AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you ever use crunchyroll?
yyyeaaaa 26 40.00%
nnyooooo 39 60.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-23, 00:03   Link #1
Gomenasai
The Poster-guy

Do you like it crunchy!

just a friendly for anyone who ever streams, crunchyrole has changed some things so they no longer worry about bandwidth, so you dont need to be a premium account to view "Highquality" and even "High Def" streams. The quality of crunchyroll is almost as good as Stage6 now, just HD the stream and click "larger" its amazingly good quality for a stream.
Gomenasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 00:07   Link #2
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomenasai View Post
just a friendly for anyone who ever streams, crunchyrole has changed some things so they no longer worry about bandwidth, so you dont need to be a premium account to view "Highquality" and even "High Def" streams. The quality of crunchyroll is almost as good as Stage6 now, just HD the stream and click "larger" its amazingly good quality for a stream.
Not even close.

I stop by every once and awhile but the people there just piss me off too much.
BearShare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 00:11   Link #3
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearShare View Post
Not even close.

I stop by every once and awhile but the people there just piss me off too much.
I agree.

Even if I didn't care about the extremely low quality of their videos, I rarely ever used their site because of the people there remind me of elementary school.
Now that the video quality is higher, I still doubt that I'll stop by often unless it's really that significant. (I doubt it's anywhere near Stage6, though.)
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 00:12   Link #4
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
CrunchyRoll seems to load to slowly for some reason, and yes, I do have high speed Internet. For what CR offers, YouTube/Veoh is better to me, but I don't use them anyways, so torrents for the win.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 00:14   Link #5
Nemu

I used to use Crunchyroll, not anymore though. I use Veoh now. ^^'

Signature by ganbaru
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 00:22   Link #6
Gomenasai
The Poster-guy

Okay but seriously i am a long time Stage6 runner, I back the fact that it is 10x the quality of Veoh or Youtube. I am running on a 1920/1200 monitor thats the sive of some plasma screeen TV's and When I put CR streams onto (High Def mode) and then click the button (Larger) It makes the quality + size like 5 times larger than Veoh standard. Give it a try if you havnt been there for a while, I am all for quality personally, the more you can get the better ya know? I am just trying to expand options for everyone, I know i must be annoying, but just giving a try might be worth it in the long run, All up to u guys though. I was pretty astonished at first too, CR used to be worst stream site for me, i only used it as anime index reference, it went from worst to, best stream after Stage6 died and CR upped the quality 110%. I have used Youtube, Veoh, VeohTV, Stage6, Crunchyroll.... I know all of there qualities, I myself didnt like crunchyroll and used it as a backup, but this is VERY recent, they gave it 10x the quality, u just gotta click the Highdef, and click large, "Not even close to stage 6?""" Its alot closer than anything else i know of right now.
Gomenasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 01:20   Link #7
FateAnomaly

Does it even matter what the people at CR is like? You don't have to chat with them to watch anything.
Stage6 is good but loads slow and its dead now.
Veoh is hard to navigate and slow. Youtube is the same only worse.
CR is pretty user friendly and its easy to know what anime have been uploaded recently.

Torrents are good if you are patient.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 01:55   Link #8
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

They obviously run on the energy of stolen IQ from many of the denizens there
And no, I'm not a user.... streaming is the devil.
Old 2008-04-23, 02:04   Link #9
cyth
Banned

I don't mind high school kids as I don't spend time on the site. I can't use CR's streaming because Adobe Flash Player and H.264 are just too slow for my PC (I wish they would sign a deal with CoreAVC, like Joost! did). I download BLASSREITER's and Druaga's Xvid downloadables, and that's it, which aren't that HQ as the tag suggests. While they display more detail than streaming video, their macroblocking is worse than BOST TV's PSP download. Obviously you need to donate to download the Xvid versions. While their e-mail support is quick to resolve issues, I've had to contact them twice already. One time I couldn't download the file through Firefox (bad cookie coding), the second time I contacted them to cancel a double credit card charge for my donations. ~.~ These may be small problems, but it was still frustrating to resolve them. They simply shouldn't have happened.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 03:18   Link #10
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

While their practice of using free fansubs for profit is deplorable, I must commend them for their collaboration with Gonzo. It's a step in the right direction.

Also, they have dramas if I ever feel like skipping the horrendous 700 MB of torrenting each episode with no seeders to watch them.
Old 2008-04-23, 03:23   Link #11
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
I think the h.264 implementation from Adobe Flash beats stage6 divx by far, look pretty good on my computer.

it is h.264 after all XD
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 03:27   Link #12
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Personally I'm against the lq suck that it is. The only intresting thing about it is the drama for the same reason tripperazn listed. Though I am an avid user of asnv myself. Streaming for anime is the gay though since the availebility of those are pretty good.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 06:56   Link #13
tejvenim

Crunchyroll made a critical error. When I want to buy Druaga ep 1, I get paypal transaction error. I'm not the only one that face this problem, when I glanced through crunchyroll forum, I saw posts made by other people who also face this error. This error is critical and unforgivable for a site that sell anime episodes. I can't trust a site that make such a critical error.
tejvenim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 07:12   Link #14
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejvenim View Post
This error is critical and unforgivable for a site that sell anime episodes. I can't trust a site that make such a critical error.
Yeah, it really is unforgivable. You have to convince customers that your online service is bullet-proof, and Crunchyroll has failed so far in doing this. I can see a lot of people just downloading the torrent, rather than jump through flaming hoops to get their anime.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 07:15   Link #15
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I LIKE YOUTUBE

seriously.

but veoh is ok.

i dun like crunchyroll because u have to register? or they charge you premium fees? something stupid comes up when you search? I forgot, but I don't prefer them.

I do like the word crunchy, very much.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 09:33   Link #16
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Why stream something when you can wait ten minutes and watch it in quality a hundred times better?

I seriously don't understand the reasoning behind streaming. At all.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 09:49   Link #17
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
don't like a company that gets 4 million bucks for streaming fansubs. If they get 4 mil for streaming them, I want some cash for watching them
Old 2008-04-23, 10:28   Link #18
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Why stream something when you can wait ten minutes and watch it in quality a hundred times better?

I seriously don't understand the reasoning behind streaming. At all.
well actually.. it does help a lot of people.. for example my connection simply isnt fast enough to torrent files leisurely, but i can stream at my own leisure (its the fine line between the speed to stream without lag, and too slow to torrent too fast). this is just one problem as well, its wrong to say that there arnt a lot of benefits to streaming
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 10:33   Link #19
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
well actually.. it does help a lot of people.. for example my connection simply isnt fast enough to torrent files leisurely, but i can stream at my own leisure
Actually, the problem is that you don't have a speed requirement with torrents. At most, you'll have to wait longer. Streaming does have a speed requirement if you want it to be useful for something, namely, the fact that you need to download faster than you watch, and many times I've found myself in the opposite situation for several video files. Yes, perhaps your connection isn't fast enough to warrant the 100-200 kb/sec it takes to download a fansub in 10 minutes (which is actually not that fast for most broadband standards nowadays), but at most you'll have to wait a little more.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 10:35   Link #20
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Most of my favorite animes have been removed so I don't use it,

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote