AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-04-14, 15:05   Link #21
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Nagato should be in that state even before using his techniques, so his current health should not prevent him from using one other very strong technique. And, the extent of the power of his eye has yet to be discovered. And, even if you forget about the power of the eye, the techniques his clones used may be his own powers. And those powers were not the kind that would make him have a taijutsu match with his opponent.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 16:08   Link #22
james0246

This chapter is great news for Naruto fans that wish for him to learn how to counteract genjutsu (which is a mental attack in which the opponent slips some fo their chakra into an opponents mind). If Naruto can so easily reject Nagato's chakra, it is possible that Naruto now has sufficient abilities to reject the chakra used in genjutsu. Obviously, this is just conjecture based on short summaries, but this could be the start of Naruto ability to counter genjutsu.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 16:24   Link #23
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This chapter is great news for Naruto fans that wish for him to learn how to counteract genjutsu (which is a mental attack in which the opponent slips some fo their chakra into an opponents mind). If Naruto can so easily reject Nagato's chakra, it is possible that Naruto now has sufficient abilities to reject the chakra used in genjutsu. Obviously, this is just conjecture based on short summaries, but this could be the start of Naruto ability to counter genjutsu.
I don't know that because Naruto did this we can say he could counteract any genjutsu. This seems different. A physical attack more than a mental attack like with genjutsu. Genjutsu attacks the five senses creating an illusion in your mind while Nagato's chakra rods take over the nervous and muscular systems forcibly controlling your chakra. This little skirmish seemed more a battle of chakra strength that Naruto and Nagato engaged in, which Naruto won shocking Konan.

I always thought whatever Itachi gave him would be what he used to counteract genjutsu when he faced Sasuke or Madara.

I don't mind Naruto having a known weakness like with genjutsu. He shouldn't be able to counter act everything.
Old 2009-04-14, 16:42   Link #24
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I wonder how much of that control can be attributed to Naruto's chakra characteristics that is altered by Kyuubi chakra. Or was it something related to his original chakra. And, of course, if there is a mind control thing going on, there are always reasons that may go beyond a simple chakra-based explanation.
Old 2009-04-14, 17:10   Link #25
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
From the spoiler it seems he used kyuubi chakra in sage mode, Jiraiya did teach him that he can beat any genjutsu by simply using a huge chakra burst in himself so that it disrupts the genjutsu. He was already successful against Itachi's lower level genjutsu, so i guess using the demon + sage powerup gave him enough power.
Naruto already said that he has a plan, so i guess he did know that he can stand Nagato's black-rod-genjutsu attack with his new power, so i think he had a powerup in this fight: demon+sage combined.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 17:34   Link #26
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ that's what Kirabi had done while fighting Sasuke too,right? except he didn't have sage mode and had one less tail on his demon
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 17:50   Link #27
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ that's what Kirabi had done while fighting Sasuke too,right? except he didn't have sage mode and had one less tail on his demon
He seems to be friends with his demon, while in Naruto's case it's the opposite. I mean for KillerBee it's like an automatic defense against genjutsu while in Naruto has to dispell the genjutsu himself. Looking at KillerBee and Naruto they're very similar, it would be nice if they were traveling around the world together
I mean both have amazing taijutsu, KillerBee has beaten Sasuke with it, both are silly guys, and both like to go their own way and not being ordered around by a village. Naruto is becoming too mature in this pain-story, we need some comedy again
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:21   Link #28
iBeast

From what I can gather...Konoha use to be some type of communist society back int he 1st and 2nd hokage days...probably even a little bit in the 3rd...

which is why they have so many internal conflicts and enemies out for their blood (Sasuke and Nagato).

I wouldn't even be surprise when Sai turns on Konoha...the only thing I am looking forward to is when Kishi is going to tear down that stupid mount Rushmore rip off.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 19:21   Link #29
james0246

^Wha...? Communist...? Can you please clarify your statement some, since Communist ideals have nothing to do with the Uchiha tragedy or the Ame extermination.
Old 2009-04-14, 19:40   Link #30
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I highly doubt that Nagato is even capable of combat...
Don't you know it is a well known fact that in anime the sick guy kicks the most ass, just ask Bleach, Summon Night 2, Cloud, Megaman Battle Network 3 etc...

If your technique slowly kills you then you know damn well it will blow up the earth as well.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 20:40   Link #31
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Don't you know it is a well known fact that in anime the sick guy kicks the most ass, just ask Bleach, Summon Night 2, Cloud, Megaman Battle Network 3 etc...
In the Naruto world, sick guys usually fail at the end, regardless of how strong they used to be. And they usually lose to the same opponent, too.
Old 2009-04-14, 21:39   Link #32
SeanQ

Chapter begins like this...
Naruto: Wth is your problem?!?!?
Nagato: I....blaaaaaaaaaaaaah. *Dead*
Konan: Umm...sorry, I'll pick up where he left off.
________
Herbal Vaporizers

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:43.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 22:16   Link #33
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
In the Naruto world, sick guys usually fail at the end, regardless of how strong they used to be.
One word: Itachi

Itachi did not fail, Itachi suceeded to epic proportions

Old 2009-04-15, 00:47   Link #34
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
I think it was clear from the previous chapter that there will be talk. And hopefully it takes a lot more than a single chapter. Just to make it closer to One Piece rather than Bleach.
And that's a bad thing...
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 00:54   Link #35
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Oh yes, God forbid we take a little break from the action and actually work on the story which could involve some important vital plot elements and create tension and meaningful relations among the characters.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 01:16   Link #36
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
One word: Itachi

Itachi did not fail, Itachi suceeded to epic proportions
He failed to survive. He was sick and he lost his life at the end of that battle, and Sasuke survived. Regardless of how the fight ended, this is what matters at the end. In short, the scenario is written to get rid of the sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
There is a saying to be used in cases like this: how did you last in your mother's belly for nine months? Keyword: patience.
Old 2009-04-15, 01:29   Link #37
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
He failed to survive. He was sick and he lost his life at the end of that battle, and Sasuke survived. Regardless of how the fight ended, this is what matters at the end. In short, the scenario is written to get rid of the sick.
Even
Spoiler for for one piece manga:
died of illness, but you can't really say he failed...in the same way, Itachi did everything he could to help his little brother. If he failed at anything, it was being unable to keep Madara from Sasuke.

Quote:
Long conversations are never a bad thing, every time there's an extended fight in bleach all I can think of is "I will see it in the anime...", this is the time for the story to move on~

Quote:
Chapter begins like this...
Naruto: Wth is your problem?!?!?
Nagato: I....blaaaaaaaaaaaaah. *Dead*
Konan: Umm...sorry, I'll pick up where he left off.
No, please, ANYTHING BUT THAT!

Last edited by Kafriel; 2009-04-15 at 06:04.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 01:57   Link #38
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
He never wanted to survive, he wanted Sasuke to kill him and gain the MS, he planned failing since the beginning, he could of killed Sasuke with Susanoo but didn't. Also Kafriel he didn't fail with that either he has put suspicions in Sasuke's heart and he has made a fail safe inside Naruto. In chessmaster terms he is probably on par with Lelouch and Schneizel

Old 2009-04-15, 02:09   Link #39
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Even Gold Roger died of illness, but you can't really say he failed...in the same way, Itachi did everything he could to help his little brother. If he failed at anything, it was being unable to keep Madara from Sasuke.
That last part is a big reason for why it is considered as a failure. Itachi tried to protect Konoha, and Sasuke is going to destroy it. On the opposite he even gave more power to the enemy he created, by also handing him to maybe the biggest enemy of Konoha in golden tray.

Quote:
He never wanted to survive, he wanted Sasuke to kill him and gain the MS, he planned failing since the beginning, he could of killed Sasuke with Susanoo but didn't. Also Kafriel he didn't fail with that either he has put suspicions in Sasuke's heart and he has made a fail safe inside Naruto. In chessmaster terms he is probably on par with Lelouch and Schneizel
He couldn't finish what he started. And he left Sasuke to Madara. And even the activating MS to kill Madara, when the sharingans met, thing was a failure. I don't know what the future will bring, but as of now, things that Itachi may not have wanted, based on his personality and goals, had happened.
Old 2009-04-15, 02:15   Link #40
james0246

Quote:
Without transplanting the eyes, the MS only leads to blindness, so I doubt Itachi wanted Sasuke to gain the MS. Itachi wanting Sasuke to actually kill him is also debatable considering that Itachi staged the fight so that he would succumb to exhaustion and not Sasuke 'blade'. Rather, Itachi wished for Sasuke to simply live on his life thinking that he had defeated the "big bad" that had destroyed his family, without knowing of Itachi's sacrifice or the family's secret shame.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-04-15 at 04:24.