AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-30, 19:19   Link #241
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
True Tears went quite well. Actually I loved the ending. I've saved it as one of my favorites.
Indeed, considering all the train-wrecks Okada-chan and Maeda-kun made the studio animate thereafter
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 02:06   Link #242
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I just hope this show is better than that somewhat disaster True Tears.
True Tears was like PA's best series... it was only considered a trainwreck for a particular group of shippers

Angel Beats was the worst. That series didn't know if it wanted to be a comedy or serious. And derp @ all the dungeon crawling episodes. Sigh Maeda shenenigans. Well to be fair Okada ones are just as bad if not worse. Regardless I spit on that series.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 02:45   Link #243
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
True Tears was like PA's best series... it was only considered a trainwreck for a particular group of shippers

Angel Beats was the worst. That series didn't know if it wanted to be a comedy or serious. And derp @ all the dungeon crawling episodes. Sigh Maeda shenenigans. Well to be fair Okada ones are just as bad if not worse. Regardless I spit on that series.
Wow, we are like complete opposites. I thought Angel Beats was the best of PA Works while True Tears was like the worst.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 09:06   Link #244
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode One:

- OP might as well be by nano.RIPE. Seriously its like the same singer, but then the credit says its not... ED was solid.

- The animation in general is pretty solid, though that singing scene at the end felt awkward. Music is J-Drama music. They spent most of the time on introductions and establishing plot points. I don't think this first episode have as much oomph as Hanairo's first episode, and it's nothing amazing yet, but it should get better right? If you liked previous PA works titles you should like this as well since it has that same feel.

- The blonde girl looks like those early Itaru Hinoue characters, and she acts kind of like one too.

- Favorite character so far is international Japanese student. I imagine this is what a male Kud would be like.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 09:10   Link #245
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Episode One:

- OP might as well be by nano.RIPE. Seriously its like the same singer, but then the credit says its not... ED was solid.
Ewww @ OP being nano.ripe like

Quote:
- The animation in general is pretty solid, though that singing scene at the end felt awkward. Music is J-Drama music. They spent most of the time on introductions and establishing plot points. I don't think this first episode have as much oomph as Hanairo's first episode, and it's nothing amazing yet, but it should get better right? If you liked previous PA works titles you should like this as well since it has that same feel.
Thanks for the update. I didn't see "fanservice", "ero" in the description, so I'm relieved. *Celebrates as there is no Mari Okada!* J-drama music for me is perfectly fine as long as it is not the overly melodramatic type, which I doubt it is since it's the first episode. It's much preferred to the overly squeeling, high-pitched songs that try to sound to sound as chipmunky or cute as possible.

As for not being as amazing as HanIro's first episode, that's fine. Better that it gradually build up than having an amazing pilot followed by faceplanting to the ground *Still remembers the horrors of HanaIro episode 3...*

I'll watch the sub version later tommorrow after work. And yeh, this is like my most anticipated for the season alongside Sword Art Online, hence I'm posting before even watching it

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-07-01 at 09:26.
Old 2012-07-01, 09:20   Link #246
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
I didn't see "fanservice", "ero" in the description, so I'm relieved. *Celebrates as there is no Mari Okada!*
It wasn't really ero...but there was a "fan-service" scene of a boy feeling emasculated. But it was brief.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 09:25   Link #247
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
It wasn't really ero...but there was a "fan-service" scene of a boy feeling emasculated. But it was brief.
Seriously, I actually had to punch something when I heard this...

God...F***ing...Dammit...

Really PA? Even without Okada's influence you had to adopt one of her trademark annoyances...

Looks like I'll have to just brace myself for that single scene. I'll take your word that it was brief though.
Old 2012-07-01, 11:03   Link #248
Miraluka
Banned

Only if you consider as fanservice watching the upper body of a male .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 11:40   Link #249
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Only if you consider as fanservice watching the upper body of a male .
More concerned about the emansculation comment than any fanservice. Moderate fanservice I can handle, but I'm sick and tired of male characters being comedy pinatas for female characters to beat up.

Hence my allergic reactions to Okada in particular and will be mighty pissed if PA decides to adopt it despite her not being involved. I had to tolerate this garbage in even Lupin out of all series where there was crossdressing in three different episodes. The emansculation almost ruined it.

Tari tari. Dont you frakken dare ok?!
Old 2012-07-01, 14:29   Link #250
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2012-07-01 at 14:43.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 17:29   Link #251
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Seriously, I actually had to punch something when I heard this...

God...F***ing...Dammit...

Really PA? Even without Okada's influence you had to adopt one of her trademark annoyances...

Looks like I'll have to just brace myself for that single scene. I'll take your word that it was brief though.
You must really hate fanservice.
Old 2012-07-01, 18:17   Link #252
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Great start, with character and complexity well handled, so far. I thought the unknown director had a good grasp of visual rhythms.

And the three stars are as good as I expected: Takagaki Ayahi as pony tail, Hayami Saori as twintail, and Seto Asami as blonde. Three of the best. Asa-chan seems to have stolen that raw edge to her voice from her co-star in Rinne no Lagrange, Ishihara Kaori. I wasn't sure it was working at first, but by the end I loved the way she was creating the character.

Hayamin and Asa-chan did a fabulous job with the ED, too. I think Hayamin has one of the most beautiful voices in the world. Ayahime has a degree in vocal music. And Asa-chan is proving how good a singer she is. Check out the live performance in my blog profile of her.

Why people have to waste their time castigating Okada Mari -- who isn't even involved in this show -- I'm not sure. No males were harmed in the making of this episode. He looked like an attractive shouta, to me. Exactly why is it so horrible to see a glimpse of male skin in a medium full of female skin? Of course, I think of fanservice as a good thing, in most cases, especially when it is as lightly handled as here.

For me, even though I remain a total Noe shipper, I still think true tears the best of PA Works. Angel Beats I lost interest in about halfway through. By the way, Noe was played by Takagaki Ayahi, who also stars here.

I heard just about zero similarity between the nice OP, sung by AiRI, and anything I've heard from nano.RIPE. Of course, since I like nano.RIPE's music, I find the reflex criticism of her by so many people totally misplaced.

EDIT: I just loved the way the girl (Hayamin's character) rode the horse. An excellent seat. Some of the other starry animation moments were a bit awkward for me, for instance bouncing the baby.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-07-01 at 18:55.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 18:19   Link #253
Julio C
Bury My Shell

I'm still waiting for the subs. I can't wait to watch it.
Old 2012-07-01, 20:32   Link #254
Midonin
Last Engage

たりたり♪♪ 01 - Spontaneous Musical Numbers

I'm not going to deny that there is some drama to this show, but it's lighthearted enough that I still find myself drawn in. Konatsu and Wakana give me the same vibes as Yuka and Saki from the recently finished Natsuiro Kiseki, with the added bonus of Wakana and Saki sharing a voice actress. I can't remember the last time I saw a pregnant teacher in anime, this may have to do with the fact that there aren't many of them to begin with, but it's a little detail that made the world feel defined. Ween, the Vienna guy... I wonder how long they'll use the culture clash angle with him. That his knowledge of Japan is partially defined by Sentai pinged another part of my radar. OP and ED are nice, and I all around enjoy the musical theme. The next few episodes will decide exactly where the show wants to go with its premise. So now that we've met the cast, I look forward to their chemistry.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 21:00   Link #255
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I just watched the first episode subbed and oh my god, this series has me sold. The character designs are beautiful to look at, the scenery is totally amazing, and I just...oh my god, this show will be a freaking blast. The story and premise of music and possibly friendship are going to make this enjoyable to watch, my favourite character is the transfer student from Austria, he's so cool, funny, and unique and it's a great thing to have in a show like this.

It's still early but I can at least say this: I'm so continuing this weekly, like I said this show will be a pleasurable experience to watch. Can't wait to see where this continues to go next week.

Spoiler for Best thing about the episode:
Old 2012-07-01, 21:42   Link #256
Vena
Carpe Diem

I loved the first episode, all of the characters are lovable (I'm fan of the transfer student and his innocent out-of-place demeanor), the story seems clean cut and promises a little bit of drama.

I wonder if we're going to get hit with love pentagons.
Old 2012-07-01, 22:00   Link #257
novalysis

It's a very fun first episode and a promising start.

Though, for some reason, the scene at the end screamed Idol Material to me. Konatsu is a good singer, though one wonders why she chooses to focus on, say choir.

(From a production stand point, that's obviously due to the fact that the VA is a good singer, so I'd imagine it's rather inevitable that Konatsu will get cast as a decent singer who was denied the opportunity to shine)

Incidentally, the VA for Konatsu is Seto Asami, who also voices Chihaya in Chihayafuru.

I'd say overall, it's a good replacement for Natsuro Kiseki, with a nice male-female cast ratio, something that's sadly lacking in quite alot of anime in recent years.

As for those railing on Angel Beats, I actually think Angel Beats had a very good and interesting premise, that unfortunately couldn't be executed in 13 Episodes given the size of the cast and the ambition of that show.

But the premise and cast size of Tari Tari is straight forward enough that invoking comparisons to Angel Beats is quite invalid. Tari Tari has a much smaller cast size, a much more straightforward premise (it seems) and lower ambitions. Apples and Oranges.

A well executed Slice of Life I think is the most realistic standards Tari Tari should be held up to, in critiquing it. I doubt it'll be in anyway Ground breaking, but neither do I think it will be boring, from a first Episode taste test alone. Subsequent episodes of course, may make me eat my words, or prove me wrong in a good way. We'll see.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 22:28   Link #258
flack

This seems like it is going to be a great slice of life anime. Hope it turns out like true tears.
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 22:34   Link #259
Utsuro no Hako

Any doubts I had about the quality of the animation disappeared before the opening credits were over. There were a couple instances at the beginning where the character movements looked as fluid as the big duet in Sakamichi Apollon.

And somebody's going to have to explain to me how any of the male characters were emasculated.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 22:47   Link #260
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

loved the first episode!!!

and in the op, the boys are also running along with the girls. i guess that mean they have as much role of a main character as the girls, nice to see a seemingly high school girl anime have male main character like this

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works