Old 2019-05-03, 11:54   Link #81
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^It's not transferred

The location/position data is overwritten

For example
Before the jump, the can was on the ground
He picked up the can then jumped
After the jump, the can location is changed into his hand instead of on the ground
The can is still only 1, only the position changed
You can see it in Ep2 when he tested that power with 2 cans
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-03, 12:33   Link #82
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They went so far with Ayumi's deaths that it just ended up being funny at some point.
I took the first two suicides perfectly seriously, started feeling a bit amused at the third, and actually burst out laughing whenever the montage started around suicide six or seven. For anyone interested, the original VN from 1995 handled this completely differently.

Spoiler for Yu-No VN Spoilers:
Old 2019-05-03, 13:43   Link #83
RDNexus

@Dr. Casey, since it seems you know something about YU-NO VN, could you enlighten me about potential "bad situations" that may come to happen in this Anime Adaptation?

It can be through PM, to avoid leaving here spoilers for those not interested.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-03, 15:11   Link #84
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^It's not transferred

For example
After the jump, the can location is changed into his hand instead of on the ground
Is that from the VN or are you speculating?

The mechanic as it was introduced was supposed to be parallel dimension sliding more than time travel but at this point its getting closer to magical isekai respawn fuckery like Subaru. It should be more something like... he transfers to a universe where he already picked up the can because infinite possibilities.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-03, 15:35   Link #85
4th Dimension

From the manual (this is something MC has read allready and should not be considered NEW at this point) it seems to me he is being removed bodily from this world and thrown back. Possibly in a way that creates another version of the past world that he goes to.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-03, 21:07   Link #86
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Just taking a conclusion from what we've seen so far

Like his disappearing father, his body is gone from this universe
But in the universe he reached, he regained the state of the body when he made the save point
But the object he carried "stays" with him, or to be exact this is the universe where he already got that object in that moment of time

We also see his wounds from yakuza and delinquents disappeared
So the conclusion is, whenever he uses that relic, he :
Takes control his body in this universe + possesses the object that was with him
So despite his body disappeared from the previous universe, that body doesn't replace the body in this universe
Just like with the can, there can't be copies of himself, but consciousness is different and the previous consciousness overwrites the new universe's consciousness
Old 2019-05-04, 12:04   Link #87
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
^It's not transferred

For example
There's no overwriting though. This setting isn't linear time travel but parallel world/timeline branching. That first scene seems to be him simply bringing the can back to the new branch point in which the can was in his hand at that moment with him.

Besides your scenario would raise some questions....Like Kaori noticing her evidence suddenly disappearing but she doesn't seem to question how Takuya now magically has them. Unless her memories are altered also but from the way it is described, the branch point is still the same as when the Reflector crystal anchored it.

Quote:
Like his disappearing father, his body is gone from this universe
But in the universe he reached, he regained the state of the body when he made the save point
But the object he carried "stays" with him, or to be exact this is the universe where he already got that object in that moment of time
Or he could have just traveled normally to that new world and thus he won't be "here." Like walking out your house so you won't be inside it

In the end, it could be as you say, with data being rewritten in the existing timeline but the plotholes that result would have to be neatly covered up if so

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2019-05-04 at 12:14.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-04, 13:25   Link #88
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I took the first two suicides perfectly seriously, started feeling a bit amused at the third, and actually burst out laughing whenever the montage started around suicide six or seven. For anyone interested, the original VN from 1995 handled this completely differently.

Spoiler for Yu-No VN Spoilers:
Well duh. The over-suiciding clearly was out-of-atmosphere and just weird, even for anime-only watchers.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-04, 13:25   Link #89
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^The memories (of other people) are altered

Did you forget the time when YU-NO (she's the title girl but only appeared once lol) appeared
The next day people behaved strangely
That seemingly old bad guy didn't approach MC again

With Kaori, maybe in this universe they really did negotiate and then Takuya got the evidence
(The new Takuya doesn't remember because he's from different universe tho)
That also explain why Kaori is in the neighborhood
They just finished their transaction
Old 2019-05-04, 21:35   Link #90
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

With Kaori, maybe in this universe they really did negotiate and then Takuya got the evidence
(The new Takuya doesn't remember because he's from different universe tho)
That also explain why Kaori is in the neighborhood
They just finished their transaction
That's what I mean. He physically goes "to" a new timeline where it's "natural" for him to have said stuff with him rather than pre-existing stuff disappearing and reappearing with him.

Quote:
^^The memories (of other people) are altered

Did you forget the time when YU-NO (she's the title girl but only appeared once lol) appeared
The next day people behaved strangely
That seemingly old bad guy didn't approach MC again
As for this though.....Can't really tell since Yuno herself is special and may have influenced him somehow judging by what Ryuuzouji says. OTOH, if in this new timeline, Ryuuzouji never went to confront Takuya at that rock then also his course of action would be different. Besides, in the first use of the Reflector, he never did anchor to any save point no?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2019-05-04 at 21:54.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-05, 04:29   Link #91
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That's what I mean. He physically goes "to" a new timeline where it's "natural" for him to have said stuff with him rather than pre-existing stuff disappearing and reappearing with him.
Not "physically" coz the wounds disappeared
More like his existence merges with himself from the new universe
Old 2019-05-07, 11:57   Link #92
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Ep 6
Wrong route
So looped

So glad, coz Kaori-san got arrested in this route
I wonder which one will be treated as true route
Hope it's best girl Kaori-san route
Old 2019-05-07, 13:00   Link #93
Marina2

Ep.6

Kaori-san's betrayal was something that really surprised me. Are those glowing stones what suppose to fit into the empty slots on the device?

So.. Ayumi-san 'route' is finished and everything get reset? That's interest way to integrate 'Save' and 'Load' into the plot.

Is this mean all relationship he is going to build with other girls in other 'routes' will be gone after reset too? That will be very sad....
Old 2019-05-07, 13:20   Link #94
RDNexus

@wuhugm, if the OP serves as reference, it may be Mio's route this time, with Kanna along the way.

Also, thanks to the link @4th Dimension left here and a tropes page, I managed to learn a lot about the overall story
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-07, 14:07   Link #95
4th Dimension

The link I gave contained only infor MC should know by now. If you went beyond that and spoiled yourself, don't blame me

Huh, so this is an interesting development. I wonder if we are doing another route will any of this actually stick with Ayami? Coz if we have to watch herself destroy herself again...

So, what happens with this timeline? The MC or any other version of him no longer exists here?

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-07, 18:10   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was pretty odd. Takuya manages to save Ayumi for good and he gets send back at the start (the first time he used the Reflector device, I assume)... Daddy said he should expect differences when he gets back, so I'm guessing what he did will stick somehow.
Old 2019-05-07, 21:18   Link #97
zztop

From what I've heard, this is still only a small intro part of the whole game story.
The real plot still hasn't started yet.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-07, 21:35   Link #98
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep6:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-07, 21:58   Link #99
Frontier

Poor Yuki, getting saddled with Takuya's workload when he's not even in the same grade .

Geotech sure got what they paid for with their security detail .

So apparently green hair = bad in this story, considering Kaori turned out to be in league with Toyotomi and a corporate spy. Next thing you know Ryuzoji will turn out to have had green hair in his youth .

I'm not surprised Kaori turned out to be a criminal, she always seemed fairly shady as a reporter from the second episode and came off a bit like a Femme Fatale in her interaction with Takuya. Doesn't negate that she seems like a pretty fun girl and is very attractive, but also doesn't preclude her from being a bad girl nevertheless .

Why am I not surprised Takuya's means of saving the day basically amounted to a dick joke ?

I'm pretty sure Toyotomi's role in the story is done at this point, but I wonder if this is it for Kaori. Not that she doesn't deserve jail time, but it seems like there's a connection with Takuya's father and Ryuzoji that they could still explore if she's not behind bars, although maybe Toyotomi indicating who hired her to steal the psychite is all we'll get ?

I guess we had to get one more knock against Ayumi with her mentioning going through her husband's things and finding out he was still in love with Takuya's biological mother. Although I also guess that's how she figured out what Takuya's been dealing with as well. Hopefully she's still alive in the base worldline .

Of course Dr. Arima is still alive. I wonder if wherever he is is also where the mysterious Yu-No girl is ?

So this was basically the "common route" and now we're heading back to the main meat of the game or where it diverges into the other Heroines routes? I agree it sounds like Takuya is going back to before Ryuzoji was going to shoot him in the first episode, but it'll be interesting to see what else has changed .
Old 2019-05-08, 08:34   Link #100
Look43

Episode 6 was such a roller coaster for me....
Not gonna complain about this and that cause at least we got some plot development, also takuya could learn to make good plans and ayumi arc is done

So, we got a reset.
He will lose every item he got till now, right? (well, is not like it was a great number)
Waiting for next God Complex route.
Look43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, incest