Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-02-08, 20:37   Link #2301
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Couldn't you break the file up into two or three parts?
I guess so, but wouldn't that be kinda a pain in the ass for everyone to download?

This thing has been stuck at an hour and a half for almost an hour and a half now, though, so I might just do that, sigh.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 20:56   Link #2302
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
I guess so, but wouldn't that be kinda a pain in the ass for everyone to download?

This thing has been stuck at an hour and a half for almost an hour and a half now, though, so I might just do that, sigh.
I'd be willing to download multiple files but whatever's convenient is best.
Old 2011-02-08, 21:00   Link #2303
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I'd be willing to download multiple files but whatever's convenient is best.
Well, I went ahead and split them up and they're uploading to sendspace, but these uploads are crawling as well... so it's probably just my internet, when it comes down to it. I'll leave 'em uploading overnight and hopefully by the morning they'll be done 9_9;;

All in all it's 30 pages of scans.
Old 2011-02-08, 21:15   Link #2304
Elo the Blue

Can't wait....
Old 2011-02-08, 21:46   Link #2305
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Kitsoru, if you want I can set you up with some space on my server you can dump them in...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 22:17   Link #2306
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Kitsoru, if you want I can set you up with some space on my server you can dump them in...
Haha, I might take you up on that for the GotD scans. These ones SHOULD be done in another hour or two.. I hope. The part 2 of the novel scans should be done in half an hour.
I just don't wanna make you go through the trouble if it's a moot point anyway, if the issue is just my internet not uploading the files fast enough. 16-20 KB/second for 200 MB files and all that.
Old 2011-02-08, 22:19   Link #2307
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Haha, well you do realize that you have to scan the document, select it all, open a new document at 72dpi, paste the image in it and save it and the file size will be a bajillion times smaller, right? :P

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2011-02-08, 22:31   Link #2308
Kitsoru

Quote:
Haha, well you do realize that you have to scan the document, select it all, open a new document at 72dpi, paste the image in it and save it and the file size will be a bajillion times smaller, right? :P
Well I have them all saved at 600 dpi and ~6k px on the long side so you could get really good detail (and also so I can use the images as graphics ) but I'll resize them if you don't mind the loss of detail? It's up to you, since you're the one translating 'em haha. Just lemme know what size/dpi you need 'em to be minimum.

EDIT: HURRDURR you just said 72. So 72 dpi is okay? I'd figured you might want them at at least 300 but 72 would make my life a lot easier if you're okay with it, haha.
EDIT2: Nah, just checked, It only cuts down on 3 MB (from 26 to 23 MB), so it's moot anyway. Cutting them down from 600 to 300 dpi significantly reduces the filesize though, if you're okay with that.

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-02-08 at 22:49.
Old 2011-02-08, 22:59   Link #2309
Kitsoru

BEHOLD

http://www.sendspace.com/file/90q1jq

FT Chapter 06 Part ...2. Haha.
Part 01 will probably finish uploading last, and the Staff Credits feature and the AC Timeline are half done.
Scratch that, it just committed suicide (again). /)_(\ I'll try to upload it after the other one is done... eesh.
Old 2011-02-08, 23:08   Link #2310
Elo the Blue

Thanks...!
Old 2011-02-08, 23:32   Link #2311
Kitsoru

I have a feeling the other upload died on me too... Hey Deacon, would it be possible to toss Part 1 over on your server? It's too large for Mediafire and SendSpace seems to be having issues with it. Though maybe if I try it after this other part is done... sigh. Sorry this is taking so long. Shared dorm internet.
Old 2011-02-09, 02:46   Link #2312
Kitsoru

Yeah okay, I just waited 3 hours for the Timeline/staff credits file to upload... and I get to 100% for Mediafire to tell me UPLOAD FAILED.

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

I'mma resize these scans to 300 dpi tomorrow and repackage and attempt to upload Part 1 and the timeline like that. For now? Bed.

Also, I took the liberty of nicely cropping and posting the colored versions of the previous chapters' illustrations as well as this month's. You can view them here: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/New_Mob...icture_Gallery
Old 2011-02-09, 05:25   Link #2313
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Well I have them all saved at 600 dpi and ~6k px on the long side so you could get really good detail (and also so I can use the images as graphics ) but I'll resize them if you don't mind the loss of detail? It's up to you, since you're the one translating 'em haha. Just lemme know what size/dpi you need 'em to be minimum.

EDIT: HURRDURR you just said 72. So 72 dpi is okay? I'd figured you might want them at at least 300 but 72 would make my life a lot easier if you're okay with it, haha.
EDIT2: Nah, just checked, It only cuts down on 3 MB (from 26 to 23 MB), so it's moot anyway. Cutting them down from 600 to 300 dpi significantly reduces the filesize though, if you're okay with that.
No no no no no. Here's what I mean. In photoshop, you scan a document @ 600 dpi, right? You select the entire document, and then copy it. Ctrl + N will make a new document, but you just change the dpi from 600 (default) to 72. Paste the image into the new document and save. Voila, smaller file. 300 and 600 dpi is pointless unless you're going to print them out haha. You initially want to scan it in at that size though otherwise scanning at like 100 will make lulzy scans.

Old 2011-02-09, 08:02   Link #2314
wingzerosnuggles

Kit: Any chance you can upload a version that's illustrations only? If not, can you tell me which pics on the Wikia are exclusive to Chapter 6 (new colorings included)? Thankies!
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 13:14   Link #2315
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
If not, can you tell me which pics on the Wikia are exclusive to Chapter 6 (new colorings included)?
These are Chapter Six's pics:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-09, 13:32   Link #2316
Kitsoru

Quote:
No no no no no. Here's what I mean. In photoshop, you scan a document @ 600 dpi, right? You select the entire document, and then copy it. Ctrl + N will make a new document, but you just change the dpi from 600 (default) to 72. Paste the image into the new document and save. Voila, smaller file. 300 and 600 dpi is pointless unless you're going to print them out haha. You initially want to scan it in at that size though otherwise scanning at like 100 will make lulzy scans.
Yeah, I tried this, but Photoshop was being a bitch about it (first giving error messages 'file too big to export', then freezing up and forcequitting when I tried to save them etc etc).
I just tried it again and it worked, though, so v6_9v lol computers. I'mma go through and redo these now. So I'll scan GotD tomorrow.
(Also lol. try telling that to a viscomm teacher... Because of them I rarely ever work below 150 dpi and level 8 jpg quality)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Kit: Any chance you can upload a version that's illustrations only? If not, can you tell me which pics on the Wikia are exclusive to Chapter 6 (new colorings included)? Thankies!
They're all in order save the chapter covers, which are captioned as such anyway. (Plus the colored ones which ...well, they're the colored ones.)

So yeah, what Elo said. But I'll package up the illustrations on their own later, maybe. If I feel like it after all this scan resizing.. lol.

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-02-09 at 13:58.
Old 2011-02-09, 13:44   Link #2317
wingzerosnuggles

Well, do tell me which links to update the first post with when you're done. :3
Old 2011-02-09, 14:06   Link #2318
Kitsoru

http://www.mediafire.com/?yby82dxgh28of86

~50 MB: Staff Credits/Interview(? whatever the hell it is) and the After Colony Timeline. Chapter is uploading now, hopefully.
Old 2011-02-09, 14:37   Link #2319
Kitsoru

http://www.mediafire.com/?1sm6eq1924bh6ic

~110 MB: Frozen Teardrop, Chapter 06!
Old 2011-02-09, 14:38   Link #2320
wingzerosnuggles

Updating link list~

Tags