AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-05-01, 12:40   Link #2181
badrobot

Question HBO anime from the 80's

I know that this is sketchy, but so is my memory. I'm trying to recall a show from HBO in the early to mid-80's (you know, braingames years!). This was a sci-fi anime that involved some really cool ships. Sort of like Gatchaman, but more set in space, if I recall. I don't think it was mecha, but more of actual space ships of sort?

Can anyone toss out potentials that I could at least get an idea of what was shown back then? I'm really at a loss...

THANKS!!!!
badrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 15:13   Link #2182
GrapeSoda

Anyone know where this is from?
GrapeSoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 15:16   Link #2183
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeSoda View Post
Anyone know where this is from?
With so many crazy references, it can only be Gintama.
Old 2007-05-01, 16:00   Link #2184
GrapeSoda

Thanks, I was already planning on checking Gintama out eventually and now I have even more reason to do so. <3 parodies.
GrapeSoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 20:30   Link #2185
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

does anyone know which series or where this image is from? Thanks
http://img04.yourpix.org/images/05.0...-stickpost.png

Last edited by Shikimori Kazuki; 2007-05-01 at 20:32. Reason: edited my spellings >.>
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 20:57   Link #2186
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
does anyone know which series or where this image is from? Thanks
http://img04.yourpix.org/images/05.0...-stickpost.png

I'm pretty sure that is Sayaka Nagase from "Soul Link".

Last edited by Furudanuki; 2007-05-01 at 21:08.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 00:43   Link #2187
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Yup..Soul Link

A dissappointing series ;-;
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 03:01   Link #2188
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
I'm pretty sure that is Sayaka Nagase from "Soul Link".

Awww, I knew this one, but doubt clouded my judgement in the end. >_< !!
Old 2007-05-02, 05:50   Link #2189
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Nah, Dan, I think your brain just didn't want to actively remember such a godawful series
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 22:10   Link #2190
Cerollian
DarkMage

it is on a foriegh chinese channel but it's about like this guy trying to kill 3 witches(the only saga of it i saw anyway)then he makes friends with this guy from the sky.then the 2 friends kill the witches but 2 of them reincarnate but then the origanel witch gets killed and the entire space shuttle with the clones explode. later(i think 1 year in the show and not real life)the guy goes to meet is friend at his friwnds place but on the way getting there the friend is told by his master to KILL his friend.

the setting is a burnt down rurial land on earth and the sky is like Greece.
what is it.

please identify

Last edited by Cerollian; 2007-05-03 at 08:50. Reason: correcting errors
Cerollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 00:42   Link #2191
zaraki05

Anime Identification Help

looking for a zoids anime that has the liger and it changes its equipment the sword liger the green liger with a lot of guns and the blue liger that is realy fast. cant remember their names though your help is appreciated.
Sorry cant spell very well
zaraki05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 01:01   Link #2192
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaraki05 View Post
looking for a zoids anime that has the liger and it changes its equipment the sword liger the green liger with a lot of guns and the blue liger that is realy fast. cant remember their names though your help is appreciated.
Sorry cant spell very well
That would be ZOIDS:New Century Zero.

The liger is Liger Zero, and its three CAS-forms are Jaeger, Schneider, and Panzer.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-03, 05:25   Link #2193
lowlight

Need help IDing an anime

At least I think it was

I am new to these forums, and hope to stick around for a while. But I wonder if someone could help me out first?

When I was young, I recall seeing an anime feature on TV. For whatever reason, this show had a great impact on me, and I am dying to see it again. However, I can't remember what the name was!

I am not even sure it's from Japan. But it seems to be; I have been a fan of anime, especially in high school, and it seems like something that would fit in the genre.

Basically, it is about a group of animals who live in the city, who want to escape to the forest. I can't remember what animals they were, squirrels or something. Throughout the movie, they had to overcome several obstacles, and I think they were being pursued by a hawk the entire time...

It sounds very simple, and almost stupid, but if I recall correctly, there was quite an emotional backstory going on while the movie took place. I think the 2 main characters were falling in love, or something... This was like 15 years ago, so my memories are starting to fade. The version I saw was dubbed in English, unless I'm wrong, and it was never in Japanese to begin with. But it sure seems like it was!

If anyone can help ID this for me, I'd be eternally grateful I don't know where else to look... I have gone as far as looking through random video and book stores in Japan, trying to see if I can recognize any of the characters...

Thanks!
lowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 08:48   Link #2194
Doomfox
Did not grow…

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlight View Post
At least I think it was

I am new to these forums, and hope to stick around for a while. But I wonder if someone could help me out first?

When I was young, I recall seeing an anime feature on TV. For whatever reason, this show had a great impact on me, and I am dying to see it again. However, I can't remember what the name was!

I am not even sure it's from Japan. But it seems to be; I have been a fan of anime, especially in high school, and it seems like something that would fit in the genre.

Basically, it is about a group of animals who live in the city, who want to escape to the forest. I can't remember what animals they were, squirrels or something. Throughout the movie, they had to overcome several obstacles, and I think they were being pursued by a hawk the entire time...

It sounds very simple, and almost stupid, but if I recall correctly, there was quite an emotional backstory going on while the movie took place. I think the 2 main characters were falling in love, or something... This was like 15 years ago, so my memories are starting to fade. The version I saw was dubbed in English, unless I'm wrong, and it was never in Japanese to begin with. But it sure seems like it was!

If anyone can help ID this for me, I'd be eternally grateful I don't know where else to look... I have gone as far as looking through random video and book stores in Japan, trying to see if I can recognize any of the characters...

Thanks!

I could be wrong, but it sounds a little bit like <The Animals of Farthing Wood>. (It's not an Anime.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ani..._Farthing_Wood
Doomfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 09:47   Link #2195
lowlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomfox View Post
I could be wrong, but it sounds a little bit like <The Animals of Farthing Wood>. (It's not an Anime.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ani..._Farthing_Wood
Thanks for the advice, but that's certainly not the one. The one I watched was a feature-length film, not a series. And it was more sophisticated than these kids shows.. It was more anime-like than your typical childrens' cartoon.

Thanks though! That was a great guess
lowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 13:16   Link #2196
zaraki05

thanks

thanks for the help that was exactly what i was looking for
zaraki05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 16:57   Link #2197
reiniken

Help finding an anime

Hello! I'm in search of the name of a specific anime movie. It was aired in the late 80's early 90's i think. It's about an old man that is nearing his death and the hospitals create a new invention for him. It's an intelligent bed that does everything for the old man. The bed though ends up attacking everyone though and the man tries to get back to his wife, the bed fuses with everything that it touches.
reiniken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 18:03   Link #2198
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
Nah, Dan, I think your brain just didn't want to actively remember such a godawful series
The official site had a few nice wallpapers; We must give the show at least that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiniken View Post
Hello! I'm in search of the name of a specific anime movie. It was aired in the late 80's early 90's i think. It's about an old man that is nearing his death and the hospitals create a new invention for him. It's an intelligent bed that does everything for the old man. The bed though ends up attacking everyone though and the man tries to get back to his wife, the bed fuses with everything that it touches.
I asked for this very same show not to long ago. The answer I got back then was Roujin Z

Check the link I posted earlier to see if it matches your ID request. I am quite certain it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post

Here's a link to more info in case anyone is curious about it.
Old 2007-05-05, 19:04   Link #2199
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Ok, this one has been bugging me for a while now.

Clickies!

Any clues who this super cute girl wearing catgirl ears and tail is?
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 19:49   Link #2200
Kuja1986

need help with anime name

anyone know what anime this is? just have this little gif flash movie thingy

http://pown.alluc.org/?uid=650
Kuja1986 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel