Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-05-27, 01:44   Link #4801
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
One sided rivalry. That's it. Nothing remotely sexual or romantic.
That's the conclusion I came to as well. Perhaps, in the future Bell will do something to gain her admiration as well.
Old 2018-05-27, 04:36   Link #4802
Isnos

What happens between bell and lefiya in this volume ?
Isnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 15:21   Link #4803
Tachibana
タチバナ

In SO or the main series?
Old 2018-05-27, 15:31   Link #4804
Isnos

In SO, i'm reading SO volume 4 but there hasn't been much interaction between them.
Old 2018-05-27, 16:52   Link #4805
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnos View Post
In SO, i'm reading SO volume 4 but there hasn't been much interaction between them.
After you have read Vol.5 you will understand what he meant.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 23:54   Link #4806
Isnos

Kay, I guess it's time to throw my life away for 1 day ( time to read all SO )
Old 2018-05-28, 05:29   Link #4807
pervypig

^ bring tissue. SO is 5x more bloodier than Danmachi, and ded people don't come back like in the original either.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 06:18   Link #4808
Zefyris
図書館狼

Uh, with the slaughterhouse that was the current last volume of Danmachi, I don't think you can say that kind of thing anymore.
Old 2018-05-28, 06:35   Link #4809
pervypig

^ But none of the harem members or actual friends of Bell are killed right? SO is like a war fic in comparison.
Old 2018-05-28, 07:48   Link #4810
Zefyris
図書館狼

There's like one named character dying in front of a main character in present time in SO, that's not especially impressive...
Old 2018-05-28, 07:58   Link #4811
pervypig

Until which vol are you talking about? I would say Vol 3 in SO is bloody enough with Hermes familia's members dying left and right. If you go even further, even Loki's familia won't end up unscathed. Compare that to the original where the only ones who die are nameless mooks and jerks, you'd see what I mean. (I read the author got advised to tone down the killing from Vol 8, or it might be a weep fest...)
Old 2018-05-28, 08:20   Link #4812
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
Until which vol are you talking about? I would say Vol 3 in SO is bloody enough with Hermes familia's members dying left and right. If you go even further, even Loki's familia won't end up unscathed. Compare that to the original where the only ones who die are nameless mooks and jerks, you'd see what I mean. (I read the author got advised to tone down the killing from Vol 8, or it might be a weep fest...)
lol I forgot about those guys from Hermes completely, that's how much of an impact those scenes had . One or two were named IIRC, all right, so that's 2 or 3 named characters, none of them of any importance for the main plot. On that point the only named character from Loki familia that died had far more impact than those ones.
The rest is from the same familia as important characters, sure, but they're as nameless as the ones that died in last danmachi 's volume.
And I'm talking about all currently available SO volume except for the one that was released this month.
Old 2018-05-28, 11:01   Link #4813
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
The author's editor got po'ed because the author was going to kill off Lena Tally (the amazon who had a thing for Bete) in volume 8 of SO. In the previous volume. A lot of Loki Familia members got wrecked and killed. This caused Bete to mock them and he witnessed Riine (the girl who had a crush on him) die in front of him.

Another thing to note. I know there is a lot of talk about how irritating Lefiya is regarding her attitude towards Bell. At first I didn't think much about it. Though, until you actually read SO volume 5 and onwards. You'll realize that she actually likes Bell. Though not romantically but that could possibly change. She's just your everyday tsundere.
Old 2018-05-28, 11:51   Link #4814
pervypig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
lol I forgot about those guys from Hermes completely, that's how much of an impact those scenes had . One or two were named IIRC, all right, so that's 2 or 3 named characters, none of them of any importance for the main plot. On that point the only named character from Loki familia that died had far more impact than those ones.
Hey, you forgot, SO Vol 2 began with a murder from Ganesha familia too, granted that guy's death is like a mook's. Strangely I kinda agree with you that the death scenes in Vol 3 LN ain't so impactful, but the manga somehow managed to draw more tears - especially that last part where Lulunes wept for her friends because they took the job just to die over the rewards...

Then, on the other hand, you have pink-colored rom-com with Casanova-wannabe Bell in the original - aptly titled: "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a Dungeon?"

No, it ain't wrong, it's crazy.
Old 2018-05-28, 14:58   Link #4815
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Hey, you forgot, SO Vol 2 began with a murder from Ganesha familia too, granted that guy's death is like a mook's. Strangely I kinda agree with you that the death scenes in Vol 3 LN ain't so impactful, but the manga somehow managed to draw more tears - especially that last part where Lulunes wept for her friends because they took the job just to die over the rewards...

Then, on the other hand, you have pink-colored rom-com with Casanova-wannabe Bell in the original - aptly titled: "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a Dungeon?"

No, it ain't wrong, it's crazy.
The main series has sexual exploitation, human trafficking, and other disturbing stuff. Not to mention some gratuitous amounts of murder in the most recent volume.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 16:51   Link #4816
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana View Post
Another thing to note. I know there is a lot of talk about how irritating Lefiya is regarding her attitude towards Bell. At first I didn't think much about it. Though, until you actually read SO volume 5 and onwards. You'll realize that she actually likes Bell. Though not romantically but that could possibly change. She's just your everyday tsundere.
I got the distinct impression from the anime and the manga that she was changing course to mack on the Banshee. ^^
Old 2018-05-28, 22:00   Link #4817
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I got the distinct impression from the anime and the manga that she was changing course to mack on the Banshee. ^^
At first Leyfia thought Bell had perverse desires for Aiz. Then she came to envy Bell by his accomplishments. For example. she was unable to beat the Minotaur until she was level 3. Bell achieved 4 levels in under a year and will probably get more. Then the encounter with the Evilus and monsters got them close enough to the point where Aiz considered them friends to which Leyfia denied.

EDIT: By SO volume 10, Leyfia holds Bell in such regard that she went to the Hearth Mansion and banged on the door because she wanted answers personally from him because of the Xenos incident with Wiene, face to face.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2018-05-28 at 23:51.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 01:51   Link #4818
pervypig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
The main series has sexual exploitation, human trafficking, and other disturbing stuff. Not to mention some gratuitous amounts of murder in the most recent volume.
Those stuff had always been there; (Soma Familia abusive alcoholics, Apollo Familia's gay press-gang, not to mention a goddess letting a monster rampage through the streets just to ogle at her crush...) they just got painted over in the early volumes with fluff.

Ever since the author started writing SO, however, the blood+violence get tuned up to the 101th, and you've got, what, people with half their bodies eaten up and still crawling around with the other half? Jeezus, what's danmachi coming to... ima not into guro by the way...

Makes you wonder if the author had got some trauma happened to him recently...
Old 2018-05-29, 03:17   Link #4819
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Those stuff had always been there; (Soma Familia abusive alcoholics, Apollo Familia's gay press-gang, not to mention a goddess letting a monster rampage through the streets just to ogle at her crush...) they just got painted over in the early volumes with fluff.

Ever since the author started writing SO, however, the blood+violence get tuned up to the 101th, and you've got, what, people with half their bodies eaten up and still crawling around with the other half? Jeezus, what's danmachi coming to... ima not into guro by the way...

Makes you wonder if the author had got some trauma happened to him recently...
I've noticed this too. SO is brutal compared to Danmachi. It isn't until volume 13 of Danmachi that you actually see the kind of brutality that is comparable to SO.

EDIT: LMAO, I was looking over Bell's profile and was thinking. Looking about how fast he leveled up put's Aiz' record to shame that it's not even funny. Since his Liaris Freese is based on his feelings. I wonder if the main focusing point will switch from Aiz to having the desire to protect his friends giving him an even bigger boost.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2018-05-30 at 18:15.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 07:20   Link #4820
Soulwarfare42

First poster for the Danmachi movie

Last edited by Soulwarfare42; 2018-06-09 at 08:31.
Soulwarfare42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance