AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-07-28, 03:57   Link #1241
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Now that's quite something! But I think by the time of Muv-Luv, BETA's creators had already extinct, just like the FAR in Evangelion.
Anyway, don't you think Muv-Luv is quite "unflexible" when it come to crossover?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 06:14   Link #1242
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Tiny bit. Too danged busy working, listen to everybody whining whinging and complaining about how God, the Government, the Corporations, and their mother are conspiring to make their life miserable, ergo they must now make my life miserable. Nine bloody hours. Six days.

...and yet on the Seventh Day I can't write a dadblasted thing. But if I ever had the right emotional environment to be writing this fic, it is now. #$^@#^ my life...
Quote:
Burkhart saluted, then turned toward the door. Her professional facade
hid the heart of fear racing in her chest. Not a word else was said,
though she heard Lumumba's footsteps behind her. The taller man caught
up with her.

It wasn't until the two were out of Wilkes' earshot that he spoke.

"People usually ask."

Elle looked at Lumumba, quizzical.

"Normal people ask why Wilkes has that smile on all the time." Lumumba
seemed more relaxed, but did not look at Elle. "Aren't you curious?"

"It's a combat injury." Burkhart replied.

"That it is." Lumumba smiled warmly back, something he did not do in
private. "Maybe we'll talk about it more sometime."

So your warm and friendly side is just an act. Elle did not
accuse him aloud. Everyone friendly she'd met in the Pit had been merely
acting the part.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 07:21   Link #1243
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Tiny bit. Too danged busy working, listen to everybody whining whinging and complaining about how God, the Government, the Corporations, and their mother are conspiring to make their life miserable, ergo they must now make my life miserable. Nine bloody hours. Six days.

...and yet on the Seventh Day I can't write a dadblasted thing. But if I ever had the right emotional environment to be writing this fic, it is now. #$^@#^ my life...
Dude, stop whinning! It won't help both of you and your writing!
Old 2013-07-28, 09:13   Link #1244
Mangathell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Now that's quite something! But I think by the time of Muv-Luv, BETA's creators had already extinct, just like the FAR in Evangelion.
Anyway, don't you think Muv-Luv is quite "unflexible" when it come to crossover?
Well, I'm almost certainly not the one you were directing that at but I would personally say that Muv Luv can be very inflexible depending on what is being written. I was planning a crossover story myself, but once the character came into even vague contact with the ML alternative cast, the influence that the crossed over character had surpassed takeru and i didn't want that... So yeah... Kinda abandoned that idea due to not desiring to overshadow the Muv luv cast.

However, muv luv can be good if you push the other way perhaps and introduce muv luv into something else rather than the other way around. for example, mass effect, ie shirogane wakes up to find himself once again in his room in hiragi town only to look out the window and see that there are air cars speeding through the air and all manner of friendly aliens hanging around as well as faster than light travel. Certainly could prove interesting if done right. Done wrong well... Falls as flat as the idea I had and abandoned.
Mangathell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 09:23   Link #1245
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

That could actually work! Also, I am planning a C&C crossover with Muv-Luv. Just imagine TSF fighting King Oni!
Old 2013-07-28, 10:12   Link #1246
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
That could actually work! Also, I am planning a C&C crossover with Muv-Luv. Just imagine TSF fighting King Oni!
And George Takei as the Emperor dissing the IRG and how much they suck and why his forces from Red Alert can beat the BETA easily.
Old 2013-07-28, 10:31   Link #1247
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Xenosaga or Terminator?
thinking along the lines of xenosaga and heroic age...

Anyone thought of Esper-Takeru with Decomposition or corrosion power?

Last edited by maxxus0923; 2013-07-28 at 10:47.
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 17:28   Link #1248
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxus0923 View Post
thinking along the lines of xenosaga and heroic age...

Anyone thought of Esper-Takeru with Decomposition or corrosion power?
The question is HOW? Sumika's soul sided inside Takeru (like the main character in Darker than Black)?
Old 2013-07-29, 02:10   Link #1249
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
The question is HOW? Sumika's soul sided inside Takeru (like the main character in Darker than Black)?
it is stated that Takeru that existed in alternative is the culmination of Takeru of other universes... It is not far that there would be an esper takeru along the way... what if a body and knowledge of an esper-takeru + mind of casuality conductor = Casuality Conductor Esper... now how do you get that ball rolling
Old 2013-07-29, 02:43   Link #1250
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
it is stated that Takeru that existed in alternative is the culmination of Takeru of other universes... It is not far that there would be an esper takeru along the way... what if a body and knowledge of an esper-takeru + mind of casuality conductor = Casuality Conductor Esper... now how do you get that ball rolling
Got it! And the setting? Another Peggy-Ru?
Old 2013-07-29, 03:04   Link #1251
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Got it! And the setting? Another Peggy-Ru?
of course muv luv alternative... it is a variation of my another esper takeru 'Data Materialization' Esper which can materialize weapons for a certain amount of time
Old 2013-07-29, 04:31   Link #1252
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
of course muv luv alternative... it is a variation of my another esper takeru 'Data Materialization' Esper which can materialize weapons for a certain amount of time
Dimensional Manipulator... What about time? And what kind of weapons?
Old 2013-07-29, 05:16   Link #1253
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Dimensional Manipulator... What about time? And what kind of weapons?
'Data Materialization' hmmm... how should i start... hmmm...

Lets say for example

Universe- One big Hard Disk Drive that contains all data imaginable. Where programs are being ran
Time- A Super Computer Processor which is unhidered and executes programs.
Existence- Data Body
Universal Law- Anti Virus

In programming, you can modify anything from a computer by simply altering datas processed however if you alter the data midway while it is being processed(examples are trainers used for games which alters game data) the anti virus stops the virus process without hindering the game itself or it stops the virus data(Program) from being processed to begin with.

Data Materialization acts like program that allows the esper to materialize data that he knew. He is able to materialize things that typically doesn't exist in the world.

Lets say if there are only 38 Takemikazuchi in MLA 2001, if the esper is able to realize the data of Takemikazuchi, he will be able to modify the data that says

Takemikazuchi;count=38
into this
Takemikazuchi;count=39

the 39th takemikazuchi is the materialized by the universe unhindered by time since time only executes the data coming in from the universe which delivered a modified data of 38 takemis into 39 takemis.

And then because it has been modified, the process is executed swiftly to allow processing unhindered.

So as long as the time flows Data can be materialized unhindered.

However since it is a modified data(Virus) the 39th takemi will be deleted by the anti virus or universal law. Universal law works as preserve and maintain the universe and time to make them flow and work unhindered. It's primary work is to make sure nothing that goes against the allowable data is processed and to stop any processes that didn't go proper procedures.

lets go back again to the 38 takemis

Since in 2001 there are only 38 takemis made, so there is no 39th unit. however it can be materialized if it goes proper procedure. Like forging its parts, programming, designing and etc. or stages that is necessary to make the 39th unit. Since if you use 'Data Materialization' to materialized the 39th unit, it didn't go to proper procedures of making it thus the universal law will disrupt then delete the 39th takemi, however it will not be able to change the process nor the data executed by the 39th takemi(example, killing beta's and etc) since it will be going against its imposed law. It cant go against time and universe

Data materialization is supplemented by Data Fortification which allows the data materialized to be reinforced hold on the universe which then slows down the elimination process of the Law with a side effect of increasing the durability of the materialized items

its opposite is 'Data Decomposition' or simply decomposition which simply deletes data from existence however with explosive reaction or silent process

Last edited by maxxus0923; 2013-07-29 at 05:29.
Old 2013-07-29, 07:44   Link #1254
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Compicated... But you have hit the point. But you know that Time-Space is 4-Dimension, thus making the process of alter it very hard. And beside, Data Corrosion, if it stay true to the rules, could contain a large amount of energy in it (anti-matter) - very dangerous to use.
Also, we have seen that Reality-Altering would bring no good. Just look at Haruhi-chan!
P/S: Just posted a new chapter for my Extra fic. If you guys have time, please give it a shot!
Old 2013-07-29, 08:47   Link #1255
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Compicated... But you have hit the point. But you know that Time-Space is 4-Dimension, thus making the process of alter it very hard. And beside, Data Corrosion, if it stay true to the rules, could contain a large amount of energy in it (anti-matter) - very dangerous to use.
Also, we have seen that Reality-Altering would bring no good. Just look at Haruhi-chan!
P/S: Just posted a new chapter for my Extra fic. If you guys have time, please give it a shot!
of course it will be hard... but time-space that is altered is very small compared to the size of the universe which is expanding every day.

as for the decomposition part... how much power do you think a kilogram of cotton can make if it is converted into energy
Old 2013-07-29, 08:49   Link #1256
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Muv Luv: DYRL -Snippet Collection- chapter 3!
Yes! More DYRL antics. Still wondering what really happen with Yuuko and A-01 Valkyries.

Muv-Luv War of Wills
What if BETA tried to invade the Nasuverse?
Answer: One side will never survive again.
Old 2013-07-29, 09:00   Link #1257
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
of course it will be hard... but time-space that is altered is very small compared to the size of the universe which is expanding every day.

as for the decomposition part... how much power do you think a kilogram of cotton can make if it is converted into energy
Should it will be better for you if half a gram of anti-matter is enough for a standard Rocket to get out of Earth?
Old 2013-07-29, 09:01   Link #1258
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

maxxus0923 ---strongly suggest you read some books by Philip K. Dick. Your idea has lots of merit, it's just in the delivery that you need to be careful. Too straightforward it'll be boring. But if you deliver it in a way that at first seems odd and unsettling but eventually grabs the reader and takes him along for the ride

My pick of what's best to read first, then apply that same style to your idea:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubik
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_My...Policeman_Said
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 09:02   Link #1259
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:

Should it will be better for you if half a gram of anti-matter is enough for a standard Rocket to get out of Earth's atmosphere? And a kilogram of cotton...
And do you think TE kind of stereotype the harem?
Old 2013-07-29, 22:29   Link #1260
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Should it will be better for you if half a gram of anti-matter is enough for a standard Rocket to get out of Earth's atmosphere? And a kilogram of cotton...
And do you think TE kind of stereotype the harem?
as for TE question... no comment!~ depends mostly on you but for me it is a standard romance themed mostly with harem...

to answer the anti-matter

no... Decomposition doesnt create anti matter... Energy to matter conversion is the one i am implying to.. E=MC2 simply provided there is matter and you want to turn it into energy resulting to atomic reaction.

Anti-matter is a whole another level though since if you refer to the diagram i made earlier and it would be like this

Magnet = Decomposition

Erase/delete= Corrosion

Reverse Data Counter = Anti-matter

Anti-matter ability in this scenario is what i will call 'Data Composition Reversal' meaning that it is matter reversal or simply turning matter into anti matter. So how is it related to the above.

A program uses data to create information, so to stop the creation of information, you must reverse the data being feed on the program, and that is anti matter. reversing the data disrupts information being feed therefore the program crashes and results to information termination since if matter and anti matter collide, everything goes. Much like how

information and Data = matter
Reverse Data counter = Anti-matter
Matter + Anti-matter = Energy Burst
Data + Reverse Data = Information Termination
Page = Universal Time space

Since Data and Reverse data if combined together they will not create an information that will be a fact therefore it results information termination because both of them are opposite of each other thus they wont work in the same page much like how matter and anti-matter interacts with each other

Decomposition is simply just as you know... it deletes data much like how a magnet works on a floppy disk or hard drive.

Corrosion is just like as you knew, slow dismantlement however it can be stopped but not reversed. Corrosion's effect however is much more sinister than of composition since it will corrode as well the surroundings rendering it useless. while decompositon merely deletes data be it in silent or explosive manner

Tags
fanfiction, harem