Notices

Old 2019-04-09, 12:25   Link #21
wuhugm
Confused Shark

So basically a Save Point, 7 Save Slots
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-09, 12:44   Link #22
Marina2

So......if he hold his mother hand and use the device, can both of them escape?

Not sure if it work the same on human.
Old 2019-04-09, 17:48   Link #23
Nivek von Beldo

Seems he got the jump back and now experimeting the device

That was very unique and social and historical critique the 400 year theory...specially how foreing influence come to japan(and how the ultranationalist japanese hated it because that, that was very real..of course that theory broke it with Perry/Meiji unless that was a broke cycle already...still was unique, specially with the new millenium idea of the 90's too)

The whole timeline jump was very 'At the Edge of Tomorrow' Esque and was something, waiting see how Assistant A help here...still he needed a far better plan

The eroge influence is big, with the heroine focus..someone have a link to the eroge version please?
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-09, 18:04   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Second episode was kind of boring. Given his personality, I expected Takuya to do bolder experiments than just kicking a can.

As for the situation with his stepmother, they couldn't have made it more obvious this was all staged by the green haired guy.
Old 2019-04-10, 02:28   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-13, 21:38   Link #26
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

This needs to get a move on...even if it is a 2 cour. So far Mio has been the only kind-of interesting character. There is so much going through the motions and very cheap production. Which is a pity because there seems to be a potentially interesting story/concept. But it barely seems like it's trying.
Old 2019-04-14, 14:57   Link #27
4th Dimension

For a moment I felt REAAAALY smart by noticing that the inscriptions on the clock use the same letters as those on that stone and that I think one reads as 18/? 1226 - 1996.

IMO, in this REAAAALY weak season, this is so far the most interesting show and I still can't say that it's realy original or something like that.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-14, 21:48   Link #28
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
For a moment I felt REAAAALY smart by noticing that the inscriptions on the clock use the same letters as those on that stone and that I think one reads as 18/? 1226 - 1996.

IMO, in this REAAAALY weak season, this is so far the most interesting show and I still can't say that it's realy original or something like that.
Well, it was doing the whole parallel world thing way back when it was at the height of popularity (before Steins;Gate came along over a decade later and revived the theme I guess)

Anyway, I'm still bummed they didn't keep the first game's artstyle
Old 2019-04-14, 22:46   Link #29
Frontier

It's pretty obvious Mio has feelings for Takuya, and it almost sounds like they might be childhood friends or at least have some history with each other. I guess this means Rie Kugimiya is still playing a tsundere, even if she's not playing her usual typecast (not a single "urusai" uttered) .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As for the situation with his stepmother, they couldn't have made it more obvious this was all staged by the green haired guy.
I wonder if the thug hitting on Ayumi and ripping her blouse was part of the script? Because if it was...man, Toyotomi is a creep .
Old 2019-04-14, 23:09   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I still can't say that it's realy original or something like that.
YU-NO isn't original?
Well, they do say ignorance is a bliss, so I won't pursue your statement any further.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 14:09   Link #31
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
YU-NO isn't original?
Well, they do say ignorance is a bliss, so I won't pursue your statement any further.
I mean if it is, then that's GREAT. But in this season I have to intentionally lower my expectations.
And as I said, in this season this is the most interesting show so far.

Old 2019-04-15, 21:43   Link #32
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post

The eroge influence is big, with the heroine focus..someone have a link to the eroge version please?
Google the Elf classics pack. It's the windows version of the game
Old 2019-04-16, 16:53   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They seem to be really taking their sweet time. It felt like not much happened in this episode. When Takuya saw Kanna's pendant, I thought the was going to notice the pearl is the same as the ones in the Reflector device, but instead he remembered something from like 10 years ago. I'm guessing the girl in the flashback was Kanna and she traveled to the past.
Old 2019-04-16, 17:30   Link #34
4th Dimension

Yeah, this was a slow episode. But I do think quite a bit here shown is relevant. I think this episode is here to set up the whole construction site having orders to destroy the Mountain part of the plot.

Especially given how much time was given to the documents Takuya delivered and that entire scene with the keycard. Also to drop casually the speculation that someone from the government might be pushing for this.

But still it's a downer we didn't get to do much with the thing.

In any case time to engage in some speculation.

TL;DR…
Wild and not so wild speculation. No actual spoilers.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Okay, I think I have more, but that's for now since I'm sleepy.

Old 2019-04-16, 18:02   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I know they're attempting to set things up, but the way it's presented is just boring. Maybe I'm just not used to VN adaptations anymore. They usually take quite a while to get going.
Old 2019-04-17, 02:04   Link #36
4th Dimension

Yeah. This episode wasn't a banger even though I do like new info it gave (like what's happening with the island, and Rijzo being a changed man etc.) it did feel slow.

For me a bigger problem is that we still having gotten the MC to actually REACT to having the reflector. He behaves as if everything is as it was before. And this especially should reflect to that slimeball flunky of his mom's that obviously staged the whole assault. We see the MC not liking him, yet the MC doesn't do anything proactive. Like for example keep an eye on the important documents your mom asked you to bring yet the sleaze wants to get.

Old 2019-04-17, 10:04   Link #37
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I know they're attempting to set things up, but the way it's presented is just boring. Maybe I'm just not used to VN adaptations anymore. They usually take quite a while to get going.
Nope is just a bad adaptation, Island was a good one for example
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-17, 12:24   Link #38
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Really like this reporter
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-17, 16:41   Link #39
4th Dimension

Well if there is one thing this show has and no other this season, it's a wide selection of quality actual adult women. And they even outnumber the high schoolers.

Old 2019-04-18, 00:04   Link #40
Frontier

Things seem to be moving at a slow pace, but I don't mind. I like the characters and the world presented so far, and what little bits of intrigue they sprinkle in, and I'm glad they're not rushing anything .

It's pretty obvious Toyotomi staged the whole thing to get in Ayumi's good graces, and beneath his "hero of justice" and "flunky" guises is an ulterior agenda that is probably none too good for our main cast. I hope Takuya gets a chance to sock him good at some point .

Man, Takuya has a really hot stepmom, on-top of just being a really nice and genuine person. You've got to feel for her that she's lost her husband, has to take care of Takuya, and do her job amidst tons of criticism and backlash. Not all that surprising when she comes home drunk after dealing with all of that .

Yeah, I also guess the girl in the flashback was a time-travelling Kanna, connected to that necklace which looks like a reflector orb. Although a little ominous that she connects it to her "life..."

So the Sensei is sporting fishnets and a miniskirt because Takuya suggested it? Never take fashion advice from a horny teenager (or do, I don't mind) .

The assistant was in love with Takuya's dad? Man, Dr. Arima was popular. And I guess, depending on the "extent" of her relationship with Takuya, she thought of settling on his son after he rejected her for Ayumi ?

The assistant is having migraines, so does that mean she's effected by the timeline changes like Takuya is? And she's cluing into something going on with Dr. Ryuzoji, although I don't see that investigation going well .

Looks like that reporter is the "do anything for a juicy story" type .
Quote:
For me a bigger problem is that we still having gotten the MC to actually REACT to having the reflector. He behaves as if everything is as it was before. And this especially should reflect to that slimeball flunky of his mom's that obviously staged the whole assault. We see the MC not liking him, yet the MC doesn't do anything proactive. Like for example keep an eye on the important documents your mom asked you to bring yet the sleaze wants to get.
I'm honestly surprised he didn't use it to protect Ayumi from getting egged, but maybe he just doesn't want to rely on it too much .

Tags
harem, incest