AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-23, 22:40   Link #201
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
They went full baka. Who the hell is gonna pay for that series?
I take it you don't know just how large the yuri fandom in Region 1 is. YamiBou is considered one of the "premiere yuri series" (the character designs of the two leads of this show obviously inspired the two female leads of Kannazuki no Miko, another "premiere yuri series") and with characters originally designed by Carnelian, it's not hard to see why. Releasing this series in Region 1 would be a good way for the distributors to soak up some money from the yuri fans.

They should also just leave this series undubbed. After all, Hazuki Azuma is one of Mamiko Noto's major "breakout" roles, and I'm sure that many yuri fans want to hear her original performance as this character. They might find a matching dub voice for Hazuki if they could find an English-speaking voice actress who could fit Hazuki's "cool beauty" stereotype, but those often have deeper voices than average for women (such as Mary Elizabeth McGlynn) and that wouldn't be very suitable for a teenage girl, which Hazuki is.

To bad the original game won't ever be translated into English. I would certainly like to see what Hatsumi's ending would have been like.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 13:38   Link #202
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Releasing this series in Region 1 would be a good way for the distributors to soak up some money from the yuri fans.
Yeah, 10 years ago they'd soaked up some money...
Now just breadcrums

Quote:
They should also just leave this series undubbed
Personally, I still don't understand why they throw money away on dubs
I figure most people can read subs, and I thought it's supposed to be Japan that's xenophobic
Old 2013-05-26, 03:42   Link #203
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I take it you don't know just how large the yuri fandom in Region 1 is.
It's because I am a yuri fan that I know most people in the fandom hate this series (mostly due to its shit ending).

Anyway, if you think it's going to sell well, more power to you. But I personally think it's going to flop big time.
Old 2013-05-28, 03:30   Link #204
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's because I am a yuri fan that I know most people in the fandom hate this series (mostly due to its shit ending).

Anyway, if you think it's going to sell well, more power to you. But I personally think it's going to flop big time.
Well, you have to admit that the original material that the anime is based on didn't have much yuri to begin with, and despite your issues with the ending, isn't there plenty of yuri fanservice in the series itself?

Ai Shimizu's performance as Hatsumi is one of her more memorable performances as well.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote