AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-03-03, 18:29   Link #341
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Dick joke again. Somehow I'm not surprised

So wait, did he reveal Nami and Robin's measurements or not? I need to know! They must be quite ridiculous.
Old 2013-03-03, 19:00   Link #342
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

In centimeters:

Nami

Pre-Time Skip

B: 95
W: 55
H: 85

Post-Time Skip

B: 98
W: 58
H: 88

Robin

Pre-Time Skip

B: 99
W: 59
H: 89

Post-Time Skip

B: 100
W: 60
H: 90

Likely not as big a growth in those areas over two years as some originally thought. Still pretty ridiculous though.
Old 2013-03-05, 19:02   Link #343
Undertaker

The measurement isn't as that big of deal, it's the cup sizes...

Both of them went up again from I to J...
Old 2013-03-05, 22:08   Link #344
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Corner starts with someone claiming Oda ate the Ero Ero (pervert) no Mi. It seems he doesn't deny this. Someone also asks if he, like Kinemon, is fond of breast bands (aka bras).
Now if only someone asks if they would enjoy kittens playing with these breast bands. That's my thought.

Quote:
-Apparently Oda refers to Brooke's goofy running style as "Dabba Dabba Dashing". But what's also interesting is that we find out who Kinemon is modeled after: An actor named Nakamura Kinnosuke. In fact, the characters from his name have been used for the father-son samurai duo (the "Kin" for Kinemon and the "nosuke" in Momonosuke).
Very interesting inspiration.

Quote:
-Vergo's daily breakfast routine is having a hamburger, fries and strawberry shake.
I myself would go for a cheeseburger, fries, and banana or rainbow shake.

Quote:
-We get Nami and Robin's measurements, Nami gets pissed at Sanji and Oda for revealing the goods, hilarity ensues, etc. etc. etc. END OF SBS!
Curious that Brook wasn't involved with said hilarity. He's as bad as Sanji in terms of perversion.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 21:54   Link #345
marvelB

Iiiiit's that time again! Volume 70 is here, and with it a new SBS! So what does Oda have in store for us this time?

Well, first off, let's kick things off with.....

WHITEBEARD PIRATES AS KIDS!!!!

Sadly, it's not all of the commanders we see as kids, but at least it's the most notable ones (Marco, Jozu, Vista, Izou). Whitebeard himself..... looks funny, IMO. And judging by the image, Marco seems to have been quite the studious one (was the crew's navigator or something? Looks like he's charting maps there). Interesting......

As for the rest of the info, CCC from AP summarized it, so credit goes to him:

Quote:
Volume 70 SBS summary (note- this is really quite abridged. I'm paraphrasing most of it, but you still get the facts and the usual bad humor)

Page 66
-“I wonder who’s going to say ‘Let’s start SBS!’ first this time… oh, it’s me!”-> “You said it! This is your face now!”

-“Take this, Oda, Karakuni!”-> “Uh! I can’t… breath… oh, I can. Next.”

-“My friend always says I look like Coby. Why would you do this to me? TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!”-> “Why is that bad? Coby is cool now. I won’t take responsibility.”

-“I always tell my friend he looks like Coby, and now he’s mad at you! Watch out! Here’s my question, in chapter 653…”-> “You! You did this to me! And it looks like you’re friends from your pennames [first was Kobayashi Yuu Minami- Pigeon; second was Kobayashi Yuu Minami- Cat]”

Page 84
-“…in chapter 653, when the crew promised Shirahoshi that they’d walk in a real forest together someday, why didn’t Zoro and Franky join?”-> “A lot of people asked about this. It’s nothing, really. In the flow of the story, those two didn’t really interact with Shirahoshi that much, so would they really go and join pinkies? Of course, the promise naturally includes the feelings of the captain and all crew members. So don’t worry.”

-“In 692, when Nami and Luffy reunite, it looks like Tashigi is being carried by a Marine, but didn’t she say earlier, to Zoro, ‘When we meet up with my men, put me down!’?”-> “The thing is, she hadn’t given Zoro the order, and also, he’s a pirate. It’s no problem being carried by her own men. I wonder if there’s another embarrassing reason… well, I don’t much understand the hearts of young women.”

Page 104
-“In 602, Sweet Pea says ‘All sorts of living things I’ve never seen before! 1, 2, 3, 4…’ So there’s Brook, Franky, Chopper… who else?”-> “Probably Sanji, with his strange appearance.”

-“I heard that the 691 colorspread was really cool, so I bought Jump for the first time in a while to see it! The young marine to the right of Brook… is he the same man as the pirate to the right of Ivankov in volume 58 after the page when Whitebeard says ‘Protect Strawhat Luffy with everything you’ve got!’? Did he really become a pirate after first being a Marine?” -> “They’re different people with the same face. In OP Green, the ally of Whitebeard is identified as ‘Andre.’ The Marine is ‘Kandre,’ and although I forget where, I think he also participated in the Paramount War. The two are twins, forced to fight each other. So… whatever! But thanks for pointing this out.”

Page 124
-“From now on, speak in Kansai accent!”-> “[All in Kansai accent] Eh! Impossible! I can’t do it! I just can’t!”

-“Everyone’s hair grows during the long voyage, right? Who cuts it? Nami or Robin, yeah?”-> “[Still in Kansai accent] Yeah, their hair grows. It’s Zoro who cuts it. Everyone gets a ‘Tiger Hunt/Cut! [this is a pun].’ No, that’s ridiculous. The truth is that Usopp and Robin do it, given how good they are with their hands. I’d like to draw a hair-cutting scene now…”

-“Can I drink the bathwater after Nami’s been in it?” -> “[predicable gag response involving the police, Oda accused of being a pervert and a fake Kansai person]”

Page 144
-Child drawings of WB, Marco, Jozu, Vista, and Izou

Page 184
-“What do you think about the social trend of young people tending not to own cars, nowadays!”-> “Hmm. Hmm. Who cares.”

-“What’s the name of Big Bro Kuzan’s penguin friend? Is he related to the Galapagos penguin? Was he treading water while waiting for Big Bro Kuzan? He’s too cute.” -> “The species is ‘Super Penguin.’ They’re especially good at swimming while upright. He suits the Hie-Hie no user well, and they met after Kuzan quit the Marines. His name is Camel. He’s a real ‘hard-boiled’ guy, so calling him cute is an insult.”

-“In the movie ‘Truck Yaro- Bakusou Ichiban Boshi,’ Tanaka Kunie’s character title is ‘Borsalino 2.’ Is this the origin of the name ‘Borsalino’?”-> “You’ve seen it? Amazing. It’s a really old movie. I wonder if it’s out on DVD/Blu-Ray. I have all the Truck Yaro movies on tape. Yes, I got ‘Borsalino’ from there. There’s also an Alain Delon movie called ‘Borsalino,’ and I think Tanaka Kunie got the name from there. Delon is a super cool actor. He’s old, so you probably haven’t seen his movies… well, I’m just musing to myself. Okay, this is the end of SBS!”
“The next volume is slated to come out earlier than usual. See you next time!!”

End translation

Eh, mostly the usual silly stuff. But at least we got the name of Aokiji's penguin. And while the info about Kizaru's inspiration was interesting, many of us already figured that out when the character was first introduced. And I guess I found the info about Robin and Usopp being the crew's hairdressers rather amusing.....

Oh well, the chibi WB pirates remains the highlight of the SBS for me this time. And so, until the next volume!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 08:21   Link #346
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I want that hair cutting scene, I bet Sanji doesn't let anyone but Robin cut his hair. Or maybe a scene of Robin trimming Chopper's fur, that would be adorable. Maybe a scene of Ussop cutting Luffy's hair and Luffy being all restless and jumpy.

Now I want a scene of everyone cutting each other's hair.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 13:51   Link #347
marvelB

^Now that I think about it, it would be the most awesome thing ever if Usopp shaved Luffy bald as a prank, and he'd be forced to spend an entire arc like that.
Old 2013-06-04, 15:56   Link #348
Rainbowman

Quote:
-“Everyone’s hair grows during the long voyage, right? Who cuts it? Nami or Robin, yeah?”-> “[Still in Kansai accent] Yeah, their hair grows. It’s Zoro who cuts it. Everyone gets a ‘Tiger Hunt/Cut! [this is a pun].’ No, that’s ridiculous. The truth is that Usopp and Robin do it, given how good they are with their hands. I’d like to draw a hair-cutting scene now…”
Makes some people wonder if Robin will cut Nami's hair back to what we were used to in the Pre-Timeskip setting. With me on Nami's hair in the Post-Timeskip setting, I neither condemn it as hair can grow naturally, nor can I condone it as I never could have imagine Nami to have her hair long and wavy almost as if she changed in a condemning way.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 22:11   Link #349
Blackbeard D. Kuma

It's funny how Jozu used to be a thief that steals food. I'd like to see the ages and heights of the WB pirates sometime. That'd be interesting info to discover. As always, thanks for the update marvelB .
Old 2013-06-07, 22:11   Link #350
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Makes some people wonder if Robin will cut Nami's hair back to what we were used to in the Pre-Timeskip setting. With me on Nami's hair in the Post-Timeskip setting, I neither condemn it as hair can grow naturally, nor can I condone it as I never could have imagine Nami to have her hair long and wavy almost as if she changed in a condemning way.
I was wondering what had been bothering me about Nami's post-timeskip appearance... and glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels that Nami with long hair just doesn't seem quite right. Granted, the timeskip does seem to have taken longer than the series, so her hair could grow... but still, it feel rather strange on her.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 09:15   Link #351
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Zoro cutting everyone's hair Santoryu style would be hilarious !
randomlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 14:50   Link #352
marvelB

Okay guys, the next SBS is out! First of all I should mention that, most unfortunately, there are no child drawings this volume. However, I do think that there's some interesting info here, nonetheless. Here are the SBS pages in question, courtesy of Redon from AP forums:

Spoiler for vol. 71 SBS:

And to summarize the more interesting questions:

-Remember the freelance reporter "Absa" who was mentioned in chapter 700 (the one who discovered the existence of the Kid/Apoo/Hawkins alliance)? Oda confirms that he is indeed Absalom from Moria's crew. It also turns out that "Absa's" articles are particularly popular among the male readership (lol ). But even more interestingly, Oda hints that it may have been Absalom who saved Moria from Doflamingo's trap at Marineford.....

-Oda confirms that the monster trio are the only ones in the Straw-Hat crew who can use haki. Furthermore, their specialties are Conqueror's Haki for Luffy, Armament Haki for Zoro, and Observation Haki for Sanji, respectively.

-It's revealed that Bepo is the Navigator for the Heart Pirates.

-On the subject of the Heart pirate crew, Oda shows some sketches of Law's tattoos (which you can see in one of the images in the spoiler tag). Furthermore, we get the name of Law's sword: Kikoku (which means something like "demon cry/howl"). Oda also notes that Kikoku is a cursed blade.....

-We get Caesar Crown and Monet's birthdays! The gas man's b-day is April 9th while the harpy's is August 27th.

.....And that's about it for now. Not the most outstanding SBS I know, but I still thought it was a pretty informative one this time around. I mean, we got to learn which types of haki the monster trio specializes in, we learn a little more about Law and his crew, and Oda once again pretty much confirms Moria's survival! Not a bad corner at all, if you ask me!

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-08-02 at 16:10.
Old 2013-08-02, 15:48   Link #353
ellifeedn
Thinker

Do you think Absalom's invisibility can hide him from observation haki?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 16:06   Link #354
marvelB

^That question sprang to my mind, as well. I guess it depends on the haki user's level of mastery. Like maybe Dofla couldn't sense Absalom due to having less aptitude for CoO compared to.... say, Sanji or Eneru (the latter of whom was shown to have the highest mastery of CoO by far, and that was even BEFORE the skip!). It would certainly prove that even haki isn't always the perfect counter to DF abilities, after all....
Old 2013-08-02, 16:14   Link #355
ri0

Abusa was obvious with the Mini-Thriller Bark sailing away from the island the three captains were meeting.
Him beeing the one saving Moria from a group of Pacifista and Doflamingo is a little bit weird. I mean there was dust everywhere and Moria was half dead and bleeding.

I'm a little bit disappointed that Robin can't use Observation Haki. Would fit her personality.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 17:09   Link #356
Undertaker

I agree, I'm actually a bit disappointing that still only the monster trio can use haki. Not that I want a ship full of haki-users, but it does kind of cheapening the timeskip considering that it's still only those three that can stand a chance against high-level DF-user especially of Logia type...

I didn't expect everyone to be master of it, but I did expect some like Robin, Brook to have one of the Color and has some grasp of it...

The specialty actually isn't that surprising considering that Luffy have a monster CoC so that is a given, and Zoro and Sanji just matches their personality not bo mention it's not a direct comparison of the three.
Old 2013-08-02, 18:37   Link #357
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'm also a bit disappointed no one else outside the monster trio can use Haki. Tashigi of all people learned Haki over the skip, so why couldn't any of them learn it fundamentally at the least? I'm sure some, if not all, of them will develop and utilize it over time, but this was 2 years of training we're talking about as was already mentioned. Haki has been established as a necessity to succeed in the New World. The other strawhats need to get on that asap.
Old 2013-08-02, 20:42   Link #358
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Guess this clears up a misunderstanding. I somehow misunderstood that the "specializing" only applies to CoA and CoO. Well now that we know that Luffy is specializing in CoC, this misunderstanding is resolved.
Old 2013-08-02, 23:13   Link #359
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Him beeing the one saving Moria from a group of Pacifista and Doflamingo is a little bit weird. I mean there was dust everywhere and Moria was half dead and bleeding.

Don't you think the fact that there WAS dust everywhere means that would have been the perfect cover for him to rescue his master from such a deadly trap, though? And like I said before, if Dofla's mastery of CoO is weak, then it's all the more fitting for Absalom to be Moria's savior.

And as far as the Straw-Hats' usage of haki is concerned..... while I do admit to being a little disappointed myself about the monster trio being the only ones to have awakened to their potential, it doesn't entirely surprise me, either. After all, Rayleigh told Luffy right from the beginning that not everyone is capable of awakening to their latent abilities no matter how many years they train. He even said that ordinarily 2 years wouldn't be long enough a time to train someone, as well:

Spoiler:

Still, I do believe myself that at least a couple members outside the monster trio have the potential, and may be able to awaken their latent powers during the course of the journey. After all, I can't help but think that observation haki would be more than fitting for Usopp.....
Old 2013-08-03, 01:39   Link #360
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
To be fair, if we go by the translation of Rayleigh's words as "to never have doubt", then it makes sense only the Monster Trio would have it- all others have had some sort of strong doubt that made them as part of their character. Luffy, Zoro and Sanji have always had an inflamed passion for their goal, never wavering from it (admittedly, Sanji may be the exception to this). And as for Coby developing Haki... that's always felt like something completely random, practically like a plot device.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote