AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-10, 01:47   Link #81
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I know that KEY works are more about the plot than the characters, but they should really work in the character originality department instead of just keeping the same basic traits and going to random.org every time they need a new character.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 10:32   Link #82
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/01/11/keys-rewrite-stuff/
Quote:
Tonokawa: The chairman said that we might get an interesting chemical reaction if we added some poison to rewrite. Romeo’s scenario is always very logical, and Key’s main strengths are mainly centred around moe. If we put Ryuukishi into the mix we’d definitely get a very deep and interesting result.

Ryuukishi07: I was told that I am allowed put a large portion of my personal style into the story, so I won’t be holding back and go all out with my own personal tastes. Of course, I will still keep it in line with the world view from the other writers and hopefully we can all enjoy this joint collaboration together.

Via: 【田中ロミオ】Rewrite ~リライト~ 34【竜騎士】

Also in the latest issue of Romeo’s light novel, he said that the scenario that they’re currenting writing for Rewrite is godlike and promises that it’s really good.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 03:24   Link #83
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

We're so used to Maeda's style in the plot of the previous Key games... I wonder how Ryuukishi07 and Romeo's touches will change this perception.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 04:32   Link #84
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
From what it sounds like, I still have no impression they'll add any more heroines into the story. The protagonist already sounds like an asshole though...
Better than an idiot or an emotionless sex drone.

At least he has character and personality, is all I'm saying.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 12:25   Link #85
Schrodinger
And Truth I Will Find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
*Ryuukishi07: I was told that I am allowed put a large portion of my personal style into the story, so I won’t be holding back and go all out with my own personal tastes. Of course, I will still keep it in line with the world view from the other writers and hopefully we can all enjoy this joint collaboration together.*

Why do I have the feeling that even the Well-Famed Nice Boat Ending gonna be mere child play compared to Ryuukishi07's idea for a BAD END.
Schrodinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 12:30   Link #86
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, when Ryukishi does such kind of end, it isn't for nothing or out of the blue, unlike "nice boat" heh.
Old 2009-01-13, 15:11   Link #87
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not out of the blue....but it can be seriously messed up.
Old 2009-01-13, 15:46   Link #88
Schrodinger
And Truth I Will Find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, when Ryukishi does such kind of end, it isn't for nothing or out of the blue, unlike "nice boat" heh.
Yup, that what I mean by ¨child play¨, Ryukishi is actualy really good with drama. I mean, he alway putting a large dose of sad irony, stong sense of despair and powerlessness in these ending.
Schrodinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 21:11   Link #89
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

When do you think this game will be released? I'm thinking around 2010. I was hoping for a 2009 release with the images and background CGs floating around, but no recent news or release date seems to point to 2010.

I wonder if we will get a Clannad-level delay for Rewrite. Clannad was supposed to be released in 2002 but was delayed 2 years, maybe to make it more epic. If that were the case, that would put Rewrite at a 2011 release. *hears screaming Key fanboys*
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 22:07   Link #90
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

2010? 2011? ahahahahahahaha. I'd count yourself blessed if it's release by early 2012. KEY is pretty much like Blizzard when it comes when game's planned 'release' dates. You have to count their time is not measured by solar years
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 18:39   Link #91
Varion
殲滅天使

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/cloverleaf24/20090327/rewrite0327
New profiles and character pics here, cheers to boggart for posting on Novelnews.

More rough translations:

Tennouji Kotarou (Protagonist):
Arrogant yet cheerful personality. Full of curiousity and loves poking his nose into everything. Doesn't realise it himself, but is quite a pain.

Kanbe Kotori (Brown hair, green eyes):
Close friend of Kotarou, they're always arguing like comedians. She always looks kind of like a small animal when moving around. Is good at gardening and is more able to sense the supernatural than others.

Ootori Chihaya (Orange hair):
Sheltered, naive girl who's suddenly transferred to Kotarou's school. Clumsy and frequently has to be saved by him, she never honestly says thanks and tends to get abusive instead.

Senri Akane (Light brown-y hair):
Head of the occult research society. Acts and talks with a sense of mystery and has quite a spiritual air about her, so has become known as the 'Campus Witch' and feared. Even more arrogant than Kotarou but quite simple at heart.

Nakatsu Shizuru (Blonde hair, eyepatch):
Shy girl from a lower year who's part of the public morals committee. Secretly attracted to Kotarou, she uses her committee position as an excuse to come and see him a lot. She wears an eyepatch to conceal her different coloured eyes.

Konohana Lucia (Blacck hair, blue eyes):
Commitee chairman of Kotarou's class. Has a strong sense of justice and responsibility, and is physically quite tough as well. Is an obsessive compulsive when it comes to cleaning and has no experience whatsoever with boys.

Nishikujou Touka (Blue-y hair):
New teacher in the school. Big hearted and relaxed personality, leading her to become popular with both sexes. Dotes on Shizuru, who she's known even before coming to the school.

Yoshino Haruhiko (Open jacket guy):
An outlaw who calls himself by the name of 'mad dog'. A little undecisive and tends to get messed with by Kotarou. Wants to settle things with him one way or another.

Ootori Sakuya (Glasses guy):
Calls himself Chihaya's older brother but they aren't blood related, and he takes care of her like a butler. Sociable, almost perfect personality, yet is cold only to Kotarou.

- Scenario is about 30% complete.
- Will be widescreen.
- There are other characters not yet introduced.

Last edited by Varion; 2009-03-28 at 19:27. Reason: Typo fixed, cheers Klashi
Old 2009-03-28, 19:38   Link #92
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The prospects about the characters themselves aren't exactly fancy, considering most are basically the usual settings of a school life VN.
That is to say, I believe these are mere "general indications" and nothing past this point (that's like summarizing clannad girls as: shy blob - tsundere - weirdo - peculiar genius - silent fighter, which are hardly giving justice to the depth of the character traits).

Design wise, it looks like Hinoue make another step forwards, and it is much more smooth here (I particularly have a fancy over Lucia, Kotori and Shizuru's design), though the "dress" as uniform is perhaps too much...
Too bad Na-Ga didn't take part of it, just like in LB. Well unless they decide to change their plans perhaps.

Considering it is only about 30% complete in term of scenario, seeing it released for 2010 might be too optimist (either end 2010 or early 2011 I guess...). Well depends how people are working though (Ryukishi did write most umineko episodes within 1 month for each ).
They were at 10% in January (or december 08?) so 20% within 2-4 months is encouraging.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-03-28 at 19:59.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 00:46   Link #93
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

cant wait for the anime and complete all the season
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 01:10   Link #94
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I will say it looks a lot more generic than Little Busters ever did, and that all the girls still look way too similar.

But then again, this is Key and time will tell.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 13:59   Link #95
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Key finally made a site for Rewrite.
http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/rewrite/index.html

Along with Kotori, I certainly like Shizuku and Lucia's design. I'm still rather bugged by this fancy seifuku but well...
Looks like Hinoue improved quite a bit, especially for boys design
Old 2009-03-31, 18:56   Link #96
Varion
殲滅天使

I hope we don't have to wait until next april fools to get any more site updates now
Old 2009-04-01, 22:44   Link #97
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Yeah I wish Kotori, Sizuku and Lucia would be the main three girls their designs are more interesting. I'm interested in how the story will play out. I agree the uniform does seem a bit much I had hoped only Kotori would have it.

I'm quite fond of the male designs too. I wonder if more will be added ^-^

Also what animal will we have this go round >.>
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 17:29   Link #98
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Instead of thinking about the character designs, I'm wondering about how this game will play out, especially with Ryuukishi07 working on it. Umineko and Higurashi didn't have routes, right?

I'm really tempted to use one of their banners.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 18:57   Link #99
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, you "CAN" consider Higurashi and Umineko "arcs" as an alternative system of "route", since these arcs have a noticeable focus on specific characters. Actually, if you were to add romance or so in Higurashi (something more noticeable than the ambiguous one used here), you can even consider the first 3 arcs as "Rena's route, Mion's route, Satoko's route"

Well, that is even more hard to gauge is Tanaka... the guy promised the scenario will be god-like so
Old 2009-06-05, 21:29   Link #100
Kudryavka

Anyone else notice that for Sizuru Nakatsu's name, Key used Kunrei-shiki to romanize Sizuru, but used Hepburn to romanize Nakatsu? Kinda weird to jump back and forth through systems.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel