1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.39%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-05, 18:08   Link #561
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgogeta4 View Post
Nah Ali is different than those guys. Those guys wanted to either wipe out everyone or just the coordinators. Ali likes to kill people for fun.
And this makes him different from a psychopath... how?
Old 2008-11-05, 18:16   Link #562
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And Muruta Azrael. And Lord Djibril.
They weren't pilots.

And although Rau was batshit crazy, at least he sought to improve the condition of humanity and the world. The fact that he thought whiping out all human life doesn't really change this fact (he was CRAZY!!!). Same thing for Azrael and Djibril. To a lesser extent of course. They only thought a certain part of humanity needed to kick the bucket, or altered in Djibril's case. Ali is different in that he doesn't really give a crap about what happens with the world and humanity as long as he gets to stab, burn and kill (probably in that order with long intervals in between) people.

Also contrary to the other mentioned villains, Ali doesn't really dislikes people (apart from personal grudges). He just knows he likes to fight and some one has to be on the receiving end of all the bloodshed he relishes so much. He isn't out to get a certain group of people (again: apart fromt the gundam piloting sort), like Azrael (coordinators) and Djibril (those who thought they could determine their own destiny -> mostly non-coordinators).

Ali is an egocentric war-crazed maniac and sets himself apart from the other mentioned villains. Which makes him strangely enough more likeable as well. You might have a good time when you decide to meet him at a bar for a few drinks. You might end up bleeding in the gutter, piled on top Ali's other wanna-be friends.

At least he keeps things interesting!

EDIT: which still makes him a psychopath!
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 18:55   Link #563
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgogeta4 View Post
Nah Ali is different than those guys. Those guys wanted to either wipe out everyone or just the coordinators. Ali likes to kill people for fun.
The druggies, then.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 19:27   Link #564
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Has there been any other pilots in the Gundamverse who is a phsycopath just like Ali, or at least close to his level?
A good portion of the Titans like Yazan Gable, I think the Zanscare empire might have had a few, the main villain of Turn A is also a complete nutcase.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 19:37   Link #565
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The druggies, then.
I never got the idea that the recent druggies, from SEED or DESTINY, were particularly interested in killing people. They just didn't care. The only motivation was orders, because it was either follow orders or die.

It's similar for Artificial NewTypes, in UC, in the sense that Artificial Newtypes are usually still stuck with the faction they are with. They are ON a side.

Ali is different from both these types, in that he HAS no allegiance to anyone, and yet doesn't want world domination and is quite happy to change his boss on a regular basis. If you have money, or can give him a better mobilesuit, he will kill for you no questions asked.
Old 2008-11-05, 23:12   Link #566
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The only characters you can loosely compare Ali too (in Gundam) are:

Yarzan
(Z) - Who would have thought this cockroach would be bested by an even greater cockroach...Both have awesome MS skills and they see the weak as prey to be conquered regardless of any rules...

Frost Bros. (X) - They lie, betray, and kill anyone that furthers there goal...Their cold manipulation of higher-ups (even straight murdering them) is an Ali-level art...

Gym Ginginheim (Turn-A) - Although much limited in screentime, he also wants to preserve a world where fighting should always exist, where death and destruction is merely a price...To end this type of world would be the biggest tragedy...Now you think he'd morso resemble Bushido's ideals (and to some extent he does), but unlike Bushido he is willing to kill whoever (even the leader of his own union and countrymen) to keep the destruction alive...

Prolly a couple more I can't recall, but not many characters have resembled Ali strictly...I wouldn't say he resembles Rau Le Creset in the least though...Rau is far more grand of a personality and has a thirst for poetic world destruction that Ali can care less about...The poetry and the stage means nothing to Ali, but to fight, to kill...For money! To f**k up the world a little more than it was f**ked up yesterday...Why not? That's what mercenaries do...
Old 2008-11-06, 01:23   Link #567
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

So Ali's the top phsycopath in the Gundamverse...?
Old 2008-11-06, 01:41   Link #568
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Arguably the most popular, at the very least.
Old 2008-11-06, 02:02   Link #569
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Ali isn't the craziest, but he IS the most dangerous.
Mobilesuits aside, as a person Ali does not have a visible weakness. Someone without a major goal in life can't be thwarted or weakened. And he could freely escape from any employer when they get defeated by the heroes.

Fundamentally, you aren't going to see Ali using death rays, so in a way his kill counts wouldn't be the highest compared to other villains. It's just that he couldn't really be stopped.
Old 2008-11-06, 03:54   Link #570
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It's just that he couldn't really be stopped.
Which is how he overcame the human race.....
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 03:55   Link #571
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

At this rate, Ali Al-Saachez will attain reverse nirvana. He'll have become so evil that he'll achieve inner peace.
Old 2008-11-06, 04:01   Link #572
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
At this rate, Ali Al-Saachez will attain reverse nirvana. He'll have become so evil that he'll achieve inner peace.
I think he's already there.
Old 2008-11-06, 04:04   Link #573
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I think he's already there.
Maybe. We'll know for sure when he starts killing people with mind bullets.
Old 2008-11-06, 04:09   Link #574
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Maybe. We'll know for sure when he starts killing people with mind bullets.
Then it wouldn't be fun.....
Old 2008-11-06, 04:23   Link #575
Pathis87

I am wondering how setsuna will get out of there with that shuttle facing ali's throne

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Pathis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 04:26   Link #576
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathis87 View Post
I am wondering how setsuna will get out of there with that shuttle facing ali's throne
I think there's a strong likelihood that Ali won't want to fight him unless he's in a mobile suit or if they're both in hand-to-hand combat. If only because of their past.

Or maybe he's ordered not to attack since its only a shuttle and not the entirety of Celestial Being.

Who knows? Anything's possible at this point.
Old 2008-11-06, 04:28   Link #577
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathis87 View Post
I am assuming Ali was told to leave witnesses. So they might be spared just because Ali was told to make people believe CB's Gundam did the city burning.

And as I kept saying, Ali doesn't kill unless A: you are threatening him or B: Killing you gives him a benefit in some way.
Old 2008-11-06, 06:25   Link #578
Galerian

Oh I think Ali is more than capable of just shooting Setsuna in his wee little shuttle. Gundam or no gundam. This isn't Mr Bushido we are talking about. Ali doesn't have a strange code of honour that might intervere with his killing. Nor is it likely he will let orders get in the way of killing Setsuna. If Ali hasn't changed in the last 4 years; he'll start blasting at that shuttle. Benefit enough as I see it. The man really loves his killing.

So it is up to Setsuna to save his own ass. Either the shuttle is extremely fast and Ali can't keep up, or by sheer luck alone they survive the encounter.

But even more likely: he isn't interested in going after the CB shuttle as he reasons he can kill more people by continuing to attack the city, while knowing Setsuna is torturing himself for not being able to stop Ali for the additional flavour. Oh Ali will love that.
Old 2008-11-06, 07:19   Link #579
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galerian View Post
Oh I think Ali is more than capable of just shooting Setsuna in his wee little shuttle. Gundam or no gundam. This isn't Mr Bushido we are talking about. Ali doesn't have a strange code of honour that might intervere with his killing. Nor is it likely he will let orders get in the way of killing Setsuna. If Ali hasn't changed in the last 4 years; he'll start blasting at that shuttle. Benefit enough as I see it. The man really loves his killing.

So it is up to Setsuna to save his own ass. Either the shuttle is extremely fast and Ali can't keep up, or by sheer luck alone they survive the encounter.

But even more likely: he isn't interested in going after the CB shuttle as he reasons he can kill more people by continuing to attack the city, while knowing Setsuna is torturing himself for not being able to stop Ali for the additional flavour. Oh Ali will love that.
No, I don't think Ali would shoot the shuttle. Fact of the matter is, if there is someone important in there that Ribbons wanted dead, Ali would much prefer to wait until Ribbons paid him to do it first. The last time Ali tried to get paid for doing a killing before being told to, it was Saji's sister. And he didn't even get paid with a GN-X like what he wanted. He had to steal the Throne Gundam himself.

Yes, Ali enjoy killings. But he is a professional, and thus know when to kill at the most profitable moment. It's not a job if you do it for free.
Old 2008-11-06, 10:02   Link #580
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yes, Ali enjoy killings. But he is a professional, and thus know when to kill at the most profitable moment. It's not a job if you do it for free.
That might have been true with regard to Kinue Crossroad and his attempt to get an GN-X, but not now. Ali already has what he truly wants: the most advanced killing machine available aside from the CB Gundams. He doesn't really care about money. Why else would he ever fight for poor Kurdistan (before the series). He doesn't care about getting rich, he only wants to fight.

And based on Ali's reaction on seeing the shuttle, I don't think he has an illusions as to who is piloting it.