AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 17 22.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 27.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 33.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-14, 17:29   Link #41
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
@Slay: OMG I'd forgotten about that panel! Man, that is disappointing....

Yeah, this series needs to not be done by Bones. It needs to be done by a Studio who's broken the 50 marker with other series. A studio like....StudioPierrot. They did D.Gray-man and are doing Bleach, both of which broke and have broken past 100.
Old 2009-07-14, 18:30   Link #42
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

OMG what a cool episode... I know this stuff might have been in the manga but since I don't read manga all this stuff is new to me so I give this ep a solid 8! ... cute lil ninja/semi-alchemist comes into play .. some cool chinese (at leat I think) prince guys come through ... OP/ED are top notch... just awesome!
Old 2009-07-14, 18:34   Link #43
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post

Yeah, this series needs to not be done by Bones. It needs to be done by a Studio who's broken the 50 marker with other series. A studio like....StudioPierrot. They did D.Gray-man and are doing Bleach, both of which broke and have broken past 100.
The Bleach staff doing FMA?

... *retch*

Sorry, I just threw up a little. I'd rather SHAFT did FMA, and we know how many 50+ franchises the've done and how well they've handled the natively 50+ Negima franchise...

Studio Pierrot FMA episode 15 synopsis:
"The boys return from their disappointing encounter with Cornello at Liore, but there's no time to recover, as Central is attacked by a team of foreign alchemists led by a mysterious teenager with automail legs and the ability to transmute without drawing a circle."
Old 2009-07-14, 18:36   Link #44
Archer

Quote:

Studio Pierrot is a studio way past its prime. D.Gray-Man is a not an example of a "good adaptation", and Bleach is Bleach.
Old 2009-07-14, 18:44   Link #45
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Studio Pierrot is a studio way past its prime. D.Gray-Man is a not an example of a "good adaptation", and Bleach is Bleach.
How is DGM not a good adaptation? The order of events were moved around slightly at the beginning, and some light filler was added (and then a clump of filler episodes, but that's just what happens when anime get too close to their manga). That's all. How was it bad?
Old 2009-07-14, 19:05   Link #46
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Finally got around to watch the episode, and I can say that I was pleased with what I saw for the most part. I liked both of the songs used for the new OP/ED, and their visuals are very impressive and had me exited over the future events shown in them (my favourite part in the opening is where they made the cover for Vol. 10 the bases for the zooming in shot of Mustang's group (even if he looked a bit near the end of it) and the scene between Hohenheim and Ed.

The actual episode was very good. The comedy was done well, especially the Ed/Lin interactions and Scar’s reaction to the panda. The fight scenes were also very well animated, and I thought that Mamoru done an okay job as Lin (though the one I was most pleased with was Lan Fan’s voice actress, Nana Mizuki). Overall a good start for the new material.

Quote:
A studio like....StudioPierrot.
No.
Dont get me wrong here. I love most of the (old)stuff that come out of their studio, but if they (hypothetically) made FMA into a 100 episode, then the animation (for the majority of the show) would be the first thing that ends up in the gutter. That and they have gotten very censorship-crazy with many of their adaptations in the last couple of years, so you can imagine what the Greed/Wrath fight wouldve looked like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I'd rather SHAFT ...
This scares me even more
SHAFT have a certain...''artistic touch'' which wont blend well with FMA.
Old 2009-07-14, 19:11   Link #47
Kirarakim

Personally if I could choose a studio for FMA it would have been Madhouse. But I guess one thing I can say for Bones at least they have some talented animators.
Old 2009-07-14, 19:31   Link #48
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Madhouse have a very mixed record with what they do (but I guess that has mostly to do with what team handles the project).

We've seen that they can produce a good episode when they put their mind to it, so I say we see how the next couple of episodes play out before we pass judgment that someone else should've made it instead (because we never know about these things)
Old 2009-07-14, 20:51   Link #49
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
Jeez guys, sorry for making a suggestion. Nevermind that I don't know very many anime studios and the only ones I DO know of happen to be Studio Deen, StudioPierrot and BONES.

And I, for the record, liked the D.Gray-man adaption. Yeah, it ended prematurely and a few scenes here and there weren't exactly in the manga order, but for the most part it followed the manga very closely until it caught up so close (because of all the hiatuses) that it had a premature ending at 103 episodes.

@Gui: When did I say anything about the staff? A studio's resident VAs don't always have to be cast. Look at Viz and Funimation, for example. Vic Mignogna technically works for Funimation, yet he apparently voices Ikkaku in Bleach which is dubbed by Viz. If VAs in America can be shared between companies, then why can't seiyuus?

@GDB: Technically the filler wasn't really "filler". It was just an anime adaption of stories that happened in the D.Gray-man light novels written by Hoshino and one of her friends. And really, anything that came from the author's input or supervision is canon material, the "filler" eps just didn't happen in the manga. But they still happened in something related to DGM that wasn't the anime.

And guys, I also have no idea on the reputation of any anime studio. All I know is what they produce and if I like what they produce then I like them.
Old 2009-07-14, 21:03   Link #50
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Damn, Ran Fon has a surprisingly moe expression when Ed caught her...
I don't know about moe but Ran Fan's embarassment of having her face exposed is obviously intentionally made cute on the author's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
The Bleach staff doing FMA?

... *retch*

Sorry, I just threw up a little. I'd rather SHAFT did FMA, and we know how many 50+ franchises the've done and how well they've handled the natively 50+ Negima franchise...

Studio Pierrot FMA episode 15 synopsis:
"The boys return from their disappointing encounter with Cornello at Liore, but there's no time to recover, as Central is attacked by a team of foreign alchemists led by a mysterious teenager with automail legs and the ability to transmute without drawing a circle."
Uh, if you're implying that they cover too little per episode and have slow pacing, they only do that when the anime is too close to the manga and they don't have enough material to work with.

That obviously wouldn't be the case with FMA so I'm pretty sure there'd be no complaints pacing-wise. They'd certainly use a more adequate chapters per episode ratio than BONES.

Only problem would be of course the inconsistent animation, characteristic of Bleach and Naruto. BONES is definitely better in that department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Personally if I could choose a studio for FMA it would have been Madhouse. But I guess one thing I can say for Bones at least they have some talented animators.
Word. Madhouse ftw.
Old 2009-07-14, 21:17   Link #51
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I suppose that most of you must be manga readers, because I am surprised by the lack of discussion of all the information presented in this episode.

Until now, we never really knew that there existed many other countries on the borders like Xing. I think it really changes the dynamics of the story, allowing it to expand far beyond what I initially anticipated.

Needless to say, as a non manga reader, this episode did very well to not only entertain, but hype me up for the future episodes. The OP shows some things that I can look foward, as I liked the animation, but I'm not so sure about the song. The ED was very bland.
Old 2009-07-14, 22:16   Link #52
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I suppose that most of you must be manga readers, because I am surprised by the lack of discussion of all the information presented in this episode.
I'd say the lack of subs is to blame for that. Most people here probably can't discuss information that's only been relayed to them in japanese.
Old 2009-07-14, 23:55   Link #53
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I'd say the lack of subs is to blame for that. Most people here probably can't discuss information that's only been relayed to them in japanese.
KG has their English sub version out........

Last edited by CuXe; 2009-07-15 at 00:06.
Old 2009-07-15, 00:21   Link #54
Haladflire65
*Artist

I liked the episode; Ling was pretty good, and the fight scenes were very well done. The comedy was good, too, as always... As for the new OP/ED - the OP has some great animation, but the ED was rather too ordinary. I prefered the song and animation of Uso.
Old 2009-07-15, 01:36   Link #55
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

Until now, we never really knew that there existed many other countries on the borders like Xing. I think it really changes the dynamics of the story, allowing it to expand far beyond what I initially anticipated.

Needless to say, as a non manga reader, this episode did very well to not only entertain, but hype me up for the future episodes. The OP shows some things that I can look foward, as I liked the animation, but I'm not so sure about the song. The ED was very bland.
If you read most of the previous episode threads, the people who are watching this series have already read the manga. From what I have seen in various internet websites its the same everywhere.

As for animation studio, while having a larger episode count should have happened, I don't want to sacrifice quality of episodes for it. It's working out pretty well so while I am sad that we don'tget Hawaiian shirt King Bradley, I did like the Greed vs. Wrath fight.
Old 2009-07-15, 03:44   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Madhouse have a very mixed record with what they do (but I guess that has mostly to do with what team handles the project).
The mixed record usually means when they do their own endings. Claymore anyone?
Old 2009-07-15, 06:01   Link #57
Sannom

I really liked that episode. From what I can see there, it seems they've planned things up to the 10th-11th volume, since a lot of the things that are in this episode normally happens around here : fight Scar VS Comanche, revelation of Ling's identity as a prince of Xing, Ran Fan sneak attacking Ed because he showed disrespect toward Lin, May finding Scar and Yoki and using her alchemy to heal Scar, etc. It seems that they plan to shorten the quiet times between the upcoming arcs so they put some of the informations in that episode.

Loved the opening, great animation even if the music wasn't that great. Curiously, it's in an opening that King Bradley get his first wound, and by Fû of all people

Great humor in this episode too, I really laughed and nothing seemed overdone! Mention to Lin and Xiao Mei (greatly seconded by Yoki) when it comes to that part. They perhaps overdid a little bit the Barry part though.

The fights were really good, even if the rotating attack from Comanche is even more ridiculous in animation than it was in the manga Arakawa seriously went into the wacky area for that attack!

The only I miss from the manga? A proper introduction for Mr Garfiel

I think I will go to the future episodes thread and guess what they're going to cut and tweak in order to get their pace.
Old 2009-07-15, 11:25   Link #58
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

You know, I was actually inclined to give this ep a 10. I don't know about you manga readers but this is probably one of the better anime episodes I've seen recently. Good fight scenes, good development, great pacing, good humor, good expectation for next episode without a cliffhanger, etc. I'm really stoked to ACTUALLY watch FMA again and not a remake of FMA. Maybe reading the manga makes you expect way more stuff to come out of it, but I'd say this is a damn solid anime episode.

9/10.
Old 2009-07-15, 12:00   Link #59
Starlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Ah, thanks for the link Thought her voice didn't sound familiar I haven't watched the animes she was previously in apart from K-ON, lolol.
Old 2009-07-15, 14:17   Link #60
~A~
Good Game.

This episode not enough action D:
Closed Thread