all my favorite parts especially the carriage scene when Arnold tried to take his sword back. And since he left those bandits alive Rishe realizes that there may be more to what happened to start the war because Arnold doesn't seem like a tyrant.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 10:42   Link #62
scififan

No one denies she's the prince's new found toy.

She wears cloak in her fifth loop. So, her secret agent occupation is confirmed.

scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 10:51   Link #63
Frontier

Rishe is settling into her new life as the crown princess of Galkhein, and finally meets her future husband's right hand man, Oliver! He seems like a pretty pleasant and affable fellow, and as committed to Arnold as Arnold seems to be to the kingdom, though even he makes it come off like Arnold only sees Rishe as a toy that amuses him .

Time for a party! And Rishe looks so stunning in her dress that she takes Arnold's breath away! And thanks to gloves the two can finally partake in protected handholding !

They were going to have to reveal the engagement at some point, so no time like the present. And Rishe's had to be the center of attention with her broken engagement so much that all the reactions to her now she can just brush aside...even if there are plenty of disappointed noble ladies upset he's off the market

Must be really surreal to hear the man who killed you in your past life saying he'll protect you in this one...only to then want to cross swords with him in training so you can learn the moves that he killed you with .

Speaking of swordfighting, even the pairs' spectacular dancing feels like a duel as Arnold immediately takes the lead while Rishe uses every opportunity to try to steal it away from him, but he matches her move-for-move to the delight of onlookers. And then he ends up dipping her to close it out, like a legend !

Rishe isn't about to get thrown off by the pranks of haughty noblewomen, she can see it coming and then drink spicy wine like it's nothing. Though it was cute how Arnold finished it for her so she didn't have to drink more. The couples' first indirect kiss .

Rishe realizes there's something on the left side of Arnold's body, and it turns out to be a severe and developed scar, implied to be from multiple sword attacks. And it sounds like he got it at a pretty young age. Was he tortured? He definitely doesn't seem to want to talk about it .

No surprise Rishe is working with the "lowly maids" since she was one of them in a past loop, though that also makes her recognize the real situation going on with the maids. And set up her epic reveal scene where the maids all realize she's the new crown princess, undercover boss style .

Well, yeah, to the surprise of no one she hires all the common maids for her and shuns the more experienced who were practically bullying them...and lets Diana go while also making her realize how much luckier she had it compared to the other maids with her education background and how she didn't realize how much of a privileged position she was in as a result. Though to Diana's credit, she realizes she screwed up and failed the other maids and apologizes for her actions .

And it's with that perspective that Rishe now hires her to be a teacher! Both to teach maids properly and to teach them to actually read and write, so that if they ever want to try to be something else (like Rishe did) they can have that opportunity .

Rishe is finally going to meet someone else from her past loop! She wants to get in with the Aria Trading Company immediately, and reunite with Kaine, and no better way to start things off than by really selling herself as a high class and rich noblewoman with a gorgeous and fancy dress .
Old 2024-01-21, 14:13   Link #64
zeross87

i'm thinking maybe his father trie to kill him when he was young for whatever reason and that is why he kill him later ?

i also wonder what tipped rishe that diana would be a good teacher ? she didn't seem interested in teaching newbie nor even thinking about it. appart for the fact that she can read and right what made her think that would lead to be good at teaching ? well luckily she seem good at teaching but that seem a rather lucky guess
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 15:42   Link #65
Marina2

Diana has been teaching the job for other maids before that. She just didn't do it in the way that they can understand properly and officially.
Old 2024-01-21, 18:32   Link #66
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
I love this anime and was soo glad they animated it since the novels are sooo well-written and detailed and the series is still ongoing. I too am wondering how far they will get in the anime. It's possible, they may deal with the 5th loop since they showed that beach in the credits. Rishe is meeting Arnold 5 years before the war and there's going to be a lot of twists and turns in this series but so far the animation is done well and the actors are on point with the character's personalities and emotions. I got to see all my favorite parts especially the carriage scene when Arnold tried to take his sword back. And since he left those bandits alive Rishe realizes that there may be more to what happened to start the war because Arnold doesn't seem like a tyrant.
Some readers think the anime will cover the 1st 2 novels, aka 2 loops.

I checked the webnovel and so far, the author has written 6 arcs/6 past loops. I am interested if the next arc will finally start answering the mysteries of the current loop.

Last edited by zztop; 2024-01-21 at 18:43.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 18:55   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was the best dance scene I've seen in a while. I think it even beats Frieren's because it was more than a mere dance. Really good stuff. Drinking the spiked wine without batting an eye was great too.

Arnold's even more mysterious now that it's been revealed he multiple deep scars on his neck and shoulders. He refused to elaborate further.

It was obvious Rishe would pick the newbie maid, but I didn't see the twist with Diana coming. I wonder what she would have done if she hadn't admitted to her mistakes and apologized. Would she have still offered her to become a teacher?
Old 2024-01-21, 19:21   Link #68
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was the best dance scene I've seen in a while. I think it even beats Frieren's because it was more than a mere dance. Really good stuff. Drinking the spiked wine without batting an eye was great too.
It also didn't have the random 3D CG of Tearmoon Empire's .
Quote:
Arnold's even more mysterious now that it's been revealed he multiple deep scars on his neck and shoulders. He refused to elaborate further.
It definitely isn't something he seems comfortable with even if he didn't resist showing it to Rishe.
Quote:
It was obvious Rishe would pick the newbie maid, but I didn't see the twist with Diana coming. I wonder what she would have done if she hadn't admitted to her mistakes and apologized. Would she have still offered her to become a teacher?
I assume Rishe is a good enough judge of character to realize Diana wasn't being malicious towards the other maids, just not understanding what the problem was.
Old 2024-01-21, 21:01   Link #69
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It also didn't have the random 3D CG of Tearmoon Empire's .

It definitely isn't something he seems comfortable with even if he didn't resist showing it to Rishe.

I assume Rishe is a good enough judge of character to realize Diana wasn't being malicious towards the other maids, just not understanding what the problem was.
That being said, she also understood that Diana really wanted to get picked.

Tbh, she could have probably said that she'll take them all and no one would have complained. In fact, she kinda did.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 22:42   Link #70
Marina2

Checked out LN for comparison, Rishe also asked Diana's friends (other senior maids) to teach the newbies along side her which effectively clear out the bad air between seniors and juniors member.

Last edited by Marina2; 2024-01-21 at 22:54.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-22, 06:51   Link #71
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Maybe he's a vampire?
Old 2024-01-28, 10:43   Link #72
scififan

I think this episode is lackluster. She approaches the merchant's guild because she thinks the trade can stop future war. She cannot tell anyone else about her plan. The younger prince approaches her.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-28, 10:50   Link #73
Frontier

Rishe plays the part of a high class noble lady, and knows Kaine Tully intimately enough to think she has the advantage, but as a budding tradesman Kaine can see right through her and knows there's more to this business opportunity than just preparing for a wedding...and he's keeping her on her toes .

I can't say I'm surprised Rishe does her own gardening (got to have all the herbs she needs to make medicine) nor that she isn't deterred from getting Kaine on her side as part of her plan. She just has to play into what she knows about him !

Of course Rishe can drink multiple men under the table without even getting tipsy. That's Seven Loops worth of alcohol tolerance I guess. Also, was not expecting bottle brunette Rishe .

Rishe has a business plan and she needs Kaine to fulfill it, and if she can show the success of her idea (whatever it ends up being), she'll be able to get Kaine to invest in her. High risk, high reward is what merchants live on, after all .

Rishe didn't really think she could slip out and not get noticed by Arnold, did she? The man is more aware of her than anyone, and he knows how to pressure her into acting the part of a proper lady despite herself. Though despite his kabedon and intimidating aura, he's not too bothered by her doing what she wants on her own terms or her business dealings, he's just genuinely worried for her safety. So that means more husband-and-wife outings together in the future !

7 Loops and Rishe never actually learned how to really cook! But a home-cooked meal from the wife is still effective for Arnold, even if she writes off his enjoyment as him having no sense of taste. But find a man who believes in you, enjoys watching you take on challenges, and enjoys your cooking !

So Arnold has a younger brother he warns Rishe about...and said brother is making dealings in back-alley places. That seems pretty ominous .

Of course she DOES end up meeting Theodore, voiced by Mariya Ise (who is doing pretty well this season), and he seems carefree and innocent sleeping on Rishe's garden...up until he tells her he wants to "save her" from his brother because he knows she's a hostage, not that she takes the bait. Definitely seems like there's tension between the brothers, so much so that the guards know to be wary of him .

Say what you will about Arnold, he truly cares for the people of his kingdom, so much to the point where he prioritizes their safety more than toeing the line to the regional lords, and he can get pretty ruthless to him...but Rishe's "you got this!" energy is able to temper him and make him work out a solution that makes everybody happy. But for someone who treats his citizens as a priority, how did he become a seemingly war-mongering tyrant ?
Old 2024-01-28, 11:04   Link #74
zeross87

maybe that younger brother is related to arnold scars, like maybe he attempted murder to remove him from the line of succession ? he seem very creepy so i'm sure he'll do something to rishe that his brother will get mad about, likely hiring thug to harass or kidnap her during her next night escapade.
i wonder what rishe idea for business will be ? considering she have both knowledge of alchemy and herbalism probably something along those lines. she already got what seem to be hanghover medecine so maybe more medicine for the poors ? or else going for the wealthy i'm sure she can alchemise cosmetics that could sell well.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-28, 18:52   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So far, Rishe's life is pretty far from carefree. The title didn't just lie about her being a villainess.

The prince who is probably secretly a girl is pretty creepy. Arnold specifically warned Rishe to stay away from him and she goes to meet him all alone in the middle of the night...
Old 2024-01-28, 19:06   Link #76
Rasty

^ I really hope she at least took her sword, but yes, it seems like a pretty terrible idea.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-28, 19:06   Link #77
Thor's Hammer

After the first three episodes, I was wondering whether this series will have a happy ending for the leads. Arnold has already made it clear he hates his country, the Galkhein Empire, in both Episodes 2 and 3. In Episode 2, he made it clear he dislikes that Galkhein bills itself as a meritocracy when people of low social status/humble origins are looked down upon. He also said to Rishe: “This country doesn’t possess anything worth your admiration or longing.” In episode 3, Arnold said to Oliver that he didn’t bring Rishe here to be my wife to benefit the imperial family or the nation, which shows he has no intent of helping the Galkhein Empire out materially in any way.

I wouldn’t call it the show’s subtext as it isn’t really hidden, but I believe the author wants readers and viewers to know that Arnold absolutely detests monarchies. Perhaps the whole reason for the world war that has killed Rishe in every loop so far is that Arnold wants to annihilate every monarchy in the world and start a worldwide revolution/reformation. He may have said during his negotiation with Rishe if it was for her that he’d be willing to do anything, but I wonder how true this will end up being if Rishe pushes back in any meaningful way upon learning about the utter contempt he has for his country and its ruling class.

This show could end up being a clash of worldviews, and either Rishe forces Arnold to look at the world from a different perspective other than his own, or Rishe will have to kill him by exploiting his old wound from his younger days. I see it fitting Rishe’s character to try to reform Galkhein peacefully after Arnold has died to honour his desire for the world to change. I think this story’s climax will be Rishe going up against Arnold and trying to beat him in a battle of wills. Maybe a different approach will be taken, but what I described makes sense to me given how early in the show we are finding out what kind of man Arnold is.

I believe Episode 4 perhaps indicates there's some merit to my belief that Arnold wants to start a worldwide reformation given he is implementing policies that benefit commoners. He probably wouldn't be satisfied with fixing the Galkhein empire and will set to destroy every monarchy in the world. If that's the case, Rishe will really have her work cut out for her if it's something Arnold has intended to do for years since it probably won't be something Arnold will easily back down from.

Theodore seems very suspicious. Maybe he is the one that have Arnold that nasty scar considering how he's trying to woo Rishe and "save her" from Arnold. His very creepy smiles suggests that the author does intend for viewers to find him suspect, and there has to a reason Arnold does not want Rishe interacting with him, going so far as to not even tell her the reason for doing so.

Rishe's garden and soup she made for Arnold probably indicate her plan is to offer the Aria Trading Company medicinal herbs that can be used in food for its health benefits and perhaps taste benefits as well.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-28, 21:04   Link #78
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ I really hope she at least took her sword, but yes, it seems like a pretty terrible idea.
I was thinking to myself whether she could hide any weapons in that dress...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
After the first three episodes, I was wondering whether this series will have a happy ending for the leads. Arnold has already made it clear he hates his country, the Galkhein Empire, in both Episodes 2 and 3. In Episode 2, he made it clear he dislikes that Galkhein bills itself as a meritocracy when people of low social status/humble origins are looked down upon. He also said to Rishe: “This country doesn’t possess anything worth your admiration or longing.” In episode 3, Arnold said to Oliver that he didn’t bring Rishe here to be my wife to benefit the imperial family or the nation, which shows he has no intent of helping the Galkhein Empire out materially in any way.

I wouldn’t call it the show’s subtext as it isn’t really hidden, but I believe the author wants readers and viewers to know that Arnold absolutely detests monarchies. Perhaps the whole reason for the world war that has killed Rishe in every loop so far is that Arnold wants to annihilate every monarchy in the world and start a worldwide revolution/reformation. He may have said during his negotiation with Rishe if it was for her that he’d be willing to do anything, but I wonder how true this will end up being if Rishe pushes back in any meaningful way upon learning about the utter contempt he has for his country and its ruling class.

This show could end up being a clash of worldviews, and either Rishe forces Arnold to look at the world from a different perspective other than his own, or Rishe will have to kill him by exploiting his old wound from his younger days. I see it fitting Rishe’s character to try to reform Galkhein peacefully after Arnold has died to honour his desire for the world to change. I think this story’s climax will be Rishe going up against Arnold and trying to beat him in a battle of wills. Maybe a different approach will be taken, but what I described makes sense to me given how early in the show we are finding out what kind of man Arnold is.

I believe Episode 4 perhaps indicates there's some merit to my belief that Arnold wants to start a worldwide reformation given he is implementing policies that benefit commoners. He probably wouldn't be satisfied with fixing the Galkhein empire and will set to destroy every monarchy in the world. If that's the case, Rishe will really have her work cut out for her if it's something Arnold has intended to do for years since it probably won't be something Arnold will easily back down from.

Theodore seems very suspicious. Maybe he is the one that have Arnold that nasty scar considering how he's trying to woo Rishe and "save her" from Arnold. His very creepy smiles suggests that the author does intend for viewers to find him suspect, and there has to a reason Arnold does not want Rishe interacting with him, going so far as to not even tell her the reason for doing so.

Rishe's garden and soup she made for Arnold probably indicate her plan is to offer the Aria Trading Company medicinal herbs that can be used in food for its health benefits and perhaps taste benefits as well.
I don't think he has a thing against monarchies so much as he cares more for his people than he does the aristocracy so that's his priority.
Old 2024-01-28, 21:20   Link #79
Thor's Hammer

I don't know how you watch Episodes 2 and 3 and don't conclude that Arnold hates monarchies.

In Episode 2, he made it clear without stating it outright that he believes people should be valued by merit instead of their social class with his talk about how Galkhein likes to bill itself as a meritocracy but those of low birth are looked down upon, which is extremely likely to be an issue not isolated to Galkhein but every other country out there.

He also stated in Episode 3 that he brought Rishe here to be his wife not for the benefit of the imperial family or the nation, which shows his reason for doing so is entirely for selfish reasons. Given how Arnold is trying to implement policies that help commoners right now, that he didn't include improving the nation as being one of the reasons for making Rishe his future wife suggests that he doesn't believe widespread reform is possible in Galkhein or the world even if he were to become the Emperor of Galkhein, so the blood-stained future that has seen the death of Rishe in every previous loop so far is probably on course to manifest itself again unless Rishe kills Arnold. So Episode 3 might have been hinting at something seismic regarding the direction of the series.

Last edited by Thor's Hammer; 2024-01-28 at 21:30.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-28, 21:28   Link #80
Rasty

^ He hates his father/family, doesn't mean that he hates the monarchy itself. The same with meritocracy. There are plenty of examples of fantasy empires that were fiercely meritocratic. In the first place, the problem with social standing is much more about nobles, freemen, serfs, etc., not really royals. It's not so hard to imagine an idealistic monarchy where an enlightened absolutistic monarch rules over people who are either equal or have a good chance to climb up the social ladder at least (compared to fossilized feudalistic state where you 99.99% end up in the same place as you were born in).
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote