AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-20, 00:56   Link #21
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
True Tears promo: 3 girls
Canaan promo: 2 girls
Angel Beats promo: 2 girls 1 guy
Hanasaku Iroha promo: 5 girls
Another: 1 girl
Tari Tari: 3 girls

PA works, why you no sell your guys?
PA obviously sent them to the okada clinic to have them emansculated.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 01:05   Link #22
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Try hard PA works, let the perv legacy live on!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 01:39   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Ep3 *cough*
Well, generally means "usually" - not always.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 01:41   Link #24
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

PA works seems to be a studio that starts their anime off great, but then they peter off into oblivion.

Another is now just a comedy, HSI became mediocre, Angel Beats was fun but ultimately a gigantic mess, Canaan started well but degraded because of the main character Maria and her yuri love with Canaan. Even True Tears had some quality issues going into the later stages of its run, though it held up fairly well.

PA works is just a mediocre studio with some great visuals. I always root for thme to do better, but they keep disappointing me.

Will Tari Tari be any different? I find little reason to believe otherwise. Their track record works against them for this one. I'll probably end up watching this just initially because I'm a sucker for their visuals, but I really have grown tired of them.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 01:51   Link #25
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I'm getting Hanasaku Iroha vibes from that picture. P.A. Works being the studio behind this project just clinches it.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 03:26   Link #26
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Another Hanasaku iroha is always great for me.

What?
Old 2012-03-20, 09:23   Link #27
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Another Hanasaku iroha is always great for me.

What?
Hrm yeah I don't know why HI got such a mixed reaction. I'm usually satisfied with what P.A. Works on though.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 09:33   Link #28
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I found Iroha is fairly satisfying, its have strong start, middle point, n in ending.. multiple part between it might kinda "weak" but in overall its delivered in point that "should matter".
Old 2012-03-20, 09:41   Link #29
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
Hrm yeah I don't know why HI got such a mixed reaction. I'm usually satisfied with what P.A. Works on though.
This is offtopic so I'm going to put this in a tab:

Spoiler for HSI Off-topic & Spoilers:

Really though, the only PA Works related material I disliked was Angel Beats. As much as I think Kyoani is overrated, all of Air, Kanon, Clannad and Clannad After Story were miles better than that abomination. Hence, I'm expecting Tari Tari to be around Hanasaku Iroha quality.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-03-20 at 10:08.
Old 2012-03-20, 10:23   Link #30
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

A little off-topic but I don't think HSI suffered any identity crisis. It just had to have a lot of padding and focus on the other characters and these episodes would often vary considerably in quality. The actual main story of Ohana's coming-of-age was still excellent and consistent.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 15:23   Link #31
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hanairo's greatest fault was that it was too long so that PA Works couldn't cover up the mediocre script that plagues nearly all of their shows with pretty backgrounds and a notable character. The only exception is True Tears which probably would have gone down the crapper too if it had 26 (but this might be due to Okada being unable to write a series more than 1 cour or Jun Maeda being unable to write period.) Fortunately, that shouldn't be a problem here-- the eye candy is nice and maybe the new scriptwriter isn't crazy. It actually will be helpful for PA works to showcase a series like Tari Tari, since if you will say anything, they have variety.

And Noe's VA lawl.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 00:49   Link #32
Vena
Carpe Diem

I'm not sure that I understand the Mari Okada *dislike* floating around. Yes, she is a peculiar character with a flare for the *dramatic* and the *drama* in her writing (and some fetishes or what not) but that shouldn't be a detractor from the fact that she makes for a compelling writer. Anime original episodes that she composes tend to be of very good quality. Many of the weaknesses in the shows that she's in part written weren't (usually) stirred up during her episodes... as such the issues and faults would more properly be laid upon the person directing and the other writers (and I guess the fact that shows don't seem to have one writer any more).

This seems to be a general problem with many PA works... too many writers and a, possibly, incapable director behind all of it to keep the writers/plot in line and in shape. There's always been a tendency in their works to have schizophrenic quality per episode (character, thematics, moods, fluidity, pacing... relevance and impact); Angel Beats being a good recent example of a great story mired in poor direction and unnecessary constraints.

But I'm not part of the business... so what do I know?
Old 2012-03-21, 01:14   Link #33
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
This seems to be a general problem with many PA works... too many writers
3 out of 5 PA works anime only had one writer working on them (Canaan had Mari Okada, Angel beats had Jun Maeda, Another has Ryou Higaki)

Multiple writers working on an anime is nothing new anyway.
The reason why Okada is the only name that comes up when HSI is mentioned is that she's the "series composer" or basicly the head writer so even if other writers wrote scripts for some episodes she's still in theory the one that came up with the overall plot outline and still supervises what other writers are doing.
Of course the Director has his say too so who knows how much of an influence Ando had on the script.

And that's all I'll say on the subject.Okada isn't even involved in this,if people feel like talking about her antics there's always threads of shows she's actualy working on like aquarion evol,black rock shooter,akb0048 or lupin III or hell we even have a social group (shameless plugin ftw )

Last edited by totoum; 2012-03-21 at 01:26.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 09:50   Link #34
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

When I first looked at the concept art, I wondered where I had seen it before, until someone pointed out for me that the artist actually drew an end card for Guilty Crown
Spoiler for :
not exactly my most favorite (it's no Mel Kishida) but I really liked the soft colours. Of course, much like Hanasaku Iroha, I find myself a bit cold to the anime designs, though they aren't bad by any means.

I do wonder what this means for the new Hanasaku project. I was thinking that it would've been an anime considering the nature of the announcement, but now with this show coming up it might be a movie instead? Or is this something like an extremely early announcement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Funny thing is, the Okada eps were generally the best ones in HanaIro, by far.
Quote:
Ep3 *cough*
I'm soryy, were you trying to prove his point or disprove it? Because Hanasaku episode 3 was one of the better episodes of the show (for the record, I ended up loving the show despite all of it's flaws, and I actually think it might be among my top ten of the past year so if this show ends being similar in tone/story/ideas, I'm all for it)
Old 2012-03-21, 10:35   Link #35
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I do wonder what this means for the new Hanasaku project. I was thinking that it would've been an anime considering the nature of the announcement, but now with this show coming up it might be a movie instead? Or is this something like an extremely early announcement?
Nothing. This project was likely started before they thought about working on more Hanasaku Iroha. We were told to expect news about that project in "the spring." It turned into the spring season 2 days ago in Japan and the spring anime season starts in 2 weeks, so we're still on-track. There's always production going behind-the-scenes that fans won't know about until later, so don't read too much into this. Edit: and just like that, we have news. Check that forum for more information.

I have a good feeling towards Tari Tari. The concept art looks interesting and I can't wait to find out more information. Until then, there's little else I feel I could say.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-03-21 at 10:49.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 10:37   Link #36
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I'm soryy, were you trying to prove his point or disprove it? Because Hanasaku episode 3 was one of the better episodes of the show (for the record, I ended up loving the show despite all of it's flaws, and I actually think it might be among my top ten of the past year so if this show ends being similar in tone/story/ideas, I'm all for it)
Hey man, I wrote a pretty funny commentary regarding my reactions to the episode timeline a few posts up (and the fact I ranked it #7 on my top list of 2011 on my blog which I think you read, which even slightly edged out Anohana) and you can figure out from that I largely loved the series too . I was just kinda tsundere over it during its airing. I still think ep 3 sucked major wang though!

Back on topic again (maybe we should migrate to the PA Works thread regarding all this HSI talk before a mod decides to own us ), I just realised that the Tari Tari logo had music symbols on it . PA don't you even dare trying to go there, or else you are going to make me very very angry at you.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-03-21 at 10:48.
Old 2012-03-21, 11:01   Link #37
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I just realised that the Tari Tari logo had music symbols on it . PA don't you even dare trying to go there, or else you are going to make me very very angry at you.
Really? I don't see it... but oh no.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 11:08   Link #38
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Have a close look.
Old 2012-03-21, 11:13   Link #39
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Edit: and just like that, we have news. Check that forum for more information.
lol yeah. I guess it is for the best to wait and see what are their plans before saying anything, since it does seem like they are going to reveal a bit more from this point ...
Quote:
Hey man, I wrote a pretty funny commentary regarding my reactions to the episode timeline a few posts up (and the fact I ranked it #7 on my top list of 2011 on my blog which I think you read, which even slightly edged out Anohana) and you can figure out from that I largely loved the series too . I was just kinda tsundere over it during its airing. I still think ep 3 sucked major wang though!
I know Acjem, I know you like it to. I actually did read your blog you know :P

But anyway, it's best to not really place too much expectations on the show at the moment --
Quote:
Back on topic again (maybe we should migrate to the PA Works thread regarding all this HSI talk before a mod decides to own us ), I just realised that the Tari Tari logo had music symbols on it . PA don't you even dare trying to go there, or else you are going to make me very very angry at you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Pfttt at you guys. Any anime with a musical twist to it having Takagaki Ayahi as a lead, the one female VA whose not named Mizuki Nana who I consider to be both a capable and excellent singer and VA on both fronts, sounds to be pretty fantastic to me. That and put in the same composer for One Piece and Hanasaku, and suddenly I'm already hyped for this show.

Damn ...

(I didn't catch the musical note in the title either at first)
Old 2012-03-21, 11:14   Link #40
Miraluka
Banned

Ah....

Well, there is still hope... right?

orz
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works