AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-11, 19:23   Link #221
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
*sigh* Such a waste of good design if you ask me. The character death isn't suppose to bother me so much yet I can't get this disappointment out of my system. Guess I really liked her. Not interested in Hibiki at all, I've seen her kind around too much already. But... any further rant will be unjustified from my side, so I'll let it be for now and wait for few episodes and see where this goes.
Old 2012-01-11, 19:39   Link #222
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
...as expected Hibiki's going to even outstar the second supposed lead of the show in side-kicked Tsubasa...
Honestly I don't think its possible to outshine the character who's voice actress is doing the OP and ED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well one of them is currently deceased and still on the first row. Kanade's fans should at least think of that as a piece of good fortune for them.
I honestly don't think they would delete her entirely but who knows. Hopefully she will return. Maybe the next episode will either prove or disprove the various "Hibiki becomes Kanade" theories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm interested in seeing what Hibiki can do with her new powers.
I wonder if she is going to have the exact same powers as Kanade? Then again we have to see if she can even control them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
*sigh* Such a waste of good design if you ask me. The character death isn't suppose to bother me so much yet I can't get this disappointment out of my system. Guess I really liked her.
Honestly I think they were hoping for the viewers got upset at Kanade's death, I know I was and I still really enjoyed the episode.

And look at it this way, she got to go out with the heroic sacrifice to destroy all the monsters. If she was randomly killed for no effect, then I think I might have thrown my computer across the room.

Last edited by Stevie_Nix; 2012-01-11 at 20:00.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 21:08   Link #223
ReddyRedWolf

Know what I'd feel sorry for Tsubasa if she looses a partner twice.

At first she was the shy half of Zweiwing until Kanade's death. Since then she's a bit rebellions to orders doing her own thing fighting. There is already survivor's guilt.

Then comes this newbie who we now is going to die eventually which she probably going to take under her wing.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 21:11   Link #224
Akarin

Spoiler for Tsubasa:

Tsubasa has a really nice ass like Fate Testarossa.

Last edited by Akarin; 2012-01-11 at 21:57.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 21:29   Link #225
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Know what I'd feel sorry for Tsubasa if she looses a partner twice.

At first she was the shy half of Zweiwing until Kanade's death. Since then she's a bit rebellions to orders doing her own thing fighting. There is already survivor's guilt.

Then comes this newbie who we now is going to die eventually which she probably going to take under her wing.
I think Tsubasa will do anything in her power to prevent that, possibly up to and including singing "that song."
Old 2012-01-12, 00:12   Link #226
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
I am totally using this design for a redeemed Material-L! And both Tsukasa and L have similar hair colors!
Old 2012-01-12, 00:24   Link #227
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
I honestly don't think they would delete her entirely but who knows. Hopefully she will return. Maybe the next episode will either prove or disprove the various "Hibiki becomes Kanade" theories.
I'm using this quote (since it mentions the theory) just to point out that the theory is highly unlikely if you listen to what is said about Hibiki in the first episode before the two year flashback. The show can go anywhere at this point, but I doubt that scenario is feasible.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 00:38   Link #228
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
I absolutely love that!

Bardiche: "Get Set."
Fate: "Overdrive shin Symphogear form."
Bardiche: "Symphogear drive."
*Fate begins singing an epic Mizuki Nana song*
Old 2012-01-12, 02:03   Link #229
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post

I wonder if she is going to have the exact same powers as Kanade? Then again we have to see if she can even control them.

Honestly I think they were hoping for the viewers got upset at Kanade's death, I know I was and I still really enjoyed the episode.

And look at it this way, she got to go out with the heroic sacrifice to destroy all the monsters. If she was randomly killed for no effect, then I think I might have thrown my computer across the room.
Yeah, didn't expect her to get deleted, however it reeks of BS that they pulled this shit in the first place IMO. I'm sure fans of Tsubasa or Hibiki don't care that Kanade fans were screwed by the dishonest pre-show material (In fact I'm sure they're all, "that was the point"). We'll see, as I said, they got ep 2 to save this by doing something with Kanade not that there's much of a chance of that (even less so now), Hibiki destroying stuff in "cool/bloodlusty fashion" in berserk mode/evil moment needing to be talked down by Tsubasa certainly won't do it for me though I'm sure most will eat it up since they ate up her transformation as some type of awesome cliffhanger (the best part about it was merely the vague FLCL-ness of it, though Kanade already was doing that with her cool style) despite her character being the most boring, most overdone in the show in my opinion and certainly not the character I came to see (or to a way lesser extent Tsubasa).

I would assume so, only better eventually, naturally. Don't really care about that ofcourse.

Glad you were still able to. Oh I'm sure they were looking for that reaction with their BS reveal strategy...that doesn't make it good and too bad it's stupid they got rid of their most distinctive character and I went from enjoying it to "really? Kanade for Hibiki? really?" (let alone before anyone can take over aside from schoolgirl #5000, which isn't quite so bad when you know it going in) and too bad not all of us came to see the character they let live for probably most of the show in Hibiki or came for Mizuki Nana, and did it in a way that changes the entire appeal of the characters for me, no one with a similar personality (Hibiki's obviously supposed to be/grow into that with the predictable newfound airhead/spunk in the second half, but is just as boring as her airhead first half despite the forced attempt at "LIKE ME NOW" wanting me to believe she's now more like Kanade since she's trying to save a kid) and by replacing a likely 17-19 looking character (hell it wouldn't have been a deal-breaker if it still weren't the case but I even thought Kanade and Tsubasa as actual idols during the first 10 minutes or so were not going to be doing the school thing unlike the two supporting character girls in the back of the later poster...yeah) with a character who looks like she's in elementary school by comparison. The bait-and-switch doesn't make me want to watch it makes me feel like they taunted me with one show and then took it away like the shitty Ga-Rei Zero tease where it went from paranormal team to emo-girls. At least I would have had even lower expectations knowing Hibiki was the lead, it's not like they didn't foreshadow her dying anyway for the "tears". And Kanade was briefly so multifaceted unlike the typical bravado character that her type usually is (either dumb enthusiasm/naive or domineering/arrogant) and typical is exactly what she was was replaced with.

That'd be great if she were a surprise character that made an unexpected mark and not on posters promoting her as co-lead with IMO the best character design while every other character goes on. And now that she's likely got Kanade's powers, is she going to have to learn to be Tsubasa's new partner and train/know how to sing with usual quiet girl paired with dumb naive enthusiasm girl (even if she dies later)? The first half interestingly avoided all of this by having them already be idols and Kanade surprisingly being more than "that peppy girl" (which is what I expected in my low expectations from her which were getting shattered, and am now apparently getting in her replacement Hibiki who might at least be tolerable if she didn't have such an awful character design compared to Kanade's awesome one)...

Anyway it's only a show, I guess it's just frustrating and I woulnd't feel so deflated if I hadn't been so close to liking it so much only for it to tank on me, I'm probably in the minority and the majority came for Mizuki Nana, Hibiki-story anyway so it's not like Satelight will get any deserved BS over the decision.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 02:22   Link #230
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Anyway it's only a show, I guess it's just frustrating and I woulnd't feel so deflated if I hadn't been so close to liking it so much only for it to tank on me, I'm probably in the minority and the majority came for Mizuki Nana, Hibiki-story anyway so it's not like Satelight will get any deserved BS over the decision.
Well, I don't like their troll move either, but I think it's time to move on.

Personally, I'm dropping it (I think I already said so in a previous post) and if you don't like where the series is going you probably should drop it too. There's no point in forcing yourself to watch something you don't like. Specially if it keeps reminding you how much you would have like it if they didn't screw up this way.
Old 2012-01-12, 05:18   Link #231
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
^ Aren't you guys being a bit rash? I'm pretty much with you on this, and I would have dropped it too if we were 100% sure where the series are going. You should stick around and see what the next episode or two will bring.... you never know. Or at least read the comments.
Old 2012-01-12, 06:53   Link #232
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I would have dropped it too if we were 100% sure where the series are going. Or at least read the comments.
Oh, it's pretty obvious where the series is going. In fact, it was obvious since the pre-screening event, though I only found out about it after I watched the first episode. It was specially telling that Minami (Kanade's VA) was the only one out of the four main that wasn't present in the event. Even Miku's VA was there, but not Kanade's .

Anyway, I will still keep reading the comments for a few weeks, but there's literally no chances for Kanade to return. The best you can expect is some flashbacks, but that's it.
Old 2012-01-12, 09:16   Link #233
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Aren't you guys being a bit rash?
Well, the times when trolling the viewers works are rare.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 11:19   Link #234
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Well, the times when trolling the viewers works are rare.
I agree I loved Symphogear because of executing that really well.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 12:00   Link #235
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It was specially telling that Minami (Kanade's VA) was the only one out of the four main that wasn't present in the event. Even Miku's VA was there, but not Kanade's
You understimate their trollish abilities,this could be exactly what they want you to think so that you're sure she isn't coming back when in fact she is

or not
Old 2012-01-12, 12:42   Link #236
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

>Kanade and Hibiki
>Noise
>Suddenly hymnoss out of nowhere
>Many potential yuri pairings.

Yep, I'll definitely follow this for this season

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 13:18   Link #237
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

I guess I am not quite as pissed as everyone because I knew it was coming before I had actually made any connection with the character. Don't get me wrong, I still cried when Kanade died. Maybe that is why the had the early pre-view, hoping people wouldn't feel so pissed if they knew before hand... maybe.

I honestly think everyone should stick around for at least episode 02, maybe by then we might can actually figure out what is going to happen with Kanade.

Personally I came because I though the premiss sounded interesting, and stayed for Mizuki Nana's song and the Yuri subtext.
Old 2012-01-12, 13:21   Link #238
DangerMouse

You're lucky, I certainly didn't know though I should have (and yes the premise sounded interesting, I like the Art Tonelico games), anyway I guess they figured enough would come for Mizuki Nana rather than Minami or really both of them so they could afford to risk losing everyone else with pretending they were both leads which would be a lame way to decide something.

Quote:
^ Aren't you guys being a bit rash? I'm pretty much with you on this, and I would have dropped it too if we were 100% sure where the series are going. You should stick around and see what the next episode or two will bring.... you never know. Or at least read the comments.
Quote:
Oh, it's pretty obvious where the series is going. In fact, it was obvious since the pre-screening event, though I only found out about it after I watched the first episode. It was specially telling that Minami (Kanade's VA) was the only one out of the four main that wasn't present in the event. Even Miku's VA was there, but not Kanade's .

Anyway, I will still keep reading the comments for a few weeks, but there's literally no chances for Kanade to return. The best you can expect is some flashbacks, but that's it.
Quote:
Well, I don't like their troll move either, but I think it's time to move on.

Personally, I'm dropping it (I think I already said so in a previous post) and if you don't like where the series is going you probably should drop it too. There's no point in forcing yourself to watch something you don't like. Specially if it keeps reminding you how much you would have like it if they didn't screw up this way.
Yeah, I do want to make sure that I don't get in the way of others enjoying it by saying the same things too many times so I didn't want to stay on the subject much longer.

Also as Stevie_Nix said, it's pretty obvious where they are going now knowing about the pre-screening event where only Kanade's VA wasn't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I agree I loved Symphogear because of executing that really well.
No.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-01-12 at 15:41.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 17:47   Link #239
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
I guess I am not quite as pissed as everyone because I knew it was coming before I had actually made any connection with the character. Don't get me wrong, I still cried when Kanade died. Maybe that is why the had the early pre-view, hoping people wouldn't feel so pissed if they knew before hand... maybe.

I honestly think everyone should stick around for at least episode 02, maybe by then we might can actually figure out what is going to happen with Kanade.

Personally I came because I though the premiss sounded interesting, and stayed for Mizuki Nana's song and the Yuri subtext.
I thought that something from Kanade got transplanted into Hibiki which might explain how Hibiki survived and obtained Kanade's powers. For some reason, they focused on Hibiki's heart during the power activation scene. A black vine was seen growing also.
Old 2012-01-12, 19:11   Link #240
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I agree with EVERYTHING DangerMouse and Crimson Cloud have said so far (I'm too lazy to pick out particular quotes :P). I'm still going to watch the show, but I'll never be able to ignore what they've done... KANADE WILL ALWAYS LIVE ON IN MY HEART! T_T

Tags
action, musical, original anime, science fiction, shounen, tragedy