AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-08-21, 16:21   Link #1
wuabel

[Manga] Is Naruto being unreasonable?

I have failed to follow the logic of why naruto is so persistant in chasing Sazuke. Sure, before the new Arc, Naruto has reasons to get back Sazuke, because Naruto thought that Orachuma would kill Sazuke.

But right now, Naruto knows that Sazuke took care of Orachuma, so why exactly is naruto so clingy to Naruto? It just seems so unreasonable to dispatch an army of Ninja to chase after Sazuke because Naruto insists that "Sazuke must be his best friend forever and must always stay within his sight". Given that Sazuke is even acting kind and good (freein prisoners, battling evil), why is naruto still chasing Sazuke?

Naruto is just reminding me of my ex who keeps bothering me.

updated reply:
For those who stated that Naruto is trying to save Sazuke, I am wondering what exactly is Sazuke being in danger of? He is not falling into evil. He is very powerful. He is not being tricked by anyone. He has friends, even. He is not hostile against Konoha. I think Sazuke is managing very well on his own, healthy and good.

So why exactly do Naruto want to drag Sazuke back? Consider that he knows perfectly well that Sazuke is not happy in Konoha. Is he some control freak? "Because you are my brother I want you to stay by my side 24/7?"

I am just confused, as Naruto chasing Sazuke is the main plot of the story, I find it rather illogical.

Last edited by wuabel; 2007-08-22 at 13:30.
wuabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 16:40   Link #2
Styxx
You are getting sleepy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuabel View Post
I have failed to follow the logic of why naruto is so persistant in chasing Sazuke. Sure, before the new Arc, Naruto has reasons to get back Sazuke, because Naruto thought that Orachuma would kill Sazuke.

But right now, Naruto knows that Sazuke took care of Orachuma, so why exactly is naruto so clingy to Naruto? It just seems so unreasonable to dispatch an army of Ninja to chase after Sazuke because Naruto insists that "Sazuke must be his best friend forever and must always stay within his sight". Given that Sazuke is even acting kind and good (freein prisoners, battling evil), why is naruto still chasing Sazuke?

i lol'ed

on topic: that is his best friend and one of the very few who acknowledged him.
Styxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 17:31   Link #3
Kowai

if you cant spell/too lazy to say orochimaru just say oro... orochuma lol
anyways ya i never saw why they want sasuke back.
i liked how sai's 'mission' was to kill him. maybe that his kakashi and yamato and sais mission now? xD hope so that punk needs to get killed hes haxxing the game for everyone =/ IMMA GET AN ADMIN TO BAN YOU!!!
Kowai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 18:21   Link #4
BlackShinobi07

Quote:

Naruto simply keeping the promise he made to Sasukra in part one but I know what you mean. Narutos goal in this manga has gone from being the powerful and respected ninja in his entire villaige to chasing Sasuke all over the place, even after Sasuke intentionally tried killed him and would have succeeded if Oro didnt step in. But .Its really kind of pathetic. What does he think is going to happen if they do get Sasuke back? Ther're going go one missions like the old days and act as if nothing happened? To me this just brings Naruto character down and whether Kishi realizes i or not has put Sasuke in the lead role of the series with almost everything currently revolving around him.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 18:47   Link #5
KyuubiRocks
What?!

Quote:

Naruto see's Sasuke as family,a brother..thats why he's hellbent on saving him.
Old 2007-08-21, 18:47   Link #6
seiji_kun

Sasuke is Narutos first kiss. Guess he can't forget him cause of it. So i won't call him unreasonable. And you're just repeating Itachis question...

Didn't he answer it to, he sees Sasuke likes his brother and guess he doesn't want to see him killed bye Itachi or akatsuki. Don't know if he thinks running along side him is that much safer but it's not like he won't be of help against Akatsuki for Naruto if he could convince him to be back team 9. And the promise ofc towards Sakura, his way of the ninja. But not like it's gonna turn out this way.

Tbh if you don't know the answer of this question you really should reread the manga cause it's not like the reason ain't obvious.

Still could you imagine the Sasuke / Naruto combo now? Tho I guess some people think Naruto ain't worth to fight along side Sasuke...
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 21:59   Link #7
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

well, we're about to see the confrontation between saskue and his brother anyways sooooo, wait a week to talk about itachi.

Naruto's chasing Saskue because Kishimoto is so high and jacked up on shit and women that he keeps us going with one monster of a chase scene and everyone is too stupid to figure it out... including me.
Old 2007-08-21, 22:08   Link #8
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

I wouldn't say he's being unreasonable, but I would say unrealistic. The probability that Sasuke would return to Konoha with Naruto (at least before he kills Itachi) is nil. Regarding the possibility of him returning after he kills Itachi (if he, in fact, does)...what is he supposed to say to Juugo, Suigetsu and Karin; "Hey thanks for coming and helping me, see ya later, good luck with the rest of your lives." Honestly, I think there's a better chance of Hidan's head chewing it's way out of the ground.
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 07:48   Link #9
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I agree. Naruto is unreasonable. And he gets spoiled by the Hokage.
But Naruto is actually already working as if he is ANBU (hunternin) but he drags his own comrades into danger.

Sasuke refused to come back. Even after Orochimaru died. It will be hard but both Tsunade & Jiraiya really need to talk to him and make him forget about Sasuke.

Besides even if Sasuke kills Itachi i think he shouldnt be welcome in Konoha either.
Old 2007-08-22, 08:27   Link #10
Itachi-evil
Banned

Naruto is still a whiny kid imo.

Still after a hypothetical death of Itachi, Sasuke won't come back to KOnoha and especially not to Naruto.

He should learn to accept the opinion of others...........

Well if you consider how Jiraiya is so naive and still clung to Orochimaru, you can guess that Naruto will never learn it..........
Itachi-evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 09:02   Link #11
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

[QUOTE=seiji_kun;1107102]Sasuke is Narutos first kiss. Guess he can't forget him cause of it. QUOTE]

Sazuke, Sasukra....where do you get all this names
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 09:27   Link #12
Hydex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-evil View Post

Well if you consider how Jiraiya is so naive and still clung to Orochimaru, you can guess that Naruto will never learn it..........
I didn't realise it...that's completely true
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 09:42   Link #13
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuubiRocks View Post
Naruto see's Sasuke as family,a brother..thats why he's hellbent on saving him.
Save him from who?
He just doesn't make any bloody sense...

Quote:
He should learn to accept the opinion of others...........
He doesn't necessary need to accept Sazuke's decision...He just needs to respect his decision.
If he doesn't learn this...He will always be far from being the friend he thinks he is.

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2007-08-22 at 10:05.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 09:48   Link #14
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

At the end of Part 1 Jiraiya said to Naruto to forget about Sasuke because only a fool would think about bringing him back considering the situation and Naruto stated he would be happy to live as a fool then.

Yes Naruto is a fool but he's perfectly aware of this, just like he decided being a ninja wouldn't mean to be a tool of war after the Zabuza arc or how he stated he would change the Hyuga or how he betted he would finish his Rasengan training in a week or since the beginning how he decided he would become the Hokage whereas he was a looser.

This has always been who Naruto was and who he always will be and as far as we know he has a trend of success doing so.
Naruto is unreasonable, foolish, unlogical and rash and yet you can bet he will somehow manage to get what he wants.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 12:07   Link #15
pizzajincuuriki
I have it inside me :]

What I think would help Naruto and Sasuke is if Naruto just found Sasuke, and told him hed help him pwn Itatchi. Who can argue with that? They are going to kill Akatsuki right? Itatchi is in Akatsuki, thier goals are similar. And you get to work with your best friend (even tho it probably isnt the same as pre-time skip). Just bring him back once your done.
pizzajincuuriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 12:50   Link #16
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

Is Naruto being unreasonable?

Was he ever reasonable to suddenly become unreasonable?
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote