AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-11-07, 20:58   Link #661
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Celtics are utterly destroying the Thunder tonight...up by 23 on the road at half time...after both sides were in overtime wins...
As horrendous as their offensive execution has been, the Thunder managed to close it to 9 at the end of the 3rd. But I'm still picking Boston here.

Quote:
New Orleans are still undefeated? And they beat Miami. For a team that looked like they were going to lose CP sometime soon, things have suddenly changed...
Let's see how things shake down by the end of the season. The main point of frustration last year was the team's inability to be competitive without him.

As they like to say, it's a very fluid situation.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 22:07   Link #662
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

What a game in Miami...Heat up by 22 then Utah send it into overtime?!?! Millsap with 44 points?! Who the flock is supposed to be guarding him - this guy just isn't missing anything in the 2nd half! Only thing that can save the heat is Deron Williams had to foul out.
Old 2010-11-09, 22:22   Link #663
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Cleveland gets the win and is leading the central division. This season is off to a good start considering the loss of James.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 22:31   Link #664
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Utah won it 116-114 in overtime. Millsap finished with 46, Wade with 39. Virtually Utah vs Wade in overtime. Wade hit that triple to tie it, but I think they defended that last Utah play wrong. Letting Utah draw a foul on a last second shot was not a good idea - wouldn't it have been better to foul and give themselves enough time to get a good shot off to tie/win?

Indiana utterly annihilated Denver. Anyone else thinking Collison could end up being the steal of the year for what Indiana got him for?
Old 2010-11-09, 23:06   Link #665
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

NEW ORLEANS HORNETS!!

Color me shocked too, but we're doing it and our defense is killin' it...

Chris didn't even play in the 4th tonight because the bench was so good...Even that lug Okafor is FINALLY playing to potential...Gotta give the Hornets brass credit, they fooled everyone...This roster turned out to be pretty damn, good, and Peja isn't even active cause he can't play D...Wow, undefeated...

Quote:

Indiana utterly annihilated Denver. Anyone else thinking Collison could end up being the steal of the year for what Indiana got him for?
We didn't want to get rid of Collison...Truth be told he's way quicker than Paul...I think he's gonna be a star, but we just couldn't balance our roster with him on the team...His one year here was terrific and I'll cheer him on, but I think the Hornets win that deal because if he isn't better than Chris Paul (which he isn't) then you can't lose the deal...We we're able to get Ariza & Bellinelli who are playing great...With the super-underrated Bayless and Willie Green at backup PG, we're getting it done...
Old 2010-11-10, 09:58   Link #666
yeahitschris

cant believed i missed a good game of jazz vs heat!!!
Old 2010-11-11, 00:26   Link #667
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
John Wall. Six games in and he hits his first triple double. I say let him Dougie as much as he wants.

Also Utah does it again to bring down the Magic. That is one hell of a Florida road trip.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 00:46   Link #668
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It was said that Deron Williams would need to be the leader with the departure of Boozer. Well, he's doing it well. Plus Millsap has really come of age and Jefferson is filling the place of Boozer. Utah can't be taken lightly at all - they've got a good variety of offensive weapons. Defense is probably their major flaw - they let in a lot of points and give away A LOT of fouls. Around half of Miami's points in that game gave from free throws. But if they keep scoring like they are, it's not going to matter until they face someone like the Celtics who are defensive juggernauts.
Old 2010-11-11, 10:59   Link #669
LMF

The Jazz are amazing. Two games with top Florida teams, behind large margin of points yet comeback and win. Gotta like Deron Williams.
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 11:03   Link #670
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Playing from behind seems to bring out the best in the Jazz. All exciting come from behind victories.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 12:26   Link #671
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMF View Post
The Jazz are amazing. Two games with top Florida teams, behind large margin of points yet comeback and win. Gotta like Deron Williams.
For as much love as Rondo, Rose, Paul and other PGs get, Williams is just as good in my opinion.
Old 2010-11-12, 01:35   Link #672
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
For as much love as Rondo, Rose, Paul and other PGs get, Williams is just as good in my opinion.
Rondo is the type that is perfect to complement a solid lineup - his one flaw is his shooting outside the paint. Deron Williams is the kind of guy a team needs as a socerer as well as a passer. However, Chris Paul is still the best going round at present.

Well, guess I can't say I'm surprised the Celtics beat the Heat - again. However, the utter lack of energy and hunger in the 1st half from the Heat was disgusting. Rondo began to showcase like a Harlem Globetrotter at times. And throughout that game, they just gave no respect to Allen on defense and not much more to Pierce. However, the Heat did make a game of it but left way too much of a hill to climb, especially with Wade having an awful night. James kicking it up a notch tonight in a very physical way is something the Heat needs to do in general. Bosh is gradually getting more accustomed to his role but could still get more imposing. They have decent bench contributions. But the Heat are just as bad as paint defense as they are at perimeter. If they didn't have Allen or Pierce left wide open, Rondo could pick and choose someone for easy paint scoring. For Davis and Robinson to have that much unchallenged scoring is rather lame. And yet it got close in the end - who knows what would have happened if Wade could have found his rhythm? That three he had roll in and out late in the 4th was Miami's one chance to have a shot. Wade has been dominant in games that weren't against Boston, but when he verses them, they utterly shut him down. Considering Wade is now effectively the top of the go-to list for scoring, Miami needs to find ways for him to be able to get it going versus the defensive sides.

The shocker was after getting humiliated by Indiana, Denver pull off an amazing comeback and stun the Lakers. And they did it by doing the basics - crank up the defensive pressure, clog the paint and force low-chance shots, kick up the pace on offense and pass it efficiently. Their bench, particularly Lawson and Smith, just utterly ripped the game out of LA's hands and went on a rampage. Anthony had free reign and Billups didn't even need to be on the court. If Denver can get some consistentcy going, they could go further than they did last season.

So now New Orleans is the only undefeated side - wonder how long that will last.
Old 2010-11-12, 02:23   Link #673
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Rondo is the type that is perfect to complement a solid lineup - his one flaw is his shooting outside the paint. Deron Williams is the kind of guy a team needs as a socerer as well as a passer. However, Chris Paul is still the best going round at present.

Well, guess I can't say I'm surprised the Celtics beat the Heat - again. However, the utter lack of energy and hunger in the 1st half from the Heat was disgusting. Rondo began to showcase like a Harlem Globetrotter at times. And throughout that game, they just gave no respect to Allen on defense and not much more to Pierce. However, the Heat did make a game of it but left way too much of a hill to climb, especially with Wade having an awful night. James kicking it up a notch tonight in a very physical way is something the Heat needs to do in general. Bosh is gradually getting more accustomed to his role but could still get more imposing. They have decent bench contributions. But the Heat are just as bad as paint defense as they are at perimeter. If they didn't have Allen or Pierce left wide open, Rondo could pick and choose someone for easy paint scoring. For Davis and Robinson to have that much unchallenged scoring is rather lame. And yet it got close in the end - who knows what would have happened if Wade could have found his rhythm? That three he had roll in and out late in the 4th was Miami's one chance to have a shot. Wade has been dominant in games that weren't against Boston, but when he verses them, they utterly shut him down. Considering Wade is now effectively the top of the go-to list for scoring, Miami needs to find ways for him to be able to get it going versus the defensive sides.

The shocker was after getting humiliated by Indiana, Denver pull off an amazing comeback and stun the Lakers. And they did it by doing the basics - crank up the defensive pressure, clog the paint and force low-chance shots, kick up the pace on offense and pass it efficiently. Their bench, particularly Lawson and Smith, just utterly ripped the game out of LA's hands and went on a rampage. Anthony had free reign and Billups didn't even need to be on the court. If Denver can get some consistentcy going, they could go further than they did last season.

So now New Orleans is the only undefeated side - wonder how long that will last.
Bosh was never imposing in Toronto and won't be for the Heat. I've come to realize that while he put up nice statistics as a Raptor and is a good player, you won't win a championship if you except him to crash the boards and be a stopper down low. His refusal to jump when Rondo threw down that dunk is the perfect example.

I love the Heat but they won't win jack unless they can trade for a true low post player before the deadline.
Old 2010-11-14, 11:31   Link #674
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Utah are insane...

FIFTH game in a row they come from over 10 points down in the 2nd half to win?! Five games in a row....Charlotte were utterly murdering them in the 1st half. Then Williams, Millsap and Jefferson come to the party again. This is like a circus act. Clippers, Heat, Magic, Hawks and the Bobcats have all been run over by them. If they can improve on defense, they could be such a serious threat.
Old 2010-11-14, 14:41   Link #675
Kagayaki

Lakers + Gundam Wing + 4chan =

best strangest AMV of all time.
Old 2010-11-14, 14:44   Link #676
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post

Why must my favorite anime be tarnished in such a way?
Old 2010-11-15, 08:54   Link #677
yeahitschris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post

lol @ "david stern cost us another game"
Old 2010-11-18, 21:36   Link #678
Prodigy
Heartless

It looks like Tony Parker and Eva Longoria are getting divorced. Apparently Tony cheated on her with Brent Barry's wife. I think they were teammates a few years ago.

That being said, I'm going to see the Spurs face the Celtics in January. First time going to a basketball game, can't wait.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 22:25   Link #679
Nosauz

Even more news... Oden is out again, god why can't our OSU gods do well in the NBA sigh.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 20:22   Link #680
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

That's like what? The second or third time in his 4 years? He is really injury prone I hope he'll be fine though.